TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:53 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Oh good I'm on Pooky's team. L-unit! Does L stand for lascivious?

((Sorry for delay, been playing Phoenix Wright constantly for the last few days. I like to read up on tort law when I'm not devouring biochemistry))
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

vollkan wrote:
Vote: Trustgossip

Trustgossip wrote: ((Sorry for delay, been playing Phoenix Wright constantly for the last few days. I like to read up on tort law when I'm not devouring biochemistry))
Every Phoenix Wright game I have played (the first 2) is
criminal
law, not tort law. Not only are you clearly concocting an outrageous lie, but the lie involves hiding something criminal.
;P Then I believe my testimony would incite an OBJECTION! not a vote.

Vote: Dean Harper
for using Xeno's Paradox logic.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:56 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Unvote

Originally I was going to abstain from using teams whatsoever in my analysis and ultimately judgment of others in this game. Yet I am seeing signs that others do not agree with this philosophy so forgive me if I find that getting a general consensus on whether teams should be an influence is a higher priority than using my vote to put "pressure" on someone.

I am uncomfortable with the feeling that two people of equal suspicion, held in the mind, will be unbalanced simply because their name is the same color on a list as yours. I was absent for the team-choosing portion but here are some of my general thoughts:

I believe how the two "team-leaders" stepped up to rally players was an action borne of their personalities and are independent of whether they're town or scum. Pooky's nature is to lead a group of people (see Battle Royale) in courses of action. Vollkan is an excellent analyzer of behavior in both town and scum roles.

I have some problems with armix in his vacillation of whether or not he wanted to bandwagon me. I don't understand if it was because we were in "random voting" (rephrased as OMG LIKE LETZ GO CRAZY W/VOTING WHILE WE STILL CAN) or how he actually is.

I have some problems with Dean Harper only because page three is mostly full of off-topic junk from him. However, it would be hypocritical for me to criticize this short-run behavior from him when I myself don't agree with the logic behind his vote for me for apparently exhibiting behavior when I actually wasn't here/aware of being selected for this game.

I have some problems with Adel because of team-based bandwagoning. I'm not sure if my personal sentiments effect a universal flaw/scumtell/whatever because I know myself to currently:

A. not agree with team-based voting
B. not a member of those who think vote-hopping without merit to bandwagon is effective

Thus,
FOS: armix, Dean, Adel
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Adel wrote:i just posted in the wrong game.
vote: trustgossip
Por quoi?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

I am not currently voting Dean, my
unvote
was at the top of my post. If I am in error please tell me.

In response to curious: I do not have a problem with Pooky's "we".

Could you explain your issue with it? Or is it one of those nitty little feelings you get in the bottom of your gut?

With regards to erg0: My apologies but Candy Mafia is probably the worst meta representation of me ever for certain reasons. However, as I am basing my judgment of Pooky mostly on playing Battle Royale with him, I cannot say that one game has no bearing on character.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

{present evidence}

TAKE THAT!!!
Adel wrote:Pooky was the first to attract others, Volkans was the first to fill... but I guess I see your point. I still like the wagon I'm on though, so I won't unvote.
Explain to me why you like this wagon on me.

According to your only argument, the "first" team is more likely to contain scum. I take it this means Pooky's team. Unfortunately, I'm the only person who did not get to choose his own team but was instead shuffled into the team with the open spot because I was away from the site for a while. So by your vote staying on me I take it you want information regarding my... non-commitment to a team? Even though this is counterintuitive to the only justification of your bandwagoning?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

I really don't know what to make of the game for the past few pages. I'm used to people presenting long, thorough, and carefully conceived arguments for the points they are trying to state. Regardless, I'll present what I've managed to pick out that speaks to me.

TheJiveMachine: Sorry, you aren't jiving to me. You haven't contributed any notable arguments, or arguments in general. I feel it's nothing short of a totality of apathy in your general direction. I mean really, the game is all about communication. Just Communication (Gundam Wing ^_^).

FOS: TheJiveMachine

shaft.ed: Pooky's psuedo haiku has a point. What's with the about face on pressing Adel? While I disagree with her methods at least she's encouraged discussion from our less represented participants. You're being a lil' shiiiiiifty.

FOS: shaft.ed

vollkan: teeheehee, it's just a random jokey thing! Then why are you still voting me? *frowny* I hope there is a higher purpose. Also what's the deal with just having a little aside conversation with Dean for like three pages? This isn't Shakespeare.

IGMEOY: vollkan

Pooky: You're "helpful" in the way that you give me almost no dialogue to actually analyze. Friend or foe? Will you take the money, or will we split it?

Dean and Erg0: Don't really understand the lover's quarrel, but would like more information besides your inability to communicate to each other apparently. It's Just Communication.

curious: Curiouser and curiouser! I don't really see how your questioning of Pooky is anyway equivalent to Adel's. Perhaps it was a "bubbling" affect, but I think you're the only person who focused so much on two letters. But your notation of Armix's consistent agreement with Adel seems valid.

Armix: Still don't undersand, and now with percentages? Don't you know that 83% of the world's statistics are just made up? Please clarify your "findings"

IGMEOY: armix

TG's FOSmeter!

Dean: xoo
Vollkan: ooo
Curious: ooo
Shaft.ed: xoo
Jive: xoo
Erg0: ooo
Pooky: ooo
Adel: xoo
Armix: xoo
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

armlx wrote:One scum wont vote for the other even when he's digging his own grave, but tries to look suspicious of him to distance himself. How cute.

It's such a fricking rough dilemma to decided which one we should hang up first. There's more room for JiveMachine to build on and maybe be (very lurky, very scummy) town, but the way shaft.ed is squirming is so funny I almost want to watch more of it.

Nah

Unvote, Vote shaft.ed
So you suspect Adel?

My my my. We now have a rodeo.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

oooops~<3 It appeared I overstepped myself. I should have known you were talking about Jive. WHY would I ever think that you would turncoat on your BESTEST BUDDY EVER Adel?

;P
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Dean please do something so vollkan can do something.

Also, shaft.ed, you'll basically be... well shafted if you don't do something.

LOVES YA *muah*
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

To vollkan: I have an ideological inclination against random wagoning. In addition, I thought her attitude was poor, but of course that was a ploy to generate antagonism and fish out scum, or so some have conjectured.

To Erg0: I also still have some problems with Dean, but I tend to be very careful with my voting. Plus a few players are about equal with Dean in terms of suspicion.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:22 am

Post by TrustGossip »

I can't post.

Heath Ledger is dead.

Oh my god.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

I guess my "give peace a chance" idealism was doomed to be futile. Yet even though this new mechanic is meant to divide us, our only option is to unite. With two people gone today and then one more at night, a double mislynch spells a very unpleasant Day Two.

