Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Incognito wrote:You guys do realize that he's not coming back right?
I was under that impression.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Incognito »

His sig says /out for all games and now he goes by the moniker "Captain Bandwagon".
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Incognito wrote:His sig says /out for all games and now he goes by the moniker "Captain Bandwagon".
What? You mean he made another account? ...What's the point?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Incognito »

Maybe he got bored.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Xtoxm »

But...Why make another account...That's just silly...The only point of it would be to make a clean start...But he's said what his new acc...So it's completely pointless...And just abandoning all his games...I thought you'd only do that if you got bored with the game/site in general...Not go and just start another...Seems silly to me.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Incognito »

Oh, it's not like he went around telling people that he made this new account. He kinda got found out by JDodge or someone else. I read it somewhere in the forums.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Incognito wrote:Oh, it's not like he went around telling people that he made this new account. He kinda got found out by JDodge or someone else. I read it somewhere in the forums.
Oh right lol...Serves him right :P

How did he get found out?
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Ythill »

His sig says /out for all games and now...
Yeah, you said that earlier, didn't you? Again, I apologize. The pace of the game is making my play sloppy as my interest here is fading a bit. Grumble...

For the moment...
unvote
. Pressure obviously isn't going to bring DS back. I'd like to hear opinions on this matter from everyone on the DS wagon, as well as from Justin, Incog, and whomever else is actually still playing this game. DS
did
follow up scummy, lurkish play by dropping a pair of smoking guns and I am not fundamentally opposed to lynching him even in his absence but i'd rather not let people sit quietly on his wagon while this happens.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I'm on the DS wagon...Like I say, i'm currently happy with a lynch on any of DS, SSK or Apy.

I feel ready to end day 1. Infact I have done for a while now. I don't think there's much more to say.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Incognito »

Xtoxm wrote:
Incognito wrote:Oh, it's not like he went around telling people that he made this new account. He kinda got found out by JDodge or someone else. I read it somewhere in the forums.
Oh right lol...Serves him right :P

How did he get found out?
Lol. It was pretty funny actually. He tried to nominate himself for a Scummy Award under the name Captain Bandwagon for DS's play in a Newbie game. JDodge pointed out that he has to be the same person because he votes the same way as DS. DS usually would make his votes in bold and all caps and Captain Bandwagon did the same.

Anyway, I've made my feelings about DS pretty clear in the past so I don't feel the need to restate what I've said previously. However, I would still prefer an Apy lynch to a DS one but DS still seemed scummy to me so either one would be fine for me on Day 1.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

Well, this makes it at least seem like we need five replacements?

You know, I’ve considered it scummy to this point when someone posted lynch the lurkers, but I think I’m beginning to appreciate the level of frustration that gets you there as a player. This is two of the four games I’m in that have been effectively halted by folks dropping out, and I just got killed in a third, so I’m down to one functioning game at this point.

And you can’t effectively find scum when half the town is missing. Sure, I think Disciple Slayer is scum. I didn’t want to lynch him without giving him a chance to speak in his defense, but if he’s never coming back to do so, then how, even if we do get a replacement for him, do we hang onto the very specific thread of what he had done to this point in the game? We don’t, that’s what.

I don’t want to abandon. Shteven and I were just in a game that was abandoned, and it sucks. I’m having fun, and I’m specifically having fun playing with the mix of people who have been doing the majority of the posting here, Incognito, Ythill and Xtoxm, and the three folks who have been kind enough to replace, Kuribo, Shteven and Claus.

Unless we were extremely lucky, the number of modkills that would have to be done if we don’t get replacements would likely unbalance the game in one direction or the other so badly it wouldn’t be worth playing. And if we really do need five replacements in a batch I suspect we won’t get them.

I don’t know if four is much better, but I’m willing to take the small leap of faith required to make it that number. He was my number one anyway, so…

Vote: Disciple Slayer

Maybe if we’re lucky the bad guys will be nice enough to take the number down to three. At this point all of us who are here have thrown so much suspicion back and forth at each other that there’s at least some hope the scum might reason that a replacement for one of the drop-outs could come in looking more town than any of us. Tempted to ask Ythill to use his possible kill to take out another, but I think all his top suspects are among the present, and the vig kill is too potent a weapon to use for random brush clearing. I wouldn’t have voted out a random no-show either, and so I can’t ask Ythill to use his kill, if he has one, in that way.

