Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:40 pm

Post by Ythill »

Incognito wrote:
Ythill wrote:First point: does the slip up Incog hypothesises seem like a realistic mistake? Meaning, if I am forward-thinking enough to lay out this elaborate "carpet," does it follow that I am short-sighted enough to miss such an obvious hole in the plan?
Of course it's a realistic mistake. It just happened.
It's realistic because you said it happened? Great logic.
Incognito wrote:
Ythill wrote:Second point: the "doc protected" plan seems much more viable if I am scum, so what's the point of me asking the doc not to protect me? In Incog's theory, wouldn't that be entirely counter-productive? As scum, I should have asked for doc protection.
Hmm... A little "Wine In Front of Me" perhaps?
Only if there is some reason for scum asking not to be protected, and only if that reason is similar in risk and benefit to the alternative.
Incognito wrote:You're also acting like that one mistake... ...was the only reason I concluded that you are probably scum.
No. I am acting like the only reason you have "concluded" I am scum (note I don't say probably scum) is that you
still
cannot actually explain the patterns I've found in your play. So you turned a convenient attack on me, not expecting my claim to spoil your gambit. Now you are panicking because you realize I don't need the rest of town to kill you, and you know that, because you are incapable of defending yourself, your only chance is to convince town to lynch me.

Funny thing is: it will not save you. See, your "defenses" absolutely hinge on me being scum. But I'm the vig and
if
you are successful in lynching me, your empty "defenses" will be even more clear. Not to mention the fact that your witchhunt will be seen for what it is. Hence the timing of my claim.
Incognito wrote:I'm in no rush.
Another post where your only proof of something is the fact that you said it. Too bad you're arguing against statistics. I don't need to post numbers for anyone to see how active you've become all of a sudden. And the main topic of every post you've made since my PBPA? How Ythill is scum. Note also how your tone of desperation has increased since my claim. But you're not rushing to lynch me, not you. Just like you didn't hint at having a power role. Just like you didn't cover your ass from every direction regarding the Apyadg thing, fence-sit and follow onto him, sneak off of him in a flurry of accusations, etc, etc, etc.

And if you're not rushing, why are you acting like someone who's under heavy vote pressure? If I am scum, as you insist I am, then you are safe from my non-existant vig kill, aren't you?
Incognito wrote:Where did I hint that I have a power role?
In 219, Incognito wrote:...you place me into a weird position since I feel I too am forced to claim just so you won't vig-kill me tonight...
Oooooooops! I guess you
did
do that. Which would have been a dangerous move for a townie, but is fine for you because you are scum.
Incognito wrote:And what's so bad about my counterclaim request?
My claim is verifiable without a counterclaim. If I am scum false-claiming, your request endangers an actual vig for absolutely no gain. Of course you're not worried about that, because you know my alignment and know my claim to be true.
Incognito wrote:Seriously, what kind of a townie attempts to figure out the role of another townie?
Generally? All of them. So long as we don't post our beliefs publically, extra information cannot hurt town. Specifically in my case? The kind of vig who doesn't want to accidentally kill a power role. Which is not a danger with you, because you are scum.

I keep giving you the opportunity to log a defense and you keep refusing to do so. Is it because you are unable to? If not, why have you not made a defense? You're only convincing me more and more, which means that you will die tonight.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by Ythill »

Also:
Incognito wrote:
Ythill wrote:The obvious move here for any townie is to steer clear of a D1 lynch on me, waiting for my confirmation and lynching me D2 if it does not come...
And this would be assuming I have actually bought your claim of being the One-Shot Night-Kill Vigilante, in which case I haven't.
Would it assume that? I doubt Justin has "bought" my claim. The thing is, it's confirmable on its own. What "this" does assume is that you want town to win, which you do not.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:11 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

All right. This takes precedence over another of my long posts about who I suspect, but let me assure you this is just a reprieve, not a commutation.

