Mini #534 - Vegetable Mafia (Game Over!)

Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by Y »

One thing I can't seem to understand is WHY are you all saying I agree with Oman.

I was voting ryan before his comments and agreed with him getting lynched afterwards. Non of those posts has anything to do with Oman's reasons.

My reasons were that ryan keeps using whatever argument he finds easy to leech on, whether he understands it or not, just to have a reason for whatever he does. He proved me right when he used me as the second player to agree with Oman (As a response to Phate), after people said in-thread that that wasn't my reason for the vote.

Long story short, ryan just doesn't have a clue of what he's doing, as long as he thinks other people believe he does.

Phate, I understand you don't like carelessness, but there's a way to say it. Please don't ruin this game for us.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 am

Post by Oman »

Mod, I'd like phate replaced if he doesn't stop this now. Like now!
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:26 am

Post by Oman »

Mod:
Sorry Pat, missed this: "And guys, seriously. At this hour I can't be bothered to read and check who started the flaming, but you can all see the rule made by Aimee against personal attacks. They stop now, or I'll replace or modkill the offender."
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:42 am

Post by gorckat »

Wow, this thread is hot and stinky.
Crub wrote:Wow chill pill's needed all around methinks.

vote Phate

you're way into negative townie points now.
Can you back that up with something substantive?

I've been burned thinking someone is scum just because they flew off the handle, and I haven't been convinced by anyone that the claim thing was scummy.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:28 am

Post by destructor »

gorckat wrote:I haven't been convinced by anyone that the claim thing was scummy.
I agree with this sincerely. But that's not to say other things Phate has done aren't questionable.

Actually, I really need a reread.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:35 am

Post by ryan »

gorckat: Do you believe that anti town is bad for town? Do you believe distracting is anti town?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:21 am

Post by gorckat »

destructor wrote:But that's not to say other things Phate has done aren't questionable.
Like what? Without looking back, I'm drawing a blank.
ryan wrote:gorckat: Do you believe that anti town is bad for town? Do you believe distracting is anti town?
Yes and yes, but they need to be considered with other stuff before they are labeled scummy. Anything anti-town can be scummy, but not all of it is.

I do think Phate's claim was distracting and anti-town, but it was done for selfish reasons, and it has yielded a lot of discussion, and has earned you a handful of votes for how you've latched onto the arguments around it all.

In fact, I need to re-read the pre-claim stuff, since that's where you originally earned votes, iirc.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:44 am

Post by ryan »

I disagree with your term of "latched onto" there is no reason in mafia that opinions can't be agreed upon and that shouldn't be used as reasoning to vote me. I've stated my own thoughts in this game and if those are looked upon as scummy than at least call me out on that instead of just throwing votes on me without giving me a chance to respond.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 am

Post by thinktank »

Anti-town and distracting are both definitely bad for town but they don't generally point to scum because USUALLY scum are smart enough not to make it obvious of their anti-town behaviour. That being said , it doesn't mean that because you're being anti-town means you aren't scum but logically speaking its not the case. For example, looking at Phate's behaviour, I find it as highly anti-town and distracting but he is probably one of the last people I would consider to be scum in this game for the same reason.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:18 am

Post by gorckat »

MOD:
Are krahven, soupfly and WhoMe? getting prodded/replaced?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:19 am

Post by gorckat »

NM on krahven, just saw your post re his request /out.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Y »

ryan wrote:I disagree with your term of "latched onto" there is no reason in mafia that opinions can't be agreed upon and that shouldn't be used as reasoning to vote me.
Agreeing with an opinion:
"I think his point is viable because I agree with points A, B and C in his arguments, which I noticed in cases X, Y and Z".

Leeching:
"He's right. I agree."

You're doing too much of the second and not enough of the first. You seem too agree with people because of reasons that aren't there.
ryan wrote:I've stated my own thoughts in this game
I can't really recall that (as opposed to cases in which you did leeched onto opinions). Would you please help me with that?
ryan wrote:if those are looked upon as scummy than at least call me out on that instead of just throwing votes on me without giving me a chance to respond.
We called it out a few pages ago, which were written more than a RL week ago. You had plenty of time, on which your response was "Your wrong, so I won't answer your questions" and "You're scum for wanting me to answer your questions, so I won't answer them for you, scum".
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:45 am

Post by gorckat »

I burned some time going back and see

1) What Phate had done that might be seen as scummy (bulldogging destructor over the non-vote-vote, even as others were letting it go), though I think it's not damning
2) ryan pushing hard for Oman and destructor lynches (barning opinions back then, as well)

vote: ryan

It's not just hooking up on other's reasons, as you implied was my reason for voting you, even though I didn't (but I did notice how squirmy you're getting, and got early on). The way you went after Oman and destructor smacked of 'easy lynch' motives looking to end the day with a minimum of fuss and discussion also looks scummy.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:18 am

