Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:43 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I have nothing more to add rather than my approval of the Jediknight bandwagon, but I was scrutiny thrown at Coolbot and Korais tomorrow.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:04 am

Post by Yaw »

Looks like people are just a little too eager to finish this off.

Unvote: Jediknight

I don't believe him, but we shouldn't go to night without hearing from everyone, and this takes off a bit of the pressure. Chaotic_diablo, Ibanez, indentureddjinn, Kommandant, NanookTheWolf, Shivan_Dragon, and Uraj need to get their asses in here. (Although it should be noted that Shivan_Dragon is on vacation at the moment until early next week.)
Success breeds suspicion
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:19 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Not much point in waiting for Nanook. He's dead, and was Bert the troll.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:28 am

Post by Yaw »

Oops. Was wondering if I forgot someone that way. This is what happens when I don't double-check my count against the front post. :P

The other six are still valid lurkers, though.
Success breeds suspicion
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:02 am

Post by jediknight »

So much I would like to say about you Yaw but I guess that I should play nice. It is interesting that you pushed the lynch to its limit and when I made a legitimate complaint about being bandwagoned you got behind slowing it. That's pretty scummy to me.

All I can say is that Galion is my role. Whether you think its lame, weak, or whatever fine. I can only go with what I was told. I agree that being a one shot doctor role for all dwarves would have been much better. But I didn't get to make that decision. It also didn't tell me Thorin's role...just that I could protect him if the conditions were met.

All in all, Yaw and Corsato seem to be the most scummy in my eyes. Or at least you've ran the best classic bandwagon I have ever seen....course I don't have alot of experience to go on!
And I'm spent...
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:26 am

Post by MMCL »

So far I see three people that strike me as curious...

jediknight - seems to be playing like a newbie - complete with the over-eagerness... taking this into account I still don't see a solid defence from him, rather pushing away accusations with the "I know, but what about person X..." routine.

IS - confuses the hell out of me but due to my non-understanding of him, I have relied on my knowledge of him from chat mafia. His style is confusing no matter how he plays - and in this game, so far I am seeing 'things' that remind me of him as an SK in chat mafia... can't quite place it though.... maybe "it's just a feeling" as he would say... ;)

Yaw - Im so not sure about Yaw; so far but his unvote seems almost staged. The old addage keep your friends close and your enemies closer would apply until I've made up my mind.

All in all, Im happy with my vote on jediknight.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:17 am

Post by Gaspode »

My vote is definitely staying on Jedi. You can't defend yourself by putting words in our mouths and then telling us why those words don't make sense. That's what you've been doing; there have been too many to point out each one.

Also, your suspicions of Yaw don't make much sense. As far as I can tell, Yaw still wants to lynch you. He just wants everyone else to comment so we have more to go on tomorrow.

IS' theories are definitely not a cop claim (as Mr. Flay suggested), but they do deserve to be checked out. We should take a closer look at those two players tomorrow if a better candidate doesn't show up first.

Lurkers, speak up!
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:25 am

Post by Argoti »

My vote stays. Really weak claims do not an innocent make.

Yaw's wanting the lurkers to speak up is great... but they probably need a bit of pressure first.
The End is near? Meh.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:27 am

Post by Yaw »

Actually, those I identified haven't said anything since day broke. They don't need pressure. They need a mod prod or replacement.
Success breeds suspicion
drummer97531
drummer97531
Goon
drummer97531
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:29 am

Post by drummer97531 »

Sorry I missed a day, I'm paying for it trying to catch up.
Unvote:Argoti
I have nothing there.
Jedi wrote:I never said anything about a bandwagon... Drummer was the one that mentioned that and I believe it was tongue in cheek. Perhaps Drummer can shed some light on why he felt it necessary to use me and bandwagon in the same sentence.
This one is easy. I missed your unvote of Argoti and thought I was joining the bandwagon.

I also doubt the drunk elf thing. VERY unlikely.

As for IS, he's ALWAYS like that. There is a logic to his playing style.

I'd be voting JediKnight, but if we want to hear from everyone first...
"Okay, that wasn't [i]completely[/i] true."
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:14 pm

Post by mikehart »

Vote Count

jediknight
( 10 ) -
Corsato, coolbot, Jaylen, MMCL, Gaspode, Argoti, Internet Stranger, the silent speaker, Tigris, Rick

Flying Dutchman
( 2 ) -
Lord Gurgi, Murk

Lord Gurgi
( 1 ) -
jediknight

Yaw
( 1 ) -
korais666

korais666
( 3 ) -
Tigris, Mr. Flay, thesilentspeaker
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:26 pm

Post by mikehart »

lurker status: Shivan Dragon - on vacation until sat or sunday. my fault he wasnt around. forgot to get a temp replacement; Ibanez - modprodded; indentureddjinn - posted on Tue saying will poast soon; Kommandant - will talk to next time i see him.; Uraj - posted today. the other two arent in the game.
Last edited by mikehart on Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:00 pm