Upon rereads, it would be prudent to give assessments on every player, not just those from the five you have to choose from for a lynch. Sorry for the recent inactivity but college is slamming me from the get-go. Here are some quick (unedited) thoughts about the recent turns of events:

Changes in levels of perceived scuminess since my last post (not the Heath Ledger one, that didn't count)

Adel: huge drop, lots of pro-town play since his early-game vote-hopping gambit.

armix: neutral, can't get a good read, but since his vote connection with Adel was scummy when Adel seemed scummy, the same applies for the current game where Adel feels very town.

curious: slight increase, don't understand your hunches much at all. Presence of both hunch logic and actual logic is slightly disarming.

vollkan: he always seems town. I don't know the weight of that statement.

shaft.ed: sinusoidal wave, currently moderately town.

Erg0: ambiguous, since he was inactive and I was also inactive, it would seem hypocritical for me to raise his scum level. I was taught that inactivity was a nulltell, but it always seems more scummy than it is.

Pooky: increase, seemed to be very insistent on using his opinions to push for a shaft.ed lynch, but the examples cited fall though upon deduction.

TheJiveMachine: even worse than before. I don't know what's going on with you, but I don't think you have the right to cop a defeatist attitude when you haven't done much of anything to help the town root out scum.

Dean: still got bad vibes. Dean is foremost reason why I kept Erg0 as ambiguous, as Erg0 was another that supported the Dean wagon. I just get bad feelings about comments that are supposed to help but don't really give any new angles or aspects on already established arguments. I would really like him to weigh in on everything that has happened, along with Erg0.

As far as my vote goes. I've already stated that I'm very careful with it. That being said, for the following reasons:

1. Not giving opinions on fellow players.
2. Constantly playing the defensive when not being inactive
3. Giving up when it's obvious there is still discussion to be had

vote: TheJiveMachine

For the record, although my vote tends to be very sticky, this is my suspicion list to all applicable players.

Jive
curious
shaft.ed - vollkan
Adel
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

I remember reading that rule, but I think I only recalled the sardonic wit of the second portion and not the game-defining information of the first.

:X
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

An ultimatum to TheJiveMachine:

You seem to question yourself a lot in your posts. Why is that? The answer may belie more than you'd think.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Adel wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:Adel I must admit I'm intrigued. I haven't seen you mention armlx outside of a mild back and forth with CKD.
mini 518 demonstrated how astute ckd cn be as town, and I figure that if he is scum than his hunch may just be a scum-distancing technique.
well it was pretty easy having "hunches" when you were the cop.
Mini 518 is irrelevant.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

armlx wrote:the TG votes early is really suspicious.
Is TG refering to me? Also Adel's been shadowing you? I seem to have read things the other way around...
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:28 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Wow that's so much of a transparent and needlessly ballsy tactic that I completely did not consider it.

>_>
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:10 am

Post by TrustGossip »

armlx wrote:
Adel wrote:I wasn't.
(In reference to following me on wagons)
Adel wrote:
armlx wrote:Actually, Trust, I'm fairly sure non-commitment is the most scummy thing you can do.

However, my sick reads tell me you aren't scum. Neither is Ergo.

Unvote

Guess I'll do this

Vote curiouskarmadog

Smacking Pooky too hard for the wrong reasons. Could be double scum tell (makes valid arguement vs other scum that isn't enough to get him lynched, good set up for both), rather lynch him and find out.
I like those reason -- much better than my current ones.
unvote, vote:curiouskarmadog
There's that. Then there's the post where Adel says "It's all in you mind" and follows my vote. The one time I was on a wagon after Adel was in response to that person's response to the wagon (JiveMachine, responded to 2 votes with D=....) rather than this direct barnacling.
That was about a page after you voted, and after Jive committed some egregious breaches of "town-play". I still don't really understand why you're even making these arguments though, Adel isn't exactly your direct competition of a lynch candidate. Are you trying to say I trust him too much?

I really wish Jive didn't just give up. It's really not all over, giving a defense at least is pro-town, even if you do eventually get lynched. Despite what you'd think, your input would help us Jive.

Also
Mod:
can we get a prod for Dean?

Unvote: TheJiveMachine
as a peace offering. Now please just... say something.

-_-[/b]
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:13 am

Post by TrustGossip »

armlx wrote:L-1, should prolly start saying stuff.
Wait a minute. HOW THE CRAP ARE YOU AT L-1?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:09 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Well he's not doing much of anything with my vote on him, that's for sure. Unvoting is safer all around.

Mod:
This is the only twist during Day One correct? I don't want some random reward going to the team that lynches first or something :D
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

shaft.ed wrote:OK I got a re-skim in.

Overall I would rank the five players from scummy to townie as:
1) armlx
1) Pooky
3) Erg0
4) Dean
5) TG

armlx: Posted the most content (wordwise) of his team outside of maybe TG. But had a few minor tells early in the day. Like reluctance to vote someone to 3 but happy to jump on as a second vote. Then proceeded to make a pretty firm declaration of people's alignments before there was really any discernable evidence to move on. Didn't really explain this too well to vollkan. Also joined in with Pooky in fanning the flames while I was first in line to be lynched.

Pooky: I rank him at the top with armlx in level of scuminess but for different reasons. Has posted very little content to be caught up on, so unsurprisingly no glaring issues with his posts. He has significantly fanned the flames against me and other players without adding anything to the argument. Also debated with Vollkan about actually needing a reason to lynch someone. This is crazy in my mind.

Erg0: Erg0 and Dean both have hardly anything in the way of posting. I only rank Erg0 above Dean because Erg0 was quite active in the early game but seemed to take a back seat once strong bandwagons became apparent. To me this is scummier than just lurking the whole game as Dean did.

Dean: Chronic lurker. Very little content to go on. Would vie for a replacement before a lynch.

TG: One of the two actual contributors of team L-Unit. Has put his opinions on the line and backed them up much better than his other teamates. Seems to actually be scum hunting instead of going for the path of least resistance.

All tolled I'd be happy today with either a Pooky or armlx lynch. I'd like to let vollkan weigh in before I register a vote for armlx. Also want to note that in a couple hours I'll be away from the internets until likely Monday so I'm sorry if this holds the game up any.
Good freaking posting :D If I was on your team, I would also definitely wait until Dean was replaced. Nice catch on Erg0. Even though I have voiced my opinions on Dean, there have been much better targets and Erg0 has hardly weighed in upon that matter.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Faking the forgetting of a changed game mechanic is a little too high level of a gambit for me personally.

To Pooky: By nightless you mean the scum have no nightkill, correct? Also, I can see your reasonings for vollkan as I've also noticed a significant departure from his usual play, but I have many more issues with Jive and curious at the moment.

