Screw the players - Bad Idea - Game Over

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Iceforge »

Oh, all the shooting and FoS'ing and even someone voting, this is going great :)

Can't wait to see if anyone is going to die and be an /in, perhaps even a scum
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by Iceforge »

Think you are right, Klebian, but if the first shooter is an /out who can't really shoot and 2nd one is /in, then it would be the 2nd one who lost a bullet...
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by Iceforge »

So much meaningless violence...
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:43 pm

Post by Iceforge »

pft, Hjallti, pointing out the obvious before I could? How rude!!
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:10 am

Post by Iceforge »

Well, Hjallti, if 4 shot at player X and player X then dies, we can't know who of the 4 that shot is actually in (without bullet), out (no gun at all), and in (still bullet in gun), in (but scum)

I think those joining the shooting bandwagons are trying to hide stuff, so I hope all of them are outs and scum
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Iceforge »

1½ hours left to the showdown... who will die and who will live! This feels almost like some cowboy showdown...
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:35 pm

Post by Iceforge »

destructor wrote:
skitzer wrote:Yeah, i'm in, so what? Last game I tried to fly low, and it failed.
We
're trying a diff strategy.
?
Vote: skitzer
I think you are on to something there, going with my guts and...

Shoot: skitzer
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Iceforge »

sorry to everybody for being such a quickpuller on this day!

Regret I did my shoot now; I agree there should have been more discussion. For a moment this morning I was just 100% sure he was scum, so I acted to quickly.
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:56 am

Post by Iceforge »

yeah, sorry about that oEJo :oops:
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:00 pm

Post by Iceforge »

Okay, well, I see a lot thinking of me as useless, so I had to do something to be a little something else..

Made a new PostCount like someone else previously did, added last posted.
Also added /in rank 1-20, based on Number of Posts, in case of tie, most recent on top; Dead players not counted
I am also not on this list as I saw no reason to include myself on it

Name Colour:
Black = Dead or below 20 (probarly out)
Green
= rank 1-5
Blue
= rank 6-10
Orange
= rank 11-15
Red
= Rank 16-20

[mrow]Name[col]# of posts[col]Last post date Bird1111[col]10[col]15th december[col]dead
xyvvy
[col]3[col]12th december[col]Split 20
hasdgfas
[col]10[col]15th december[col]6
Draux
[col]5[col]12th december[col]14
Kinetic
[col]3[col]16th december[col]18
Hjallti
[col]13[col]14th december[col]5
PokerFace
[col]19[col]16th december[col]1
Guardian
[col]6[col]14th december[col]13 JordanA24[col]13[col]13th december[col]dead
oEJo
[col]13[col]15th december[col]3
Bookitty
[col]8[col]16th december[col]9
Rishi
[col]13[col]15th december[col]4
Iammars
[col]7[col]14th december[col]11
YagamiLight
[col]13[col]16th december[col]2 skitzer[col]14[col]13th december[col]dead
Cornerman
[col]4[col]12th december[col]17
Elias The Theif
[col]4[col]15th december[col]15
Alan Redgown
[col]9[col]16th december[col]8 Thyroidectomy[col]1[col]11th december[col]out? YvonneSeer[col]1[col]11th december[col]out?
Elmo
[col]8[col]15th december[col]10 Vaughn[col]1[col]11th december[col]out?
Cephrir
[col]7[col]16th december[col]12
Klebian
[col]3[col]12th december[col]Split 20
ThestatusQuo
[col]4[col]13th december[col]16 mnowax[col]1[col]12th december[col]out?
destructor
[col]9[col]16th december[col]7 OhGodMyLife[col]2[col]14th december[col]out? Jdodge[col]1[col]12th december[col]out?
brokenscraps
[col]3[col]14th december[col]19

I will do some closer look into everybody on this (ie. look at what they posted and for scum tales) later, but for now, I am going to ask the mod for some prods.

MOD: Could you prod the following for being inactive for X days or more:
xyvvy (4 days)
Draux (4 days)
Cornerman (4 days)
Thyroidectomy (5 days)
YvonneSeer (5 days)
Vaughn (5 days)
Klebian (4 days)
ThestatusQuo (3 days)
mnowax (4 days)
Jdodge (4 days)
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:32 am

Post by Iceforge »

Alright, the figures:

2 Mafia alive
3 Townies dead
2 Townies without bullets
5 Townies with bullets

Alright, we know that 1 bulletless townie is me.

The other is to choose from all who shoot at JordanA24, which are:
(In order of shot fired)
1. Cornerman
2. YvonneSeer
3. Cephrir
4. Klebian
5. TSQ

Okay, YvonneSeer only got that 1 post, which is 5 days ago, so either modkill shoul come soon or a new post. But most likely, I would say 90% chance that she is /out

Cornerman only got 4 posts and it is 4 days ago, but I think it might be an /in who lost interest due to being without a bullet.

Klebian only got 3 posts and also 4 days since he posted last, but both Cornerman and Cephrir was before him, I think it is safe to assume that he is either still /In with bullet, but inactive, OR an /out

TSQ, well, lowest on list and been inactive for 3 days, I think he is an /out or /in with bullet.