Post by jediknight »

I hate to say this...but nothing is going to change anyone's minds... and it is bad form I suppose in a game as well but I am new and stupid and starting tomorrow I won't be around. Once I get back I will anxiously watch for the conclusion. Plus I kinda wanna see my lynch scene before I leave! I hope my getting bandwagoned is of help to someone! :wink:

So...pull the trigger. After all this is over I wanna know who was responsible for real...you got skills or lucky. I don't think I telegraphed it that bad...or at least what everyone thinks!
And I'm spent...
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:12 pm

Again, nothing to add, other than a reminder to check into Coolbot and Korais tomorrow after we lynch off Jediknight here.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:07 pm

Post by korais666 »

Flay: We've only had one night, how could IS possibly be so sure of at least 3 people being guilty, even if he was a cop?

Anyways, sorry if it appears that I've been lurking. I posted *yesterday*, but apparently once a day is not enough when there's this many people and you need to get noticed.

The Gallion thing seems a bit "out there", and if he's not already dead tomorrow after hearing from the last few people, I'll add my vote.
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:11 pm

Post by jediknight »

be careful kora...you get noticed for posting too much too! :P
And I'm spent...
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:35 pm

He is already noticed.
Show

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:04 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I still don't see why IS gets a pass. Granted, I've never played with him before, but he's essentially fingered 3 different people (dragonmaker, coolbot, and korais) for no visible reasons, votes for jediknight "just to end the day" when we haven't even heard from everyone, and seems to have some sort of feud with Yaw. He's even got people asking him who they should vote for, but not why (except Yaw). I'd vote for him, but he's bulletproof today, and then there's this...

Korais666 wrote:
Flay: We've only had one night, how could IS possibly be so sure of at least 3 people being guilty, even if he was a cop?
I didn't say he was sure of three people, I said there were ways to be sure someone is guilty. "sortamaybeevilbutmaybenot" is a townie vote, or a scum vote, IMO. My vote stands, but jediknight's looking better all the time.
Retired as of October 2014.
Murk
Murk
Townie
Murk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:05 pm

Post by Murk »

korais666 wrote:Flay: We've only had one night, how could IS possibly be so sure of at least 3 people being guilty, even if he was a cop?

I hope IS can give us some clearity about that, cuz posting wrong acusations is a scummy thing
Show
i dont wanna go 2 skool
i dont need no education
i dont wanna be like u
i dont wanna save the nation, daddy no!
i just wanna live my life
every day a celebration
one day im gonna leave this world
i wait 4 the revelation
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:07 pm

Dragonmaster was just a starter vote, I hold no opinion on him as of yet.
Show

Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:15 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Vote: jediknight
, at least we'll get some info and people have had enough time to speak up.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:45 am

Post by Yaw »

Still waiting. I missed dragonmaster on my original list -- he hasn't posted yet either.
Mr. Flay wrote:I still don't see why IS gets a pass. Granted, I've never played with him before, but he's essentially fingered 3 different people (dragonmaker, coolbot, and korais) for no visible reasons, votes for jediknight "just to end the day" when we haven't even heard from everyone, and seems to have some sort of feud with Yaw. He's even got people asking him who they should vote for, but not why (except Yaw). I'd vote for him, but he's bulletproof today, and then there's this...
It's IS. There's really no other explanation. He
always
acts this way, no matter what role he's in. This means we need to look for more subtle stuff if we want to figure out if he's scum. My personal plan is to ignore him for the most part, point out where he's wrong, and wait for a cop to figure out if he's scum or not. I figure somebody's got to investigate him sooner or later, and even Jeep admits that when he's a cop he'll waste an investigation on IS. The guy's just that good at disguising his role.

On the other hand, if he's not scum, he is worth listening to. He has rather innovative ways of catching scum, and is one of the better players at it. He's also great at poisoning the well when catching scum, as you can imagine -- he'll point out someone as scum correctly, without giving any reason to believe him.

Thus is the saga of IS.
Success breeds suspicion
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:09 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Allright here's what I have to say about things.
I'm willing to put my vote on jediknight although I won't do it yet so that everyone on your list can talk. The behavior doesen't spark much suspicion in me really but the claim is just rediculous. Even if he's not scum, we don't lose too much in lynching him. It's pretty good bet.
About IS: yes,he's good at that but mostly because of the reactions he gets from his unusual voting style. It's not as if he knows when he makes his first vote. Secondly, he's often wrong as well and dangerous as scum. Listen to him, but don't follow him blindly.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:11 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Jedi, just save us time and claim.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:37 pm

Post by CoolBot »

psst-
Jediknight wrote:I'm Galion the Butler. If I target Thorin Oakenshield on the same night that he gets targetted by scum then he is basically not at home because he is in the dungeon. Then, apparently I push him down the river like in the book... Never to be targetted again... :cry: So yes...I am a drunken elf that can't tell full casks from empty ones.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”