For now:
Ythill wrote:First point: does the slip up Incog hypothesises seem like a realistic mistake? Meaning, if I am forward-thinking enough to lay out this elaborate "carpet," does it follow that I am short-sighted enough to miss such an obvious hole in the plan? Second point: the "doc protected" plan seems much more viable if I am scum, so what's the point of me asking the doc not to protect me? In Incog's theory, wouldn't that be entirely counter-productive? As scum, I should have asked for doc protection.
First:
Ythill wrote:Meaning, if I am forward-thinking enough to lay out this elaborate "carpet," does it follow that I am short-sighted enough to miss such an obvious hole in the plan?
Well, let me pose a different question. If you put the work and forethought into your plan as presented, does it logically follow that you would miss this possibility as town? See, this is a sword that cuts both ways, and I think this edge is sharper. Because if I was you and I did what you’re doing (and I don’t think I would) I think the idea of killing two scum on one day would be so big in my eyes that I’d scarcely be able to see anything else. Lynch/vig and cripple the bad guys for the whole game. And I think if I was in trouble when I revealed my plan I would be very aware of how a good vig kill would redeem me. I might not post it, because it sounds too much like pleading for a chance, but I sure wouldn’t have been caught by surprise when someone asked me a question about it. Because being surprised about it makes it seem as though you never even considered what the ramifications would be if you hit scum. And yes, that is a very big tell.

Second:
Ythill wrote:the "doc protected" plan seems much more viable if I am scum, so what's the point of me asking the doc not to protect me? In Incog's theory, wouldn't that be entirely counter-productive? As scum, I should have asked for doc protection.
As scum you wouldn’t need the protection. As a scum pretending to be town you would know that you might well get it even if you asked not to be, as the only claimed role. Plus, if you’re mafia you don’t care who the doctor protects night one as long as it isn’t your selected vig target. Your kill would be the mafia kill. And since you’ve presented yourself as a one-shot vig you could even make a fair pass at a case about not getting whacked yourself, even if the doctor didn’t decide to protect you no matter what you said. And if the doc did protect you, as the only claimed role, and you were about to get fitted for a noose day two, you might even manage to find out who the doctor was along the way, if the doc felt he had to claim to clear up why a second kill didn’t happen/why you aren’t dead. It’s not a perfect play, but given the situation you’re in right now it’s a better play than asking for the doctor to protect you.

Now, for the rest of you, here is why my vote is off Ythill:

If he’s mafia it doesn’t matter whether we lynch him today or not, mafia will kill someone tonight. If he’s mafia planning on announcing who mafia is going to kill, that person will be no more dead than if his partners decided who they were going to kill in secret.

If only one body hits tonight, then it is my hope that tomorrow will be the last day Ythill spends in town. If he is scum he is as dead tomorrow as he would have been today, and we have the chance to catch another bad guy today, if we can remove some of our focus from this one discussion. If he should turn up, after being hung, to be town, then we will have still had today to hunt for another scum and scum will have only made a kill tonight they would have anyway (maybe a different person, but still one town). So a Ythill mislynch today or tomorrow would be the same, in this one respect, as a Ythill righteous lynch today or tomorrow: In either case the town will be in the same position going into night two.

What could go wrong with this that would be detrimental to town? Well, basically the things I pointed out in my previous post, that there is the off-chance that Ythill could be an SK or the possibility that only one person dies tonight and Ythill finds some way to squirm off the hook on day two. In the first case we just have to keep our eyes open for the rest of the game. In the second, well if we, collectively, are that stupidly gullible, then we were probably going to lose anyway. Of course, it would also be detrimental to town if Ythill is the vig and kills town, but is anybody really willing to lynch him on the grounds of not trusting his judgment?

On the other hand, Ythill may be telling the truth. And if he is we have an opportunity to:

1. Find out with a reasonable degree of certainty that one of the players is not scum.

2. Get two scum in one day. Or at least have two chances of getting one.

And those are pretty big pluses. There’s another possible one, too, though it’s one I really don’t want to go into because if scum hasn’t thought of it I’d rather not tell them.

All that said, Ythill, I still think this was a bad play you made, and a bad play that benefits you more than town even if you are town. I’m not going to mention the ones it is too late to correct, but here’s two things you still could do something about:

1. Since you’re telling scum who you’re targeting, if you do end up targeting town they know who they don’t have to bother killing and you’ve all but given them two night kills. Stop putting who you’re going to kill in your posts. It may be too late to undo this damage, but what say we give it a try? Now that you’ve claimed one-shot vig, if we only find one body in the morning, whether you told us you were going to kill that person or not, you’re still in trouble. And if two bodies show up in the morning you’ll still get the benefit from it. And town would get a lot more if you didn’t outright say who it was going to be. How about we make the scum guess who you're going to kill? It would pretty much take the no-kill option out of play, because there would be no percentage in foregoing their night kill when you might, for all they know, have honed in on one of them. Proving your claim in this way may be important to you, but it is harmful to town and helpful to scum. If you absolutely can’t resist bread crumbing it in some way please do that instead.

