TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:30 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

He produced content on his own. I had no say in what he actually wrote, ergo town!Ari
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:32 am

Post by Prism »

I realize that requires more elaboration but I'm on my phone right now. I linked a post or two awhile back and quoted one today. The analysis he gave during the jam session was really lackluster overall, nice and agreeable. No more.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:33 am

Post by Prism »

If production in itself is town, I guess mastina is town every game.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:33 am

Post by Katsuki »

As amused as I am seeing Fate as mislynch bait, you guys should stop wasting your time there because he's not getting lynched ever this game.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:34 am

No no, this is Ari we are talking about. It's completely a different story and can't be used as a read on any player except Ari.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Prism »

I mean you're doing more to sell me on it than he ever did, problem is you're on Cakez who is like, 6th-8th on the lynch preference list as opposed to Ari who is tied for #1
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:39 am

Post by Prism »

...And you coached production out of him by having everyone say "You lurk as scum, you need to join the jam session, come on in"

If you can point to what
in the content
is actually town then sure, but my interpretation of the posts you liked is a complete 180. I'm not townreading Ari jumping because the town told him to jump. That's not how that works.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:44 am

You're not getting it. It doesn't matter if the town asked him to jump, it's the fact that he was able to actually jump. Scum!Ari LITERALLY won't jump even if it means being lynched.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:45 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

that's not necessarily true at all

eesh

this is why gin needs to go, he just decides how everything is and pushes it without being open

that's scumgendas
balance among all things
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:45 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Imma read up soon. But like, not "today" soon.

How has everyone been? :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:45 am

Post by Prism »

Like what reaction were you expecting out of scum Ari here?

"Oh man the town caught me, I only lurk as mafia. I have to keep lurking, it's the only thing I can do."

The town
told him the answer.

P-Edit: Okay basically you're saying that yes, Ari has the same level of adaptability as a pet rock. Sorry but I'm more skeptical.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:47 am

Post by Prism »

It's like you handed Ari a test, told him "Hey the answer is C!" then somehow expect him not to circle C if he was mafia.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:49 am

For reference, what about these posts screamed to you scum? What part of these posts were unoriginal thoughts by Ari?

This is Ari talking about Vax and had no discussion about Vax talked about at all before hand.

The first post I did give him my thought process but then the next 3 posts, they were literally me asking him for his thoughts. HE PRODUCED every single word that he wrote none of my help.

Also the town never asked him to do it, I talked to him one on one. The dude is lynchbait when he talks about his self-meta and gets off track when people yell at him. I knew to tell people to back off and let him focus and he did and blossomed like a flower.
In post 1905, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
Spoiler: Quality Rating:7/10 Time taken: 6 minutes
In post 1867, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1861, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Starting off with his first post, I picked out the parts that stood out to me. I have to agree with Vax here that in the beginning, I saw it as a distancing move with dreal and Pine, what are your thoughts on this quote?
In post 145, Vaxkiller wrote:BUT dreal is a good player as well, and this seems like distancing. I see dreal put alot of emotion when trying to convince people in his arguments.
Also moving onto the same quote but a little further. What do you think of the validity of Vax's statements?
In post 145, Vaxkiller wrote:More scum posting. Instead of saying why, you just say just say shes "scumming it up" also you trying VERY VERY hard to convince us pine did not pick you, a little to hard.
I don't know their history, but Dreal is a decent player generally. I do think he'd distance from Pine. I don't read it as such though. He is making it too obvious to be real distancing I think.

I di agree that Dreal way exaggerated Nacho's "scumming it up" as I don't believe he had even had 2 posts at this time. It's a good observation. Nacho would also be one that Pine would want discredited early, as he is a fantastic player. So I definitely could buy it here.

Spoiler: Quality Rating:8/10 Time Taken: 6 minutes
In post 1874, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1870, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Okay, so tell me your thoughts about this post here, I have my thoughts but I'm interested in your opinion.
In post 410, Vaxkiller wrote:Because taht is al he posted so far.

