Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by Korlash »

Because then you can use the WIFOM argument combined with your sillysoup scum mafia group argument.

>.>
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Skruffs »

If someone starts acting like Battle Mage, are they more or less likely to be scum?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:45 pm

Post by Korlash »

Hey that was a secret anagram!

It reads:

"Flame, I think tomatoes are tart but so less likely to be real or gemeceming?"

No Skruffs, it is spelled "Delicious" not "gemeceming"... jeeze... you scum and your weird ways... *shakes head*

Anyways, for anyone unable to figure out the hidden meaning it says the target should be a player who has tomatoes... So if you have tomatoes.. the mafia are after you! RUN!

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:11 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote:No matter what evidence comes up, people are going to say I'm SK... no wait, mafia... no not taht mafioa,t his mafia.. no wait... godfather...

Why not just suggest I'm the Godfather of BOTH scum groups AND the principal???

Back to original argument: WHY WOULD I CLAIM LUNCH LADY IF MY SCUM GROUP WAS "SOUP SCUM"?!
because Lunch Lady is your role, and not INHERENTLY anti-town, unlike the Soup Scum Goons.

Your defence is WIFOM anyway fyi.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:40 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

I am short on time, but there are some points I need to raise:

First: Before I make a final decision on ckillor, a question: Ckillor, what is the flavor behind your roleblock?

Second: Skruffs, your request for exact reasons for investigating you is anti-town (makes it easier for scum to figure out my targets). Suffice it to say that there were multiple good reasons for investigating you, enough to place you above even ABR on my investigate list. Also note that until last night's kills (specifically The Fonz and Erg0) my theory on the setup was that players were divided into triads and one player out of each was scum (with two leftovers of unknown alignment).

That said, I'm currently leaning towards you being town - the combination of two investigations (of which I suspect one is genuine), Fonz's confirmed role, and my player list theory (TSS, who was in your triad, came up innocent with a scum-sounding town role) are enough to outweigh your weak (IMO) play.

Third: Another question that needs to be answered: Battle Mage, what is your role title? (For reference, the mason title is "Gossiping Mason", and Jdodge's role title was "Slingshot Kid".)

There is a fourth point I may need to make, but it can wait until after ckillor explains himself.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

Tarhalindur, which player in YOUR triad do you suspect of being scum?

"Also note that until last night's kills (specifically The Fonz and Erg0) my theory on the setup was that players were divided into triads and one player out of each was scum (with two leftovers of unknown alignment). "

Did you therefore suspect one of your own mason partners as being scum?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:41 am

Post by mneme »

Merii Kurisumasu!

I don't believe Ckillor's claim, at least, not as town. If any student is scum, I'd expect it to be the class president (as adminiscum, getting teachers fired and students expelled).

Skruffs: I don't believe you to be affiliated with BM (what an idea!), and do think he's very scummy. But he's been the subject of a reliable innocent investigation, so he's either a GF or "not Soup Scum" (or Fonz was blocked night 1, of course), and this is so not the point of the game where we want to be hunting for GFs.

Korlash: oh, no, not another one. That said, I can't judge anything about Korlash from his inability to read the thread or make a coherent argument, so barring other data, I'm much more interested in ignoring him for now.

Oh, right. Nobody else did, so:

The Anti-Soup Scum Lynch Mob
(in order of throwing food at Lowellscum)

Skruffs
mneme
volkan
cicero
Nightfall

These people (excluding Yours Truly, of course, since I know better) might be scum, but IMO, they're pretty unlikely to be Soup).
Did I say too much?
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:25 am

Post by ckillor »

Tarhalindur wrote:I am short on time, but there are some points I need to raise:

First: Before I make a final decision on ckillor, a question: Ckillor, what is the flavor behind your roleblock?
I don't have much flavor, but it just says that with my diplomatic abilities as the Head of the Counsel and Model U.N. i can persuade people not to use their power each night as i feel it is my duty to the school to stop the war of food.
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:35 am

Post by TheHermit »

Stop the war with food? That sounds like scum agenda to me.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:35 am

Post by TheHermit »

ETA: Allors!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:50 am

Post by Skruffs »

Mnene

When did fonz say he investigated BM? I am really curious why so many people are making such incredibly bad mistakes, esp regarding me and bm's claims. Are we that identical that it's hard to distinguish us?

