Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Yamahako »

Flameaxe wrote:
Yamahako wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:
Korlash wrote:Yet again you dodge and a personal attack.. man... your fun to poke aren't you?

Slaps Flameaxe in the face with a Fruit Rollup

Now... perhaps you will kindly explain your post 1332 and now your 1349 posts using words, explanations, and perhaps descriptions instead of not doing anythign at all...
Now let me ask you this: Are those food throwings REALLY justified? You are getting pissy because I hurt your wittle feewings? I'm sorry, but grow a pair. I justified what I was saying with a number, and 4 digit number that should be completely obvious, BUT NOOOOOO. Figure it out, it might just be the first step to discovering that brain in your head and how it is used.
Why make personal attacks? What good does it do anyone in the game?
Why does it matter?
Because it interrupts my enjoyment of the game. So if there's no dicernable benefit, its better if it doesn't happen.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Yamahako wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:
Yamahako wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:
Korlash wrote:Yet again you dodge and a personal attack.. man... your fun to poke aren't you?

Slaps Flameaxe in the face with a Fruit Rollup

Now... perhaps you will kindly explain your post 1332 and now your 1349 posts using words, explanations, and perhaps descriptions instead of not doing anythign at all...
Now let me ask you this: Are those food throwings REALLY justified? You are getting pissy because I hurt your wittle feewings? I'm sorry, but grow a pair. I justified what I was saying with a number, and 4 digit number that should be completely obvious, BUT NOOOOOO. Figure it out, it might just be the first step to discovering that brain in your head and how it is used.
Why make personal attacks? What good does it do anyone in the game?
Why does it matter?
Because it interrupts my enjoyment of the game. So if there's no dicernable benefit, its better if it doesn't happen.
So in other words, it just gives you something to comment on without actually doing anything, gotcha.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Yamahako »

Flameaxe wrote: So in other words, it just gives you something to comment on without actually doing anything, gotcha.
I'm doing stuff, waiting for the next "vote count" to add more comments though.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Yamahako wrote:
Flameaxe wrote: So in other words, it just gives you something to comment on without actually doing anything, gotcha.
You are arguing personal attacks, which is completely useless to this game.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Yamahako »

Flameaxe wrote:
Yamahako wrote:
You are arguing personal attacks, which is completely useless to this game.
Well, being a player in the game, commenting on things that aren't helpful to the game (like personal attacks and offensive language) isn't useles to me.

And not all progress each person makes in the game is shown in the thread. What are you accomlishing that is forwarding the game? How is chiding me about expressing my distaste of personal attacks in the game useful to the game?

...just curious.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by mneme »

Man, I wasn't kidding about ignoring Korlash. /ignore /ignore/ /ignore. Flameaxe, I'm sure you can find better things to do than bait the troll. (though oddly, his responses to FA's baiting and cicero's oopsness have been marginally more cogent than the prior "complete and utter garbage" of 1300, 1314, 1316, 1277, 1280, 1291, 1296, 1298, etc.

I'm still waiting on ckillor -- ATM, I much prefer his lynch to gorgon's -- his behavior's been more scummy ("I'm a crappy player, and pull this shit in every game" isn't a good response to "you're a useless lurker", IMO; if you're not helping town, you're helping scum) and the role claim doesn't make me feel much better about him, particularly with him lapsing into lurkdom after claiming.
Did I say too much?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Mneme: Why are you accusing Korlash of being the troll?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by Korlash »

Sorry... whats a troll?

Also I find calling anything a semi-claimed cop thingy posts garbage a bit... not town.. so for that I think a
Rubber band slings a carrot towards Mneme's eye
is in order...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Denial is tough to get over.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Korlash »

As is an apple pie on your face...

[/b]hits Flameaxe in the face with a piece of apple pie[/b]

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by Korlash »

stupid... i really need to preview my posts...