2. You have made every case you make and every suspicion you cast throughout the rest of day one a potential weapon in the hands of town's enemies, even if you take the death list out of your posts. Please consider this in everything else you say today. And please, no more mentions of who you think is really town until today is over. No need to call out the scum’s play for them, all right? Not if you’re a vig, anyway.

Incognito,

I don’t like anything about Ythill’s claim. At best it seems a claim designed to benefit the claimant at the expense of the town’s greater interests, and at worst it seems absolutely scummy. But for town as a whole the possible benefits of leaving Ythill unlynched going into tonight outweigh the possible risks. If I were you, staring down the barrel of his gun, I am not at all sure I wouldn’t be reacting with the vehemence you’re showing. But lynching Ythill today would not be the best play for the town, and you have to put the town in front of yourself. Easy for me to say, since it’s not me we’re talking about getting killed by him? Yeah. Sorry about that. And I think the best thing you could do now wouldn’t be to either attack or answer Ythill, but to spend your time and energy hunting for scum among those players not named Ythill. It’s the very best thing you could do for town, and my guess is it is also the way to have the best chance of being alive in the morning.

Now, unless something dramatically new comes up involving this claim I am going to try to do some hunting. Because even if Ythill is scum, he’s not here all by himself.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:12 am

Post by kuribo »

Disciple Slayer wrote:I am perplexed. I have no idea what to do any more. Mass RC, anyone?
Maybe we're so thirsty for Ythill blood that we missed this.

Did the lurker just ask for a Mass RC?

What would the town possibly gain from that this early, especially when the clear play would be for everyone but Ythill to claim vanilla townie?

We don't WANT the scum to know who our power roles are.

unvote, Vote: Disciple Slayer

I still think Ythill is possibly scum, but this guy has getting a pass for way too long, and the Mass RC request was very scummy in my book.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:15 am

Post by kuribo »

Justin Playfair wrote: 1. Since you’re telling scum who you’re targeting, if you do end up targeting town they know who they don’t have to bother killing and you’ve all but given them two night kills. Stop putting who you’re going to kill in your posts.
Alternatively, suppose the mafia kill his target. We'd never know how that person died. Would we get some stuff about a doc protection?

The One-Shot-Vig itching to claim after three votes (especially from a player who says he has a very high IQ) AND looking to shoot his wad on N1... very suspect.

If you only get one shot, why do it N1?

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Ythill »

kuribo wrote:The One-Shot-Vig itching to claim after three votes (especially from a player who says he has a very high IQ) AND looking to shoot his wad on N1... very suspect.
I've already stated that my timing had nothing to do with the votes. It had everything to do with punctuating Incog's "defense." Also, some of us did notice DS' blatant post. His next one (after the one you quoted) is also highly suspect.

@ Justin: Good advice, thank you.
Unvote, un-FoS
. I will probably be a little less active over the next few days, so as to stop being so damn distracting.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Mod can we have a vote count please
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:01 am

Post by Shteven »

I'm going to agree with Justin Playfair; his post strikes me as quite insightful. I don't really trust Ythill, but killing him today doesn't remove the mafia's night kill and it could remove the town's night kill. The potential gain of a dead scum + reasonably confirmed townie (for as long as he'd live afterwards) is a pretty strong gain. I do also agree that the claim seemed to be made for more personal than altruistic reasons, but you don't hang your teammates over something like that. We're all on the same boat here, except for those who aren't! :)

So,
Unvote: Ythill.

And I don't have any problem going ahead with a
Vote: Disciple Slayer
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Incognito »

Justin Playfair wrote:Incognito,

I don’t like anything about Ythill’s claim. At best it seems a claim designed to benefit the claimant at the expense of the town’s greater interests, and at worst it seems absolutely scummy. But for town as a whole the possible benefits of leaving Ythill unlynched going into tonight outweigh the possible risks. If I were you, staring down the barrel of his gun, I am not at all sure I wouldn’t be reacting with the vehemence you’re showing. But lynching Ythill today would not be the best play for the town, and you have to put the town in front of yourself. Easy for me to say, since it’s not me we’re talking about getting killed by him? Yeah. Sorry about that. And I think the best thing you could do now wouldn’t be to either attack or answer Ythill, but to spend your time and energy hunting for scum among those players not named Ythill. It’s the very best thing you could do for town, and my guess is it is also the way to have the best chance of being alive in the morning.