I'm new here, but I've heard the name nacho before, so its not like hes some newbie-scum that is afraid to post.

So what about that post do you think people were voting him for?
I'm conflicted on it. I like that he's pointing it out. It's likely he has heard nacho's name thrown around. I know I did well before I ever played with him. He is talked about. I also like him calling out the unfair push on Nacho. It is part of why I scumread Mastina at the beginning. Because I just didn't see where any of it was coming from and it looked like a really opportunistic push.

What I don't like about it is that it doesn't actually take a stance. It's merely a fact post. Like "you are wrong because..." not "your pushing this is scummy because..."
It's a small distinction, but it does make a big difference sometimes.

Like I say, it gives me pause, but I do like that he called it out.
If he's scum, it'd be ballsy (though one must be in a game with this caliber of player in it).

Spoiler: Quality Rating: 8/10 Time Taken: 9 minutes
In post 1889, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1878, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Same concept Ari, I know this post is bigger than the others but can we go for a 3 piece?
In post 433, Vaxkiller wrote:On my first read through of the first few pages I missed. I was left of the opinion that mastina was game solving. But re-reading through I missed parts of thier posts taht I do not like.

First off post is just bad

post starts off great, but then falls into the same "Why didn't pine pick me?"

post more crying about not being picked.

Then alot of posting I like. With the exceptions of posts

which I cant even follow.

@mastina give a tldr on some of these, good lord.

TLDR: Good townies have no reason to be posting shit like "why didnt you choose me" it jsut creates WIFOM for no reason. and further communication with pine (like dreal is doing) just muddy's those waters further! It's not helping town and he knows better than to play like that.

I know I said I was going to revisit my death tunnel on dreal, but I cant find anything that makes me want to move my vote.

Mastina looks better as the day goes on, but I still question those earlier comments, and I don't have the same super town feeling. more of a town-lite (and liek all lite beers, does not leave me satisfied)
On the posts he linked: The first one is bad, I totally agree. It was a bad idea to start a 1v1. Easy as that. Easy opinion.

The two where she was "crying about not being picked" were pretty standard "let me fill you in" posts, and the 2 "incomprehensible" ones were standard for Mastina. I know he probably has no experience on which to base this, but it's true, and I think it should have been deducible by that point.

I dislike the shit flinging and backing down at the end of the post. It all read a little weak and wishy washy, but to wnd it with "town-lite" seems like a cop out. Like an "I'm supposed to scumread you but I have to ease into it" kinda read.

Also, I hate that he called his Dreal "push" a death tunnel in multiple posts. It wasn't a death tunnel. It was barely a tunnel. It was a push and a read (barely). Overstating it was unneeded and reinforcing that overstatement just is weird. Too peculiar for my liking.

Spoiler: Quality 9/10 Time Taken: 14 minutes
In post 1903, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1894, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Now Ari, the grand finally I need from you, thoughts here please <3
In post 710, Vaxkiller wrote:Does anyone actually believe that Fate is town? All he has been doing is spreading miss-information, providing horrible reasons for his voting Hes not even reading the thread !

Asks questions, but refuses to answer small legitimate ones asked of him: . All this translates to scum, and hes having a blast doing it. I'm having fun with this game too, but I can guarantee the scum are having even more fun.
In post 605, Fate wrote:Wait is camn allowed to post freely too or is that just flavor <_<
Worried?
In post 634, Fate wrote:Pine's tellign the truth here

Whichis exactly what I said

Nacho first round scum pick

Fate second round town pick

???

profit
You modified this a bit, and your using fate to defend yourself?
In post 632, Pine wrote:Nacho was a first round pick, Fate. You were a second round pick.

Hate to burst your bubble.
I know I said this before but post reeks of someone thinking of a great joke, but has to wait for the right moment, when the blurt it out all the sudden and it sounds super rehearsed, like they have been waiting to say it for soooo long. As soon as you rolled scum you thought of this right?

