Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:15 am

Post by Jaylen »

/confirmed
"Marijuana inflames the erotic impulses and leads to revolting sex crimes" Daily Mirror (1924)
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:31 am

Post by Jaylen »

Sorry, I've been busy, so this is my first post today...

Firstly I like the amount of information we have gained from the overnight kills, and I too am happy Smaug has gone :) I'm not sure what to think about Gandalf being a bad guy, I'm with Tigris on this, I think there is a good chance we have a new player in a new (to him) role as Vig.

I'm suspicious of JediKnight, for the reasons CoolBot stated; I also dislike the way he seems to be taking ideas from the air and stating them as near fact.

So, until I've had time to re-read the thread again, I too am happy to
Vote: Jediknight
"Marijuana inflames the erotic impulses and leads to revolting sex crimes" Daily Mirror (1924)
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:52 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Internet Stranger wrote:All youre doing is asking for cops to waste their investigations on me. Its a worthy desperation attempt to try and turn this around back on me, it is a rather commendable effort.
How on earth would a cop 'waste time' investigating you?

Confirmed innocents are often worth just as much as a confirmed mafia... It's strange that you even suggested that an investigation of you would be a waste of time, frankly.

Anyway, I've been away, so I'm going to re-read before voting.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:06 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Okay, after a quick re-read I'm happy to put pressure on korais666; indeed we might as well start with who did not want to lynch the scum yesterday.

Vote: korais666
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:47 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Corsato wrote:Korais is indeed a bit jumpy. Instead of defending himself he seems concetrating on attacking other. I'll keep my vote, since it's our best lead at the moment.
The problem here, as I see it is that if Korais
is
a townie, what other choice does he have? If suspicion is placed on a townie, what other choices does he/she have short of saying 1. I am innocent! (defending himself) and 2. provide an alternative potential bandwagon.

Saying all of that, I'm still happy to keep my vote on him for now, although IS is making increasing on my suspicion list :P

I'd ideally like to hear more from the both of them.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:58 pm

Post by Jaylen »

meaning of life 42 wrote:ohh, ok. that's good to know
unvote SS
vote YAW
because he doesn't like Jeff Foxworthy
Oh shit :P

What is the procedure here, people? Or do we wait and hope the moderator does something?
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:31 pm

Post by Jaylen »

IS wrote:Honestly, I just want to see votes, lots of votes. As stalled as we are now (and I dont underdtand why) people posting and not voting isnt helping matters either. Lets get a move on.

OMGUS
Vote :meaning of life 42

There we are, IS... I hope that helps :D
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:01 am

Post by Jaylen »

Internet Stranger wrote:I still say we weed off the lurkers.
I'm starting to think this way as well, despite my vote on MOL42. I agree that the reason that there were no deaths last night must mean that the Mafia are idle/not reading the thread.

I simply cannot believe any other explanation for it... The chances of so many Doctors (if that many exist) protecting all the correct targets are astronomically small.

The thing is, which (ex) lurker to go for? It is not as if there have not been only a few of them, we are spoiled for choice.

I'll
unvote: Meaning of Life 42
despite him seeming scummy to me, while I take a re-read.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:55 am

Post by Jaylen »

Vote: lulu muumuu
- Let the (ex) lurker explain what has been going on.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:09 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Uraj45 wrote:. . .That's absurd. What do you want her to say: "Well, let me try to explain what the person I'm replacing was doing".
The best we can get from any of the replacements is analysis of other people's behaviours and judge based on that.
It will not be absurd if we push her to a role-claim - then we as a collective can take a long hard look at the claim, and take it from there.

I'll admit I could have phrased it better, however.

Either way, have you any better ideas as to what to do? I think Yaw and Coolbot are worth keeping an eye on, and maybe an investigation, but I agree with IS (and others) when stating that going after the lurkers seem the best tactic to use.

After all, have you (or anyone else) got a better explanation as to the lack of kills last night, apart from the fact that the mafia are lurking/not reading the thread?

If so, please say so - but as I see it, putting pressure on lurkers is the best way to go from here.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #452 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:34 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Argoti wrote:It says I capture anyone who enters Mirkwood at night and hold them in the prison until daybreak. Essentially, I'm a roleblocker.
Argoti, can you explain (as best you can without quoting your PM) what you mean by 'enters Mirkwood' please?
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:23 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Hrm - one thought I've had - I think any investigators in the game should strongly consider investigating anyone pushing for the lynch of the (ex) lurkers - I appreciate that I am one of them that has been pushing...

