Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by Ythill »

I'm still here. :)
Claus wrote:Good Defense? Slippery? Uh, I didn't realize you were attacking me. Or are you commenting to my previous answers to Incognito?
Meh. 'Twas a jab.

I'll be pretty busy tomorrow. Hopefully I can work in a post but, if not, I'll be back on Sunday.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Ythill »

Just made a realization on my way to bed. Completely unrelated to the conversation at hand but important enough to point out...

Justin suggested (and I think some others echoed) the fact that I could be a SK even if a second body hits the ground tomorrow, but wouldn't that body be chainsawed? As a vig, my target will be shot. Problem cleared up, methinks.

Not that I'll live through the night.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:52 am

Post by kuribo »

Ythill wrote:Just made a realization on my way to bed. Completely unrelated to the conversation at hand but important enough to point out...

Justin suggested (and I think some others echoed) the fact that I could be a SK even if a second body hits the ground tomorrow, but wouldn't that body be chainsawed? As a vig, my target will be shot. Problem cleared up, methinks.

Not that I'll live through the night.
Depends on what the mod chooses to do with the flavor. Could be anything.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

Hmm…

Claus,
Claus wrote:Do you REALLY want to start discussing other games in this thread?
Umm…you brought them up.
Claus wrote:Your read of those games is wrong. And biased, as you read them wanting to prove the point opposite to mine.
I invite any interested players to read them for themselves. They are Open 44 and Mini 53. Based on what I’ve seen so far in this game, I’m almost sure at least one player, and quite possibly a couple of others, will. I’m comfortable with what they’ll see in them.
Claus wrote:Regarding your defense of my "timid" comment, I think you are making my point. Reading your quoting of yourself and the comments in your last post, I see the names of SSK, Apydog, Shteven, Cronx, and yet your vote during most of the game was firmly planted on Ythill. I see you as a butterfly, regarding accusations.
So your point is that I voted for the person I was most suspicious of but continued to scum hunt elsewhere? Okay.
Claus wrote:The "myslinch is a myslinch" point that I did is correct, even in context - I criticize you BECAUSE you think that myslinches are always bad to the town. That line is often used to paralize the town, and I have a problem with that.
Well, I didn’t say they were always bad. But I do have a strict interpretation of when they are not, which I stated. But this issue is now you having a different philosophy of the game than I do. Okay. Just out of curiosity, when do you think mislynches are beneficial to town?
Claus wrote:And are you REALLY trying to argue that Xtomx is more verbose/less direct than you?
I can’t even argue that Shteven is more verbose than me. I’m only left with Ythill on that score. But that isn’t the statement I was replying to. It was this:
Claus wrote:How about the fact that even though you are one of the most active posters in the thread, you have only one serious vote in these 15 pages?
And 60 is a lot more than 30. And my vote came with a complete case and much gnashing of teeth from both me and the person I put it on. While XtoXm’s came early on an easy target and stayed there without any real additional input. For that matter, XtoXm has had some posts that were vague enough other players needed clarification as to what he meant. So the contradiction in your opinions on your initial pbpa still stands.

Claus wrote:In short: I argue that you are not positioning yourself, and in response you try to draw me into a semantic war. You want to discuss the details of the posts with me, because you can't really argue with the one, simple, direct point that I make. Please!
Nothing in anything I have posted to you involved semantics. I posted my own words from thread to answer unquoted and minimally quoted points you had raised.

As far as wanting to describe the details of the posts, let me lay this out for you:

You wrote a pbpa with an unsupported accusation of me.

I asked you to give some examples.

You brought up my posts to support the accusation you made in your pbpa.

I quoted those posts to show that they do not support your accusation.

Because you see, if you can’t find evidence in my posts to support your accusation, then there is no basis for the accusation. You are still welcome to make it.

But, that’s the thing, and you’ve done it twice in this post. You seem to want to get to make the accusation and not have it defended against.

I mean you bring up other games and accuse me based on them, then get upset when I reply to you about them. You give your views on my posts, and then when I quote them to show your views are incorrect you act like I’m somehow cheating by defending myself.

I don’t know about positioning myself, which sounds like a rather scummy way of describing the forming of opinions, but I have expressed my opinions clearly throughout the thread. And by the cases I have made it should be clear to anyone reading my posts that Disciple Slayer is currently my number one suspect, and that Apyadg is my current number two. The later might fairly be arrived at by me saying Apyadg was currently my number two suspect. So your final bit in this post…
Claus wrote:Instead, how about putting your money where your mouth is, and telling us your current read on the players?
…is just as inaccurate as all the rest of it. I would prefer to wait to vote for Disciple Slayer until he has had a chance to address the points raised against him. I have not liked Apyadg’s response to my case against him nor his recent odd statements concerning scum hunting, most especially considering the fact that he seemed capable of both attack and defense earlier in the game. I might well vote for Apyadg if we do not hear from Disciple Slayer or if Disciple Slayer presents us with a compelling explanation of his actions (which I doubt he will) and Apyadg continues to be as present and unresponsive as he has been. However, since we are looking at possibly three kills today (a lynch and two night kills) I would really like to make as sure as possible that we get at least one of town’s two possible kills right.