Now, unless something dramatically new comes up involving this claim I am going to try to do some hunting. Because even if Ythill is scum, he’s not here all by himself.
You bring up good points, Justin. I will not remove my vote just yet because I still have major issues with everything about the claim but as of right now, my FoSes were and still are currently on Apyadg and Disciple Slayer. Apyadg has remained inactive despite the fact that I've seen him online a number of times browsing this very forum (Little Italy) but still not contributing anything. And he continues to contribute to the Newbie game that he's in, but he is remaining non-contributory to this game despite his promise to scum hunt.

Mod:
Can you please prod Apyadg?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Prod these too plz

4. MafiaSSK
5. charter
6. Ho1den
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:49 am

Post by kuribo »

Ythill wrote:
kuribo wrote:The One-Shot-Vig itching to claim after three votes (especially from a player who says he has a very high IQ) AND looking to shoot his wad on N1... very suspect.
I've already stated that my timing had nothing to do with the votes. It had everything to do with punctuating Incog's "defense."
An honest-to-God roleclaim isn't something to be taken lightly, it's generally a last resort. Not a tool to refute an argument.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I don't see how Ythill gets any personal gain form this claim. Personally I think it's very convincing. I'll be surprised if he's scum now.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:28 pm

Post by Claus »

Okay. Sorry for the delay, folks. Happy new year. I'll begin my re-read now. :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:45 pm

Post by Claus »

Ho ho ho. 4 pages out of 11. I'm stopping for today, and should be done by tomorrow if Justin and Ythill do not engage in any more semantics wars in the remaining 6 pages ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:16 pm

Post by Incognito »

Xtoxm wrote:I don't see how Ythill gets any personal gain form this claim. Personally I think it's very convincing. I'll be surprised if he's scum now.
Xtoxm, why do you think Ythill's claim only makes sense as Ythill-town?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by kuribo »

Xtoxm wrote:I don't see how Ythill gets any personal gain form this claim. Personally I think it's very convincing. I'll be surprised if he's scum now.
On the contrary, I've pointed out several scenarios where Ythill could benefit from claiming one-shot-vig and being Mafia, nevermind the fact that he could be an SK.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Incognito wrote:
Xtoxm, why do you think Ythill's claim only makes sense as Ythill-town?
Having thought about it, it sounds like a townie itching to put his plan into action, and I don't think this is the kind of thing a mafia would try to pull off
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Xtoxm »

And because if he is mafia we will be able to know by tomorrow if his plan doesn't work, so claiming it as mafia would have been stupid
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:45 am

Post by kuribo »

Xtoxm wrote:And because if he is mafia we will be able to know by tomorrow if his plan doesn't work, so claiming it as mafia would have been stupid
That's my whole point, Xtoxm, there's any number of things he could say tomorrow if he's mafia and he still lives.

IE, a Doc must have protected him. The only way to dispute it would be for the doc to roleclaim, which would be just as bad.

My gut tells me he's lying, but it also says Disciple Slayer is scummier and we can sort Ythill on Day 2.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Xtoxm »

kuribo wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:And because if he is mafia we will be able to know by tomorrow if his plan doesn't work, so claiming it as mafia would have been stupid
That's my whole point, Xtoxm, there's any number of things he could say tomorrow if he's mafia and he still lives.

IE, a Doc must have protected him. The only way to dispute it would be for the doc to roleclaim, which would be just as bad.

My gut tells me he's lying, but it also says Disciple Slayer is scummier and we can sort Ythill on Day 2.
Well, I definitly don't want to lynch him today, he could still confirm town.

I dislike the SK role I hope there isn't one in the game, but I suppose 3 kills would mean Ythill is definite town.

Or if there are 2 tonight and 1 the night after.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:06 am

Post by Xtoxm »

If DS is the way votes are going I'll be happy to swap my vote.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Shteven »

Xtoxm wrote:If DS is the way votes are going I'll be happy to swap my vote.
I recommend it! ;)
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Incognito »

I can't help but make one final point about the Ythill role claim especially since Xtoxm has mentioned that he can only see it making sense from a town perspective. I think the role claim makes 0% sense from a townie perspective and contrary to Xtoxm, I would be really surprised if Ythill comes up as town. And my reasoning for this will be completely free of the analysis I've presented previously about the mistake he made in "excellent strategy" 4. Here's why:

First, let's look at the post that Ythill made after I responded to his PBPA of me. He said three pretty solid things after wrapping the whole thing up:

1) He said my Post 215 was the scummiest post of the entire game, and it confirms his read on me.

