TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

~PAGE TOP GO TEAM~
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 370, SirCakez wrote:Ok? Not sure what this is supposed to be convincing me of other then you bussing Nacho is very much a possibility.
And this is... completely missing the point.
Mastina talked about a game where she bussed me and everything went to shit shortly after as a sort of parable to not bud the shit out of your partners for no reason.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1768, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Mastin, can you sell me to Prism please, I need to focus on Cakez
I'm not quite sure how to sum it up.

You're town because this level of play from you would be unprecedented as scum. Yes, you put deliberate effort into improving your game. You read theory. You, as scum, would have Pine backing you. You have some town players willing to give you tips to improve in-game as well. But there's just...well, just not exactly a way for you to make THAT much of an improvement in your scumgame all of a sudden. The way you engaged people changed overnight.

The interactions became solid. And here's the thing. Here's the real thing. You're standing up, excelling, at real-time interaction. Real-time interaction is BRUTAL for scum. It's something that they can't take well. Yet you? You're thriving, keeping paces with the best. You did it with me and Prism yesterday; you're doing it with me and Nacho today. And the Nacho jam session is a different skillset entirely from the Prism ego contest. The sincerity you've shown throughout, the insight you've given, there's a level beyond faking.

Imma go get some food, so be back momentarily.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 370, SirCakez wrote:Maybe mastin/nacho/fate? Aero could be in there somewhere (except not replacing mastin).
But then again, does Mastin/Nacho/Fate feel like a Cakez opening scumteam?
Probably not.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1771, Nachomamma8 wrote:So you don't find any parts of the three-pronged push problematic?
It's not good reasoning, but I don't think it's particularly scummy.

In particular, this is a case that they thought was strong even if they were scum. You and I both don't think this is the case. Is this biased perception scummy? I don't think so.

Everything pre-500 though needs to go into a dumpster.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

also pisskop's "i want to call this shot bad but i'm waiting for the flip to happen" was a pile of hot garbage; mastina was polarizing enough at that point and pisskop was pretending to trend far enough to the mastina side where taking the middle ground didn't make sense.

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:53 pm

In post 1778, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 370, SirCakez wrote:Maybe mastin/nacho/fate? Aero could be in there somewhere (except not replacing mastin).
But then again, does Mastin/Nacho/Fate feel like a Cakez opening scumteam?
Probably not.
Okay I don't know how Cakez plays but looking at this, I mean does it make sense for scum to say every single one of the 3 top notable players and attract their attention onto himself or a town perspective of being fearful of all 3 of you guys?
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

prism is top-notch, you can't write them off as town because of that, mastina
balance among all things
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1779, Prism wrote:this is a case that they thought was strong even if they were scum.
Okay, I can understand this perspective.

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:55 pm

i mean, as scum you don't want to attract attention and saying any 3 of those he listed is like hitting a fucking nuclear launch code and world war Z and holy shit God himself came down and teamed up with Thor, Zeus and rained hellfire lightning bolts and righteous fury on his slot.

Basically it's a suicide mission to attack all 3 of you guys
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1781, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Okay I don't know how Cakez plays but looking at this, I mean does it make sense for scum to say every single one of the 3 top notable players and attract their attention onto himself or a town perspective of being fearful of all 3 of you guys?
I don't really know Cakez either (I used to be able to read him but then my ability went to shit), but I don't really think Cakez would push all of us out of the gate. I don't think most players (save Prism) would push us all out of the gate.

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

sounds possible to me mastina is giving a TR to prism to pacify potential future goings-at-it

but it's all muddled now and we just need to lynch gin to sort
balance among all things
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1782, drealmerz7 wrote:prism is top-notch, you can't write them off as town because of that, mastina
I'm curious as to how you would think this considering you've never seen me play scum before. The one game you saw I was incredibly lackluster town.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I missed some punning! :(
I am le sad.

No time for that though.
Nacho, I'm all yours for now. What would you like me to read/do/comment on?
I just need a direction to look in.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1784, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Basically it's a suicide mission to attack all 3 of you guys
Devil's advocate: Pine would know this too and could have advised a scumbuddy on the subject.

However, I called that devil's advocate for good reason; I feel that to be an incredibly unlikely scenario.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1789, mastina wrote:
In post 1784, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Basically it's a suicide mission to attack all 3 of you guys
Devil's advocate: Pine would know this too and could have advised a scumbuddy on the subject.

However, I called that devil's advocate for good reason; I feel that to be an incredibly unlikely scenario.
I can't see him sending Cakez on a random suicide mission; he doesn't really have good return even if it succeeds but it has a high chance of going poorly.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1788, Aristophanes wrote:Nacho, I'm all yours for now. What would you like me to read/do/comment on?I just need a direction to look in.
You've never needed direction before.
I'm here to make sure your voice is heard but I'm not going to walk you through posting.

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Prism »

Biggest issue I'm having right now in the townbloc is Nacho is being power town but has reacted
very
outside town expectations with regards to me (which is where my strongest reads come from)
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:00 pm

In post 1788, Aristophanes wrote:I missed some punning! :(
I am le sad.