I am also concerned about moving forward too quickly when two players (charter and ho1den) have not been with us for the majority of the game and a third (MafiaSSK) has barely been with us since getting into some initial hot water. I am suspicious enough of Disciple Slayer that I am willing to entertain reasons for lynching him before he has had a chance to answer the accusations against him, but they will have to be extremely compelling in order to convince me. Moving the game along will not be that reason, not at this point anyway. I’m in no exceptional hurry to get to night. I can’t think of a single reason why anyone who wasn’t scummy would be.

Claus, your attack on me has been bizarre and illogical enough that I’m tempted to consider it scummy, but I can’t shake the suspicion that you only skimmed my posts when you made your initial pbpa and have since been trying to justify a poorly informed opinion.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

For that matter, XtoXm has had some posts that were vague enough other players needed clarification as to what he meant.
Uhh, what?!

Really? When?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:10 am

Ythill,

In the game I was in with Shteven there was no differentiation between the corpses left by a vig, the mafia and a serial killer. That was the first time I had been in a game with an SK. Hopefully there will be different methods here, as that would remove all doubt.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

Vote Count.

Disciple Slayer - 3 (kuribo, Shteven, Claus)
Apyadg - 2 (Charter, Incognito)
Shteven - 1 (DS)
MafiaSSK- 1 (Xtoxm)
Kuribo - 1 (MafiaSSK)

Ho1den and charter haven't picked up their prods, so I'll be seeking replacements for them.
Last edited by Nanosauromo on Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:08 pm

XtoXm,

Oh, this:
XtoXm wrote:Ythill, I think you are acting very suspicous.
And after being asked how, responding with this:
XtoXm wrote:
Ythill wrote:@ Justin: I think it might be a good idea for you and I to reread our spat. I may have confirmed a scumtell on you but that doesn't mean you are mafia. Certain key pieces of damning evidence are missing from a complete case against you, such as signs of partnership between you and the others I suspect. Though I understand that it is not an argument, I assure you that I am town, and wonder if you, through honest contemplation, can find the holes in your own case.
This
And there was this:
XtoXm wrote:I'd be happy to go along with that...if you die and your mafia, then Ythill is twlling the truth, if your town, we can lynch Ythill.
Which in addition to setting up a false premise, also led you to have to clarify your position with this:
XtoXm wrote:No, I want to lynch mafiaSSK today. This will have no effect on what Ythill said. Ok so he could be vig and be wrong. But if he kills you at night and you are mafia we know he is telling the truth
And finally this, which is still sort of ongoing:
XtoXm wrote:If DS is the way votes are going I'll be happy to swap my vote.
And although I side with you on this one, as you’d already posted:
XtoXm wrote:Top suspects
#1 SSK
#2 DS

I would participate in a lynch for those 2, at this point.
It did leave room for misinterpretation.

Mind you, XtoXm, I am not making a case against you based on any of the above. Except for not being willing to go into more detail with your first accusation against Ythill I don’t find any of them particularly noteworthy in determining whether you’re town or scum. That one could have been a case of trying to lead the town without involving yourself, basically shouting “hey, look at this post” so others could then carry the ball.

But in terms of judging Claus’ initial pbpa, where he accused me based on my having a vote on Ythill for what he judged too long, although I was one of the most active players in the thread, and on what he tried to morph that attack into, which was my not being direct, it is instructive. Because in the same initial pbpa he said that he found you direct and that your vote followed your suspicions.

Because your vote has followed you to only one location, and it has stayed there throughout the game, in spite of the person on whom that vote was cast being mostly absent. And you have made statements that later had to be clarified. That is less a commentary on you than it is Claus. You did not misrepresent what you have done. He did.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Nanosauromo wrote:
Vote Count.