Anyway, there’s my two cents. I’m going to look for a game or two to replace into now, in an attempt to accrue some good karma.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Lol. It was pretty funny actually. He tried to nominate himself for a Scummy Award under the name Captain Bandwagon for DS's play in a Newbie game. JDodge pointed out that he has to be the same person because he votes the same way as DS. DS usually would make his votes in bold and all caps and Captain Bandwagon did the same.
Lol, nice one :lol:
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Anyway, there’s my two cents. I’m going to look for a game or two to replace into now, in an attempt to accrue some good karma.
I'd quite like to get these replacements filled. I'm sure we can agree to get the number required down to 4 by lynching DS.

I PMed a guy earlier who offered replacing to the first PM, but no reply so looks like I wasn't first. I see your sig says you'd be happy to cross-replace, I would also, I don't want this game to die.

Could 4 of us try to cross-replace maybe?
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Ythill »

On the more important topic: I'd be happy to cross-replace, especially since I'm probably going to die tonight. Which brings up another option:

Bolded for Mod Input: In the event of my death, I am also willing to re-replace into this game if people think it would be appropriate. My only stipulation is that the role be randomized so that there is no inference of moderator reasoning for new role assignmnets. I would have no problem with others doing this as well. I've seen it used before in other games without serious negative effect. I am capable of separating the roles and even playing for the win as scum despite my initial alignment. I think our other active players would be capable of this as well. It's not a perfect fix, but is preferable to abandoning the game IMO.

On to other matters...
Justin wrote:Maybe if we’re lucky the bad guys will be nice enough to take the number down to three.
I doubt it. Leaving a basically confirmed townie is too big a sacrifice. It is pretty clear that I'll be killed tonight. If we are
really
lucky (or I am anyway), all of our scum are among the slackers and they won't kill anybody. Lol.
Justin wrote:Tempted to ask Ythill to use his possible kill to take out another, but I think all his top suspects are among the present, and the vig kill is too potent a weapon to use for random brush clearing.
I've considered this, but... replacing SSK is going to be the only way to determine his alignment, my reads on Ho1den and charter are town (for the most part) and I'm unwilling to kill town just to make a point, Apy is a little more suspect but my suspicions of Incog prevent me from acting so dynamically on a case he has championed. Maybe I'll kill Apy anyway, but I have other ideas at the moment. Learning the alignment of our lynch will be a factor in making my final decision. But don't expect me to kull a flake if I think another move would be more beneficial to town.

I'd still like to hear Shteven, Claus, and kurbio give their thoughts about lynching a non-accounted-for DS
but I do see the value of moving on here. In an ironic twist, it seems that Incog and I are the two who will do the deed. Incog, if you vote I will hammer.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I would be happy for you to replace back into the game, Ythill. I have the feeling the mod won't allow it, but you never know.
If we are really lucky (or I am anyway), all of our scum are among the slackers and they won't kill anybody. Lol.
That would be nice. And infact if the night takes place with no replacements we'll probly get some useful info we shouldn't be getting.

Particularly for me as my 3 mafia's are all inactives.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Incognito »

All right. In the name of progress, I'm willing to do the following:

Unvote; Vote: Disciple Slayer

Ythill, if you really are the Vig, you seriously have quite a high opinion of yourself. What makes you think that you of all people will be killed off tonight?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by kuribo »

I could go for DS, for my reasons previously stated. (Inactivity and scumminess when he was posting)

I'd like to return to Xtoxm tomorrow though.

Confirm vote: Disciple Slayer. Mod, can we get a votecount, please? Do we have enough active players to even lynch?

Incognito wrote: Ythill, if you really are the Vig, you seriously have quite a high opinion of yourself. What makes you think that you of all people will be killed off tonight?
Assumedly, the fact that scum almost always go after claimed power roles. Unless he's scum, he's likely dead, since they won't want to risk leaving him alive.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

We have 7 players active, which is just enough for lynch. Though Claus hasn't been on for a while :? I think we're getting a bit of help from an inactive that voted earlier.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Incognito »

kuribo wrote:Assumedly, the fact that scum almost always go after claimed power roles. Unless he's scum, he's likely dead, since they won't want to risk leaving him alive.
I disagree. He's already claimed to be a one-shot, night-kill vig who will be using his shot tonight. He's also stated that he confirmed with the mod that if he chooses to kill someone and he's also targeted for a night kill, his one shot will still be effective despite the fact that he might be NK-ed. If he really is the one-shot, the scum would be better off leaving him alive since he'll basically be a vanilla townie after using up his shot.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Incognito wrote:
kuribo wrote:Assumedly, the fact that scum almost always go after claimed power roles. Unless he's scum, he's likely dead, since they won't want to risk leaving him alive.
I disagree. He's already claimed to be a one-shot, night-kill vig who will be using his shot tonight. He's also stated that he confirmed with the mod that if he chooses to kill someone and he's also targeted for a night kill, his one shot will still be effective despite the fact that he might be NK-ed. If he really is the one-shot, the scum would be better off leaving him alive since he'll basically be a vanilla townie after using up his shot.
That's an interesting idea. Although, he would pretty much confirm himself as a townie, which the mafia don't want.