Hits Flameaxe in the face with a piece of apple pie

Slams Korlash's head onto a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich

bad me...

mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by mneme »

Ack. Forgot to use Nipponese last post!
Skruffs wrote:Mneme: Why are you accusing Korlash of being the troll?
Because I wanted to avoid using a more insulting word.

Flameaxe is trolling Korlash a bit, but isn't a troll in general, IMEX.

Korlash: the fact that you have claimed to be a cop (without, you know, giving any results or otherwise giving us any reason to belive you might be a cop, and ignoring the fact that your mason group is both unconfirmed and somewhat unlikely to be composed entirely of sane, pro-town cops) doesn't excuse the fact that you present as a complete moron prone to craplogic and throwing random food whenever questioned. The only reason I haven't thrown food at you is that set of mitigating factors, but, in fact, I've no reason to believe you're pro-town, and several to believe you aren't. You aren't helping the school right now, regardless of your alignment/powers.

Please stop playing like a three year old child and at least attempt to contribute to the game meaningfully. Domo Arigato.
Did I say too much?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Korlash »

Suwatekudasai!

Seriously... Japaneses is cool but using it over and over just makes you look like an idiot...

Also the crap logic thing is a given... In fact I would be worried if it didn't come up in a game.

Thirdly I highly doubt the lynch will come down to one of the masons, unless I am proven to be acting overly anti-town.

Fourthly,
whittles candy cane into spear and hurls it at Mneme
my random food throwing has only happened recently. The original food throwing was pretty centralized and for a purpose. In fact if you honestly believe I had this much food in my box your the idiot here.

And why can't a three year old make meaningful contributions? Do you discriminate based on age? Oh.. for shame...

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

And why can't a three year old make meaningful contributions? Do you discriminate based on age? Oh.. for shame...
You know that thing called "no school"? Yeah, that about sums it up.
Fourthly, whittles candy cane into spear and hurls it at Mneme my random food throwing has only happened recently. The original food throwing was pretty centralized and for a purpose. In fact if you honestly believe I had this much food in my box your the idiot here.
You're*. Also, how are we supposed to tell what you have in your box, aka what is fake and what is real?
Also the crap logic thing is a given... In fact I would be worried if it didn't come up in a game.
Given != Good. Seriously...
Seriously... Japaneses is cool but using it over and over just makes you look like an idiot...
As is constant use of craplogic, and the excuse of craplogic. *HINT HINT*
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Korlash »

You keep talking about Crap logic as if it actually means anything... You really should try to find something new.

And I have been throwing fake food along with real simply so you don't know what is what. I don't see how that is anyways pro-town or pro-mafia so good luck pushing that as a case. In fact...

Slings handful of mashed potatoes at Flameaxe

Also, if you really care that much... just realize I'm a freaking cheerleader girl in this game... I've only thrown one real piece of food.. just try and guess which one it is... Not that hard...

And did we actually just have a conversation about a three year old? Thats messed up XD

Also what did you mean by:
A scum wrote:Given != Good. Seriously...
I assume your saying Given =/= good. Which I in no way said otherwise. In fact my crappy cases are in many way a hindrance yes. But they really are no proof of alignment so... Have at them I suppose...

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I was hoping to draw you away from you're craplogic ways...but now I see that that is impossible. There is no hope for this one, cap'n (crunch)!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Korlash »

Oh there is hope... But the way your playing won't help it any... I'm more of a fun loving kind of guy... i go with the flow, make jokes, try to hide in WIFOM and the shadows as much as I can. Give as little content as possible, yet still try to address major issues and any concerns with myself. I post a lot of fluff and crap, but every now and then I hit a good vein of knowledge and people are shocked. >.>

Also I am quite fond of my title... and wont be giving it up for a while...

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Skruffs »

Two people (a+b) were arguing about another player (c). B refers to C by a dead player (d), not once, but repeatedly.

Player A expresses confusion over the mention of player D.

Player E chimes in, ridiculing/goading player A, telling him to preview his posts befre he hits submit, although player B is the one who actually made the mistakes, and thus should be criticized.