Speaking of which,

Vote: curiouskarmadog

I would like you to tell me how you play based on hunches, and also why you felt the need to put words in Jive's mouth before putting him at L-2 prior to the final diagnostic.

Same with armix. Why did you feel the need to put Jive at L-1?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

I am saying that I would think you'd like to draw more information out of Jive before voting him and that it seemed unusual to me that you would vote without asking for discussion of the matter from other players.

If this meta read of you is inaccurate please correct me.

It also means I have a healthy suspicion of you because you always seem to play pro-town no matter the alignment, and the fact that you WEREN'T one of primary contributor of good discussion worried me.

Basically I'm saying that I am disappointed :/

Sorry.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:so I am scummy because I INFORMED YOU that my vote was based on a hunch? or am I scummy because at the moment I HAVE NOT jumped on the current leaders (or BWs) of those "acting scummy"?
You state the previous not as questions to Jive, but not as any kind of provable statement on Jive's intentions. So what are they?

I think they are words that are put in other people's mouths.

Otherwise there's no real reason to say such things when the person in question is slowly dying down and losing interest and becomes admissive of his own fate and blah blah blah.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:16 am

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
TrustGossip wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:so I am scummy because I INFORMED YOU that my vote was based on a hunch? or am I scummy because at the moment I HAVE NOT jumped on the current leaders (or BWs) of those "acting scummy"?
You state the previous not as questions to Jive, but not as any kind of provable statement on Jive's intentions. So what are they?

I think they are words that are put in other people's mouths.

Otherwise there's no real reason to say such things when the person in question is slowly dying down and losing interest and becomes admissive of his own fate and blah blah blah.
that is a stretch..he said I was scummy for voting on a hunch...I wanted to know why...both were in the form of a question, because I was wanted information from him which is how we form a request (in a question)...noting your bull shit here.
Just because you feel you've toppled one of my points does not defeat the entire argument. That would be a fallacy and I know you'd never
intentionally
strawman, because that would just be
scummy
now wouldn't it?

It still stands that your hunch-based voting was completely irrelevant and unhelpful. Your only vote of any merit was the one on Jive Machine, and that was only after three other people had already leveled good arguments and voted him already. You cannot escape inquisition by dismissing everything I say as bullshit.

<3
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:15 am

Post by TrustGossip »

I hope people do not take offense to this, but I am completely swooning over Pooky and Adel. There's a reason why Adel is crystalline logic and Pooky just came through with the resolution of an after-school special. I am held under their sway not because of charisma, but by the involiable stuff of credibility. They make complete and perfect sense and are actually playing the game.

A note to curious: I tend to respond stronger than intended when I find cussing in my general direction. It is a simple matter of reciprocation. My vote to you probably comes off harsher than it seems as I tend to put a lot of weight on my voting, but given the current situation it is the only choice other than unvoting. And voting you gives more information than not voting you.

Instead of attacking my argument and OMGUSing my credibility, you could perhaps give your opinions on everyone else in the game? Does that seem unreasonable?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:39 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Mod:
maybe we please get some kind of deadline for TheJiveMachine and Dean Harper to post as well as a prod?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:19 am

Post by TrustGossip »

I don't really understand what Erg0 is doing. I have a feeling Dean has totally flaked but the only thing from Erg0 I've seen is his suspicion of Dean like 8 pages ago.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:19 am

Post by TrustGossip »

For once I tend to agree with Pooky.

His post feels a little barnacle-y, in addition he was barnacle-y to Adel's playstyle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't two barnacles make a scum?

Unvote

Heavy FOS: armix

As in, once I hear an update on all the lurkers and if they aren't horrendously suspicious...

*bang*
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:58 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Second
, unfortunately.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Unsecond

This is actually a really fun game with perhaps the most productive discussion of any game I've been in, so I don't care waiting more than 96 hours.

You guys rock :)
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Vote: TheJiveMachine

It's been more than 72 hours since you've promised content. I'm sorry but my patience is exhausted.

FOS: Erg0
:x
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

In response to shaft.ed: I'm gay, what can I say?

Ok seriously though, just because I'm overexcited that people are actually playing the game well doesn't make me a brownnoser.

In addition, what about vollkan is making him a "great scumhunter" as you say? Sure Pooky's argument about his numbers is kind of weak (and a little contrived
Minor FOS: Pooky
) His major caveat in this game is his case against TheJiveMachine, who was the most obvious/weakest target at the time.

I'm sorry vollkan, but I hold you up to a more rigorous amount of inquiry. It's only because you behave consistently pro-town regardless of alignment. I know I am perpetrating the Too Townie fallacy to an extent, but I can't help being wary. If you have an FBI investigator that is fantastic at what he does, upon defection
no one would ever know

That being said, I think a vollkan lynch is ill-advised at this stage in the game.

In addition:
A Partial Analysis of Scum-Hunting Strategies Based on Observation and Self-Admission.

Pooky: jabbing at who he believes is "so scum". Observes general reactions. Changes to building a case against vollkan within the last few pages.

armix: "acting as scummy as possible" - this entails the early rally against Pooky and the non-vote against myself. Uses numbers early, tries to establish that Erg0 and I are "safes". Serves as primary jumping board for Adel's second vote gambits. L-1 of Jive proves catalyst for beginning of diagnostic period.

vollkan: Three major periods - 1. Push of a Jive lynch, 2. Continued and prolonged case/argument against Pooky, 3. Reanalysis of all players in the game due to change in the game mechanic.

shaft.ed: Upon Adel/Pooky/armix pressure he responds with 183, enough for Adel to unvote. vollkan also responds positively to this response. Key player along with vollkan and Adel in making Pooky open up. As the heat has died down so has shaft.ed's activity until just now.

Erg0: no recent developments (bad). Has only really ever mentally sparred with Adel and pushed for a Dean wagon.

Adel: long and varied list o- attempt at consolidating: Bandwagons nearly everyone, frequently piggybacking off armix. Strategy changes mid-game as she uses this information to begin the flurry of activity upon Jive and shaft.ed. Currently voting armix.

curious: hunch votes on Pooky and armix. Votes Jive after a wagon is well-established already. Returns to armix vote during diagnostic period.

Dean: absolutely nothing.

TheJiveMachine: no notable hunting, extremely wishy-washy (upon Adel's disapproval of his FOS, he upgrades to a vote soon after).

TrustGossip's current thoughts:

armix (& Adel): Your play was actually pretty decent before your L-1. I'd would like you to return to that level of boldness, as in, what are your current opinions on the rest of the group. I realize there is an urge to pander simply because you are at L-2, but I believe this is important. Also, am I supposed to believe your initial panic post was an overemphasis on your early-game actions? Because your "barning of Pooky and non-vote on TG" is really not equivalent to Adel's actions. I would also like Adel to respond to my partial deconstruction of her argument. In reality it was you who barnacled to curious after armix, and his only barnacling of you was in your wagon against Jive but that was only
after
curious wagoned.

curious: Where is that opinion post that you promised?

