Mini #534 - Vegetable Mafia (Game Over!)

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Crub (1) -- destructor
Oman (2) -- Bookitty, thedragonsprincess
gorckat (1) -- soupfly
destructor (1) -- WhoMe?

Not voting: Crub, Oman, gorckat, Phate
9 alive, 5 to lynch.

Ryan PMed me to tell me that he just posted that in the wrong game by mistake.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:34 am

Post by gorckat »

destructor wrote:vote destructor

I find that to have been an anti-town move. Muddying the waters is not a good thing in my view.
Had you voted him after the fake-vote earlier? That was certainly water muddying, although I think it was useful.

I don't like the half/fake insinuation of a cop claim- I don't see how its a pro-town move. The fake vote worked because there was a bread crumb asserting it was planned. This just looks reckless.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:38 am

Post by WhoMe? »

i didn't vote him, but i marked him down in my notes for the fake vote, and here we are again.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by destructor »

I honestly don't see what's terribly anti-town about what I just did. In fact, it seems to me like WhoMe's just being really opportunistic.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:49 am

Post by WhoMe? »

If you don't see the anti-townness of what you did, then what am I being opportunistic about exactly?
Show

3/7/2/0
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:04 am

Post by destructor »

The fact that something slightly unordinary happened. It's like you're using that as an excuse to vote for me.

You say I'm muddying the waters. How?
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by soupfly »

unvote: gorkcat
cause i'm not getting any support for my green pepper theory

vote: oman
--> the plural error is bad since he was the only one to make it and i think everyone was pretty careful when they claimed. i did copy paste off of the original mod PM to make sure i didn't misspell Broccoli. by itself its not a dead give away but i think green bean is a weak vegetable due to the inclusion of the word "green". every confirmed veggie that i know of (including my own) does not have the word green in it and one of them (leek) is not even that common of a veggie. also consider "pea"...why isn't it green pea?

all in all i think that our scum are 2/4: ranked in order of scumminess in my opinion:

1) Oman: Green Beans
2) gorckat: Green Pepper
3) destructor: Brussel Sprout
4) WhoMe?: Cabbage

if oman is not guilty then i would go for destructor next. if oman is guilty then i would go for gorckat.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Crub »

leek isn't uncommon :)

Also I cannot believe people want to string Oman up for adding a 's'. I think it's a minor infraction at best. Either way he's away for another 5 days, so I guess we have to wait if you want any sort of reaction from him.
Moo?
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

destructor wrote:The fact that something slightly unordinary happened. It's like you're using that as an excuse to vote for me.

by intimating you have a power role, and also hinting you have information on another player. If we had all took you at your word and speed lynched, what would you have said then? If a real cop had counter claimed, then your I didn't mean it wouldn't have counted for crap, we would have lynched you. It was an anti-town move.
Show

3/7/2/0
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

oh and yeah, Leeks are perfectly common in the UK. Maybe it's a country thing.
Show

3/7/2/0
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:32 am

Post by Oman »

I'm here for the minute.

Let me quickly say, leek = common in UK, US call it something else I think, (Spring Onion?)

The fact that so many people are voting me for this "S" thing, makes me think that its a scum driven wagon, or the town are just damn stupid.

I happen to think the massclaim isn't helping, considering the crap that has been thrown around
Soupfly wrote:i did copy paste off of the original mod PM to make sure i didn't misspell Broccoli.
Well, I didn't worry about mispelling "green Beans" did I?

How ironic.
soup wrote:why isn't it green pea?
There are other colours?

Green pepper? Has green in it.

FoS Soupfly

For the horrible...horrible logic.

Oh and
FoS Gorkcat
if soup is guilty, because Soupscum would know that I was town, and so he could express suspicion of you without worrying about me being innocent.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:01 am

Post by destructor »

WhoMe? wrote:
destructor wrote:The fact that something slightly unordinary happened. It's like you're using that as an excuse to vote for me.

by intimating you have a power role, and also hinting you have information on another player. If we had all took you at your word and speed lynched, what would you have said then? If a real cop had counter claimed, then your I didn't mean it wouldn't have counted for crap, we would have lynched you. It was an anti-town move.
Your whole argument is based on things that didn't happen and, given any Town made of sensible players, probably wouldn't have happened anyway. Regardless, this is all negated by the fact that I admitted that I wasn't the cop. If I hadn't I might not be so sceptical of your vote.

