Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Oh, and to comment on one more noteworthy thing, I like IH's anaysis so far. I had actually forgotten about all of Panzer's early scumtells he was dropping left and right before IH reminded me of them; I knew I had some suspicions of Panzer earlier on, but he did just remind me of how well-founded they were. Looking at Panzer's more recent posts now, I note that he's only posted a couple of times in the last, uh, 20 days or so, and those posts don't look so great either.
fos:Panzer
. He's definatly another good lynch candidate for today.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Catching up: There's a lot of material since my last post, but most of it seems to rotate around a few points.

On Quagmire: The one time I've seen Quag as scum he played completely differently to this. The fact that he's made a few posts that have some actual content is encouraging. The whole business with his claims of not reading his PM fails to make it past my stupidity filter, and I don't think it really reveals anything either way. For me, lynching him would essentially be a policy lynch right now and, though I can see the benefit of eliminating the distraction by getting him out of the way, I feel that there are legitimately scummy players I'd rather bump off instead.

I also like IH's analysis, my gut is still leaning towards Peers and hasdfgas (though he's improving) but I think I need to have another look at Panzer. More later.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Yeah. Fuck Quagy. Let's win this game
despite
him.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:53 pm

Unvote
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Yosarian2 wrote:Eh? That's a curious comment. How would lynching a pro-town quagmire help us find the scum tommorow?
Some scum might blend in the wagon, but others will defend him vigorously knowing that he'd be a mislynch. It's a long shot though.
Yosarian2 wrote:Now, if we lynch him and he's scum, that gives us more info.
Indeed, that I think that's the more likely alternative. I for one am quite convinced that players that delay or refuse to claim are generally scum.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Unvote
Have you been crazed out of your wits?

Good grief.... 3 months and forty pages and we still can't lynch a player that refuses to claim and sabotages the game... We don't even have a single claim... This is the least productive bunch of people ever.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Fugetaboutit

The only reason I'd kill him would be to satisfy my ego. He has done enough to corrode the game.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Not going to waste a lynch on his bitch ass. Maybe we will get lucky and have him vigged tonight.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Erg0 wrote:On Quagmire: The one time I've seen Quag as scum he played completely differently to this.
Maybe he's changed his ways since; he is squarely anti-town in this game. Don't arrest your analysis at the "not reading the PM" business, it's passé and besides the point. Look at the rest of his behavior please.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:08 pm

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Not going to waste a lynch on his bitch ass. Maybe we will get lucky and have him vigged tonight.
I'd rather lynch scum like Quagmire, personally, than hope he's vigged.

Let's lynch Quagmire already, and hope that some other nuisance player gets vigged. God knows there are plenty to choose from. Hey! Maybe I'll be vigged! :wink:

People, hear ye, hear ye!

If you're too chicken to lynch a player, mafia is not your game.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by Erg0 »

This was relatively recent - the game is still ongoing, in fact. What you're advising me to do is exactly what I'm saying I've done, but the PM issue is such a major pillar of the argument againt him that I felt it was worth mentioning it specifically. Filtering out the usual Quag BS (things that are, for him, a null tell), what remains is not enough to justify a lynch on the grounds of scumminess. Whether or not he's a
good
lynch is a separate discussion, but I won't support it at this stage.
V/LA most weekends.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:13 pm

If Erg0 doesn't support it, I won't either.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Erg0 wrote:On Quagmire: The one time I've seen Quag as scum he played completely differently to this.
Maybe he's changed his ways since; he is squarely anti-town in this game. Don't arrest your analysis at the "not reading the PM" business, it's passé and besides the point. Look at the rest of his behavior please.
You've never given any evidence of me being "anti-town" in this game. You keep saying it like you're a politician. Evidence please.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:16 pm

Nobody is arguing that Quagmire is anti-town. The point is whether we lynch him or not.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:17 pm

Why don't you guys have me prodded when you get your act together and say, get a claim (hey, that would be really original in this game), or maybe a wagon that every player doesn't derail.

And maybe then I'll pop in and ask the mod for a 6 month extension.