To everyone on NLU: I would encourage a few pressure votes against Erg0 and Dean, Erg0 especially because he seems to be extremely active in other games, so his lack of response here is negligent (criminal or otherwise has yet to be determined).
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #34) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
armlx wrote:Just what makes you so sure? I'm actually 90% sure you have posted no more reason than your "hunch", unless I missed it.
you havent, this game is in line to do a PbP, however, there are two games in front of this one that I either promised a read (because I replaced in) or a reread..I will get to it when I can...
Apologies, I did not know what a PbP was. Take your time.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #35) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:48 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Unfos: Armix

Thank you. I also agree with your assessment of CKD. It was the first time in the game I've used my vote as a weapon in scumhunting and I believe I fished out a satisfactory result.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #36) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:51 am

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:If I should hang, I am curious
Ok, I can't help it.

I LOLed.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #37) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:09 am

Post by TrustGossip »

shaft.ed wrote:
TG wrote:
Vote: TheJiveMachine
TG wrote:His(vollkan) major caveat in this game is his case against TheJiveMachine, who was the most obvious/weakest target at the time.
This doesn't read as conflicted to you?
Did I imply anything negative about vollkan?

And exactly why is he a presence in most of your posting?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #38) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I have been lynched so many times on silly scum driven accusations of overreacting it is not even funny.
Maybe it would help if you didn't play into their hands with your histrionics. In addition, said behavior hinders town because it's out of the ordinary and would detract from finding scum.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #39) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Adel wrote:I still think that both scum are in team LU.
Er... I thought there were three...?

@ Erg0: I don't know if this is playstyle issue or what, but I'd rather you weigh in on your suspicions of people instead of directing a question at someone who is unlikely to answer anyway.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #40) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
TrustGossip wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:I have been lynched so many times on silly scum driven accusations of overreacting it is not even funny.
Maybe it would help if you didn't play into their hands with your histrionics. In addition, said behavior hinders town because it's out of the ordinary and would detract from finding scum.
that is all you gathered from our conversation....try taking a stance...is overreacting scummy? was I overreacting? am I scummy?
Like I have said before, my vote on you was meant to draw out some sort of response. Your response was more vigorous than I anticipated. I find this as distracting and maybe scummy.

curious, I may be off the mark in suspecting you, but just for future reference, overly emotional play tends to be bad for town. In addition, we already have in our game and example when posting in haste was seen as scummy (Pooky v. shaft.ed).

In the interests of expanding our knowledge (and giving you an opportunity to stop being on the defensive), who do you find scummy on your
own
team and why?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #41) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

vollkan wrote:
CKD wrote: Thats a combination of posts 298-300. Also at the tail end of your post before this it starts as well. And the fact it was a triple post implies the posts were extremely hasty, implying an extremely aggressive reaction.

Over reaction is scummy as it implies you have a lot more on the line with the lynch, which a scum would (especially in a nightless game, losing 1 of 2 or 3 members is a much bigger blow than losing one of 7 or 8). It also implies that you are being a lot more wary of single votes on you, which is scummy for the same reasons.
OBJECTION!

I love the syllogistic thinking :roll:

Triple posting is aggressive over-reaction
Aggressive over-reaction is scummy
Triple posting is scummy

I dispute the first line entirely, and I dispute the reliability of the second line. The third line, then, is just ridiculous.
armlx wrote:
There's one other reason I can think of for overreactions, and it's that you are a completely incompetent newbie. You offered to do a PbP, so that is blown out of the water.
Have you meta'd CKD? Is he normally calm, cool and collected?
armlx wrote: Also, it's not even just the triple posts. Did you read what you said in those? It doesn't even make sense, you use the word bull shit actual infi times.
It makes sense to me. Sure, it isn't exactly eloquent, but it is still intelligible.

I also fail to see why the use of "bull shit" is relevant. Mentally change it to "falderal" or "rot" if you must, but it doesn't mean anything/
armlx wrote: You claim that voting on a hunch isn't scummy b/c you told use you were doing it. Because honesty makes everything better.
I agree with you here; hunch voting is bad. Admitting it makes no difference, because the problem in hunch play is that it makes an unchallengeable statement.
armlx wrote: Dear god, if that wasn't an over reaction I would love to see what is.
armlx wrote:te on why CKD's #360 was an over-reaction?
armlx wrote: Double posting on its own isn't over reacting, however in that situation it clearly was.
"Clearly was"? Prove it.

FoS: armlx
Were you so excited by your indictment of armix that you couldn't get your quote tags right?

:roll:
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #42) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

^ Lol this hilarious, I am apparently eating my own foot.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #43) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:11 am

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I feel like this situation is great for the town at this point. It has spawned conversation and shows you really are pushing a vote based on absolutely nothing.
Good posting.

Yes, I wouldn't mind Armix going, but I would really want fresh replacements for Dean and Jive.

I'm still a little annoyed that all Erg0 deigns to provide for us is a question for Jive. You've been gone quite a while and you really think that question is the best to ask in order to help us at the moment?

Weak.

I would also like Adel to post a more substantial weigh-in of the current situation(s).
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #44) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:33 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Don't you know? 86% of statistics on the internet are completely made up!
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #45) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:48 am

Post by TrustGossip »

@ Erg0, sorry, I did not see Post 381.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #46) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:14 am

Post by TrustGossip »

My vote isn't any threat on Jive. I wanted to give curious some breathing room and would rather have my vote putting weight on
something
at least.

I don't see why it's notable or how it would be a source of bother to you.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #47) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:01 am

Post by TrustGossip »

I am not going to post until prods are picked up / ignored -> replace.

Aseptic technique, don't stir the culture medium.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #48) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:18 am

Post by TrustGossip »

L/A ---> Wednesday
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #49) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:22 am

Post by TrustGossip »

When I was asking for replacements, I was envisioning the pot being stirred. I did not foresee the pot tipping over and all the porridge spilling on the floor.

Confirm vote: Beep

L/A still.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #50) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

*cricket*
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #51) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

I'm pretty sure half the people left after armix was lynched.

Why.

Kinda douche-y: People who aren't posting
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #52) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
megaFOS Erg0
QFT, also do we just do nothing for a bit while the scum chat it up?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #53) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

I'd just like to say my current suspicions are of Erg0 and curiouskarmadog.

I think everyone should weigh in on what they feel about the game so far/who's scummy/who's not so scummy/et cetera before we get people jumping up and down going "I want to the be leader!"