Also, there aren't usually many, if any, power roles in these games, I've checked a few of them.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Incognito »

Xtoxm wrote:That's an interesting idea. Although, he would pretty much confirm himself as a townie, which the mafia don't want.

Also, there aren't usually many, if any, power roles in these games, I've checked a few of them.
Again, I disagree. Do you realize how much shit could happen in one night that might give everyone a skewed opinion about Ythill if we all really do accept his claim as a given? The
only
thing that would confirm his as town in my eyes would be an innocent cop investigation or his death and the mod revealing his role. Two bodies going down tonight would also help me believe him more but it still wouldn't completely solidify a town opinion of him from me.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by Ythill »

Incognito wrote:Again, I disagree. Do you realize how much shit could happen in one night that might give everyone a skewed opinion about Ythill if we all really do accept his claim as a given? The
only
thing that would confirm his as town in my eyes would be an innocent cop investigation or his death and the mod revealing his role.
Xtoxm was more correct than kurbio in identifying the reason I believe I'm a sure-fire NK. While you personally doubt me quite thoroughly, others have expressed different views of the confirmation of a second body. It is my belief that scum won't be likely to leave a "confirmed townie" alive on D2, but I could be wrong. In fact, I hope I'm wrong.

I'm going to place the hammer as promised, but first I wanted to post some last words just in case.
  • Apy: I’m very wary of the case against him because of my current suspicions. Carefully scrutinize any D2 case against his replacement. If he dies and comes up town, put Incog and Justin in the hot seat.
  • charter: My initial read on him was town to the core. My reread revealed enough dirt to question that conclusion, but not enough to call him scum. Grill his replacement.
  • Claus: Either he’s scum or Justin is, for a lot of reasons that will be apparent during a reread. Chief among these was their recent debate, which was too slippery to be town vs. town and too reaching to be distancing. Also, Claus as scum clears Incog while Incog as scum is almost required for any scenario that embroils Justin.
  • Ho1den: My read on him is still town to the core but that doesn’t mean his replacement gets a free ride.
  • Incog: Copy his defenses to a text document and, once my alignment is revealed, delete every defense that in any way includes the supposition that I am scum or am purposefully railroading him. In doing so, you will reveal how weak his defenses really were and then you can reread my PBPA on him to see how many suspicions he couldn’t answer. This was a large part of my “secret plan” and also the reason that I kept asking him for reasonable defenses (because I didn’t want to run up a townie for overreacting).
  • Justin: Reread his first attack against me and my defense, look at how he stretches the truth. I had a town read on Justin for a long time and
    much of it is still valid
    but there were a few scumtells that surfaced after I made that statement. Most of the evidence against Justin lay in his interactions with Incog and Incog’s targets, so redouble investigations against Justin if Incog comes up scum. He’s probably a good cop investigation.
  • kurbio: Despite our disagreements, I think this guy is town. If I’m alive tomorrow, I’ll welcome his statements as to my alignment because they will once again be relevant. He’s new and should be tested, but so far I don’t find him suspicious at all.
  • Shteven: He spent some time as my PE#1. I still find him scummy but have realized that the majority of the tells I uncovered regarding he and his predecessor were dropped while defending and under pressure which, IMO, makes them less reliable. As with Incog, check his interactions with me to discredit his OMGUS and reflective suspicions once my alignment has been confirmed by my death.
  • SSK: I know it’s been said that I’ve defended this guy. What I’ve been arguing against is the VI lynch. SSK should be replaced and/or investigated. If you are town, you will not lynch him until one of these things happens.
  • Xtoxm: My read on him has been leaning town for most of the game, but his late D1 play taints him a bit. I agree with kurbio that a D2 Xtoxm hunt is important to town winning this game. I wouldn’t go so far as to call him scum, but I really wouldn’t call him town anymore either.
I guess that’s it. Goodnight everyone.
Vote: Disciple Slayer

And about me being the vig, here's a preemptive "I told you so". :P
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

FINAL DAY 1 VOTE COUNT

DS - 7 (kuribo, Shteven, Claus, JP, Incognito, Ythill, Xtoxm)
Shteven -1 (DS)
Kuribo - 1 (MafiaSSK)
Apyadg -1 (Charter)

After many long hours of debating, the exhausted town agreed that Disciple Slayer was most likely a member of the mafia. They dragged their oddly silent victim to the gallows, strung him up, and let him drop. He was killed almost instantly.