As I see it, maybe the mafia
have
been reading the thread, and simply PM'ed Mikeheart saying 'no kills tonight' and then the next day push like mad for the lynching of a bunch of no show
townies
:(

Needless to say, I hope this is not the case, and I
still
think that going for lurkers is the best way to go, but any cops in the game, please consider what I've said.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #474 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:44 pm

Post by Jaylen »

well, damn IS - that last post could well be construed as you not wanting any cop to investigate you :wink:
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:31 pm

Post by Jaylen »

the silent speaker wrote:Here's what I think:1. I think Argoti's claimed role fits well with Galion the butler. And we all know how the Galion roleclaim turned out.
Yeah, the same thoughts have crossed my mind, with you all the way here - it seems scummy as hell.
the silent speaker wrote:2. I think drummer needs to explain what he thought he was doing, first with his vote and then with his unvote.
Yes, I'm interested in this as well.
the silent speaker wrote:3. I think Jaylen is waaay overreading, with his triple-bluff idea. Going with no-kill and trusting that the town can be prodded into lynching inactive townies has no gain that killing and prodding the town to go after inactive townies doesn't give and do better at. Surely the lurkers aren't largely in the
same
scum group. And all of the scum at once? I'm leery of assuming that the reason for the dearth of kills is mass inactivity (although I also wouldn't bet anything I cared to lose that it isn't) -- no way am I buying that the reason for no kills is mass
fake
inactivity.
It's a thought I had - as I said, I'm still thinking that going for the ex lurkers is for the best, yet I'm still wondering why there were so many kills on the first night, and none on the second... after all, the mafia must have been busy with the first nights choices, or there would have been no kills then either. So loads of kills on the first night, then none at all on the second. That, to me, is odd, and worth thinking about.
the silent speaker wrote:4. I think even our actives are being too inactive. Myself included. POST!
Yep - hopefully the pace will pick up after the weekend is over.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #512 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:23 am

Post by Jaylen »

I'm happy with my vote on Lulu - let the chips fall where they will, and we can move on to another night :D
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:11 am

Post by Jaylen »

Yay :) We are doing really well - best of all is the deaths of the two Serial Killers :)

As for the vote on IS, can you explain why, Peacebringer?
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #526 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:15 pm

Post by Jaylen »

I've read over the last day or so, and I really cannot see anyone better than Argoti to vote for - that roleclaim sucked orifice - as mentioned before, it seems to be Galion the butler all over again, and we all know what happened there. :P

Vote: Argoti
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #535 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:29 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Yep, I'm in agreement with Yaw - it also seems fairer on the target; he/she can move along to other games right away.

*hoping it's not me*
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #551 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:55 pm

Post by Jaylen »

If Argoti is scum, I'm not sure if I'm going to feel sorry for him, or just snicker :)

Anyway, I'm more than happy to leave my vote on him.

Has anyone any ideas why PeaceBringer got whacked? I've read back, and nothing he said has jumped out at me...
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #554 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:06 am

Post by Jaylen »

mmhmm, and are you going to tell us more, perchance?

(not that I see myself changing my vote anyway, I'm just curious)
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:53 am

Post by Jaylen »

the silent speaker wrote:This seems easy enough.
Vote: Argoti
and FOS Jaylen because why should FD be made to spill more beans than he has to?
Why? Imho, since there was no need for FD to have said anything about an investigation role in the first place - Argoti is the only viable lynch candidate, and I'm worried that FD is using Argoti as a patsy in order to look innocent himself.

I know I'd sure as hell not have said anything if I had such a role - the bandwagon on Argoti is so strong I would have just kept silent and voted due to the roleclaim Argoti gave, and
not
exposed myself as a mafia target the following night having said in essence "Dear Mafia, I have a power that makes me worth killing"
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #564 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:11 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Well, gosh - what else
could
he have meant then, TSS?

/sarcasm
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #568 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:11 am

Post by Jaylen »

well, all the dwarves could come forth...
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #571 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:37 am

Post by Jaylen »

Yay! And another scum bites the dust :)

Is this some kind of record, btw?
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:00 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Yaw wrote: Yeah, I've been reaching that conclusion myself. It's the reason I haven't been pushing for mass roleclaims or anything like that. I'm afraid it will break the game, and I'd prefer to win through my scum-catching skills than because there aren't any safe scum claims. That's my sense of fair play, I guess.
I totally disagree with this - if (and it is indeed looking as if this is the case) this game has been designed badly then let's get it over with and move on to other games.

From what I've seen, we have a huge bunch of Dwarves in this game, initially 13 or so, and out of that, hardly any have died at all.

