xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:00 am

Post by xyzzy »

JDodge wrote:
Incognito wrote:Rofl. That's a lot of stuff on page 1 already.

Vote: Phate

It was my fate to randomly vote against him.

Also with regard to everything that happened on Page 1, according to Oman's Rule 07, this really shouldn't be discussed in scumchat, so you guys may want to watch out for a modkill ya know.
Why do you want people modkilled?
Yes, why? This struck me as quite odd.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:53 am

Post by xyzzy »

hahahahahahahaha

JDodge, the whole point of private communication is that you can see things people don't normally show - if I'm asking you questions in a chat and you're taking 5 minutes to answer, I won't trust your answer. To come into a game where those tools are allowed and refuse to let people use them is scummy. If someone wants the town to win this game, they will let the town do whatever necessary to achieve that win. It's just that simple. That applies to every game; if cops refused to investigate because "it isn't worth the effort", no one would believe them upon a claim, because that's just stupid play as town.

And for choosing to just say, "oh, lol, I don't have a good argument, bye" and leaving, you win a fantastic
unvote, vote: jdodge
!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:54 am

Post by xyzzy »

1) Yes, you were quite serious during that discussion. Plus, you did not have any reason to lie at all.
So he's scum because you don't understand sarcasm?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:27 am

Post by xyzzy »

BTW, when JDodge and I were discussing the issue of not using AIM, something along the lines of the following came up:

ZZ: using tools we have available is protown
JD: lulz, I don't think this conversation should continue [weasel words for "I don't have a good response, I'll go away now"]
JD: sorry, /block xyzzy
ZZ: lolwut?
ERROR: JDODGE HAS BLOCKED YOU!

I was, as you can imagine, quite annoyed, but I didn't mention that because I didn't think it was very scummy. Sir Tornado pointed out to me that it's actually quite scummy.

It's sarcasm because a "lynch these players always" meta is in itself scummy; if anyone truly kept and followed such a list, they'd be lynched almost any time those players were in a game with them. It doesn't mean that they actually plan on following through with it.
Why did you feel it necessary to make that remark on behalf of JDodge?
You say this almost as if I'm only allowed to defend things I say. If someone says something I think isn't proscum, and someone else thinks it is, I'll say it.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:43 am

Post by xyzzy »

Yeah, badly worded. It was decided that it was significiant, which I took to mean scummy, but it's possible to take it as "significant but null" or "significant but town".

JDodge, if I were scum, talking to me could only lead to one thing - a total slip-up. Why wouldn't you want that?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:54 am

Post by xyzzy »

JDodge wrote:
xyzzy wrote:Yeah, badly worded. It was decided that it was significiant, which I took to mean scummy, but it's possible to take it as "significant but null" or "significant but town".

JDodge, if I were scum, talking to me could only lead to one thing - a total slip-up. Why wouldn't you want that?
Scum is trying to trick town. Thus it also leads to you messing with my mind.
But if you're reslly town, you can handle that, can't you? Psychological pressure (one of the great advantages of real time chat) only works on 1)idiots and 2)people who are hiding something. Townies have nothing to hide, so any "messing with your mind" will be ineffective as long as you defend yourself.

Sirt, what is "bad" or "worse" about anything I've said?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #50 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:04 am

Post by xyzzy »

Alright, I'm trying to "get my hand out of it"?

If JDodge is lynched and my vote is on him at the time, and he turns out by some miracle to be town, then it will be in part my fault, as it is with all town lynches.

I don't see why that needs saying; I don't think Sir Tornado is scum, but he's seriously misinterpreting everything I say. I think JDodge is scum; if Sir Tornado's words can be interpreted as something other than "JDodge is scum", it doesn't make my interpretation wrong.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #77 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:36 am

Post by xyzzy »

Scot: if Adel isn't scum, then she's intentionally turning herself into the most useless town a game like this could produce; the only thing worse would be to not privately communicate at all, or to put on the facade on privately communicating while remaining useless *cough* JDodge *cough*

People who refuse to use IMing, would a non-instantaneous method of communication that doesn't clog up my inbox and is easy to analyze back and forth (such as QuickTopic or email) be an option for you?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #80 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by xyzzy »

It was a hypothetical.

If everyone talks to everyone, discrepencies in what people say will come up only among certain people, yes, and those may confuse - but every towniw will be talking to eight other townies who will be completely honest about their suspicions - there will be agreement, and those who don't agree will often be scum; basically, mass-daytalking will result in the same people being suspicious to many people, who are almost probably scum.

Adel, it's important because it's an instantaneous method, meaning that I can watch not only your response, but also when you start typing it, and how long it takes you to write it. All that adds up to a lot of information non-IM methods fail to provide.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #108 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Sorry I haven't been daytalking much; I'm not in Scumchat as often now, so I've not been remembering to talk to people.

Adel, how useful do you think you can be in this game when you've only spoken to cicero? Even if you're not talking to everyone, talking to a few people often will give you a much bigger picture on who's scum.

If the game is stalled, then unstall it. You've plenty of ways to do that. PM me or something. Don't just assume that everyone's as lazy as you and pretend that there isn't a problem. I don't think you're incredibly scummy right now, but you're certainly not protown, and I'm willing to lynch someone for that - you provide us no info now, so we have no way to do anything about you in endgame.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #157 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:06 am

Post by xyzzy »

Adel, your attitude of "let's just lynch randomly to see what it gets us" is super-scummy. Why, specifically, is that a good idea? Because I can't see ANY reason to random lynch. My death wouldn't even provide the town any useful info.

Unvote, vote Adel
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #170 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I've translated Adel for your convenience.
Adel wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
@Adel: Just out of curiousity, do you think Xyzzy is scum?

*Bonus* Why or why not?
Yes, sorta, maybe. Hopefully. He did cast a OMGUS vote on me. Besides a little bird told me that he was scum, and that little bird was correct 12.34 times out of the last 14. That is pretty good.
"Yes, sorta, maybe."

No, but it helps me and my scumbuddies.

"Hopefully."

...But if not it's not my fault!

"He did cast a [sic] OMGUS vote on me."

...Since all votes cast toward the person voting you are OMGUS!

"Besides a little bird told me that he was scum, and that little bird was correct 12.34 times out of the last 14. That is pretty good."

Now I can tell everyone it was a joke when he's town!

Incognito: I'm lazy. >.<

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”