Other players later ask player E to explain his decision to scold the confused player, and he stubbornly refuses to comment on it.

However, after being called a troll, he begins to offer well thought out posts on other matters of the game.

This to me is very scummy.

Korlash: you saying that you are intentionally doing 'anti town' things, and defending it by saying it doesn't prove anything - not once but twice - makes it a lot more likely that you are scum.

Mneme- i agree that flameaxe is not usually a troll, but he refuses to comment on an incident where he flamebaited a response of someone for no apparent reason.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:09 am

Post by cicero »

OK. I'm back at my desk and not ducking from computer to computer. This should be helpful.

With respect to my Fonz vs Skruffs mix-up, it was mostly just because Fonz cleared Skruffs (so they are tied together in my brain in this game) mixed with arguing with Fonz in another game. So I meant to type Skruffs and kept typing Fonz as I tried to sneak a few minutes to check my games over a very busy christmas holiday season. But I dont think the brainfart negates my general point... or flameaxe's point about Korlash not paying attention.

As with yesterday I felt like the Big Four fight felt like townies sniping. Skruffs feels more likely to be town than scum to me and seems to be some kind of power role. We just dont know what kind yet since apparently no one knows what a bad behavior note does but saying I'm vanilla townie and oh yeah I got these notes doesnt cut it for me. If you can do something more than vote, you gots da powah. In addition, Fonz is dead and came up as exactly what he said he was. He had cleared Skruffs. Finally, Ckillor is on my list of soup ingredient badguys.

Obviously Skruffs could be soup scum/Cafeteria godfather, so I have my eye on him. Lunch lady definitely could be that. That would also, point to Battlemage as being the equivalent administration godfather. But heres the thing, while the "rank" in the kitchen of a lunch lady is ambiguous, I dont think the admin godfather would be the librarian. Do librarians run schools where you come from? Since I see an equivalence in the roles of battlemage and skruffs I therefore think skruffs is lower ranked than the chief scum would be. Therefore I assume, tentatively, that Fonz's investigation clears skruffs. That in turn makes me more willing to believe battlemage as well. This is all uber-speculative, I know. But the whole thing just seems to make sense if I look at in in the context of their play. Personally, I think scum are keeping a lower profile so far - as they often do in early days.

I will say that I got to the point earlier today where I felt that Skruffs is being overdefensive. He's felt like he's fighting hard to ward off accusations that really dont seem to be gathering that much strength. So... chill. I didnt draw any alignment conclusions from that though. Scum and townie both get overdefensive. It's one of those dumb "stereotypical" scumtells that I put no stock in whatsoever. I'm more mentioning it because it sort of annoyed me since I thought his defense was taking up too much time and space in the thread and felt repetitive.

Now as for Korlash and Flameaxe. Since when do I need to pick sides between people acting like goofs/jerks. Two wrongs don't make a right. For Flameaxe as far as I can tell this fits his meta. He is a self described "asshat". I do not agree with the idea that he is "not usually a troll". In my opinion if he isnt being a troll in a game it's because he hasnt found an opportunity. In early days he sits back and takes notes and asks questions. If you pressure him - at all - he acts like a ude brat who could use a good swift kick. As the game progresses he becomes less trollish and more talkative. Personally, I think that kind of play is... not to my taste shall we say... because it lets flame-scum lurk too long. But him being snide is not in and of itself a scumtell. I went after him for this kind of behavior in a recent game, myself, by the way. In that game though, I had other meta info to go by as well (thanks to our good game wrecking friends at somethingawful.com!).

In this game I think he's being a prick to make Korlash take the game seriously which I dont actually see as
totally
anti-town (just sorta...). Korlash has been playing as a "mini dripping goofball" style, I think (with apologies to our mod) and could stand to take the game more seriously. Hiding behind the mason claim and making flippant jokey remarks doesnt impress me and neither does insisting that someone claiming roleblocker shouldnt need to tell us who they blocked.

