Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Nightfall »

Ok this is interesting... Im really now leaning more towards believing Skruffs is town over BM.
Yet at the same time I believe TAR is what he says he is....
(Im thinking he might be insane, but we can figure that out later)

P.s. Fonz could you tell me why you dont want we asking questions about BM and Skruffs roles while you feel perfectly fine questioning TAR?

Still waiting on people to tell me how positive they think ABR would have to be about someone to lie about his role.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:56 am

Post by cicero »

Nightfall, I dont think ABR would need to be very positive to do that but I dont think he's lying. I think he jumped the gun. He saw THE fat kid and jumped at it. ABR is very shoot from the hip.

I think the chronology is very important in this fight. They all look like they're fighting over misunderstandings. There's a very good chance that what JordanA just said is exactly correct. They're all town. I didnt think so at first. The night scene plus Fonz's anger and indignance at anyone daring to question Skruffs innocence threw me off at first. Then I remembered...oh yeah... this is fonz. (Side note Fonz, people suspecting Skruffs as the SK is NOT Ludicrous. Skruffs didnt know what the night scene would look like when he claimed and the mod didnt make Skruffs claim on day one. I see your point, but I dont see yelling at people over it as being appropriate in this instance.)

Also Fonz has, I think, refused to take into account that his own investigations might not be 100% accurate.(apologies if Ive missed that). If we are mentioning Tarhalindur as being possibility inaccurate because of BM we need to reflect on the converse proposition as well. Fonz, have you considered that as a possibility? I'm still puzzling out the bad behavior notes though

so far all I see still points to Skruffs being the SK
on the surface
regardless of Fonz's claimed innocent on him.

- Questions about the bad behavior notes dont match up
- Death in the kitchen.

BUT! I dont want to lynch him today (what are we calling it in here if not a lynching?). First, Skruffs point about the cook is a good one. Second, consider this: and this is puuuuuuuuuuure speculation. What if the night scene tonight shows a completely different kill scene from another part of the school. We know that a kid was killed in the kitchen once. In normal mafia the kid would always be killed like that. In normal mafia, though, there isnt much scenery to work with. In this foodfight mafia it could end up being like a game of Clue. I'd rather see whether someone dies in the library tonight or something given that Skruffs has a cop innocent. I also think Fonzie should live and should maybe consider investigating Skruffs again.

One other note - this is all a good example of the problems with Alpha Striking. ABR is almost dead and it can't be retracted. Someone may have to wallop him with something just to put him out of his misery. I'd prefer he go rather than two claimed cops and two claimed innocents. Fonz, BM, Tar, and Skruffs should not die today. I'm sorry. It's just a bad risk to town all around.

Of these people ABR seems expendable if a choice among those players is required. Especially since he is almost dead. He brought it on himself with his shoot from the hip counter claim I'd say. But all in all I'd rather lynch someone I'm more sure is scum. (I guess that kinda goes without saying...)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote:One pea, probably not.
Multiple, maybe!

Bm: that's very strange, because I did a full role claim. You seem to think bb notes do not count as a role, and you have a name, which I do not, and which the secretary did not.
Hmmmmmmmm. I guess the secretary was a death miller, amirite, because you have a name ad thus all staff should? Even though no other staff seems to except you?
What's your 'role name' again, if it's not vbbnote distributor or librarian?
No you didnt. BB notes are not a role. Nuff said. What is your ROLE, excluding the BB notes?

My role is vanilla. Im sure i already said that a while back, but meh.
And yes, i have an actual character name, as have most claimants so far i believe.

@Nightfall- Id say ABR would try the gambit if he was about 75% sure, in real terms. But tbh, who knows how his mind works!? Suffice to say, i think ABR genuinely thinks Fonz is scum, and wanted to try and assure himself of this, and push the lynch of his choice, with his claim.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

@ Jordan- much as i agree with your comment about Mneme, was it wise to waste your food there?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by mneme »

Jordan: saying a player has done something that should get them killed (when it's quite possibly true) without throwing food at them is opprotunistic? The only thing that has prevented me from alpha-striking abr is the possiblity that he might be town.

cicero: whatever. We have enough food to lynch.
Did I say too much?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by cicero »

mneme wrote:cicero: whatever. We have enough food to lynch.
WHO has enough food to lynch? There appear to be three teams in here (that we know of). You can put the rope in the scum's hands in this game but you can't take it back out again so easily. That's all I'm saying.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Not meaning to imply that I am scum following that wonderful post :P
But I still have all of my food for today. I still dont know the extent of the damage some of it does though.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:13 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Given the situation, I'm going to make the big clarifiying post after all (Fonz's information role claim helps - when I asked Fonz for explanation, I was trying to check for role-based information).