Disciple Slayer - 3 (kuribo, Shteven, Claus)
Apyadg - 2 (Charter, Apyadg)
Shteven - 1 (DS)
MafiaSSK- 1 (Xtoxm)
Kuribo - 1 (MafiaSSK)

Ho1den and charter haven't picked up their prods, so I'll be seeking replacements for them.
Think Apyadg's 2nd is from Incog...
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

Thanks, I've edited that. My mistake.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Incognito »

Pretty excited watching the Giants beat the Cowboys! :D But yeah, back to this haha.
Claus wrote:So, questions:
A- Why is it
crucial
whether my opinions differs from Cronx or not? Despite we sharing the same role PM, we are different players, with different styles, and different ways to read other people. I never talked to Cronx either about this game. So please, tell me why this is
crucial
It's crucial because your predecessor came to a pretty solid conclusion that I'm scum. I just wanted to know your standpoint in relation to your predecessor's. You've mentioned in question B that you couldn't find this so I'll point this out to you below.
Claus wrote:B- And where does Cronx points at you as one of the most scummy players? I couldn't find it. He attacked once at 49, then you two exchanged some jabs ("you are misrepresenting me! No, you are! No, you!"), then he replaced.
See below:
ChronX in post 49 wrote:Incognito seems to be setting himself up as the town's voice of authority, by answering game setup questions and making lengthy statements about game theory and such.
This is often a scum tactic adopted by experienced players in a game with apparent newbs; you establish yourself as the wise man and can direct votes and thought processes later.
Fortunately, this will come back to bite him when the inevitable rash of replacements occur and more vets filter into the blend.
He states this is often a scum tactic used to direct votes and thought processes later and then says it will come back to bite me. This implies that his conclusion at that point was that I'm scum.
Claus wrote:C- Do you have any comments on my reads on other players?
Yes, I've already mentioned that I disagree with your read on Ythill, I disagree with your read on MafiaSSK, and I'm not receiving the same vibes as you are on Justin Playfair either. Also I'd probably shift Xtoxm to "The Unlisted" if anything.

Mod:
We also need a replacement for Disciple Slayer. He seems to be the top suspect for a lot of people, but he's not around to respond which sucks and is leaving us at a standstill.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

At this point nothing a potential DS replacement says will change my opinion of him.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Incognito »

So I guess we're basically just waiting on content from people like Apyadg, and the charter & Ho1den replacements then before agreeing on a lynch.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Shteven »

Justin wrote:
Claus wrote:
And are you REALLY trying to argue that Xtomx is more verbose/less direct than you?
I can’t even argue that Shteven is more verbose than me. I’m only left with Ythill on that score. But that isn’t the statement I was replying to. It was this:
What? there's a verbose war, and you claim I'm winning? Or is that losing...heh. Anyways, I've been trying to keep the posts down.

Largely I'm waiting for the few replacements. I would be comfortable lynching at this point if we weren't going to have replacements; if others are coming in we'll want to wait for them to catch up and post a few thoughts before deciding on a lynch. I'm still happy with my current vote.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Ythill »

Shteven wrote:What? there's a verbose war, and you claim I'm winning? Or is that losing...heh.
Ha. Eat my dust puny-word-count boy. :twisted:

Just checking in, not inspired to add content at the moment.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:45 am

Post by kuribo »

Ythill wrote:
Shteven wrote:What? there's a verbose war, and you claim I'm winning? Or is that losing...heh.

Just checking in, not inspired to add content at the moment.
Am I the only person that doesn't like long, rambling posts?

Seriously, it's kinda scummy to me.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:47 am

Post by kuribo »

Justin Playfair wrote:Ythill,

In the game I was in with Shteven there was no differentiation between the corpses left by a vig, the mafia and a serial killer. That was the first time I had been in a game with an SK. Hopefully there will be different methods here, as that would remove all doubt.
In my first newbie game, I was NK'd by being trampled to death by a passing parade of elephants. So, you see, it's all depending on what the mod wants to do, and it's pointless to speculate otherwise.

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Ythill »

kuribo wrote:
Ythill wrote:
Am I the only person that doesn't like long, rambling posts?
Was joking, making fun of my own blabbermouthness.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Shteven »

New tactic: The last person to respond to this is scum. Everyone post something now to say hi. If you don't, you're guilty!

Post people, post!
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:34 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Shteven wrote:New tactic: The last person to respond to this is scum. Everyone post something now to say hi. If you don't, you're guilty!

Post people, post!
LOL! What a great tactic! It's absolutley foolproof! Dam...How did we not think of it earlier?!
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:03 am

Thank you, Shteven, for trying to keep the thread going while we wait for answers/replacements.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Incognito »

This is sad really. We have the exact amount of active players we need to make a lynch with our 7 actives. I'm beginning to feel like we should either have a modkill or an abandonment. I don't see much progress being made in the replacements department and with the way this game has been going, it seems like this will all just be cyclical.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:30 am

Post by Ythill »

Ha! Xtoxm was the last to post! He's sc... Oh, wait.

:) Just checking in.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Incognito »

AND THESE DAMN CPU QUOTA ERRORS AREN'T HELPING

ASDF
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Ythill »

Wow, serious cross-post. I agree with Incog. This game is limping along. Sad.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”