Also; am i advocating bm's lynch today? Please point out where. I have my suspicions of bm, but i am not going to go after him, officially, until tar is revealed as a fraud.

I am really curious about tar because he's said that he thought 1 out of each triad was likely scum, but hasn't expressed that suspicion.

He also said he thought nightfall was likely naive, but, he didn' explain why: nightfall targetted tar n1.

Those two clues, coupled with tar outing not only himself, but both of his scumbuddies, to save battlemage, who is by his own claiim just a vanilla townie, makes me very suspicious of tar right now.

The flavor for tar's group mason-n-cops thing has yet to be explained, either, esp. Since we know that there were two flavor/scumgroup cops now already.

Lastly; gossipping mason doesn't imply investigative ability.

Post lastly: considering the fonz investigated foods that people made, how would, flavor wise, there be a godfather?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:43 am

Post by mneme »

Skruffs wrote: When did fonz say he investigated BM?
Surimasen -- He didn't, of course. Tar did. But then, we were talking about your role, not his, and I've been remembering parts of this game by role, not player.
Skruffs wrote: I am really curious why so many people are making such incredibly bad mistakes, esp regarding me and bm's claims. Are we that identical that it's hard to distinguish us?
Hai. They're not really that bad (well, not as bad as actually acting scummy or giving the game to the scum). But yeah, kinda:

Skruffs: Has claimed an adult role (Lunch Lady), with loose thematic ties to a known scumgroup. A cop (Fonz) has claimed an innocent on him.

BM: Has claimed an adult role (Librarian) with loose thematic ties to a known scumgroup (whoever is firing/expelling players -- admin mafia or some such). A claimed cop (Tar) has claimed an innocent on him.

Now, the differences are in your day behavior -- BM has made numerous "mistakes" about his own role, and exagerated differences to try to get your lynched, only to backtrack on later days. Moreover, you're been a key player in at least one protown lynch, while he hasn't. So I, at least, am much more likely to confuse your flavors/cop protectors than your actual differences in behavior.

And no, you haven't been pushing for his lynch today, but my statement was more general -- I'd like to push the focus to players who haven't done much rather than those who have either done significant pro-town things or have been under the lens recently. If Tar is scum and has really gotten both his scumbuddies out themselves to protect him, this will come out -- a gossiping mason will presumably have -actual- buddies. (of course, it's possible that the "gossip group" has one town, and one of each major scumgroup among its membership -- that would be funny, at least). Not going to speculate overmuch on this, but I'm usually happy to let early linkers stick around -- they're much easier to test later, and in multiple scumgroup games, can frequently end up being tested without wasting a lynch.
Did I say too much?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Skruffs »

Both Fonz and Tar have claimed to have innocents on me, one specifically about Soup Scum mafia, the other about , apparently, in general.

People make mistakes but it aggravates me when they form a conclusion on those mistakes, and then hold that conclusion even when the mistakes are revealed and admitted to.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by vollkan »

Mneme wrote: I don't believe Ckillor's claim, at least, not as town. If any student is scum, I'd expect it to be the class president (as adminiscum, getting teachers fired and students expelled).
I don't believe ckillor did claim class president:
ckillor wrote: ok i am Macy Diplom, the head of the student counsel and model U.N.
I think he means student
council
there. As far as I know, student councils aren't really linked to school admin (at least when I was at school, the student council was practically in permanent conflict with the admin).
The Hermit wrote: Stop the war with food? That sounds like scum agenda to me.
Why?

@ckillor: You still haven't told us who you have targeted and why.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by Korlash »

Mneme wrote:Korlash: oh, no, not another one. That said, I can't judge anything about Korlash from his inability to read the thread or make a coherent argument, so barring other data, I'm much more interested in ignoring him for now.
Inability to read the thread? Another what? And just because I am incapable of making lesser beings like yourself understand me does not change the fact I could be right! :P

Also ignoring anyone like me is pretty stupid. >.> Almost anti-town even...

