Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:34 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Vote: Korais666

I feel quite convinced, it's probably the best we've got right now.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:19 am

Post by mikehart »

Vote Count

korais666
(5) -
Internet Stranger, Yaw, MMCL, Corsato, Flying Dutchman
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:57 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

[not part of the game] SPELL MY NAME RIGHT!![/not part of the game]
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:09 am

Post by korais666 »

vote: IS
. There's no logic at all behind his claims. If you have a *reason* for thinking I'm evil, please tell me so I can immediately refute it. At this point I have nothing to go on.

Also, this isn't the first time I've been in this situation. I've been bandwagoned twice in seperate games because one experienced player said I was evil and everyone went along with it. Both times (now three) I was innocent and that one experienced player was scum. If you lynch me, fine, but would a cop *please* investigate IS tonight?
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:04 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

All youre doing is asking for cops to waste their investigations on me. Its a worthy desperation attempt to try and turn this around back on me, it is a rather commendable effort.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:52 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Internet Stranger wrote:All youre doing is asking for cops to waste their investigations on me. Its a worthy desperation attempt to try and turn this around back on me, it is a rather commendable effort.
How on earth would a cop 'waste time' investigating you?

Confirmed innocents are often worth just as much as a confirmed mafia... It's strange that you even suggested that an investigation of you would be a waste of time, frankly.

Anyway, I've been away, so I'm going to re-read before voting.
"Marijuana inflames the erotic impulses and leads to revolting sex crimes" Daily Mirror (1924)
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:06 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Okay, after a quick re-read I'm happy to put pressure on korais666; indeed we might as well start with who did not want to lynch the scum yesterday.

Vote: korais666
"Marijuana inflames the erotic impulses and leads to revolting sex crimes" Daily Mirror (1924)
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:44 am

Post by the silent speaker »

I really don't like the feel of this bandwagon. I'll bet that at least two of Yaw, MMCL, Corsato and Flying Dutchman are scum (IS isn't striking me as horribly scummy). On the other hand, I checked Mr. Flay's posts, and out of six, no less than four were about how scummy Korais is. Also, we seem to have an awful lot of scum groups, so even if I'm right about htis bandwagon being riddled with scum, that doesn't make Korais innocent. Not by a long shot.

What evil groups do we have here? There's the trolls, goblins, apparently spiders, Smaug... Night 1 there was: a Smaug kill; a lightning bolt (?); a neck snapping (possibly troll kill); a scimitaring (possibly goblin kill). Night 2 there was: a throat slashing (sounds similar to the scimitar kill from night 1, hence goblins); a hanging by sticky silk (clearly spiders, but where were they night 1?); a kill with no marks (your guess is as good as mine). No sign of our neck snapper.
All of this has to be squeezed into 29 people and still leave room for: 13 dwarves; Elrond; almost certainly Bilbo; Gandalf, if he isn't one of our mystery killers; who else? Docs and cops, but how many and who?
Curiously, the trolls are marked parenthetically as "mafia", but the goblin is marked parenthetically as "goon". Does that signify?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:55 pm

Post by korais666 »

Jaylen: I was just as certain of jediknight's guilt as the rest of you. As I said before, I wanted to hear everyone else's input before I cast my vote. I've already explained this, once today, at least once or twice yesterday.

IS, that post looked like you were A) panicing, or B) writing it on your way out the door. I'm doing something *worthy* that's also a *desperation move* and I'm "trying to turn this around back on you" but it's "a commendable effort"? Seems as though you're having trouble making up your mind.

Also: Just like Jaylen said, no investigation is a wasted one.
-Me, 2/25/08
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:01 pm

Im just making sure I can never be accused of lurking. Either way, keep chipping away at me Goblin, maybe someone will be stupid enough to fall for it.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:27 pm

Post by Yaw »

Is there a reason you think Korais is a goblin specifically, IS? Just curious, since it's at odds with my thoughts.
Success breeds suspicion
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:33 pm

Not really, its just the first scum group that pops up in my mind. I just think he is scum, from which group exactly is really irrelevant to me.
Show

drummer97531
drummer97531
Goon
drummer97531
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:45 am

Post by drummer97531 »

Actually, strangulation COULD leave marks. Bruises on the neck probably.

I agree that the amount of killing power is surprising for the scum. I guess the town probably has quite a bit of power too. I just wonder if the killing method varies from night to night or something. Otherwise I'd expect a lot more bodies.

