Mini 532: Yaw's Split Open Mafia: (Game over)

bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:43 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Off the Mark (4): Panzerjager, Phate, Thantos, SensFan
QuickBen (4): kabenon007, Zhao, Off the Mark, Holy
kabenon007 (1): DrunkenPiper
Panzerjager (1): Korlash
Phate (1): mikeburnfire

Not Voting (1): QuickBen
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:09 am

Post by Holy »

Panzerjager wrote:I've officially stopped reading Korlash's post due to them being stupid and a waste of my time.

The only one deserving of lynch is OTM. All you have against me and Phate is that we have lives.
Luls...

QuickBen wrote:First of all, I didn't realize that my use of the word "skim" would be taken so badly. I'm not a newbie, I've just been away from the game for a while. To me, skimming wasn't a bad thing because it wasn't the only reading I had done. I've been reading along as we go, so I went back and skimmed to refresh my memory as to what I had already read. I find that it's really quite useful when your mind is stuck, the way that looking too closely at a pointilism picture can make you miss the big picture.

My vote on OTM (which doesn't seem to have counted?) was due to being on the fence about his individual posts, where I couldn't decide if it was his playstyle that was pinging the scumdar or if he was actually committing scumtells. By skimming the thread, instead of getting more comfortable with his playstyle, it made me more suspicious. (Hence my vote.)

Any other questions?
Hmm, which OTM's individual posts? Sorry, I'm a bit lost and lazy.
TBH I didn't feel you're that scummy atm anyway.
Unvote.

As for Phate, I'm still a bit unsure.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:32 am

Post by Korlash »

*waves hands*

You want to vote for Phate!

You are not unsure!

He is scum!

Would I lie to you? =D
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:48 am

Post by QuickBen »

OK, I'm assuming the lord our mod didn't see my vote which caused the uproar in the first place. I still think OTM is deserving of it, so

vote OTM
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:32 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Panzer wrote:All I really need to add to this is I'm shocked your letting korlash wash all the OTM talk under the table
I'm not letting it wash under the table. I'm just more concentrated on Ben. Speaking of which...

As much as I hate to admit it, his excuse actually makes sense. I willing to believe it was just a poor word choice, as I have made the same mistake many times in my own games, and I hate it when I get lynched just for a semantic screw-up.
unvote

Hey guess what! I went back a little, and guess what I found? Someone who should have been posting through this QuickBen stakeout wasn't... OTM, where you at? There's been a lot going on, and you weren't here for it... what gives?
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:17 am

Post by PJ. »

I'm not one for semantics. Anyway, "your" which was supposed to be "you're" really should have been "people" or some other word describing most of the game.

And I love asshattery, not so much of an asshatery guy myself.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:24 am

Post by QuickBen »

@Holy- i meant that I was looking at his posts separately, not taken as a group, which is what i did on the re-read/skim however you want to put it.
Zhao
Zhao
Goon
Zhao
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by Zhao »

Phate wrote: I still find OTM scummier than QuickBen, although Zhao's post makes my bus alert tingle.
You still haven’t explained this statement.

BTW, you haven’t talked about your plan for some time, and there was no consensus by everyone not to do it. Have you given up trying to sell it? Don’t tell me it was just some elaborate smokescreen.
Phate wrote: Is it just me, or does anyone else find Korlash more and more scummy as time goes on? He hasn't connected himself with anyone really, but he's throwing out suspicions of everyone left and right, he's purposefully oblivious to the fact that newbies play differently than more experienced players (and thus what's scummy for a newbie is different than what's scummy for an experienced player), and his logic sucks, as is evidenced in the last post.
I actually agree with you here. I’ve felt that Korlash has been taking a lot of pot shots at people and not going further. His shifting good cop/bad cop routine against me is annoying and strange. Recently thought he has focused more on just PanzerJager and then you.

He’s said we should slow down on the OTM lynch but didn’t provide any reasoning why OTM could be innocent, nor source anyone else for this. I’m speculating he might be throwing around pro-town statements to make himself more resistant to lynch.

Korlash wrote: @ Holy: I believe he was just being a sarcastic ass. Or that is how I took it. I would be very interested in seeing him actually try to pass any of those off.
I was mocking you Holy, but now that I think of it, you might have made those faulty statements just to get me to react and say statements that could be used against me later.
Holy wrote:
Zhao wrote:
Holy wrote: Not because your disagreement with the plan, that plan indeed had flaws although if there's not too much WIFOM in it it may works good for the town if you really follow the thought process. So, it's more from the discussion process, your reactions along the plan whether it was pro/cons.
And because lately you're phishing a lot too.
Show me.
Well... ^this is one. Phishing.
I ask you to point out where I’m phishing and you point out the post I asked you. This is confusing.
Holy wrote: You are already suspicious. Why are you so concerned being suspicious anyway? If you did nothing wrong or at least didn't do anything too badly, no one or at least the majority won't even look at your case. You care about this too much. Scummy...
So you’re saying that if someone is calling me scummy but I’m innocent, the correct play would be to ignore them? Trying to prove innocence is not recommended?

mike wrote: Hello. I am MBF. I brisky skimmed the thread and now I want to vote for everybody, starting with Quickben, Korlash, and Phate, not necessarily in that order.

vote: Phate
Reasoning?