I also find it ridiculous that you'd entertain the idea that a speed lynch would have occurred, yet make no reference to what this would have implied, finding an action that was so unlikely to cause it scummy instead. Who is likely to vote for someone based on a 'half-Cop-claim' besides scum? I think that the reactions we saw to my post are a pro-town result, yet you've decided to vote me for it.

But, hey, here's something else worth bringing up: fruit.
[quote="Wikipedia on "Green bean", claimed by Oman"]Green beans (American English) or French beans (British English) or Mahune (South Slavic, Balkans) are the unripe
fruits
of any kind of bean, including the yardlong bean, the hyacinth bean, the winged bean, and especially the common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris), whose pods are also usually called string beans in the northeastern United States, but can also go by snap beans.[/quote]
[quote="Wikipedia on "Pea", claimed by Bookitty"]A pea, although treated as a vegetable in cooking, is botanically a
fruit
; the term is most commonly used to describe the small spherical seeds or the pods of the legume Pisum sativum.[/quote]
[quote="Wikipedia on "Capsicum", cailmed by gorckat"]The
fruit
of Capsicum plants have a variety of names depending on place and type. They are commonly called chili pepper, capsicum, red or
green pepper
, or sweet pepper in Britain.[/quote]
[quote="Wikipedia on "Cucumber", claimed by tdp"]The cucumber is a creeping vine that roots in the ground and grows up trellises or other supporting frames, wrapping around ribbing with thin, spiraling tendrils. The plant has large leaves that form a canopy over the
fruit
.[/quote]
So we've got four vegetable claims that are technically fruit claims.

Before we jump the gun, have a look at this.
[quote="Wikipedia on "Vegetable""]Since “vegetable” is not a botanical term, there is no contradiction in referring to a plant part as a fruit while also being considered a vegetable. Given this general rule of thumb, vegetables can also include leaves (lettuce), stems (asparagus), roots (carrots), flowers (broccoli), bulbs (garlic), seeds (
peas and beans
) and botanical fruits such as
cucumbers
, squash, pumpkins, and
capsicums
(bell peppers). Botanically, fruits are reproductive organs (ripened ovaries containing one or many seeds), while vegetables are vegetative organs which sustain the plant.[/quote]I'm not sure why lettuce and broccoli are mentioned here, since they
are not
botanically fruit.

Yeah, so I think this name claim was more useful than I first though.

Things to consider:
• Did Aimee attempt to avoid this confusion? Perhaps. Regardless, I believe that most of the unambiguous claims we've seen are most reliable. These are, in order of claim - Lettuce, Broccoli, Spinach, Brussels Sprout and Cabbage.
Applicable across all of our name claims
- which part of the world is Aimee from? :lolstalk: Would she have used the common names for vegetables used in that region? If so, we should consider which names players claimed and whether it's likely that Aimee would have assigned these names.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe she's from the US because I'm sure I've spotted her using "ou" spelling =D. With this in mind, though, I become more sceptical of Oman's Green beans claim, since this name is listed as common in the US. It is also used in Australia, however. If Aimee is from the UK, my vote will likely go to Oman

I'm also suspicious of "Green pepper" for similar reasons, since my impression is that that name is more often used in the US than anywhere else. I usually refer to it as "Green capsicum" or just "Capsicum" and
never
as "Green pepper".

I feel it's likely that there is at least one scum in the list of four fruits, but would be surprised if there were more than two.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Oman »

Actually, we use sprouts, beans or something else more in Aus, we hardly ever refer to them as "Green Beans". We often use "Beans" which is why I posted "green bean
s
"
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:49 am

Post by destructor »

I usually call them beans too, but I've heard and seen "Green beans" enough to call it common here. I usually say Brussels Sprouts, not sprouts. According to my role PM, Aimee probably calls them Brussels Sprouts too.