No time for that though.
Nacho, I'm all yours for now. What would you like me to read/do/comment on?
I just need a direction to look in.

No. You do you and give back what you think. I do not agree having Nacho guide you will give us an accurate read. Simply.

1. Nacho asks question
2. Scum chat makes response
3. Ari changes diction to fit his style
4. Ari posts it and gets town read.

I need 100% organic thought from you.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1576, Monokuma wrote:SirCakez just swallow your pride and admit you're townreading mastina.
NO

I don't want to admit I was tunneling town again q.q
In post 1577, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Well first off, Pre-game knowledge is that SAJ is an apathetic as fuck townie. I believe he was an all town wagon in the Hunger games and was lolhammered on the 2nd day of D3 or D4.

The thing is, he still posted and gave concrete thought.

This is weak as fuck and what to me is I think fence sitting. It's short and brief but I gotta research the hunger games and ISO him
Yes SAJ is always apathetic.
But I think there's a pretty distinct difference between his playstyles as scum/town. Look at Hunger Games 2. He was awkward as hell there as town. And then look at Walking Dead S2E1. His posting was pretty strategic and deliberate. I think what posts he has made this game were more like the latter. And that's why I think his ISO is so bad. He looks like he's trying to post just enough content to fly under the radar, not just bumbling around like a lost townie.
In post 1586, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1575, SirCakez wrote:Your town block is OK with me except Fate is scum and Vax I have as null (I'm going to roll with you being town for now)
Cakez, I love you but you have a tendency to tunnel.
Can we talk about your Fate read? Lay it out for me; I'd grab the reasoning myself but I'm currently in SAJ mode right now.
Everything he's doing this game is just following the flow. Like I mentioned earlier, he's joining wagons as soon as they pop up pretty consistently. This does not look to me like the wild town Fate I'm used to, it looks like a Fate who's trying to get in good with all the stronger players. And it seems to be working, judging from how the wagon on him is not going anywhere.
He has also has a variety of other just plain scummy posts that I've pointed out in my ISO.
In post 1743, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 1740, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 131, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:No I mean it's just cute that you think I'm scum. When I tell you I got nommed for a scummy award, it's because you wouldn't even think it was possible that I was scum, if I was scum this game. Especially when I haven't played with you as town, when you can't tell the difference, you're pretty much fucked.

I think I deserve a flash wagon
while it's possible pine would guide cakez to buddy the shit out of you this post does look pretty solidly town
Okay, explain to me how the post is town because it's so hard for me to try and get an outside perspective on how that post reads town. I still can't get the reason as to what people are seeing.
Gin I spent pages arguing over this with mastina earlier and you commented on it, pls.
In post 1751, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 169, SirCakez wrote:Lynching town Nacho is pretty good for scum.Or alternatively, bussing scum Nacho would reap a shitload of towncred.
I can see him pushing Mastina because he disagrees with her approach to Pine, but I think that his logic sort of falls flat right about here; I don't think that it's reasonable for Mastina to believe that she can get me lynched by saying "Pine will pick him" regardless of our respective alignments because it's just not a strong case on its own. Maybe as a supplement it can get a small extra boost, but alone? Fuck no. It seemed pretty clear to me that mastina's motive as scum there wouldn't be to get me lynched.
I totally disagree with this ftr
I definitely think mastina!scum would go for the jugular on you here. When she's active (as she is here) she has a huge presence in game and can easily command wagons. And especially early on when you weren't posting I don't think mastina!scum trying to get you lynched is unreasonable at all. My 2cents.

Also Monokuma's rage posting earlier (around page 65) looked extremely genuine. I would lock them as very solid town now.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1792, Prism wrote:Biggest issue I'm having right now in the townbloc is Nacho is being power town but has reacted
very
outside town expectations with regards to me (which is where my strongest reads come from)
Interesting.
I'd have thought you'd understand my approach better once I started posting.

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

@prism - I wouldn't say you were lackluster at all, yes, you didn't give it your all, but even when you weren't giving it your all you were doing better than most players do on their best days out of a dozen games. It's not a matter of having seen your scum game, it's a matter of seeing your potential (or a glimpse of it.) Now, sometimes people's town games waayyyy exceed their scum game, they get into a scum role early in their career and it throws them, and only time will tell for you for certain, I don't know what you are here, but I do know that if I'm wrong on mastina, you're my next top suspect after fate because of what I've seen here and me positing that to the general public is crucial regardless of anything else. As it is, you're townlean because of the associative with mastina only, otherwise so far you'd be null.
balance among all things
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Fuuuuck.

Fine then, I'll see what I can do.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:04 pm

In post 1789, mastina wrote:

Pine isn't one to be like an orchestra conductor tho. He's more of the type that will tell what is a good or bad idea, otherwise he lets you act organically.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:04 pm

In post 1797, Aristophanes wrote:Fuuuuck.

Fine then, I'll see what I can do.
scummy claim

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”