Mini 532: Yaw's Split Open Mafia: (Game over)

bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:31 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Off the Mark (4): Panzerjager, Phate, Thantos, SensFan
QuickBen (4): kabenon007, Zhao, Off the Mark, Holy
kabenon007 (1): DrunkenPiper
Panzerjager (1): Korlash

Not Voting (2): QuickBen, mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:50 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Hello. I am MBF. I brisky skimmed the thread and now I want to vote for everybody, starting with Quickben, Korlash, and Phate, not necessarily in that order.

vote: Phate
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Korlash »

Well after all the reading up on you I am torn. on one side I want to think your a good player, on the other I find it hard to take Kuwabara seriously... Now Kurama... that screams intelligent...

>.>

<.<

What? Stop looking at me like that...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:25 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Awkward
ad hominem
attacks on my avatar will not redeem you.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by Korlash »

^^ Didn't mean for it to come off as
Ad Hominem
.... >.>
But seriously... Kuwabara?!?!?

And I don't really see anything I have to redeem. At least not in this game.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:53 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Hey now, Spirit Swords are a lot nobler than guns. Honestly. Although a frickin rose whip... now that says intellectual prowess. Not that there's anything wrong with Kuwabara... at least he isn't Yousuke... isn't that the other character?
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Why is it that most of this game consists of useless banter like this? Instead of, you know, lynching somebody?

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:32 pm

Post by Korlash »

Pshhh Yusuke's little gun thing pales in comparison to the rose whip! Artistic, colorful, deadly. Beauty mixed with power! Sublime!

>.> First MTG, now Anime... what is next... This should totally be called nerd mafia...

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:33 pm

Post by Korlash »

Gaw you ninjaed me... jerk...

And yeah, I have been trying to get Phate lynched all game. No one seems to want to do it :(

kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:00 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Well, MBF, not much I can do until I get some kind of response from QuickBen. I'm not one for setting up one of those, "If this guy turns out to be scum, then I'm gonna tunnel-vision this other guy as his partner next morning." I deal with em, usually, one at a time.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:08 pm

Post by Korlash »

And I am waiting to hear other's opinions of Phate and Panzer, along with something reasonable from Panzer himself.

In fact, James, what is your take on Phate? Do you think him a long winded scum trying to hide as a town by coming up with this seemingly "Pro-town" plan? Or, do you feel Panzer's active lurkerness should be llowed to continue? How about myself, what is your take on this so called BS spaghetti crap Phate came up with?

And Mr. Flashy, why Phate over me and QB? What is wrong with me? Why not Panzer or OTM? Don't be all "This talk is useless" while not contributing anything yourself. Getting the game more on track is all and good, but make some kind of effort yourself.

kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:54 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Well, I can't come up with something extremely detailed atm, finals week and all, but in short I have a few observations:
Phate's playstyle, as I said before, is incredibly annoying at times, and some people jump on annoying as scummy with him. I did. So I could be perhaps a little too overcautious in dealing with him in this game. However, to determine a little more about the plan he came up with...
Think if someone else had come up with the plan. Like, in other words, if someone whose playstyle was different than Phate's had come up with the plan, how would you feel about the plan? I mean, it had its faults, but I found that Phate's playstyle magnified the feeling of scumminess around it, if that makes sense. It's hard to explain. Like, the fact that Phate's playstyle made us possibly see his plan in a different light than if it had through another person? Did that make sense? I am more inclined to leave it be for the time being, for meta reasons. But if he is scum, he won't be able to hide behind his playstyle all game long.

Panzer kind of confuses me. He seemed really committed to this game, and then he started lurking. Not sure what to think about it, leaning on slightly suspicious.

As for you, I haven't really seen where all the "spaghetti throwing" came from. I don't think you are flinging suspicion around all that much. I admit, there have been many FOS's, but I don't see any problem with that. I don't give FOS's much attention anyway. I find them to just be blowing smoke most of the time. I use them more along the lines of IGMEOY. FOS is just much shorter to type.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:56 pm

Post by PJ. »

kabenon007 wrote:Panzer kind of confuses me. He seemed really committed to this game, and then he started lurking. Not sure what to think about it, leaning on slightly suspicious.
Ex-Girlfriend Drama, New Girlfriend Drama, My friends that went to out of state colleges came back, Work, MMA Training, School - when it was in session, other Social Life things. Oh yeah I forgot M:tG, lack of my own computer, bad home life(don't make enough to move out), and Soccer. Mafia is the last thing on my list, I could careless until it gets interesting or I make a big scene and make it interesting.

All I really need to add to this is I'm shocked your letting korlash wash all the OTM talk under the table. I smell scum partners.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:31 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

kabenon007 wrote:Well, it is no surprise that QuickBen is hardcore lurking atm. I really want some posts from him, explaining his actions. If nothing new happens, I will be moving my vote. I just have to think of to where...
You continue to make nothing look scummy.
A quick meta of QB, sounds just yummy.

It doesn’t look like he has posted anywhere.
Yet this is something you don’t share.
mikeburnfire wrote:Hello. I am MBF. I
brisky skimmed the thread
and now I want to vote for everybody
, starting with Quickben, Korlash, and Phate, not necessarily in that order.

vote: Phate
Kab, what are your thoughts on the bolded.
I want to see the inconsistencies being unfolded.
(hic)
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 am

Post by Holy »

Korlash wrote:..., on the other I find it hard to take Kuwabara seriously...
Lol, maybe that's exactly his point... to make others unprepared because of Kuwabara's underdog-ness feel.