2) He said the towniest of the town should be able to see my post 215 for what it is and come to conclusions about it.

3) He claimed his role to be that of the One-Shot Night-Killing Vigilante.

Read his post and the above conclusions. Doesn't this seem like a huge appeal to emotion? Further, if you're a townie reading his post, does it not urk you that he was able to make all three of these points in one post after completing a single PBPA on a person and reading that person's response? Especially considering that it's inconsistent with his playstyle so far? I know for a fact that if he had made that post against anyone else in the game even if I was slightly leaning scum on said person, I personally would have been extremely urked by it.

So far, Ythill has basically seemed to attack two main people: Justin Playfair and Northjayhawk/Shteven. His playstyle has read as follows so far:

1) Attack.
2) Battle of words for a bit.
3) Resolution.

Compare this to what he did when he chose me as his target:

1) Attack.
2) Resolution.

Where was his usual battle of words? Why did he not feel the need to include this against me?

I could see a townie doing this if said townie had an investigative role and that townie investigated a person and confirmed his/her investigation to be guilty. But a One-Shot Vigilante is far from an investigative role. How could he have come to such a solid conclusion about me? Does Ythill really have these amazing powers of perception and ability that he's able to come to the solid conclusions that MafiaSSK is the VI, Justin Playfair is a Vanilla Townie, and Incognito is scum? It just doesn't make sense.

Further, ask yourself this question: How does what Ythill mentioned in his post jive with his final actions? Surely someone who has come to the conclusion that the "towniest of the town" will see my post for what it is wouldn't also feel the need to claim his role at the end of his post that came after reacting to my response to his PBPA. If he really had this role, wouldn't it make even better sense to try to further build his case against me, gain support from the town, and have me lynched to in effect save his night-killing ability for a future night?

I stick by my conclusion that Ythill is scum, and I'm willing to help try to find the rest of the scum, but I just want you all to seriously consider this no matter what happens from here on out.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Incognito »

EBWOP: That should be "jibe" and not "jive". Sorry about that.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

All right. I have a much longer case on Disciple Slayer than the below. But I’m trying (and failing) to make these shorter. And although there are suspicious things in Disciple Slayer’s earlier play, his last post is the one that makes me as absolutely suspicious of him as I am, so I am only going to address that here. If anyone wants the first part of this analysis, though, I would be glad to post it separately.

Everyone’s commented on this one:
Disciple Slayer wrote:I am perplexed. I have no idea what to do any more. Mass RC, anyone?
Since everyone’s piled words on top of this I won’t add to them. But here is Discple Slayer’s last post, and I don’t think anyone’s given it the attention it deserves. Which I think is a lot.
Disciple Slayer wrote:Well, what we could do is this: have the doc randomly protect you or Shteven, while the cop (if any) can investigate Ythill tonight. I haven't been getting any pings on my scumdar from Ythill, although his vig claim and what happened afterwards completely threw me off my game. I don't really know what to do at this point.
In what possible way could this plan help town?

Ythill’s claiming he’s going to make a one-shot vig kill night one. He gave us his two most likely targets of that time. If two people die night one Ythill is probably town. If one person dies we would probably lynch Ythill on day two.

Disciple Slayer here puts forth a plan that would:

1. Give a 50/50 chance of robbing us of Ythill’s possible vig kill.
2. Waste the doctor’s protection for night one (if we have a doc) on the two people least likely to be targeted by scum, unless that scum is Ythill.
3. Waste the (possible) cop’s night one investigation on Ythill, who would be proven just as innocent as the cop could prove him if two bodies are found in the morning.
4. Put at least the (possible) cop in the position of having to reveal his own role on day two to clear Ythill.

Now if there is any possible pro-town interpretation of Disciple Slayer’s plan I would be very grateful to hear it. Because to me this plan equals:

Waste the vig kill.
Waste the cop’s night 1 investigation and set him up to be killed on night two.
Waste the doctor’s night one protection by having him block the vig kill so scum has a clear killing field.

If there’s another way to read this please provide it to me. Because even if Disciple Slayer suspects Ythill is scum (which he says he doesn’t, even in the post where he proposes this scheme), and he wants to try to block what he thinks will be Ythill’s mafia (not vig) kill, is it worth making the potential cop and perhaps even the potential doctor reveal their roles on day two to do so?

Anyway, Disciple Slayer, any explanations you can provide would be appreciated. You’re my number one right now, but given the amount of votes already on you I want to give you a chance to respond before I decide about mine.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”