Why is all of this important? Well, we neet a list of whom to shoot!
Shooting someone we THINK is an /out gives us a chance to hit someone who could be valuabe (Townie with bullet)

I suggest we take this order:

1. Cornerman )
2. Iceforge (yes, me)
3. YvonneSeer (only one I am almost 100% sure is an /out
4. Klebian
5. TSQ
6. Cephrir

I suggest we do 3 shootings today, we find the 3 we find the most scummy together and make them shoot us in order, i.e:

Most scummy shoots YvonneSeer
Second scummy shoots Iceforge
Third scummy shoots Cornerman

Such a shooting will reveal valueable information for later use, like who refuses to shoot OR if they do shoot, perhaps the bullet hits thin air.
It also makes sure we don't loose 2 bullets at once, as the target will most certainly be /out or bulletless

If this all ends up showing either YvonneSeer and Cornerman as /in, I would suggest removing Cephrir from the list of targets, as he got high post frequency and is active, so good chance he is /in (don't know if scum or not through)
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Iceforge »

Cephrir wrote:I think I kind of get what Iceforge is trying to do, but it's likely to just set us back.
Alan Redgown wrote:Iceforge, I'm not sure I entirely understand your plan, but it seems like a waste of bullets. Thank you for your table and lists, however. Like I said, information + opinions = good for the town.
I still think JDodge is trying to trick us, and is an /out. But his posts are convincing, as if he's been prodded a couple of times. I think that's the bare minimum you can get away with.
Rishi wrote:I don't think anyone should listen to Iceforge.

That is all.
Right, I get you that it might not be the best idea ever, but I meant in comparassion to having those you think are scum/out try and shoot other you think are out/scum (as has previously been suggested by PokerFace)

If you shoot someone you THINK is scum (like I did, sorry), you just risk ending up killing someone who is /in and had a bullet, then we loose 2 bullets pr. shoot instead of just 1.

And then intend of both scenarios is that if you are right and the player is indeed scum/out, then having them write shoot:target won't do anything and the next day you will know they are either out or scum.
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:58 am

Post by Iceforge »

But lets start the opinion talk some more, instead of just raw data that requires nothing but counting (like my previous data) and look for possible scum tells (Warning: long post ahead)

Taking 1 player at the time.

PokerFace - Already in #58 he started talking about how we should vote for who to shoot at whom. He made it very clear we should debate long before making any shoots (leading the town) and then he contradicted that very same logic in #103 by shooting Fritzler, who has not even posted in this thread, through it should be noted that 9 people did shoot before him, but he still seemed very damn sure that he wouldn't loose a bullet when he wrote it.
That early in the game, nobody could be certain who was /out and who was /in, so one should consider if he indeed did not have a bullet that he could possibly waste.
Then in #140 he goes on to catch suspecion towards Destructor and continues doing so through #144 and #146. Even through Destructor was following the advice given by PokerFace himself in #58.
After some replies he retreats his catching of suspecion and goes on to conclude that Rishi is /out due to Rishi admitting being /out and that Rishi asked a question about the PMs. Now, if I was a scum, I wouldn't mind asking a question that should be obvious, if it would make people assume I was /out instead of scum, so that defense of Rishi is poor at best, perhaps a partner in crime (look at Rishi later)
In #170 and #172 he talks about getting Skitzer to shoot someone who is confirmed out, but he does not suggest Rishi, he instead suggest Kinetic. Why not the one he has previously called certain /out rather than some other guy?
In #192 and some of #205, he asks questions about what "hitting air" means for the mafia, this could be an attempt to divert attention away and look more innocent, claiming that it might be the mafia not sending in their night choises in time. This could be to give us the idea that he is not scum.

Now, I suggested Rishi as partner in crime, lets look at Rishi's posts and see how that adds up:

#23 and #24, he first questions that everybody can post (23) and then right after state that he is not playing, that is awefully quick to claim to be /out, if one wanted to have some fun with the players here, specially seeing how he has 4th most posts here in this thread!
#85 He asks to make sure on will not know which bullets kill a person. Why so interested if /out? And he says "
we
don't know which bullet"
#95 Once again in to say he is not playing; Why come here just to say that again and again?
#104 He joins PokerFace in random shooting and shoot somebody.
#122 Belittles an accusation of being /in from xyvvy
#139 the famous "Do players know their numbers" question.
#149 He says he got no bullets, I believe him, I believe he is scum by now
#163 Thanks for a list, as it was 'helpfull', how is anything helpfull if you are not playing?
#189 Again with the "I am /out!" spam
#191+#193 And again, this time fishing for /out players to PM him, might be a trick to avoid missing NKs, sure smells like it
#213 Taunting and again with the "I am /out!" mania
#237 unsuspecious post

From this I got to say that I would love to see Rishi shoot PokerFace: If I am completely wrong, nothing will happen anyway, so

Vote:
Shooter: Rishi
Target: PokerFace
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:54 pm

Post by Iceforge »

Perhaps a bit to hasty in my last post, I think that it should perhaps be the other way around now.