If the remaining dwarves come forth, then it could make the town's job a whole lot easier, and hasten the end of this game, as opposed to dragging it out for the next few
months
[i/]
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #578 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:57 am

Post by Jaylen »

WIFOM ?
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #583 (isolation #26) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:23 am

Post by Jaylen »

Yggdrasil - wow, this ScumWiki is great reading, thanks! :)

On a game related note, there is a good chance I'll be away for the next 3 days; I'll try to get access to read the game here, but I doubt I'll be able to.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:39 pm

Post by Jaylen »

I'm back, and happy to wait for Talitha to catch up on the thread.

Welcome, Talitha :)
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #647 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:20 am

Post by Jaylen »

Hrm - I've been away sorry, but I must say I'm not terribly convinced at the case against Quagmire.

Could someone do a quick recap, if they would be so kind? As I see it (unless I'm missing something, it is all based on Yaw's (admittedly good so far)) gut feeling.

So I'll wait a bit before voting, hopefully Quagmire will come up with something to say in order to miss a lynching.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #649 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:53 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Vote: Quagmire

Okay Yaw - I'm not convinced, but having read back, I can see what you are getting at, and since we have done so well so far, if he is a townie... well I hate to be nasty, but we can afford the loss.

I really think it's time Quagmire roleclaimed - He is now one vote away from a lynch.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #665 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:04 am

Post by Jaylen »

Yep, not much to say apart from that I too am eagerly awaiting a name from our vibrator using friend, Quagmire :)
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #666 (isolation #31) » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:21 am

Post by Jaylen »

How long do we intend to await Quagmire?
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #668 (isolation #32) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:15 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Okay, here is as I see things.

Since Quagmire has last posted on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:18 pm he has since posted on other threads...

Here on Tuesday
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#110232

Here on Tuesday
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#110234

Here on Wednesday
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#110480

Here on Wednesday
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#110489

(and another two times on Wednesday)

Here on Thursday
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#110714

Here on Thurday
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#110715

And then here on Saturday (yesterday)
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#110939

All those posts elsewhere, and not a single line on this thread.
Face it people, the guy is jerking us around.

Will someone please place votes on him?

Here on
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #670 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:24 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Yeah, I had noticed that you were happily interacting with him on other threads, Coolbot.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #686 (isolation #34) » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:47 am

Post by Jaylen »

*drums fingers unhappily*

Anyone got any idea what is happening?
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #704 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:55 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Count me in, and make it a 4 of 6.

Vote: Shelper
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #706 (isolation #36) » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:02 am

Post by Jaylen »

There is no deadline that I am aware of... there is (on my part at least) a high amount of impatience :)

If 4 out of 6 votes encourages Shelper to make a defense in a rapid manner, then good, right?
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #713 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:51 pm

Post by Jaylen »

MMCL wrote:Oh - now that is interesting.

Im not voting shelper.
Hrm, that reply is almost as interesting as the role-claim we've all just seen.

You seem adamant, MMCL - is there anything else you can tell us short of a blanket refusal to vote?
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #719 (isolation #38) » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:31 am

Post by Jaylen »

Your call, I guess.

I certainly see no reason for myself to remove my vote on him.

It's a good claim, but I'm not inclined to believe it, sorry Shelper :)
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #723 (isolation #39) » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:31 am

Post by Jaylen »

hrm, in the meanwhile until we hear more,

unvote Shelper

Thanks MMCL
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #729 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:17 am

Post by Jaylen »

You can vote me tomorrow fine, but I can tell you now I can provide a nice roleclaim that no-one is going to dispute, name, beard and all :) I suggest overnight you take a look at my voting record, too.

vote:shelper
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #733 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:39 am

Post by Jaylen »

Well I'm certainly not going to make a full roleclaim today, Willow :)

If I survive overnight, I'll speak more if the votes are there - although I am really really uncertain as to why you think I'm suspect.

Take a re-read over the last two pages, and please tell me why you think what I did was so suspect... I'm kinda curious, frankly.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #736 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:11 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Yay to no deaths! :D

I'll post more later, but for now I'm watching the election with baited breath.

*crosses fingers for his fave candidate*
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #739 (isolation #43) » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:41 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Ack - what a pity, after all this time, too.

I might as well get who I am in as well.

I am Dwalin the Dwarf. I started off without any powers, except that last night I was recruited into the masons, who are Tigris and the silent speaker.

It's a rare rare day I feel sorry for Scum in a game.

Vote Yggdrasil
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #741 (isolation #44) » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:04 pm

Post by Jaylen »

willows_weep wrote: oh ok Jaylen sorry for getting antsy but its good I wasnt too antsy
Thank you Willow, although I was not too worried since I knew no-one else would be claiming Dwalin :)

Out of interest, why don't you claim, too?
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #750 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:25 am

Post by Jaylen »

Will this be the first ever flawless victory, with only badguys ever lynched? :D

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”