That having been said since Flameaxe has achieved what can be achieved by this behavior at this point, I too would like to know what he meant by "1326". I have my ideas but I'm not putting words in his mouth. I want to investigate them when they come out of
his own
At this point, Flame and Korlash, this whole thing is getting distracting so it'd rock if we could move it past the stage of table-tennis recrimination.

Also, we need to remember that the mason-cops are
unconfirmed
to each other. I wouldnt be surprised if one of them is some kind of scum. Right now, Korlash isnt looking too great but I aint throwing food yet. Korlash, you clearly... CLEARLY... havent done a thorough re-read and it shows over and over again. For example, Mneme HAS TO speak Japanese in each post. It's a post-restriction. Chiding him for not doing so shows evidence that you arent putting effort into really knowing enough information to scumhunt correctly. And THAT is, in my books, a fairly reliable scumtell at worst and anti-town at best.

Personally, I also still have my eyes on old mister peas and hot coffee for soup scum. He's just one of the people who isnt getting enough attention while the pissing match goes on. That having been said, I dont have any behavioral reasons to suspect yamahako yet. It's more that peas make pea soup and coffee is a grown up's drink.

Whew. I guess I missed posting over the holidays. Sorry for the verbal diarrheah. :p
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Skruffs »

Cicero:my point against flameaxe is that YOU were the one he should have been telling to pay attention, NOT korlash. This isn't saying you are scum or whatnot, it's saying that flameaxe was criticizing someone WHO was paying attention over someone who wasn't.

Also: it's my hot body, i'll post what i want. You don't own me! *snap* *snap* *snap*

Ie: other people should be posting more if my 'ratio' is too high
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:32 am

Post by cicero »

Yeah I caught that. It's just an oversimplification. Korlash is repeatedly showing that he hasnt been reading the plot developments whereas I made a name brainfart.

Yes more people should be posting more. Now that the holidays are over, let's rock this joint, yo.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Skruffs »

Flameaxe wasnt referring to any plot developments. He was referring expressly to korlash not understanding why you were talking about a dead player. Korlash was making an attempt to figure out what you actually meant, flameaxe was attempting to goad korlash with a pointless, inflammatory post that almost seems to be pulling attention away from you..

Mneme, and you have both since attempted to ignore that, to focus on korlash. Regardless of korlash's behavior (which was not all that noteworthy before, but did get worse after the flamneme tagteam)n why would flameaxe be 'overlooked' like that?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:43 am

Post by mneme »

skruffs: I just didn't think cicero's name swap was all that interesting -- we've had a -lot- of name goofs this game, from nearly every active player. And his last few messages have definitely been ++goodposting.

I'm not interested in focusing attention on Korlash, because I'm neither ready to lynch him today nor interested in anything he has to say (unless he wants to give us investigation results, maybe). I'm interested in him playing the game rather than doing what he says he usually does (ie, act like scummy scummy scum regardless of his actual alignment).

I am interested in getting back to the current day's business -- which is either getting more info from ckillor and deciding to leave him alone or giving up and just lynching him (moving in that direction, myself).

Oyasumi!
Did I say too much?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Skruffs »

I *agree* that it wasn't interesting. I'm NOT saying that Cicero's name goof was a scum tell. In my opinion, it was OBVIOUS that cicero was referring to me, not FOnz. Korlash didn't seem to 'get it'. Flameaxe either got it and intentionally tried to exacerbate it, or is exactly what other people are accusing Korlash of, 'not involved in the game', because he thought Fonz was alive and was ridiculing Korlash for it. Since he refuses to elaborate, that indicates it's one of those two.

I Agree, but ckillor is playing mum. This is a good lead, I think if it turns out scum is not side by side. Tarhalindur's original theory that one out of every 'three' players is scum, makes sense, but he's refused to comment on his theory since he mentioned it 0- or even why he thought that, being in a known set of three himself.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”