After that, I think the best way to choose leader is majority rule. It's better than nominations or dice/random.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #54) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I nominate myself to be the leader...think I have a good hold on this game.
T_T
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (isolation #55) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

shaft.ed wrote:Don't like the CKD Adel buddying continuation. Won't support either for leader.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #56) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

vollkan wrote:Preferential voting ftw:

My suspicions of NLU in reverse shall determine my nomination preferences:
1) shaft.ed
2) Adel
3) CKD

Thus, my support goes to shaft.ed.
Why do you restrict yourself to NLU? The teams have dissolved. Your dismissal of half the people in the game is interesting.

At the moment the only reason I can think of for this development is that you harbor some kind of ire for Pooky. Which is odd because you don't seem the type of person to take things personally. Please elaborate on why you've done this.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #57) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

curious.

I'm not about to do a 180 just because armix was unveiled as scum. His machinations against you could very well be an elaborate distancing attempt as the town began to sniff him out.

I have major problems with how eager you piped up to be the leader upon your "successful" lynch of armix.

Town doesn't get that heady and powerhungry. It seems more like you thought your bus was successful.

Do not expect me to relent on you for even a moment.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #58) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Adel wrote:I would support Trust Gossip or Shaft.ed as the first target of such an interrogation.
Is this any implication on what alignment you suspect us as or would revealing that information ruin your "formulas"?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #59) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

This isn't even a stage of the game where
Voting
is even viable, Adel. Please spare the theatrics.

Also curious, why have you been asking that EXACT SAME QUESTION for over half the game?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #60) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Erg0 wrote:
TrustGossip wrote:I'd just like to say my current suspicions are of Erg0 and curiouskarmadog.
Once again, I find this strange. It appears that you're trying to distance yourself from a townie lynch that you were on yourself. In fact, you confirmed your vote on Beep on the last page, which would indicate that you had some belief that he was scum.
A far second to curious.

Unfortunately, you weren't really
participating
in the phase of the game where I pushed hard for a curious lynch, but I eventually gave up in favor of trying to get a lurker to post more. My confirm was more of a reminder to Beep to play the game past his defense of his armix hammer. All we really got from Beep was his hammer, and not that much about what he felt about everyone else.

Adel: I don't really understand how you've arrived at your impression of me. I would just like to remind you that someone who muddies the waters isn't necessarily doing so because he would like to cloud your vision, but because he's searching for something important in the lake floor.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #61) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Let's see, I was right about Beep Beep

I was right about Armlx

Can I get some credit here clowns?
You weren't right about Beep Beep, you just wouldn't stop staring at vollkan's ass.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #62) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Erg0 wrote:Oh, so you didn't really
want
to lynch him, you were just leaving your vote on him as we approached deadline in order to encourage him to post?
Did I stutter?

0_o;;
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #63) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Why would I worry about how I look?

That seems like something scum would worry about.

Would you know anything about how certain actions could make
you
look?

Oh wait...
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #64) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

In case you didn't catch the sarcasm...

You are so incredibly WIFOM it makes me ill.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (isolation #65) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

TrustGossip wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
megaFOS Erg0
QFT, also do we just do nothing for a bit while the scum chat it up?
This is my immediate attempt to distance myself from the lynch?

It's so threatening I don't see where the distancing is.

I must not be looking hard enough.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #66) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Also, your claim that I'm on shaky ground doesn't hold water. It's like trying to say a sleeping person looks nervous.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #67) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Why wouldn't people check the votecount??? I don't really understand what hypothetical logic you're using. I was agreeing with Pooky in his assessment of you. In addition, I've suspected you and CDK all game, calling my actions distancing is a gross removal of context.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #68) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Adel wrote:The woman who carries a cod next to her liver is likely to remain free from cold. Your point?
But she isn't. It's codliver oil. At least my metaphor made sense...
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #69) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Erg0 wrote:I was emphasising the point that you completely ignored the fact that you'd contributed to a townie's lynch, and focused instead on going after me, apparently for the same thing.
I don't think I was going after anyone. What I wanted was for everyone to weigh in on the aftermath before we decided on a leader. I didn't want the game to degrade into a "he said, she said" but that's apparently what happened.

Then I get you and Adel smacking me in the face. I am currently more confused than trying to string you up or something. Also I think you're confusing me defending against you as attacking.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #70) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

vollkan wrote:
TG wrote: Why wouldn't people check the votecount??? I don't really understand what hypothetical logic you're using. I was agreeing with Pooky in his assessment of you. In addition, I've suspected you and CDK all game, calling my actions distancing is a gross removal of context.
Two comments:
1) As far as I can see, the only constant grounds of complaint you have had against Erg0 has been inactivity. That's fine; I hate lurking also - but it doesn't qualify as you having "suspected" Erg0 "all game".
2) Explain why you agree with Pooky's megaFoS
1) Are you saying I am misrepresenting myself because I was attacking a ghost or that I wasn't attacking a ghost enough?
2) I am town. Armix was scum. I don't understand Erg0's sudden compulsion of "I feel I should vote now. Beep is the lynch today. Mum's the word, pip pip cheerio."
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #71) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:30 am

Post by TrustGossip »

I would be comfortable with Adel, vollkan, or shaft.ed as leader. If you forced me to rank them it'd probably be.

1. vollkan
2. shaft.ed
3. adel
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (isolation #72) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:33 am

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I nominate myself to be the leader...think I have a good hold on this game.
This is my problem.

Especially in the relation that it's 3 minutes after Claus's announcement of our task for this session.

In addition I specifically requested that this kind of thing doesn't happen. Even though it took longer to write my post and thus I was not able to put these requests immediately after Claus's announcement, I still wanted people to give their opinions on everyone before we started this nomination process.

If you think this is domineering then I don't totally disagree, but there's a very special reason behind my request.

Don't bother now, the soup's spoiled.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #73) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:08 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Upon a half re-read I am stuffing Erg0 and curious in my Closet of Temporary Confidence.

I will not reveal who has been replaced as the fingeree of suspicion until after we decide on a leader.

*We have technology now that allows us to dig in the lake without causing occlusion due to disturbing the sediment! The marvels of science!*
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #74) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:04 am

Post by TrustGossip »

You're right shaft.ed

I was suspicious of Beep!. I refused to believe that he could commit to an action like voting without a full reread and understanding of the current atmosphere of the game. So yes, I found his hammering of armix very damaging to his credibility. Hence the reminder to him and to others of my vote on him.

Do not accuse me of hiding behind a vote. Yes it was pressure, but there was intent behind it.

I did not MegaFOS anyone.

QFT of Pooky is decidedly different, especially since I wasn't online at the time of Erg0's vote to respond in any way. I also tend to trust people more than I should, so I did not take the threat of armix as scum seriously enough.

