Mini 532: Yaw's Split Open Mafia: (Game over)

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

4 votes. Yeah, okay. Let's speedlynch Phate. What the hell, why not?
The only case I have is that I'm the cop because I didn't claim right away on D2. That would be stupid, even WITH the doc and roleswitcher/reopener. The roleswitch/reopen will only work if neither are scum, and I'm positive the reopener is scum due to qb's post, so I basically have to rely on the doc to not be mafia and to not be killed.
Don't forget that the mafia could have the roleblocking ability, too. So, yeah. I'm really happy we have the cop out in the open.

Thanatos, if you thought that Phate and OTM were linked, why the hell would you investigate Phate when OTM came up town?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:23 am

Post by Korlash »

As good a question as that is... you forgot to vote phate... >.> *waves hand* you want to vote phate...

Don't let fate be the ruler of you, rule over death and lynch te liar.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:28 am

Post by Holy »

mikeburnfire wrote:Thanatos, if you thought that Phate and OTM were linked, why the hell would you investigate Phate when OTM came up town?
So True! It bugged me also.

I assume our cop is an innocents, innocents weren't told who their allies are. An innocents cop doubts whether the doc was in scum possession or the town possession. Thus the cop will be very careful about a claim.
But Thanatos seems too confident about a doc protection, he didn't consider the possibility that the doc is scum, because if the doc is scum, an innocents cop definitely won't survive tonight because of the premature claim. His "false-confidence" lead me to suspect him as scum.
And as a scum cop, if the town believes him as a pro-town, I believe he still will survive whether the doc is town or scum from the SK. Thus explained his "false-confidence".

Well, I might be wrong again, damnit! But for a confirmation I'll
Vote: QuickBen
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:14 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Korlash, your playstyle confuses me. I have a difficult time telling when you are serious or joking, since every single one of your posts looks like a joke post. I'm not voting Phate yet because he's at Lynch-2, and I want to discuss things more before anybody dies.

And even though I think he is the lying claimed cop, there are still a few things that bug me about Thantos. He revealed himself early. Who he investigated. I mean, I really want to vote Phate, but I just
can't
shake the feeling that I'm wrong.

Still though, if a cop claims to have a guilty on you, the only way to survive is to counterclaim cop. Or, in this game, accuse the cop of being scum-aligned. So, while I do have hesitance to vote Phate, I think that is who I will ultimately vote for.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:42 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Phate (4): Thanatos, Korlash, kabenon007, Drunken Piper
QuickBen (2): Phate, Holy

Not voting (4): mikeburnfire, Skruffs, SensFan, QuickBen

With 10 alive it is 6 to lynch.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:12 am

Post by QuickBen »

Which reason should I vote Phate?

1- LAL (I'm not scum).
2- He was a high profile player yesterday, coming up with his theory and somehow he didn't die last night.
3- I have excellent reason to believe that Thanatos was a target last night.

Hmmmm.

Yeah, I guess that means I'm the doc. I protected Than last night. I'll protect him again tonight. Keep me alive and either the cop gets one more night to live or the scum and SK have to coordinate to beat my protection meaning we have more time to find them.

I'll put phate at L-1 now.

vote Phate
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:32 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

srdghui qwao

lasiudghf;aioug

asdoiipyapowietuwaq

GODDAMMIT WHY THE HELL
PHATE WAS LIKELY TO DIE ANYWAY
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU REVEAL YOURSELF

I'm going to fucking kill myself. It's as if all intelligent play was thrown out the window.

So you know what? THE HELL WITH IT. I'm going to reveal everything I know: The scum have a roleblocker.

I was a roleblocker last night. The role switcher targetted me and the other mason last night, and now I'm a mason and the other guy has my roleblocking ability.

Since a mason died, I'm guessing the other mason was scum. A scummason, if you will. And now he has my power.

Roleswitcher, since we're all just going to fucking give up our roles, would you like to come forward and tell us who you gave the power to?

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:48 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Skruffs hasn't posted once and Sensfan last posted a month ago.
mod: prod/replace please

They have been prodded.

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Korlash »

lolz...

Well i'm still an unpowered townie... yay for me!

Seriously though I did not see this one coming... People stop claiming....

But... who did you block mike?

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:03 am

Post by SensFan »

If we're claiming, then I'm the re-opener.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:05 am

Post by QuickBen »

@MBF- tell me you realize that the only reason the role switcher would have used his or her power last night would be if *they* were scum too?? It would have been totally against the plan to use that power before we knew any role had been reopened.

Actually...

@bird- if the role reopener uses their power, is it public knowledge that such and such role has been opened?

I have been keeping an updated tally of which role is open and which role is closed in the front post. It will not be said anywhere except there when a role is opened however
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Skruffs »

Why, hello there.

Vote: mikeburnfire
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Thanatos »

-_- no...comment.

Seriously. I had a guilty, and people say I came out too quickly...now there's a massclaim...how does this help anyone besides Phate and his buddies?

Holy: having a Doc as scum..It actually didn't occur to me. Still all of my other reasons are valid, and it does seem unlikely.

When OTM came out clean...I was still suspicious about Phate. I also wasn't paying close attention at the end of D1, as you'll note. Mea culpa...but it did work out for the best, if you believe me.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Korlash »

I agree the mass claim is unhelpful but we had like 3 people do it for no reason. add to that the 2 who claimed yesterday, and now we have the reopener claimed.

There is no reason to calim anymore as even a sucessful claim does not prove allignment.