The stuff against Korais looks like a good lead to me.
Vote:Korais
. Mr. Flay's behavior does seem to point that out.
"Okay, that wasn't [i]completely[/i] true."
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:02 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Has The_Kommandant posted in this game? At all? I can't find him on the Display Posts From feature. Mikehart, please replace him.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:05 am

Post by CoolBot »

Korias is acting mighty jumpy from the accusation against him, but I'm not so sure that's implicates him since he usually is a bit jumpy. I think we should be more concerned about his apparent connection with Flay, and his relunctance to lynch jedi.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:35 am

Post by Yaw »

the silent speaker wrote:Has The_Kommandant posted in this game? At all? I can't find him on the Display Posts From feature. Mikehart, please replace him.
Mike's already doing so -- check the Queue. I think the second replacement is for dragonmaster (who hasn't posted either in this game), but I'm not as sure about that one.
Success breeds suspicion
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:03 am

Post by Corsato »

Korais is indeed a bit jumpy. Instead of defending himself he seems concetrating on attacking other. I'll keep my vote, since it's our best lead at the moment.
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:19 pm

Post by korais666 »

CoolBot wrote:his relunctance to lynch jedi.
*sigh*
Instead of defending himself he seems concetrating on attacking other.
Maybe if people would *read* my defences, you wouldn't be so inclined to say that. Yes, my last post was mostly about IS being evil. Other than that, no.
-Me, 2/25/08
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:47 pm

Post by Jaylen »

Corsato wrote:Korais is indeed a bit jumpy. Instead of defending himself he seems concetrating on attacking other. I'll keep my vote, since it's our best lead at the moment.
The problem here, as I see it is that if Korais
is
a townie, what other choice does he have? If suspicion is placed on a townie, what other choices does he/she have short of saying 1. I am innocent! (defending himself) and 2. provide an alternative potential bandwagon.

Saying all of that, I'm still happy to keep my vote on him for now, although IS is making increasing on my suspicion list :P

I'd ideally like to hear more from the both of them.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:29 pm

Post by Yaw »

And
I'd
like to hear more from the people who have yet to post today, of which there are far too many. (Fortunately, there are now replacements for Kommandant and dragonmaster, at least in theory, so that little problem should be resolved shortly.)

The real problem is that the legitimate reason for the bandwagon on Korais is based on what Mr. Flay did in referring to him yesterday, rather than anything Korais himself did. It's rather difficult to defend against something you didn't do. Nevertheless, there's enough evidence there to point at Korais being scum, and his willingness to lynch jediknight isn't even remotely a part of it.
Success breeds suspicion
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:02 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Okay-- I am tagging in and am Replacing one Kommandant.

Anyone care to give me a quick summary of where things stand.

I looked over this thread and have some idea of roles that are gone.

Also if someone could quickly sum up why you are voting for who you are that would be ever so helpful.

Also quick procedure question-- are proxying of votes used here at mafia scum or not. GIven the slow place I take it no vote proxies but just want to double check.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:10 pm

Post by Yaw »

Welcome, PeaceBringer!

What do you mean by a vote proxy?

Otherwise, just look back through the game and the past few pages in depth. This day's only been going for about 2 pages or so. The rest is summarized on the front page. Of course, if you want to trawl day 1 for evidence, you'll have to read.

Kommandant has posted nothing this entire game, by the way, so you won't have to worry about what your predecessor did.
Success breeds suspicion
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:17 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

A proxy is giving someone else to the power to cast your vote. Used often in games I have played in past but some places do not allow proxies. Since the pace here is so slow I imagine proxies are disallowed.

A proxy would be I give so and so power to cast my vote--

at any rate from what I looked over without scrolling over page one.

I see no real reason for these votes. So I cast a vote toward
Internet stranger
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm

Post by Yaw »

No, no active proxies. There are some roles that may be able to vote twice or "buy" another player's vote that have been used in games on this site, but those kinds of actions would be specified in the role itself.

Also, you need to actually bold the voting part to have your vote count, not just the name. So it's
Vote: So-and-So
and
Unvote: So-and-So
. If you just bold the name, the mod might not pick up which you're doing.

(Note, this in no way is intended to change my vote for Korais.
Vote: korais666
, in case my examples had unintended voting consequences.)
Success breeds suspicion
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:07 pm

Post by Corsato »

I feel like a newbie. What is a vote proxy?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”