This was a major error on my part, I am sorry.

CDK. I don't find overreaction scummy. In addition, your interrogation of me was extremely helpful. Thank you.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #75) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:05 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Don't you feel this is a little 20/20 hindsight? Why did you not make this statement before the lynch occured?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #76) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Frankly speaking, let's decide on a leader so we can vote the shit out of each other already.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #77) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Support: vollkan
as team leader.

I chalk a substantial portion of my actions towards Erg0 as "OMG A TOWNIE LYNCH WHO ELSE VOTED!" type reaction. Another portion is that I still remember Erg0's support of my Dean opinion in the beginning of the game as odd, especially as Adel at the time was acting more suspicious. (I was poking around at Dean and did not really expect a companion...)

ckd, I am tenuously at neutral with you right now as your recent comments seem very proactive. If you would like me to admit it, then yes, I did find your overreaction to my one vote as scummy. Something in the content and sheer shock value surprised me. I interpretted that surprise as a possible scumtell.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #78) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Adel wrote:
vote: Trustgossip
for a lynch.
This is a clarification correct? As in "not a wagon, this is not a press for information, I believe this is person is the best lynch for today."

Basically I'm asking if this is another gambit/ploy. But of course, I don't expect to get a straight answer either way. That's generally the reason I don't appreciate gambits all that much.

I am disappointed I have shaken your confidence.

Oh well.

Vote: Pooky
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (isolation #79) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Adel wrote:Fos everyone who posted in other games while not voting for a leader in this game. Does anyone want to do the gruntwork of identifying those players?
Is it my fault vollkan turned out to be the Kucinich of Day Two?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #80) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:19 am

Post by TrustGossip »

I don't really mind people voting me. It seems a vote requirement must be met for the second phase of day to occur. I'd rather that happen without too much wasted pontification and then CDK can invoke whatever ability or subject of interest that ABR had planned.

Just saying though, doing a re-read, I don't see how you got to the "shaft.ed/TG" scumgroup conjecture.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #81) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:32 am

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:if you are town, and you win if we lynch scum..why are you ok with people voting you?

and I have a feeling if we lynch incorrectly it is my ass on the line, so I would like to do it correctly.
Why are you needlessly conjecturing when it seems wagon number is the trigger for more the interesting and information-filled portion of day?

Also I don't believe a lynch can occur without the diagnostic period coming into effect. It's then the twist will be revealed and hopefully some concrete or close-to-concrete information will offer itself to us.

I am simply offering myself as a convenient way to hasten this process.

I don't believe this action is anti-town.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #82) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Erg0 wrote:
TrustGossip:
Starts with minor suspicion of early wagoning, then reates armlx as neutral in 246. In 329 he finds armlx barnacle-y, giving him a "heavy FoS" pending lurker prods. Pushes for some answers in 351, and unFoSes in 354, agreeing with armlx's assessment of ckd's overreaction. Sticks by this in 372, but then says in 385 that he "wouldn't mind armlx going",
which seems very inconsistent with his recent posting.
This rings alarm bells for me.
Could you please refer to the posts that the bolded section refers to?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (isolation #83) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Erg0 wrote:Sorry, that wasn't phrased very well - by "recent posting" I meant posts immediately prior to your statement in 385. In other words, posts 354 and 372.
I don't see how my clarifications on why I voted CDK would be related to my not-minding an armix lynch. I came to my case on CDK independently of armix, I feel most people forget this.

I suppose I am coming to understand the consensus that I am a scumbuddy with armix.

This is how I understand what is construed as scummy in my play so far.

1. My vote on Beep!
2. My echoing of Pooky's sentiments on Erg0
3. My sentiments on CKD's actions mirroring that of a revealed Mafia

1. I was working on a variety of ways to make Jive talk. I was aggrieved at Beep!'s hammer and then subsequent explanation of not understand game mechanics. I failed to see how not having a good grasp of the game would also compel someone to hammer. Yes originally it was a vote because I found him scummy. Pressure was designed to make him say more than his cursory re-read impressions. I didn't think it was possible for him to be telling the truth about his vote. I was in error.

2. I was away for Beep!'s lynch. I reacted without considering the possibility that my scum-to-neutral impression of Erg0 would be unaltered given his second vote. I thought it was a scum quicklynch and did not bother to check timestamps or any of the more appropriate actions going into Day Two. I was in error.

3. CDK constantly asked me whether or not I thought overreacting was scummy. I thought this was annoying because it was basically asking me if I echoed armix's theories. I found his particular sequence of posts after my vote as an anomaly at that current stage of the game. If I pushed the CDK case more than what would be considered "appropriate", I suppose it was more for a case study on CDK's character. I don't really know. I suppose it was re-OMGUS in a way.

I really doubt this will convince anyone of anything. In fact, I know plenty of people who would say something along the lines of, "Why is he giving such a verbose defense when he isn't even close to lynch yet?" I just wanted people to know my thoughts on the matter and on my own actions. Given the reasonings stated by other players, I can clearly see where people would find shadows from the light of good intentions.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #84) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:55 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Erg0 wrote:
TrustGossip wrote:

Thank you. I also agree with your assessment of CKD. It was the first time in the game I've used my vote as a weapon in scumhunting and I believe I fished out a satisfactory result.
This is post 354. Although some of the post is about ckd, the context is of you agreeing with armlx and withdrawing a prior FoS on him - hence, you're giving a favourable opinion on armlx in this post. Your case on ckd may be independent of this opinion, but you definitely are giving an opinion on him here.
I think it's only human to have some amount of trust on a person who agrees with your opinion. In retrospect, I was so focused on CDK that I didn't consider armix much. Then again, it wasn't exactly my imperative to do so, he was on my team after all and not a possible lynch candidate for myself. Perhaps you should dredge up my summary posts on the entire population instead of this passing comment that is only notable in hindsight. The post cited gives no evidence that I had insider knowledge of armix's alignment. Your crusade is maligned.

It's interesting how those being on the offensive on Day One are now the defenders of Day Two. Maybe I should try less hard next time.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (isolation #85) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:25 am

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I am done here.."maybe you should try less hard next time"..please...how sad.
Yeah... it seems "overreacting" is just what you do best.

Perhaps you should reread my post, as it clearly was not as inflammatory as you had thought when you wrote this.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #86) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:26 am

Post by TrustGossip »

In addition.