I am, in short, a mason-cop. I will not reveal my name at this time due to that revelation outing at least one of my mason partners (outing my partners *may* be the correct play at some point, but not today). I would like name claims from The Fonz and ABR, however, unless they have a good reason not to share.

I was given no indication of sanity (given my flavor, I have some doubts about my sanity, but I don't have any evidence to support those doubts), and as far as I know I don't look for a specific scumgroup. If I had been given any indication of sanity or detection capabilities, I would have mentioned them in my original claim ala Mafia 67 (one major reason why I was so annoyed with The Fonz for asking about these specifics, the others being tone and possible fishing).

My exact food is 5 celery sticks, 3 tomatoes, and 1 piece of cheese. I suspect that food is related to role in some way (but I cannot be sure), which is why I was so reluctant to have people claim food D1. In a similar vein, I would like food claims from The Fonz and ABR.

There is one other factor of the game setup that I believe is important, but I will not elaborate on that factor at this time. This is because I am not sure about my inference and explaining necessarily outs my mason partners.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:12 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Take a look at your watches, kids, the bell is going to ring soon and everyone will be back in class and later going home to skip doing their homework, download MP3's instead, then go to sleep past midnight.

Approximately 24 hours left before deadline.

The student covered will the most food will be sent home to shower.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:11 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nightfall wrote: P.s. Fonz could you tell me why you dont want we asking questions about BM and Skruffs roles while you feel perfectly fine questioning TAR?

Impending deadline. We need to be killing Rampage, not dicking about asking questions of players we clearly aren't killing today that can wait until tomorrow.

Incidentally, I'd like to ask all those considering throwing stuff at me why the hell they aren't at least giving the scumgroup I can detect the chance to NK me and avoid wasting the kill.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:34 am

Post by The Fonz »

cicero wrote:. The night scene plus Fonz's anger and indignance at anyone daring to question Skruffs innocence threw me off at first. Then I remembered...oh yeah... this is fonz. (Side note Fonz, people suspecting Skruffs as the SK is NOT Ludicrous. Skruffs didnt know what the night scene would look like when he claimed and the mod didnt make Skruffs claim on day one. I see your point, but I dont see yelling at people over it as being appropriate in this instance.)
I don't see 'angry and indignant' in my posts. Well, apart from the one to BM. I was trying, by conveying my extreme certainty in this matter, to convey the fact that I had an innocent investigation without having to come out and say as such. Since the arguments against Skruffs boiled down to 1) BM trying to suggest that him having a kitchen role made him likely the kitchen killer [as a side note, I DO still think this is a horrible argument- I see it as bad modding to give a player a safeclaim of a role that allows that kind of argument- safeclaims are supposed to be SAFE] and 2) BM and Skruffs disagreeing on BBN, and there being an 'innocent' on BM. So, we have one really bad argument, and one argument the counterpoint to which is my own investigation.
Also Fonz has, I think, refused to take into account that his own investigations might not be 100% accurate.(apologies if Ive missed that). If we are mentioning Tarhalindur as being possibility inaccurate because of BM we need to reflect on the converse proposition as well. Fonz, have you considered that as a possibility? I'm still puzzling out the bad behavior notes though
No, I haven't, on the grounds that variant sanity in limited cops is almost unheard of. Conversely, given that I knew we DID have at least one limited cop, that made me very sceptical of the possibility of Tar being a full cop. I also couldn't rule out the possibility that he is lying, hence I needed as much info as possible to evaluate his claim.
We know that a kid was killed in the kitchen once. In normal mafia the kid would always be killed like that. In normal mafia, though, there isnt much scenery to work with. In this foodfight mafia it could end up being like a game of Clue. I'd rather see whether someone dies in the library tonight or something given that Skruffs has a cop innocent. I also think Fonzie should live and should maybe consider investigating Skruffs again.
Several problems with that.

1) It implies an awful lot of cop roles.
2) You're directing the cop.
3) IF that situation is not the case, and i think it's unlikely, then it's a waste of an investigation.

Tarhalindur wrote:Given the situation, I'm going to make the big clarifiying post after all (Fonz's information role claim helps - when I asked Fonz for explanation, I was trying to check for role-based information).
THIS, by any name,
is
rolefishing.
I am, in short, a mason-cop. I will not reveal my name at this time due to that revelation outing at least one of my mason partners (outing my partners *may* be the correct play at some point, but not today). I would like name claims from The Fonz and ABR, however, unless they have a good reason not to share.
I have already both nameclaimed and foodclaimed. Everything in my box has been thrown.
I was given no indication of sanity (given my flavor, I have some doubts about my sanity, but I don't have any evidence to support those doubts), and as far as I know I don't look for a specific scumgroup.
Flavour hints about sanity were exactly the kind of things I had in mind.

