Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:53 am

Post by -TinVision- »

Final Vote Count

Six Aces (10)
: Jesse Gunn, kabenon007, ryan, vollkan, farside22, Justin Playfair, LaptopGun, The Fonz, Phate, Shteven

Wesaq (1)
: Spacecase
kabenon007 (1)
: Wesaq
LaptopGun (1)
: OpposedForce
Shteven (1)
: Six Aces
vollkan (1)
: Oman
Jesse Gunn (1)
: Peers

Not Voting (2)
: MadCrawdad, somestrangeflea

“I swear it isn’t me,” Six Aces shouts, his red face dripping with sweat, ”I know who it is! I know who the killer is!” But the crowd is closing in, with cold, determined eyes. When it is all over, Six Aces hangs lifeless from an old butternut tree at Liberty Square. When the bloodlust fades, a ginger search of his body reveals a gun in a shoulder holster and a small black address book with an exhaustive list of numbers rackets in town.

Six Aces, Mafioso
, has been lynched.

The crowd disperses, the sky clouds over, and a light rain begins to fall.

It is Night 1. Nightchoices are due by Monday, January 21, at 10 PM EST.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

All night actions have not yet been submitted. I am giving an additional ~24 hours due to the long weekend and in the interest of bettering the game. This is my first turn at moderating, so if night deadlines have not been sufficiently long, please let me know and I will give more time in the future.

The new night deadline is midnight EST, January 23rd.
That is 21 hours from now.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:38 am

Post by -TinVision- »

As the day breaks and the rumble of freeway traffic begins, two news stories dominate the front page:

Police Seek Answers in Hotel Slaying

Police are seeking witnesses in the killing of
Peers, Vanilla Townie
, who was found dead of two gunshot wounds in a dumpster this morning by Holiday Inn staff.

Tragic Mishap at Subway

Police have just identified the body of
ryan, Vanilla Townie
, from dental records. He was found dead of electrocution on the third rail at the 11th St subway station.

Only the stupid or the very naive could believe these events are coincidental.

Day 2 has dawned. With 15 alive, it is 8 to lynch.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by ryan »

LOL. Shoulda known with this group I would be targeted night one. Good luck town, you've got some obvious scum here.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by vollkan »

Before anything else, @Jesse: What were your results?
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by Phate »

I know congratulating the doctor is a scumtell, but I'm not sure about congratulating the killer... at any rate, I tip my hat to whoever offed Ryan for making an excellent choice.

Jesse, why are you alive? Am I confusing this with another game or did you not just claim cop?
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Phate how do you know Ryan was killed by the SK?

Anyhow I think the mafia have decided a confirmed, or so I believe, townie of jessie's ability is less of a danger than one of the two who was offed last night. I'm gonna have to reveal some posts, and I suggest others do the same, to see if either said anything potentially dangerous to the mafia or SK. It is potentially damaging that Jessie is still alive without a doc protect, but I find it totally reasonable that the mafia attempted to confuse the town. We now have the possibility that Jessie is scum instead of having a confirmed townie. He did reveal a Mafia though, so unless he turned on his scum buddy (which I just don't see- Day 1 under no real pressure) I have a hard time believing it. Or he's the SK and got extremely lucky he hit scum on Day 1 in a blind guess. Or Jessie is such a criminal genius he is going to out the other mafia as if he were the cop and hope to survive alone until the end of the game. Not that those last two are ridiculous or anything :lol:

I don't like outing the cop esp. on Day 2 with 3 mafia left and no guarantee of a doc, but Jessie you do need to tell us who you investigated. I want this mafia ploy over and done with so we can focus on other suspects.

Oh and if it's not obvious: If we have 1 or more doctors please do not out yourself or selves. The town doesn't need another power role in jeopardy.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
Jesse Gunn
Jesse Gunn
Townie
Jesse Gunn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Jesse Gunn »

This sucks. I investigated Peers.
http://www.ewexperts.com
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Phate wrote:I know congratulating the doctor is a scumtell, but I'm not sure about congratulating the killer... at any rate, I tip my hat to whoever offed Ryan for making an excellent choice.

Jesse, why are you alive? Am I confusing this with another game or did you not just claim cop?
Trying to suggest the survival of a cop is scummy when the strong possibility exists of one or more docs- scummy.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by vollkan »

Jesse wrote: This sucks. I investigated Peers.
Why?
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by Shteven »

The Fonz wrote:Trying to suggest the survival of a cop is scummy when the strong possibility exists of one or more docs- scummy.
Agreed. I'd say it's most likely that he was doctor protected, and that mafia chose other targets instead of taking the chance on there being a doctor protection.

There is a less likely mafia bussing chance. That he investigated a dead body could be seen as scummy, but it doesn't override that the first case is still more likely. However, he should certainly explain why he picked Peers.