Is your name Erg0?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #87) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:08 am

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
TrustGossip wrote:
Erg0 wrote:
TrustGossip wrote:

This is post 354. Although some of the post is about ckd, the context is of you agreeing with armlx and withdrawing a prior FoS on him - hence, you're giving a favourable opinion on armlx in this post. Your case on ckd may be independent of this opinion, but you definitely are giving an opinion on him here.
I think it's only human to have some amount of trust on a person who agrees with your opinion. In retrospect, I was so focused on CDK that I didn't consider armix much. Then again, it wasn't exactly my imperative to do so, he was on my team after all and not a possible lynch candidate for myself. Perhaps you should dredge up my summary posts on the entire population instead of this passing comment that is only notable in hindsight. The post cited gives no evidence that I had insider knowledge of armix's alignment. Your crusade is maligned.

It's interesting how those being on the offensive on Day One are now the defenders of Day Two. Maybe I should try less hard next time.

what a ridiculous post on all accounts. I remember you pressuring me to review my team mates..it wasnt imperative that I do so, but I did. You see, the big difference between you and me, is I want to scum hunt. Wasnt I on the offense yesterday, oh thats right..I was just over reacting.

I am done here.."maybe you should try less hard next time"..please...how sad.

vote TG.
How is this a valid set of reasoning for a vote? All I really see is, "your opinion of me does not agree with the image I have projected of myself, you totally suck and you're not trying because you were so focused on me for Day One. That is dumb because I am a shining beacon of pro-town-ness"

I have also already stated that I am very busy this week due to exams.

I am unable to provide a full retrospective of armix at this time
which is why I suggested myself as a wagon target so we could move to diagnostic.

There is more than one way to be pro-town

@ Erg0: I seriously fail to see why armix and I are now best buddies. My unfos was because I believed his opinion. He wasn't really on my radar because I was much more focused on the other team and Erg0 and Dean Harper inspired more suspicion in my heart than armix did. I am being honest.
If your whole case is based on my incorrect value judgment of armix, then I suggest you find a different angle. Then again, I I still don't really mind the attention all that much. As soon as people find the target of "bilateral action against the common enemy" (in Pooky's words) we can move onto diagnostic. I have stated repeatedly that I do not mind being this person. Instead of needlessly analyzing me in a period where votes don't weigh as much as in the latter stage, just vote me already.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (isolation #88) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 am

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:did I say that was my only reason?
Did you give any indication that it wasn't?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (isolation #89) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:02 am

Post by TrustGossip »

shaft.ed wrote:TG, you've mentioned that you don't mind being the guy that is sent to L-1 in order to get to the twist phase. You aren't the least bit afraid you might get hammered by someone before a mod checks in to send the game into the twist?

And thanks Claus
I would be lying to say I wouldn't mind being hammered, because this is the most enjoyable game I'm in by far. However, at the time being I'm the most "pro-armix" player it seems. I agreed with this opinion, and extended a certain level of trust. If my lynch would improve the chances of town deducing the correct person on Day Three, of course I wouldn't mind.

@ Erg0: I don't really see how "not minding" an armix lynch is really that much of an issue. Like I said, I really wasn't focused on armix at all, because he was on my own team. During Day One I suspected everyone on my own team far more than the other team, and CDK was simply the most aberrant out of the five at the time I began my arguments against him. My comments towards armix were appropriately cursory, I jabbed at a lot of people yesterday.

@ cdk: It's difficult to do a complete re-read when I'm verbally sparring with 3+ people. My last exam is on Thursday, perhaps it will come then. I'm trying to post as much "content" without the egregious time requirement of a full re-read. I know this won't satisfy you, but perhaps it will placate you for a few days.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (isolation #90) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:36 am

Post by TrustGossip »

vollkan wrote:
TrustGossip to armlx

2: Weak FoS attack on armlx for "his vacillation of whether or not he wanted to bandwagon me" (the hamster affair I assume). He also throws FoSes on Dean (for junk posts) and Adel (team-based BWing). Given that TG does the same for Dean and Adel, I am not going to say the treatment of armlx looks like distancing, but I don't rule it out either.
6: TG FoSes TJM, shaft.ed, vollkan and IGMEOYs armlx. His reasons for armlx are the weakest (he wants armlx to clarify his findings)
12: Neutral with no "good read"
18: "Doesn't understand" why armlx is accusing Adel of following him. This sentence confuses me: "I still don't really understand why you're even making these arguments though, Adel isn't exactly your direct competition of a lynch candidate." @TG: What did you mean by "direct competition of a lynch candidate"?
29: Thinks that armlx is "barnacle-y" and places a "Heavy FoS" on armlx, contigent on lurkers not being "horrendously suspicious".
33: Questions Armlx and Adel in conjunction
35: UnFoSes after armlx posts content and actually agrees with armlx on CKD. It's interesting that the "Heavy FoS" dissipates just because of a content posting. - when the basis for the FoS was armix being barnacle-y
43: Now he flips around, without explanation, and "wouldn't mind Armix going".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Right, we've had TG making kidglove attacks on armlx and others early on. Then he goes neutral. Then he beefs it up to a "Heavy fos" for barnacle-y play, which he then drops once armlx posts content and, in fact, agrees with in pursuit of CKD. Then he flips round again and says he wouldn't mind armlx going. I agree with Erg0 that "This rings alarm bells for me."
The reason for much of your confusion regarding my interactions with armix is due to my own confusion. I had a very difficult time determining if armix was sticking onto Adel or if Adel was sticking onto armix. After Adel revealed that she was gambitting, this perplexity did not disappear. It stretched throughout most of Day One. As an attempt to rid myself of this distraction I tried to put Adel and armix on the backburner in my mind.

When armix pulled out his gambit excuse at L-1, this flooded my brain with memories of the early game connections with Adel and prompted my HeavyFOS simply because it filled me with a sense of "WTF". When he stickied onto my initial attack on CDK, I should have sensed this was a trend, but I was so relieved that someone actually saw what I saw that I didn't. I suppose I did an extreme disservice to the town by being so easy, but at this point I'm trying to put down in words exactly what I was thinking/feeling/believing during Day One as a response to your inquiries.

I would like to say that it's difficult for me to want to do an independent investigation on what everyone said on Day One with this heavy scrutiny. Of course I understand that this is natural given my poor assumptions of armix yesterday.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (isolation #91) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:39 am

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Well then, dont ask stupid questions until you have.
Could you be less helpful? Also is my analysis of Day One the only way I can contribute? Or do you think that my recent posts are an exceedingly contrived defense / full of crap?

Oh wait, I guess I just asked a stupid question.

@ everyone: I also suppose antagonism towards CDK was also a major factor in my play yesterday.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #92) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Page 8 is very intriguing. I will start what may become a very laborious reanalysis on this page (or I could stop at this page, depends on how much discussion is generated).

Here are my comments on the shaft.ed discussion, both past and present (as in CDK, I am giving a reflection on an aspect of Day One that's not about me and armix, since it seems we've now both completely tired of that subject).