If I had been given any indication of sanity or detection capabilities, I would have mentioned them in my original claim ala Mafia 67 (one major reason why I was so annoyed with The Fonz for asking about these specifics, the others being tone and possible fishing).
As would I.
I
would also indicate the lack of them, as per my claim in Mini488.

AS I said, as power role I consider it a duty to inform town as much as possible on issues like this, and of course, since you appeared to be claiming full cop and I knew i was a specific-scumgroup cop, I had reason to doubt your claim. You also neglect to take into account- there's no way for the rest of us to know you hadn't simply forgotten, or not realised at the time you claimed that your investigations were likely to reveal people who were anti-town in a specific manner, assuming them to be the only scumgroup (see my point about 'colluding with the authorities' in the original argument).

Hence i saw your refusal to elaborate as obviously anti-town.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:35 am

Post by The Fonz »

Mod.
can you fix the [/url] tag in that last post?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:44 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The Fonz wrote:
Mod.
can you fix the [/url] tag in that last post?
Incorrect tag mopped up and scrubbed.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Lowell »

hurl plate of spaghetti and meatballs at Fonz

toss 4 fistfulls of chopped onions at Fonz
. Gross, onions!

Fonz is saying the right things of late, but I still believe that either he or ABR is scum, and that it's not ABR.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:23 am

Post by The Fonz »

Lowell, you are a moron.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:23 am

Post by The Fonz »

* Unless you're scum.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:49 am

Post by Yamahako »

Lowell wrote:
hurl plate of spaghetti and meatballs at Fonz

toss 4 fistfulls of chopped onions at Fonz
. Gross, onions!

Fonz is saying the right things of late, but I still believe that either he or ABR is scum, and that it's not ABR.
I wish I still had food. But I guess using it all on your scum mate wasn't that bad a plan.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:06 am

Post by mneme »

Konichi-wa!

First, spotlight: Gorrad:

mechanics speculation, throws food
mechanics speculation
are you sure you should throw food so early?
"I don't have to start scumhunting until anybody else does"
mechanics speculation
complains about vote(food)
OMGUS against battlemage
"I dislike bandwagoning"
Mod request
weak defense of Yamahako
"bandwagoning = BAD" (craplogic)
throws food at pickem for disagreeing with him. ?
no bandwagons!
"state a reason when you throw!"
"I want logic!"
"give reasons!"
{bandwagons (throwing a bananna) sir tornado for votes}
{didn't see the food thrown at me, I think}
oops
bbl
speculation, defends scruffs
selfvotes, more mechanics speculation
complains about a vote
more speculation chitter
finishes his habit of THROWING FOOD AT PEOPLE FOR NO REASON! by throwing almost the last of his food
"fake food = scummy!"
chitter
"did scruff throw fake food?"
alphas BM (with remaining food)
believes scruff "didn't believe there would be adults in the game" ?? (I don't believe this. Students know they are allied with "the students"; apparently, non-scum non-students also know they are allied with the students)
defends scruffs
continues defending scruffs
ditto
ditto
attacks bm
complains about another food item
"trust me"
votes tss
"I don't have a post restriction"
defense
mechanics
Yeah, my PM has nothing but a name and that I'm a student (and one more thing I'm not saying yet). No win conditions, no alignment (other than student), no nothing. (goodposting. His -only- good posting)
banana at BM
speculation (probably correct) about aministration mafia
adult != mafia
castigates tar for being cadgy
claims alergy
''
claims ignorance
!connection to aimee
scruffs==town
scruffs/bm/tar speculation
chatter
breaking the setup in half?
chatter
5 bears on BM
omgus on me, sandwitch at BM
attack post on BM
more stupid reason chatter
decent attack on ABR
chatter
chatter
attacks abr
attacks abr
bb attack justifcation

In summary, he picks people he likes or dislikes, and then attacks them more or less mindlessly. Gorrad does no scumhunting, and is largley completely useless.

The only thing in his favor is him claiming "name, allergy, student, no win condition" in post 697, as was apparently true about my first PM (this was not true about my PM, but dgb presumably corrected it before I replaced in).