Then his wallet fell out of his pocket. Upon investigating it, the town found Disciple Slayer's hospital ID badge and golf league membership card.

Disciple Slayer, the Doctor, has been lynched.

It is now Night 1. Night choices are due by 8:00 PM Pacific time on Thursday, January 24.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

When the sun rose, the first thing the townsfolk noticed was the foul stench of rotting flesh. They followed the stench to the source, they discovered the body of Ythill, tied to the train tracks just outside of town. The freight train had passed by the night before, horribly maiming body almost beyond recognition. Thankfully his wallet, containing his ID card for the National Association of Vigilantes, had survived.

About a hundred yards away the townsfolk found the body of Claus, with a bullet hole through his skull. Upon investigation of his body, they found his tattoo identifying him as a member of the Mafia.

Ythill, the Vigilante, and Claus, a Mafia goon, are dead.

It is now Day 2. 9 alive, 5 to lynch!!
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by Incognito »

I know you're dead and all but good shot, Ythill!

I'm guessing that since we now know Claus's alignment, a good place to start would be here in Claus's Naughty and Nice list:
Claus wrote:
My secret list (as of this post)

The Nice:

Xtomx
: I like his play. He seems direct with his accusations and his defenses. His vote follows his opinions, and his opinions are consistent. Also, he does not verborrage ;-).

Ythill
: IQ 147 boy :roll:. Has a tendency to build "infallible secret plans", but when he is not trying to solve the whole game on D1, I like his posts. Has been less wordy the last few pages, which makes me like him more. He attacks other people in a way that I see as honest scumhunting. SK is a possibility.

Shteven
: NightJay was OMGUSy, but from his abandonment, that may be personal. Shteven, on the other hand, seems to be playing solid, and is explicit in his position regarding other players, which is a towntell for me.

Charter
: The little he posted gave me a townie feeling - his case on Apy was good. Then he dissappeared. Needs prodding, but I don't think he is a lynch candidate.

The Unlisted:

Kuribo
:
Kuribo started well, and I though his initial analysis good, even if I didn't agree with some of his points (Suspicion of Ythill, loving JP). His last few posts, however, drew a WTF from me: Fishing for Direction - what is that? Xtomx is scum because he agreed about voting someone he already FoS'ed?

Holden
:
Another lurker. Some of his posts I like (the Apy accusation, the questions to DS, and those to Ythill and Incognito regarding SSF), but he has a very timid style of accusing and not voting, or voting then later saying that he didn't want to lynch the person, that I find scummy. Middle of the road for me.

The Naughty:

MafiaSSK

At first I thought he was either a clueless or a ballsy player with his bandwagon/"I'm lying". But his subsequent lurking, his strange votes on Natude, and specially JP have worsened my opinions of him. Not on the top of my scumlist, but we could do without SSF.

Apydog

Lurker. But the impression I had of him before he dissappeared was really bad, with him jumping up in the SSF bandwagon, and then jumping away after it derailed.

Justin Playfair

About as wordy as Ythill, except that he doesn't really seem to be honestly attacking anyone, and when he is, it is very timid for someone so wordy. Trying to lead the town without dirtying his hands?

And I REALLY don't like his list of possible fakeclaims. The three times out of three that I saw someone do that, they were mafia.

Incognito

He started average, and was on my neutral list until pressure started to fall on him in these last pages. I don't like the way that he reacted to the pressure on him... feels like the last game we played together, where he was scum afterall. And he seems to quickly point to anyone not himself when the heat gets off him.

This seems very similar to post 58, when he overreacts to a small accusation on him. And I have seen it as well in another game we played together.

Disciple Slayer

Votes Apy when it is cool to do so. lurks, but comes back when it is convenient. Shteven vote out of nowhere, and the "hey, let's discuss night strategy". Not lurking - Trying hard to lurk and to look like a VI - not succeeding in either,
Obviously Claus could have potentially been bussing one of his buddies when he listed them in the naughty list but I feel like the people in the Nice list and the Unlisted list might be a good link to who could potentially be the scum. What do you guys think?

Also, the fact that only two people died last night, we could probably state pretty confidently that there's not an SK in the game. The doctor died on Day 1 so nobody could have been protected and so I think the maximum amount of possible deaths happened last night.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”