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Post by Skruffs »

"i can persuade people not to use their power each night as i feel it is my duty to the school to stop the war of food. "

This is a very strange flavor explanation: It doesn't fit the action at all. Food isn't being thrown at night, only during the day. The flavor explanation fits that of a "vote-stealer"-equivalent role in this game. None of the 'night actions' have resulted in a food war, except JDodge's. How would diplomatic abilities stop someone from bashing in someone's head?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:27 pm

Post by Korlash »

>.> That has to be the worst "Lets lynch the claimed person because of this" I have ever heard...

You obviously need to RB people during breaks otherwise it is too noisy for them to hear you! duh...

I mean there is no way you can argue flavor and still keep to your the Lunch lady is pro-town.

>.> Vote korlash for Class president! Under my rule I will make the evil Lunch lady go bye bye!

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote:Mnene

When did fonz say he investigated BM? I am really curious why so many people are making such incredibly bad mistakes, esp regarding me and bm's claims. Are we that identical that it's hard to distinguish us?
You should be very flattered. :P
Skruffs wrote: Also; am i advocating bm's lynch today? Please point out where. I have my suspicions of bm, but i am not going to go after him, officially, until tar is revealed as a fraud.
You seem to be subtly pushing my lynch at every turn. Are you being sarcastic here?
I mean, use your brain for a sec plz. Tar claimed 'Gossipping Mason' with investigative ability. Nightfall has died, and come up, shock horror-Gossipping Mason! :o
hence unless he managed to somehow guess that level of flavour, Tarhalindur is protown. And guess what, he claims to be able to investigate people. This is Tarhalindur, not ABR. I dont see how you can attempt to push the argument that he is a fraud... :shock:
Skruffs wrote: Those two clues, coupled with tar outing not only himself, but both of his scumbuddies, to save battlemage, who is by his own claiim just a vanilla townie, makes me very suspicious of tar right now.
eh? its like this propaganda is inherently built into your posts atm. You just cant help filling your posts with a generous helping of WIFOM. lol
Skruffs wrote: The flavor for tar's group mason-n-cops thing has yet to be explained, either, esp. Since we know that there were two flavor/scumgroup cops now already.
This is true, hence i think that the sanities of our claimed cops in the game may be questionnable.
Skruffs wrote: Post lastly: considering the fonz investigated foods that people made, how would, flavor wise, there be a godfather?
I dont understand this. Please explain?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Skruffs »

well, who did you roleblock the first two night, korlash?

bm: i am noting your discrepancies, and if tar turns out to be scum or his results invalidated, you should be lynched. You have lied about your role in order to get someone you didn't like lynched. You claim more titles than any other player in the tgame, you indulge in false dilemmas at any oppurtunity, you encourage fake claiming ,etc... so yes i am suspicious of you. if you played reasonably, i wouldn't be.

"Tar claimed 'Gossipping Mason' with investigative ability. Nightfall has died, and come up, shock horror-Gossipping Mason!"
Nightfall did not come up with an investigative ability in his role name, claim, or flavor, as far as I can tell. tar believed yesterday that 1 out of every 3 in each triad was scum, but he hasn't explained his reasoning for that yet, and considering he was in a triad, and that he outed himself to protect you, even when he had reason to doubt his own sanity - and considering he doubted the sanity of his mason buddy who had only protected tar, i think tar's claim is less than foolproof.

are you really the one accusing me of wifom? okay. Sorry that you seem to 'know' everything about the game, what the player's motives, etc already. i don't , so i do something called 'scum hunting' which is a process where i try to figure out who's telling the truth and who's lying and why they might be lying, if they are. You're a librarian, read abook on 'psychology' and it might make more sense.

Fonz's flavor is that he can only receive guilties on one type of scum, presumably by tasting food they make to see if its made with good stuff or whatnot.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by Korlash »

Skruffs wrote:well, who did you roleblock the first two night, korlash?
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you just got me confused with someone else here. I don't need a second person to claim for me thanks. I already got screwed that way once this game.

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by cicero »

ckillor has claimed roleblocker. Korlash is a gossiping mason.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:45 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I realized that after I posted but, I'm lazy.

The intention was not to confuse the two roles.

Ckillor - who have you roleblocked?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by Korlash »

>.>

Is it really necessary we know who he RBed? Other then informing us who did not make the kill last night, it seems useless.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:58 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Who'd have thunk? The floor is still purdy clean!

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:28 am

Post by Skruffs »

What about the first night?
It could be useful in that regard.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”