Phate, why is picking Ryan such a good kill choice? Apparently he has a reputation, but it's not one I'm familiar with.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by Phate »

Phate how do you know Ryan was killed by the SK?
Did I say anything about an SK? I actually first typed 'scum', thought about it, decided it was at least equally likely that he was a vig kill, and settled on the (I thought) neutral word 'killer'.
Trying to suggest the survival of a cop is scummy when the strong possibility exists of one or more docs- scummy.
"Why are you still alive? Didn't you claim cop? I might have this confused with another game." != "You are scummy because you're still alive and you claimed cop." Kind of a stretch, actually.
Phate, why is picking Ryan such a good kill choice? Apparently he has a reputation, but it's not one I'm familiar with.
On two separate occasions, Ryan has posted his role PM in the thread when he was pissed. Mystifyingly, he's not banned from the site. He's also just generally anti-town in his playstyle (take all the stupidity of Dubya Bush and mix that with BM's playstyle, then throw in all the stupidity of Dubya Bush again), and an asshole. I would not
quite
ask for replacement if I find I'm in a game with him, but the thought has more than crossed my mind.

Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Peers »

Damn, I got killed a lot this week. Go, Town!
Jesse Gunn
Jesse Gunn
Townie
Jesse Gunn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Jesse Gunn »

Peers wrote:
Vote: Jesse Gunn

To everyone else, he apparently seems honest. To me? He feels like scum fishing to see if anyone counterclaims or not...
That's why I investigated him, he refused to vote Six Aces and instead voted me. Why would you vote for a cop?

Turns out he died, so it was a waste.
http://www.ewexperts.com
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Oman »

Okay, I'm back from my holidays guys (I'll change the sig soon :P)

I missed the whole of D1, but firstly I'm astounded that Jessie claimed D1, and then investigated the townie that died.

Mighty coincidental, I mean, I certainly am not holding the fact that Jessie survived against him/her, as Fonz said , lotsa possible docs here.
FoS: Phate
for that, and
IGMEOY: Jessie
for that conicendence.

FoS Laptop Gun
For somehow getting "SK" out of Phates post, stinks of knowledge.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by vollkan »

Phate wrote:
Fonz wrote: Trying to suggest the survival of a cop is scummy when the strong possibility exists of one or more docs- scummy.
"Why are you still alive? Didn't you claim cop? I might have this confused with another game." != "You are scummy because you're still alive and you claimed cop." Kind of a stretch, actually.
It isn't a stretch, actually.

You expressed some level of surprise at the fact that Jesse was still alive. It's reasonable to infer that you were suggesting that his claim was rendered more doubtful because of his survival.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by Phate »

I did express surprise that Jesse was still alive. I didn't express anything like doubt for his claim.

Vote: Oman
because his casual FoS on me smells like swaying with public opinion.

kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

vote:Shteven

Take a look at his first line. Okay, it's the second line, but I don't count agreed as a line.
Shteven wrote:Agreed. I'd say it's most likely that he was doctor protected, and that mafia chose other targets instead of taking the chance on there being a doctor protection.
He says it's likely Jesse was doctor protected, he didn't say that the scum thought that Jesse was doctor protected. This means he was thinking about Jesse being protected. This makes me think he is scum who made what I believe is called a Freudian slip.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

sorry about that. I thought you were abbriviating "killer" to mean Serial Killer. I wasn't even thinkinglike you were that it was a generic catch all for whichever nightkill. My bad.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by Oman »

Phate wrote:Vote: Oman because his casual FoS on me smells like swaying with public opinion.
Thats a horrible Day 2 vote.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:00 am

Post by The Fonz »

Phate wrote:
Not at all. Put it this way, what answer could Jesse possibly have given to that question? It's clearly an insinuation that there is something suspect about JG's survival.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Phate »

How about "yeah, I claimed cop, and no, you don't have this confused with another game"?

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Phate wrote: Trying to suggest the survival of a cop is scummy when the strong possibility exists of one or more docs- scummy.
"Why are you still alive? Didn't you claim cop? I might have this confused with another game." != "You are scummy because you're still alive and you claimed cop." Kind of a stretch, actually.[/quote]

I'm not sure what you are suggesting. Do you think the scum would target the claimed cop when they think a doc maybe protecting that person?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:28 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

I would like to point out the following:
Flavour wrote:Police are seeking witnesses in the killing of Peers, Vanilla Townie, who was found dead of
two
gunshot wounds in a dumpster this morning by Holiday Inn staff.
Does this mean that two killers targetted the same person? I ask as it may provide some insight into the "Doc protection" speculation.

Also,
Phate wrote:"yeah, I claimed cop, and no, you don't have this confused with another game"
That isn't a valid answer to the initial question of "Why are you still alive?"
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Shteven »

somestrangeflea wrote:I would like to point out the following:
Flavour wrote:Police are seeking witnesses in the killing of Peers, Vanilla Townie, who was found dead of
two
gunshot wounds in a dumpster this morning by Holiday Inn staff.
Does this mean that two killers targeted the same person? I ask as it may provide some insight into the "Doc protection" speculation.
The answer to this is a definite "maybe". Something to keep in mind, but it would be rather strange for a double kill to happen on someone who didn't do much to warrant the kills day 1.

Now he did do something to warrant the investigation; i.e., voting Jesse and accusing him of lying is a perfect reason to investigate him. I really don't feel that anyone should be voting for Jesse today. I hope he manages to find another guilty result, but he's a cop in my eyes even without further success.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”