VOTE: Fate
I still want dreal dead, once fate flips maybe more people will believe my dreal case.

@Fate

Found this when reading your iso:
In post 594, Fate wrote:I also never called Gin* scum, Vaxkiller

Interesting how that came out of nowhere
You wouldn't answer my question so I assumed it.
Alright, here we go!

The first two linked posts are Meta reasons which, though weak, do have reasons to them. I like that he is scrutinizing strong players, but I wonder if he knows howstrong they are.
I don't like that he didn't link any "misinformation" and also that he accused Fate of not reading the thread at the same time. Like, the two kind of contradict each other, and there is no evidence provided for the former. He could have had a much more solid case had he put that effort in.

The links (4 succeeding posts) where Fate didn't answer him just sound butthurt on his part, but don't really strengthen a scumread.

His quote section is shit tbh. He is being nitpicky as fuck, and none of it is actually scummy. If you just assume Fate has an ego, all of this makes sense and is pretty much NAI.
The "super rehearsed joke" was NAI. The fighting for a position in the draft was NAI. Asking if Camn could sway the game was obviously not a real question, and thus NAI.
It looks like he's stringing together a weak ass case on a good player for the sake of it, and I don't really like it!
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:50 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

can we PLEASE LYNCH GIN ALREADY?!?!?!?!

*CRIES*
balance among all things
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:54 am

I forget, have you even said why I'm scum?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:55 am

Post by Prism »

I'm not saying the posts aren't original.

I am saying that when the entire town screams "Ari scum lurks and doesn't produce content",
Ari scum is going to provide content
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:56 am

Post by Prism »

Nacho said it. Mastina said it. I'm pretty sure someone else said it. It was not unprompted entry.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:56 am

In post 2590, Prism wrote:I'm not saying the posts aren't original.

I am saying that when the entire town screams "Ari scum lurks and doesn't produce content",
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:57 am

No seriously, pretend like you know Ari and his scum meta.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:57 am

Post by Prism »

Ah yes, very funny assumption I have here that someone wants to improve their play and make a conscious effort at it, when Ari specifically thanked everyone for giving him a chance at improving himself and his play and for the help.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:58 am

Speak of the devil. Go talk to him Prism
In post 2584, Aristophanes wrote:Imma read up soon. But like, not "today" soon.

How has everyone been? :)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:00 am

Post by Prism »

Well Ari, Gin is telling me that apparently you're so stupid you don't even know how to dress yourself. You've got the adaptability of a pet rock and a solid desire to be mediocre at everything forever, with no desire to improve at a game that you invest hours and hours on every week and have fun playing. It's a miracle you ever learned how to use a computer. What do you think? Should I believe him?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:02 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I see I'm a contended read. Can't say I'm very surprised really.

Prism, If you look at almost any scumgame of mine you will see what Gin is talking about. I'm gonna try not to self meta, but it's hard sometimes. Lol

Ninja'd by Prism.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2596, Prism wrote:Well Ari, Gin is telling me that apparently you're so stupid you don't even know how to dress yourself. You've got the adaptability of a pet rock and a solid desire to be mediocre at everything forever, with no desire to improve at a game that you invest hours and hours on every week and have fun playing. It's a miracle you ever learned how to use a computer. What do you think? Should I believe him?
Hahaha I think you are exaggerating his intentions and his points here.

I do have limited adaptability in my play. Or at least, so it seems to be from my experience as a player. I've been obv scum from my first games, and that has developed into a lurkerscum showing.

I have attempted to change this, but when I do I become obv scum again.

Gin isn't calling me a moron, he's saying I have a set way and get easily overwhelmed, especially as scum. He's not wrong.
- Jingle
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2590, Prism wrote:I'm not saying the posts aren't original.

"unquestionable content"
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”