Post by ryan »

Neither Oman nor destructor were close to an "easy lynch" at the time of said discussion, if they were at -2 or -1 and I was pushing than sure I'd agree with you but they weren't close on either debate.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:23 am

Post by ryan »

Y wrote: We called it out a few pages ago, which were written more than a RL week ago. You had plenty of time, on which your response was "Your wrong, so I won't answer your questions" and "You're scum for wanting me to answer your questions, so I won't answer them for you, scum".
WHERE did I say that? Quote it. I want to know exactly where I said I wouldn't answer your questions because it was scummy.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Patrick »

Bookitty replaces kravhen effective immediately. Soupfly has been prodded.

Votecount

ryan (4) -- Phate, Y, thedragonsprincess, gorckat
Phate (2) -- WhoMe?, Crub
Oman (2) -- destructor, ryan
WhoMe? (1) -- soupfly
thinktank (1) -- Oman

Not Voting: Bookitty, thinktank
12 alive, 7 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by Crub »

ryan wrote:
Y wrote: We called it out a few pages ago, which were written more than a RL week ago. You had plenty of time, on which your response was "Your wrong, so I won't answer your questions" and "You're scum for wanting me to answer your questions, so I won't answer them for you, scum".
WHERE did I say that? Quote it. I want to know exactly where I said I wouldn't answer your questions because it was scummy.
Umm when he pointed out your total lack of understanding of the "2 slips" thing and you chucked a tanty and said he was wrong and you weren't going to answer?
Moo?
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

at the time, I thought that ryan was very quick to follow my vote.

unvote vote ryan
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:32 am

Post by Y »

ryan wrote:That's a completely false statement hence why I did not answer it. Just because I see other people's point of view and agree doesn't make me scummy. Quote one spot where I screwed up a point made by somebody else and used it as mine. So basically what Y is saying is that if I see something that somebody else saw and agree with it that I'm scummy? That's completely bogus.
I then quote the post on which I already pointed out what I was referring to, to which his answer is:
ryan wrote:Y: I don't know what you are trying to do but you've quoted something we've already discussed. If you have a new question you'd like answered, please just ask it.
and
ryan wrote:He's trying to get me to slip up and say something scummy, yet I've clarified myself as much as I can to him. If he doesn't understand, not much more I can do.
But he never clarified, because "it's wrong".
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:51 am

Post by soupfly »

sorry for copy paste:
soupfly wrote:ok, i'm back from snowboarding in austria and as a souvenir i brought back 9 screws and a metal plate which they used to reconstruct my shattered right arm...too bad they're still in my arm. funny how i set off all the metal detectors in the airport.
as far as the game is concerned i'm comfortable with my whome vote.

the ryan wagon, i'm not so sure. my inclination is townie. i think our scum are flying under the radar. yiam!
i am sofa king!
stupid...
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:13 am

Post by ryan »

Y wrote:
ryan wrote:That's a completely false statement hence why I did not answer it. Just because I see other people's point of view and agree doesn't make me scummy. Quote one spot where I screwed up a point made by somebody else and used it as mine. So basically what Y is saying is that if I see something that somebody else saw and agree with it that I'm scummy? That's completely bogus.
I then quote the post on which I already pointed out what I was referring to, to which his answer is:
ryan wrote:Y: I don't know what you are trying to do but you've quoted something we've already discussed. If you have a new question you'd like answered, please just ask it.
and
ryan wrote:He's trying to get me to slip up and say something scummy, yet I've clarified myself as much as I can to him. If he doesn't understand, not much more I can do.
But he never clarified, because "it's wrong".
Thank you for omitting all the exchanges we had where I clarified what I was doing
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:22 am

Post by gorckat »

soup wrote:as far as the game is concerned i'm comfortable with my whome vote.

the ryan wagon, i'm not so sure. my inclination is townie. i think our scum are flying under the radar.
I don't think you've made a case for WhoMe?.

What makes you think ryan is town?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:58 am

Post by ryan »

gorckat wrote:
soup wrote:as far as the game is concerned i'm comfortable with my whome vote.

the ryan wagon, i'm not so sure. my inclination is townie. i think our scum are flying under the radar.
I don't think you've made a case for WhoMe?.

What makes you think ryan is town?
What makes you think I'm not?
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Y »

ryan wrote:What makes you think I'm not?
He wasn't speaking to you.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:25 am

Post by ryan »

Y wrote:
ryan wrote:What makes you think I'm not?
He wasn't speaking to you.
WHAT is your deal?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”