About which of the four fruits I think are scum... I think it's most likely you or gorckat. I don't find the 's' thing suspicious but I'll be rereading both you and gorckat all the same. I'm less suspicious of the other two because unless Bookitty was willing to bus her Godfather, I doubt she's scum and I also find it unlikely that tdp would have counterclaimed Phate as scum.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Oman »

I don't mind people reading me and finding me scummy, but this whole "s" thing is so damn stupid, because it assumes a mafia member will make up a bad fake-claim more than a townie will acciedentally pluralise his rolename (which is seen as a plural more than a singular).

Even worse it assumes that a mafia member will accidentaly pluralise a fake-claim more than a townie will accidentaly pluarlise his rolename. Which is stupid!
thedragonsprincess
thedragonsprincess
Goon
thedragonsprincess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:57 am

Post by thedragonsprincess »

I did some researching and the 'leek' is referred to as garlic here in the U.S... and I'm still trying to figure it out- where does that fit into this game? I don't remember anyone claiming leek
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:08 am

Post by WhoMe? »

thedragonsprincess wrote:I did some researching and the 'leek' is referred to as garlic here in the U.S... and I'm still trying to figure it out- where does that fit into this game? I don't remember anyone claiming leek
leek <> garlic, it is in the same family, and is closest to elephant garlic apparently, but it is not the same stuff that is in garlic bread etc.
Show

3/7/2/0
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:13 am

Post by WhoMe? »

destructor wrote:
I'm also suspicious of "Green pepper" for similar reasons, since my impression is that that name is more often used in the US than anywhere else. I usually refer to it as "Green capsicum" or just "Capsicum" and
never
as "Green pepper".

I feel it's likely that there is at least one scum in the list of four fruits, but would be surprised if there were more than two.
Green Pepper is common usage in the UK for a capsicum.

I feel it's likely that there would be a scum within a list of any 4 randomly chosen people left
Show

3/7/2/0
thedragonsprincess
thedragonsprincess
Goon
thedragonsprincess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:22 am

but i still didnt get an answer... how did we start talking about a leek in the first place? did someone claim it and i missed it?
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:26 am

Post by soupfly »

the NK (think tank) was a leek.

leek is not garlic where i come from. its a big onion.

and of course leeks got worldwide attention because of the the leekspin internet phenomenon: http://www.skammich.com/leekspin.html

getting back to the game:

@oman: i think its unfortunate if you're a townie and you accidentally pluralized green bean, but you have to realize that that is also the type of mistake that scum could make. personally i can get past the pluralization but i also don't like the "green" in your veggie name as i've already argued.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by Crub »

Also this whole fruit argument is crazy, it's confirmed that at least 2 townspeople are fruit, how does that make it any more likely that both the scum are fruit?
Moo?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by gorckat »

Checking in. One of my dogs died so I haven't been up to playing. I hope to be on either tonight or sometime tomorrow.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:01 am

Post by gorckat »

vote: soupfly

1) If you really think I'm guilty, aren't you better off pushing me in spite of a lack of support
2) Moving to Oman for weaker reasons than the 'green' thing- an 's'
3) "
the
NK" (think tank)...not "one of the NKs"? That seems like you slipped letting on a personal involvement in think's death
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Phate »

This is perhaps the dumbest conversation I've ever seen within a Mafia game in my life. I find it far more likely that green pepper is a perfectly legitimate claim, that the non-pluralisation of 'green beans' was a nulltell at worst, that the scum all have fakeclaims (And yes, I now know what that means), and that those on the wagons for solely those reasons are scum.

The only reason I've contained my outburst thus far is to wait for someone who looked highly opportunistic to jump onto a wagon for one of those reasons.

Vote: Soupfly
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
thedragonsprincess
thedragonsprincess
Goon
thedragonsprincess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:20 pm

hmm I didnt catch that 'THE NK' until just now..... that definately seems like it could be a slip up to me- there were after all more that one person that got nightkilled. and for that reason
unvote vote soupfly

also
vote count please mod?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”