*cries like a baby*
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:18 pm

Erg0, Yosarian, would it be so horrible to get a claim out of Quagmire ? Ask him either to claim or we lynch him, and actually lynch him when he doesn't ?
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Welp, the original derailed wagon in this game was Peers, which should have gone to a claim and didn't because everyone jumped on Quag instead. I still think Peers is a good lynch, though I was momentarily concerned with hasdfgas' support of the wagon. He's shaped up in recent times though, so I'm good with a Peers lynch again.
V/LA most weekends.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Peers claimed vanilla.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Toaster Strudel wrote:My experience in this game is that people that give the town a hard time about claiming are almost always scum.
Toaster Strudel wrote:[...]he was careful not to link himself to other players beyond policy-voting me, following MoS and trying to intimidate Bookitty a little [...]
Toaster Strudel wrote:Look at how he wasted 30+ pages policy voting, didn't claim earlier at lynch -1, refused to answer questions even from his friend Yosarian, stubbornly refused to cooperate, try to find scum, and actually play the game in a manner that HELPS the town. He only recently switched his vote from me to Bookitty to intimidate her, in my opinion, because Bookitty was using her brain, and Quagmire wets his bed every time he has to deal with a player that is able to think.
Toaster Strudel wrote:Nine excellent reasons to lynch Quagmire:

(1) Jerked town around about role PM business.
(2) Needed to be at lynch minus 1 to allegedly read it.
(3) Has done absolutely nothing pro-town.
(4) Sabotaged all attempts for us to evaluate his alignment.
(5) His current strategy is to make sure he cannot be linked to any other player but one.
(6) Stubbornly policy voting a single player while denying it.
(7) Categorically refuses to answer questions - even from Yosarian who defended him earlier.
(8) This lynch will be informative of the alignment of the players that defended him, ie Yosarian, MoS and hasdfas.
(9) To completely refuse to involve oneself in the game in any capacity beyond a wholly useless policy vote, is thoroughly scummy.
That's the kind of thing a mafiosi might do in order not to compromise his buddies and leave no hints leading to them.

unvote, vote: Quagmire
- not for pressure, but for lynching.
Toaster Strudel wrote:I submit this quote as evidence that Quagmire is continuing to policy lynch or is at the very least completely blindsided:
Quagmire Dec 23 wrote:Although I would like to add that I'm glad you're leaving. I hope you leave the site for good.
I submit this quote as evidence that Quagmire continues to refuse to participate, after alledgedly reading his role PM:
Quagmire Dec 9 wrote:I'm not going to claim anytime soon. This conversation is worthless. Stop trying to "lead discussion" somewhere, because it's not going to go anywhere. I'm not going to claim anytime soon. This conversation is worthless. Stop trying to "lead discussion" somewhere, because it's not going to go anywhere. [...] Lynching me would be stupid. I'm on the town's side. Toaster Strudel is mafia, from what I've gathered. That's all that I'm going to say.
Quagmire Dec 28 wrote:I feel like I should be saying something right now because the discussion is on me. However, I'll refrain unless people have any specific questions into my behavior becaues this argument is between Yos2 and TS.
Quagmire Dec 30 wrote: I refuse to do anything that you request me to do [...]
Quagmire Dec 31 wrote:Nothing else is worth talking about at the moment. Nobody else has come up with a convincing argument to sway me and nothing's made me change my mind about what I think. So, until then, I have nothing additional to say.[...]Otherwise, you're just going to hear me say, "I don't have anything to say," if everyone continues trying to badger me about my thoughts on every single person in the game.
Paradoxically, Quagmire berates schismatized for non-contribution:
Quagmire wrote:
schismatized wrote:
Erg0 wrote:The burden of proof lies with the person making the assertion.
yeah but in a game with so little proof is this still relevant?
Start contributing please
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Peers claimed vanilla.
Ah yeah, I forgot. It's been so long.

That's a very poor strategic choice of a claim for a scum, on Day 1, if you think about it. He's still in my scum list for other reasons though.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:29 pm

EBWOP: The post above with all the self quoting is in response to Quagmire asking for evidence, but of course, like the scum that he is, he doesn't need to bother reading the game, so he didn't notice all the evidence I posted previously.

So now I remind him of it with a mega re-post.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Peers claimed vanilla.
He did? I too had forgotten that entirely. Doesn't really change my opinion much, though.

I see your point regarding Quagmire, but with deadline approaching there's a fine line between "wagon for a claim" and "wagon for a deadline lynch". If there's sufficient support for a Quag claim then you shouldn't have any trouble getting the numbers.
V/LA most weekends.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:33 pm

Same damn line if he doesn't claim.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Eh?
V/LA most weekends.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:40 pm

He ain't going to claim, so we might as well lynch or deadline lynch him. Either that or we ignore quagmire completely, but support for another wagon will be even more difficult.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”