Unvote;
Vote:
Shooter: PokerFace
Target: Rishi

I'm very sure PokerFace is /in, not sure if he is scum or not.

Rishi has claimed /out so much that is seems obvious that he is either /out or scum

So possible outcomes:

PokerFace is /in townie, Rishi is /out = Wasted 1 Bullet
PokerFace is /in scum, Rishi is /out = Nothing happens
Pokerface is /in scum, Rishi is also scum = Nothing happens
Pokerface is /in townie, Rishi is scum = Dead scum.

This is not taking into the account that PokerFace
might
be /out and Rishi
might
be /in townie, as I find both of those highly unlikely.

the other way around, which I suggested before would not really do anything to prove anything as:

Rishi is /out, PokerFace is /in townie = Nothing happens
Rishi is /out, PokerFace is /in scum = Nothing happens
Rishi is scum, PokerFace is /in townie = Nothing happens
Rishi is scum, PokerFace is /in scum = Nothing happens.

So no matter what, it would not get us any closer to anything.

no matter what outcome of PokerFace shooting Rishi, it will reveal clues to us. It will show if PokerFace is someone we can 100% trust for the future (which I slightly hope, as I think he is able to make some good 'find-the-scum'-work), or if he is scum. It can also reveal whatever Rishi is /out or /scum, but only if PokerFace is townie.

But before anyone bangwagons on my opinion, we need to remember we still only got those 5 bullets left to take out 2 scum. If we miss today and they hit tonight, it will be 3 bullets for 2 scum and we will absolutely have to 100% hit tomorrow. Even if they miss tonight, we have to hit either today or tomorrow, as if they kill 1 /in townie with bullet during the next 2 nights, we are screwed without a scum kill.
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:56 pm

Post by Iceforge »

Bah, For a moment when writing the end of my last post, I forgot that mafia doesn't win when # townies with bullets = # of mafia, but first when all bullets are left. But it still doesn't look good if we end up only having as many bullets as the there are scum, as we then can't afford any miss at all.
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #15) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:57 pm

Post by Iceforge »

Elmo wrote:If I had to pick a pair right now, I'd go for PokerFace and hasdgfas.
Please, elaborate more on why you think PokerFace and hasdgfas might be working together as scum. All details helps!
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (isolation #16) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:54 pm

Post by Iceforge »

brokenscraps wrote:Wouldn't claiming /out be just as good for townies as for scum?
Well, it could be a strat to do until one has fired a bullet, but I would assume it to be more of a vital strat if you play scum, as townies got a limit to number of bullets, while mafia got no limit to nightkills (or actually they do).

I can see how trying to seem out to avoid nightkills could be a good thing in some perspectives, so one can save the ones bullet to fire in the last moment, but as said before me, being dishonest usually doesn't pay off as a townie strat.
And with his high postcount, I assume Rishi is a veteran player, who wouldn't go for an unlikely to work strat.
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by Iceforge »

could be a possibility to just wait and wait and wait until all /out players has either stopped posting or did a random non-working shoot :P atleast until we get a deadline.
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:52 am

Post by Iceforge »

[quote="brokenscraps"][quote]
- mnowax shot Pokerface in 270.
- Guardian shot Kinetic in 280.

[/quote]
[quote]
The forensics had nothing to check.
[/quote]

Guess at least 2 of those 4 are either /out or scum.[/quote]

mnowax and Guardian are out.

If an /out was shoot, we would also be told, I'm pretty sure:

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe post 125 (page 6 in top)"]If a townie shoots on an out, they lose their bullet.
if a townie shoots when another townie already shot someone, they won't lose their bullet.[/quote]

Here we was told no bullets was fired, so, the shooters are /out.
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (isolation #19) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:34 am

Post by Iceforge »

Rishi wrote:
Iceforge wrote:could be a possibility to just wait and wait and wait until all /out players has either stopped posting or did a random non-working shoot :P atleast until we get a deadline.
Yes, you've demonstrated your patience with great aplomb.
Pft, I already said I regreted shooting so fast.... and I know patience in general is not my strongest point, but no reason to go on to personal bashing here :)
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:57 am

Post by Iceforge »

PokerFace wrote:^ :cry:

ahh h-cow does not apreciate my humor.

he thinks my play is rather
crummy

Should I shoot or wait and see if JDodge is /in?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Then the grinch got a wonderful idea, an awful, awful idea; it was a wonderfully awful idea"
At any rate, you shouldn't shoot at rishi if you did shoot.

I would say you should wait until we know if JDodge is /in or not, but if not, we need to find a good target for you.
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Iceforge »

Yeah, I agree with PokerFace about Cephirs explaination not making much sense, so right now I can't wait to see what happens.

Also, I don't think the mafia would kill me off even if my advice was accurate through. Killing me would only make the rest of the /in with bullets (whoever you are!) go back and read through my posts to find out why I was killed.
Iceforge
Iceforge
Townie
Iceforge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (isolation #22) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:06 am

Post by Iceforge »

This game seriously confuses me now!

I am going to a friends until New Years Eve, then going home to party and stuff.

Around January 2nd I might get back to reading up on this thread and start putting something constructive together

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”