QuickBen wrote: My vote on OTM (which doesn't seem to have counted?) was due to being on the fence about his individual posts, where I couldn't decide if it was his playstyle that was pinging the scumdar or if he was actually committing scumtells. By skimming the thread, instead of getting more comfortable with his playstyle, it made me more suspicious. (Hence my vote.)
Could you be more specific? I would like to know details.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:01 pm

Post by Korlash »

Zhao wrote:BTW, you haven’t talked about your plan for some time, and there was no consensus by everyone not to do it. Have you given up trying to sell it? Don’t tell me it was just some elaborate smokescreen.
Actually it woudl be better to stop talking about it... If all think it a good plan then drop it until the day is almost over.

Zhao wrote:I actually agree with you here. I’ve felt that Korlash has been taking a lot of pot shots at people and not going further. His shifting good cop/bad cop routine against me is annoying and strange. Recently thought he has focused more on just PanzerJager and then you.

He’s said we should slow down on the OTM lynch but didn’t provide any reasoning why OTM could be innocent, nor source anyone else for this. I’m speculating he might be throwing around pro-town statements to make himself more resistant to lynch.
Again, no reason for me to give evidence on him being innocent when no one has any evidence of him being guilty. (at least worth a lynch) And when did I throw around Pro-town statements?

Zhao wrote:I was mocking you Holy, but now that I think of it, you might have made those faulty statements just to get me to react and say statements that could be used against me later.
So... you be an ass to someone, then try to claim it is what that person wanted you to do? Your messed up in the head...
Zhao wrote:Could you be more specific? I would like to know details.
Yet you say nothing to Panzer and very little to Phate. To afraid to talk to your partners? Seriously... if you want details say something to Panzer. He hasn't done anything lately.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by QuickBen »

@Zhao- no I can't get more specific. I fully admit I'm voting mainly on instinct. No one post jumps out at me as being a "aha! I caught scum" statement, which is why I was on the fence so long. After doing a fast reread, I felt comfortable voting for him. Try it. Instead of poring over the posts looking for any minute detail that would give him away, start reading from page one and just quickly look at the posts and see if anything seems odd. It did to me. I trust my gut enough to lay down a vote.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Phate »

You still haven’t explained this statement.
It's a comment that I don't think a player is as scummy as another despite that your post brushes lightly across my bus radar.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:40 am

Post by bird1111 »

I will be away from the 23rd to the 28th, Jordan will take over as mod during this time.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:21 pm

Post by Holy »

QuickBen wrote:@Holy- i meant that I was looking at his posts separately, not taken as a group, which is what i did on the re-read/skim however you want to put it.
O yeah, sorry. Got it.

Korlash wrote:*waves hands*

You want to vote for Phate!

You are not unsure!

He is scum!

Would I lie to you? =D
There's something that bugged me about Phate. At first, his plan seems could come out either from a townie or scum, so I'm still neutral about him.
And then he threw his opinion about forum-player and chat-player play style difference, which I understood because I came from a chat-player background.
But from sounding it, he sounds so unnecessary logical, which is fit the forum-player scum theory, has he mold already is unknown for me.
And TBH, OTM's trust list seems like an illogical move for a scum.
So, I'm still confused about Phate actually...

Zhao wrote:
Korlash wrote: @ Holy: I believe he was just being a sarcastic ass. Or that is how I took it. I would be very interested in seeing him actually try to pass any of those off.
I was mocking you Holy, but now that I think of it, you might have made those faulty statements just to get me to react and say statements that could be used against me later.
Nope, I was just try making others look to your case too.

Zhao wrote:
Holy wrote: You are already suspicious. Why are you so concerned being suspicious anyway? If you did nothing wrong or at least didn't do anything too badly, no one or at least the majority won't even look at your case. You care about this too much. Scummy...
So you’re saying that if someone is calling me scummy but I’m innocent, the correct play would be to ignore them? Trying to prove innocence is not recommended?
Well, at least suspicious for me (and if I wrong, then my bad...), that's why I said if your acts wasn't that bad, majority won't suspect you as scum anyway. And I didn't say that trying to prove innocence is not recommended, it's an effort made to survive, so why not.
But how the effort made to survive that is judged.
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:25 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

Gone till the 26th in an egg nog haze,
hope everyone has happy holidays!!
(hic)
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:11 am

Post by Holy »

Same here...
I'll be on holiday until the 26th. Happy holidays all!
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I will also be away until the 26th
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by PJ. »

I've been drunk since wedsenday and plan on staying that way until at least the 28th. Happy Holidays! and a Happy Birthday to me!
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Phate »

Apologies for absence. Read sig for details.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Korlash »

I guess I'll do the holiday thing too then. Game on pause until the fat man quits singing I guess.

Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:28 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

I am back from the holidays were I stayed quite pissed.
Going to reread and see if anything I have missed.

Nothing has changed, or deserves a lengthy post.
Seems many are still gone, but I am here I boast...
(hic)
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:56 am

Post by Holy »

Hello...ello...llo...lo...o... [echoes]
>.>
<.<

It seems only DP and I that present in here after the Christmas.
Well..well..well.., I'll be back tomorrow then. Let me sleep for now -.-
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:54 am

Post by QuickBen »

I'm here, just don't have anything to add, really.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:00 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Yep, I'm back, still waiting.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

The reason I wanted to "vote everybody" is because I couldn't determine anybody's intentions from the reread, but Quickben, Korlash, and Phate gave me the worst scumvibes.

unvote Phate
because I don't find him all that suspicious anymore.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Korlash »

I'm here. Puzzled as to why Mike didn't revote me or QB though... I'm interested as to "what kind of vibes" and from what that he got from the three of us. Was it Phate's plan? My claim? QB's... well... being here in general?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”