Phate wrote:We're not here to lynch scummy players, where "scummy" means "your opinion of the way experienced players act when they're scum." We're here to lynch scum. Different people act in different ways when they're scum. Primarily forum players tend to act more logical as scum and more emotional as town. Primarily chat or IRC players tend to reverse that. More experienced players tend to make more gambits and act more confidently as scum. Unfortunately, they tend to do this as town, too. New players, as scum, tend to have a strong sense of "I want to live!" make simple mistakes, or go too far trying to avoid them and end up looking suspicious anyway. Unfortunately, they tend to do that as town, too. Furthermore, what's a mistake or a slip or a scumtell for an experienced player is often a nulltell for a newbie, and vice-versa.

And it doesn't stop there. Some players break the mold completely, and each player has their own quirks. Compare your own style with Jdodge's or Quag's, or Adel's or Adele's, or BBM's or BM's , or MoS's or SSF's. None of these players are particularly new, and they're all experienced with forum play. And yet their playstyles differ vastly.

A good scumhunter doesn't live by the Jeeptells, or make their own definition of what's always scummy no matter what and follow it to the letter. A good scumhunter recognises first the things that usually mean scum, and as he gets better at it, makes his definitions more specific. He might note a very telling scumtell that only applies to newer players, for example. Or a phrase, that, when uttered by a player who plays primarily in chat games, almost invariably means they're town. And his definition of scummy becomes more diverse.

And it goes deeper than that, too. A good scumhunter draws on prior experience with any given player. If a person's playstyle changes dramatically it usually (of course, there are always exceptions) means they know something they didn't last game. This is called the "meta", short for "metagame". It literally means "after the game".

Saying "scummy=scummy" is not good scumhunting.
I didn't like this tell. Simply, different behaviour is something we recognize based from past acts, there's no need to discuss it immoderately.
If QB's explanation is quite satisfying, I'll consider shifting my vote to you :wink:
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:02 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Well, DP, I didn't say he was posting elsewhere, I didn't know he wasn't posting anywhere, I don't care that he's not posting elsewhere, I care that he isn't posting here. And as for your bolded piece... I must say I missed it, but that is irrelevant. How many votes does Phate have atm? That's right: one. From MBF. QuickBen put OTM at -1. Big difference.
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:30 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

Maybe you shouldnt say he is "hardcore" lurking then.
If he hasnt posted anywhere, that changes the context for quickben.

However, you dont bother to check facts, before making implications.
that is truely scummy accusations.
(hic)
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:40 am

Post by kabenon007 »

check facts? The fact is that he is not posting. Okay... whether or not he is posting does not change the reason I voted for him, which was his stupid vote.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Thanatos »

Sorry I've been quiet. I've been busy with work, and I can't manage too much at the moment. I'm going to look over this topic by friday.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by QuickBen »

Ok. Sorry 'bout that. Birthday was the 12th and I took a few days off to do some Christmas shopping and such.

First of all, I didn't realize that my use of the word "skim" would be taken so badly. I'm not a newbie, I've just been away from the game for a while. To me, skimming wasn't a bad thing because it wasn't the only reading I had done. I've been reading along as we go, so I went back and skimmed to refresh my memory as to what I had already read. I find that it's really quite useful when your mind is stuck, the way that looking too closely at a pointilism picture can make you miss the big picture.

My vote on OTM (which doesn't seem to have counted?) was due to being on the fence about his individual posts, where I couldn't decide if it was his playstyle that was pinging the scumdar or if he was actually committing scumtells. By skimming the thread, instead of getting more comfortable with his playstyle, it made me more suspicious. (Hence my vote.)

Any other questions?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:27 pm

Post by Korlash »

Panzer wrote:All I really need to add to this is I'm shocked your letting korlash wash all the OTM talk under the table. I smell scum partners.
Ohh... So your actually resorting to reaching.. that's cool. I mean, yeah just stop talking about OTM and try to blame me for it. Go ahead. See if it flies.

Sorry but I feel you and Phate are more deserving of the lynch. Not y fault if other's are beginning to see it too.
QB wrote:Any other questions?
How much would it cost to make you switch your vote to Phate or Panzer? :P

QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:03 pm

Post by QuickBen »

I feel pretty good about an OTM lynch at the moment. Planning to dip into the mafia petty cash to buy my vote?

I'm actually a little concerned about kabenon's pushing of my bandwagon without really giving me a chance to say anything. I had been absent from the site for a couple of days (which on scum isn't exactly a capital offense, especially around the holidays). Impatient? Scum? Not sure. But I'll keep my vote where it is unless someone convinces me otherwise.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by Korlash »

I wouldn't say he has been pushing your bandwagon... Many of the people on it... well... Holy at least, she counts as many to me, are only waiting on you to speak up. Being absent isn't a problem, just some notice woudl be appreciated.

As for buying your vote, naw. Maybe when I am scum and actually know I can use it for my evil plans, but not in this game.

I think your 469 post answered a big question that many of us were thinking about.

On that note... Than... thanks for the speak up but your input is needed! I will be holding you to this "By Friday" thing. Thanks...

And... On that note... I hereby put forth for a vote "Town initiative 3" Which states:

Drunken piper should either stop with his "Words gotta rhyme every time" or he actually adds meaningful, and not so confusing, content.

Flavor is... well... I mean I love flavor! But there is too much of a bad thing you know. I really don't like having one player who has gone through all of day 1 contributing, bad puns aside, crap. Either find a new style that allows you to post more and/or better content, or just plain up and stop this. Town or not your not helping us.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Post by PJ. »

I've officially stopped reading Korlash's post due to them being stupid and a waste of my time.

The only one deserving of lynch is OTM. All you have against me and Phate is that we have lives.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:52 pm

Post by Korlash »

... I honestly cannot think of anything sarcastic enough to respond to that one.

If you have enough times to mock me liek that you damn sure have enough time to post something worth while.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”