Post 183 is pivotal:
shaft.ed wrote:
vollkan wrote: smart enough to know random wagoning from dodgy vote-hopping. I find it very hard to believe that you would mistakenly take issue with Adel's wagoning - and then try and peg it on meta rather than on the fact that it was apparent random wagoning.
I've actually never played in a game with unabashed bandwagon hopping to the extreme that Adel was using. The times I have seen heavy bandwagoning it has been either from scum or from townies that end up outing power roles, so I don't like it. The uses of heavy bandwagoning in my experience are 1) to pressure a player into a poor response thus building a case on them [usually scum], 2) to counterattack players who vote the wagoner [generally from scum] or 3) simply to generate discussion and latch onto "odd" reactions to the wagon
. Since Adel was jumping off wagons before they could get going I knew it wasn't #1. So I wanted to see how she would react to some votes being added to her in order to discern between 2 & 3. She didn't heavily attack me or CKD for our votes and she did point out JiveMachines discrepency, this lead me to believe she was motivated to move the game out of random and generate some useful leads. My post saying as such was obviously lazy and incorrect.
vollkan wrote:What response are you talking about?
I'm refering to a calm inquisitve reaction to votes and pointing out the suspicious without a vote from JiveMachine. This post:
Adel wrote:I couldn't have expected better results: just a little bit of erratic behavior brought out two votes and a wagon push by a lurking player. unvote, vote: The Jive Machine for the scummy behavior of keeping a low profile and only popping in long enough to try to add some fuel to the hottest fire.
vollkan wrote:I want to know how it is that you failed to spot random wagoning.
As I said I didn't fail to spot it, I wanted to know the motivation behind it.
It's not so much the content however, as how people responded to it.

Adel and vollkan both completely back off of shaft.ed. Thus the initial person shaft.ed targetted and the most damaging possible opponent absolve him. I say this because vollkan commands a lot of authority in this game. His posts are well reasoned or at least give every indication of well-thought out arguments. This exchange caused me to shelve Adel/shaft.ed/vollkan from my radar entirely during Day One.

armix and Pooky both express that they are not impressed with the reasoning. armix is confirmed scum now, and Pooky's main target's yesterday were shaft.ed and vollkan. I'm not entirely sure what to make of this.

armix's most important associations are the following people:

Adel: early game, very strong associations between the two, armix barnacling and adel seizing on openings created by armix to gambit.

shaft.ed / CDK / TheJiveMachine: all targets of votes/suspicions.

TG: opinion sticking. I am ashamed to admit that if not for armix, my railing against CDK would probably have been much shorter-lived.

Erg0: along with TG, was one of the two people placed at 0% suspicion. I'm not sure what to make of the fact that all three of us were the one's to collectively kill BeepBeep.

What I must finally say is that armix wasn't particularly bad scum. If it weren't for CDK's near constant pressure for 2/3 of the game, suspicion would have never escalated to the level where he began to make his fatal errors (claiming adel's playstyle, erroneous reasonings against CDK). I think that at least for some of his posts, he meant for the information he presented to be as misleading as possible upon reflection. By clearly outlining his "suspicion" he managed to look mildly town and also to help build unproductive cases against innocents in the event of his lynch.

I am saying that looking at the obvious is only a start, every possibility must be considered.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (isolation #93) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Adel wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:armix and Adel voting partnership noted.
it is all an illusion in your mind.

unvote, vote: shaft.ed[/b[
well I assume that was a vote for shafted..which is the third time you and arm have voted together...
think it is too obvious though
..ugh

unvote

so Adel, why the obvious chage in playstyle?
This is also somewhat relevant in connection with my previous post and the current discussion I am having with CDK.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (isolation #94) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Adel wrote:
Claus wrote:
Team NLU

Beep! 3 - TG, Erg0, Armix
Volkan 1 - Pooky

Not voting:
Thanatos

Armix was FIRED. He was a
bad doctor.

Beep! Beep! was FIRED. He was a
good doctor.
ok, so Erg0 and Trust Gossip were the two other players on Beep!'s wagon.

I think it is time to think about why TG would ask for replacement, and if it is a scumtell.

FoS
Erg0 for voteplacement.
Wait, I asked for replacement?

???
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #95) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Give him a few minutes to process it, will ya?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #96) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Erg0 wrote:I'm not nagging him, I was just asking what his intentions where, and also canvassing opinions on whether declaring the result immediately was the best plan.
I agree that he should give the result as soon as possible, it's just that the timestamps made me jump a bit.

It's mostly an "easy there" type thing instead of implying any fault on your part.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (isolation #97) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

The vollkan result doesn't really help me very much.

I can sympathize with the opinion on Erg0, simply because he's the "other person". Then again I am also one of those people, so who am I to judge.

I can sort of see the case on shaft.ed

I would of really liked a confirmation on someone more ambiguous, like Dean/Thanatos/Near. Or any of the three people Adel picked out.

I respect your decision of course.

I don't see how Pooky is classified as a non-neutral though. Adel please explain.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (isolation #98) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:24 am

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I am still of the belief that TG is scum (so it would have been a wase of an investigation).
How would this be a waste of an investigation? It would have been irrefutable proof that I was scum. I thought a cop was supposed to be searching for the guilty party, not adding to a "happy fun club" of confirmed town.

@ Adel, are you completely done patting CDK's back now?
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (isolation #99) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:18 am

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Adel, you understand all this "patting" is making me uncomfortable, and I am not sure where it is coming from.

TG, I was trying to find another scum, I already think i found one in you.
That's great. You're wrong though.

So...

I don't really know what to say to that.

If my posts indicating my opinions/states of mind/thoughts during Day One don't change your opinion in the slightest, then I guess I was doing the "wrong" thing?

I really wish you would have just investigated me though. I still don't see why you would worry about "wasting" the investigation. If you used it on me we could avoid the inevitable crusade for my lynch...

:(

I'm sorry for whatever I did that made you want to forsake me so.

That wasn't supposed to be an appeal to emotion, I just think things would be a lot different if you hadn't completely convinced yourself of my culpability.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (isolation #100) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:24 am

Post by TrustGossip »

curiouskarmadog wrote:well I think we need to decide what to do next...the conversation has grown stale.
The begin the inquisitorial process.

I know
you
have already made up your mind, but others have not. For a lack of a better thing to do, why not begin the measures for a lynch of who you strongly suspect is scum.

I don't need an innocent result on me to prove my alignment. I'm just saying it would have made things a heck of a lot easier.

If you really feel things are getting stale, then stir the pot, you are our leader correct? Perhaps we all may learn valuable things on the journey.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (isolation #101) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:41 am

Post by TrustGossip »

I died while I was L/A, thanks a lot everyone.
Compcrack

Basically crack.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”