Was this before or after the initial goof with student win conditions was public?
Did I say too much?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:10 am

Post by Skruffs »

Cicero, wouldn't it make more sense to suggest fonz to investigat bm, or tar to investigate me? Why would fonz get a different result on me tonight than last night?

Lowell, how town is it to say you agree with the cop. And then try to lynch him? Why the false dilemma re: abr?

Bm: you actually have 'vanilla townie' in your role pm? I don't.

Sidenote: the lunchladies (in my school) were split between those serving food (which is how I interpretted my rolename) and those who watched over the cafeteria. I don't know if there is a distinction in this game., or not... And I'm not claiming to be something that I am not.

However, bm has claimed a finite number of bb notes. Odd. I am an employee of the school and mine are replenished every morning. Maybe his are stolen? I don't know why he'd only have a finite number.

Bm was given a name, and I wasn't. Tss was a school employee, he did not have a name. Jdodge was a kid who was strong, and he has a name. Bm has claimed to have a name, but hasn't provided it, yet.. Fonz and abr are both claimed kids with claimed names.

This strongly suggests to me that bm is also a kid, or has fake claimed having a name for some reason, or is trying to fit in with the rest of the group.

Laatly, he seems to think that bb notes are not a role ability, though TSS showed up as a BB note negater.

Cicero's 'resignation' of abr's inevitable lynch, and his suggestion for fonz to reinspect me (which is odd), and lowell's desire to keep a claimed post-restriction giver over a claimed sk-cop hav them both high up on my own list for today.

Someone hit abr with some dairy so he can post restrict bm tonight. Please please :D someone can shut him up
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:58 am

Post by cicero »

@Skruffs

I was considering those roles where you are semi-competent, i.e. a 50/50 chance at a correct result. Fonz tells me that "variant sanity in limited cops is almost unheard of." I didn't/don't know that. So do with it what you will. I just know they exist. Maybe everyone else is all about the WIFOM, but I'm kinda about the Occam razor. When I see that the dead guy was killed in the kitchen cauldron I look at the lunch lady. Crazy I know. Your idea of the cops cross inspecting is fine it just doesnt answer the concern I was raising. Ultimately the cops should do what they want to stop the magic role "fucker-uppers" that scum might have from having an effect. Mine was just a sensible idea: Consider the fact that your investigations arent 100% effective. Because you are all yelling at each other based on those assumptions and assuming the other side must be lying. My best is there's a good chance none of you are lying and a weird game mechanic at work. c'est tout.

As for ABR's lynch - I am not just resigning myself to an ABR lynch in some scummy way. We are almost at a deadline where the person with the most food on him goes home. Essentially if no one threw more food, ABR is done. I'm saying that of the people in today's big dispute, given we have two claimed cops and two claimed innocents and Albert.... well... the unscummy answer seems obvious to me. ABR dies or you do a massive alpha strike on some uninvolved party based on a case against them, remembering that you are leaving limited time for them to defend against such a case.

If this is a scummy opinion I may just have to quit playing mafia because I clearly just don't get it. Maybe scrabble is more my speed.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:07 am

Post by The Fonz »

cicero wrote:I'm kinda about the Occam razor.
Yet the re3st of your post couldn't be LESS occam's razor if it tried. Trying to use Occam's razor to imply some really weird game mechanic, seriously, is like the opposite of OR.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Throw your food on Fonz. Deadline hits at the end of today.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:17 am

Post by cicero »

The Fonz wrote:
Yet the re3st of your post couldn't be LESS occam's razor if it tried. Trying to use Occam's razor to imply some really weird game mechanic, seriously, is like the opposite of OR.
You're right... a foodfight game designed by Dripping Goofball. How could that possibly have really weird game mechanics. What was I thinking.

All I see is more evidence, once again, that you cant conceive of anyone not seeing what is expressly obvious to you. Which makes you annoying but also much more likely to be a townie telling the truth.

No food on you from me.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:24 am

Post by The Fonz »

cicero wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
You're right... a foodfight game designed by Dripping Goofball. How could that possibly have really weird game mechanics. What was I thinking.
It MIGHT have really weird game mechanics. But speculating that there's some really strange, unusual reason that no-one's thought of that is causing everything is THE PRECISE OPPOSITE OF OCCAM'S RAZOR. That's all I'm saying.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:27 am

Post by cicero »

and my response to that is Dripping Goofball plus the behavior of those involved feeling like townies in a slap fight.

I get your point but I'm not sure how you want me to apply it. Throw my stuff on Battlemage? or throw my stuff on tarhalindur? what? I'm doing the best I can to provide some insight here. Not throw my stuff at ABR? What?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”