I would like Skruffs to advance further on why he voted a non-lynch person instead of on eo fthe two claimed cops though.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

My claim at least gave information to the town: the mafia probably have a roleblocker. I'm just a mason with no partner now, so I don't give a damn if the mafia kills me.

That's why I want the role switcher to claim: because I bet he gave my role to the scum.

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I have no idea, Korlash. I just read this page, and I saw MBF trying to pull attention away from what was going on by asking for a prod on me (Who replaced, what, YESTERDAY??) .

When did the cops claim? Both on the same day? I have no idea what's going on. Who's claimed what, with guilties on who, and when?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by Skruffs »

The role switcher should NOT claim.
Lynch MBF.
It would make sense for a mafia-mason to kill his partner n1, if that's what MBF is claiming.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Skruffs »

MBF - who did you roleblock last night?

The role switcher is town's best ally, and shouldn't be revealed. THey should definitely remain secret, as they can switch cop roles to players less likely to be hit by mafia.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I targetted Zhao last night. Smart move, wasn't it?
Skruffs wrote:I have no idea, Korlash. I just read this page, and I saw MBF trying to pull attention away from what was going on by asking for a prod on me (Who replaced, what, YESTERDAY??) .
Pull attention away? Neh? The cop and the doc had just claimed, and I had just made a post about how stupid it was. How is that, in any way, trying to pull attention away from what was going on?

Also, sorry about asking for a prod on you. I forgot that you replaced in only a few days ago.
When did the cops claim? Both on the same day? I have no idea what's going on. Who's claimed what, with guilties on who, and when?
Go back a page or two. Thantos claimed guilty on Phate, Phate counterclaimed guilty on QuickBen, then QuickBen claimed doctor. Then I claimed. Then sensfan claimed role re-opener.
The role switcher is town's best ally, and shouldn't be revealed. THey should definitely remain secret, as they can switch cop roles to players less likely to be hit by mafia.
Probably not. I just got really frustrated when the fucking doctor revealed himself for no reason. I seriously lost it.
Lynch MBF.
It would make sense for a mafia-mason to kill his partner n1, if that's what MBF is claiming.
Don't lynch MBF. Maybe you don't understand what I'm explaining. Here's what I believe happened:

Last night:
XXX (mason, scum aligned), kills Zhao (mason, town aligned)
MBF (roleblocker, town aligned), blocks Zhao (nothing happens)
YYY (roleswitcher, alignment unknown), switches roles of XXX and MBF

Current status:
XXX (roleblocker, scum aligned)
MBF (mason, town aligned)
YYY (roleswitcher, alignment unknown)

Now that I think about it,
the former-mason-turned-roleblocker and roleswitcher are probably BOTH scum.
XXX's old role was useless once the town mason died, so YYY, his scumbuddy, switches XXX's role with somebody else's (who just happened to be me).

I think we should mass claim. Whoever is stuck as roleswitcher and new mason are scum, I believe.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Actually, the only people who haven't claimed are the roleblocker, the roleswitcher, and the 3 unpowereds. And since I believe the scum are the RB and RS, I doubt they'll claim.

I'm really tempted to drop the hammah on Phate right now, but I'll wait a little longer for more discussion.

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:00 am

Post by Korlash »

Dude logically the role switcher is more then likely scum. I mean killing a mason, then giving a townie the other mason is a duh move.

I give Phate a high chance of being the RB, although he may have another ability and so the third mafia got the RB.

While I know what it is like to replace in, especially during chaos, I think Skruffs is doing a lot more distracting then Mike. (Even if it is unintentional)

I'm liking a phate and QB scum group with a possible third of Holy or Skruffs. I would bet Phate has the switcher or RB with the other ability going to the third member, and I bet QB is the doc but scum oriented. So I am thinking the worse here, a Doc/RB/Switcher scum group.

However one of those abilities may belong to the Sk. And the fourth in there may acually be the sk but I'm not positive.

Now if you are town and currently have one of the above abilities please do not freaking claim... i mean come on... Seriously...

Sens claimed the reopener eh? Sens did you open OTM?

QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:29 am

Post by QuickBen »

If I didn't think the switcher was scum, I would say lynch me today and let the reopener and switcher do their jobs. I am NOT scum. The only thing I can think is that Phate is trying to two-for-one with the us. Phate started off the day with a BS reason for voting me, and then got caught with his pants down when Than nailed him. Than claimed first and Phate is lying about my alignment, so hmmm, who do I believe? I claimed doc simply to get this logic out there...

I protected Than last night.
MBF blocked Zhao
Zhao is dead and a townie
We only had one kill

Questions- If I were scum doc, why wouldn't I protect one of my partners? Its pretty obvious Than and Phate are not on the same team. Its also pretty obvious that Than is a townie based on his claim and investigation. More deaths = good for the scum. Yeah, this is a bit WIFOM, but its what I got.

I'm not sorry I came out as early as I did. At least now the scum have to choose. They can either hope the SK coordinates with them or they can kill me to get the cop tomorrow night, but that gives him tonight to investigate. And I'm not even getting into how screwed we are if Than is a cop/sk.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:23 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

QB wrote:Phate [...] got caught with his pants down when Than nailed him.
:D LOL suprise buttsecks.

Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:38 am

Post by Holy »

There's too many IFs for the roles.
But I suspect the scum got: doc/switcher/blocker.

That's why I think we should lynch QB, we got a scum anyway.
And we still free to suspect Phate tomorrow too if he still alive.

Let's think further tomorrow, because indeed there's still tomorrow ;.;

Good night for now. I'll re-read Day 2 tomorrow (Real Time).
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Holy »

O gosh, how optimistic my post^ sounds, so many tomorrows, lol.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”