Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Gorgon »

Skruffs wrote:This game seems to be lagging, and we need to spice it up.

Here's something to chew on: Night two, two players were bashed in the head. Are there any 'motivators' or players that would help someone do more than one night action? If so, whoever they targetted ngiht two may have been scum.
Interesting point. Here's the list of deaths:

DAY 1
skitzer - Irreversibly traumatized, Nola Grand, Vanilla aka "town"

NIGHT 1
JDodge - Boiled in the cauldron, David N. Goliath, Slingshot Kid aka"town"
the silent speaker - Fired, School Secretary, Sabotageur of Bad Behavior Notes, and Protector against School Suspensions, aka "town"

NIGHT 2
Erg0 - expelled, Linus Smart, Administration Cop aka"town"
The Fonz (repl. PlaysWithSquirrels) - bashed in the head, Hans Tubbinger, Cafeteria Cop aka"town"
Nightfall - bashed in the head, Jessica Bumble, Gossiping Mason aka"town"

NIGHT 3
Gorrad - bashed in the head, Antonio Gentile, Peanut Allergy Suffferer aka"town"
vollkan - fired, School Nurse with Burn Kits and EpiPen aka"town"

We have one 'boiled in cauldron' kill N1. Sounds like soup scum. But why were there no kills in this manner N2, nor N3? Did the 'doc' get lucky both nights, or the killer blocked both nights ... or some combination. However you look at it, two nights of no killing are weird.

The firings and expulsions that take place, one per night, sound like admin scum. Nothing unusual here.

I'm not sure what 'bashed in the head' is, but it could easily be a SK. The two bashings N2 could be due to some sort of motivator, yes. Or some special attribute of the role, like an extra single-shot kill?
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Skruffs »

Oh yeah, and, additional sidenote:
vollkan was "School Nurse", SS was "School Secretary".
Both grownups didn't have names.

BattleMage does.

Hmmmm.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:30 am

Post by cicero »

Gorgon, I love you man. But that to me looked a hell of a lot like an empty post for the sake of posting. Got anything substantive to add?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Skruffs »

Hey cicero!

Do you?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

No time to make a huge post, but I don't to add this:

Thank god for a new skruffs avatar.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Skruffs wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Speaking of masons getting innocents... a-yup, I got another innocent (Yamahako, for what it's worth) last night. Given what Korlash is now saying, I'm pretty sure I'm Naive at this point.

This, in turn, means that it's time that I do a thorough reread on Skruffs and Battle Mage. At this point, I think that giving them a free pass based on investigation results is a bad idea.

I'm also interested in how none of the scum kills have targeted players in the upper half of the player list, especially since there have been no scum crosskills so far. I still suspect that there is something up with the player list, although I won't deny that ckillor coming up town is a blow to the theory. (If we do decide to lynch based on player list, Gorgon is the clear lynch today.)
Gossiping has NEVER been proven to be an investigative role.

However, The fonz cleared me of being in the soup scum mafia. Trying to refute that to put attention on me is BAD. I don't believe your claim.

I think it's funny that you abandoned your own theory yesterday o go after other people, and then,a fter it works, you still try to encourage other people that there is something about it.

Isn't it *Also* interesting to note that two claimed cops haven't been targetted, long after the other claimed cop was NK'd?

Korlash: If you are naive, like you claim, then there is no reason not to prove that you actually investigated someone, even if your investigation is faulty.

I think it's possible, and this is a spur of the moment theory, that the mason 'cops' were three people, one a 'bumbling' cheerleader, and the other two maybe each part of a mafia group. The two that were scum got the third killed to 'clear' themselves, and have been, I dunno, maybe telling their own groups who to kill who not to kill?

I don't know, it's just a theory, but it's a lot more likely than Tar's suggestion that the players who do have innocent results on them, not even by Their own claimed naive investigations, but by other, confirmed, scum-specific cops, no less, start being investigated.

I don't understand why Tarhalindur would want to cannibalize his results like that. I don't see why jsut because he has all innocent results, he would assume he's naive.

That's also why Korlash should 'confirm' his innocent results, because so far it seems that nobody who's been targetted by either of them has been Nk'd, and it's probably up to four, if not five, players by now.

I think that a pair of mason cops should be trying to investigate as many people as they can as well as claiming their results. If they are naive, it will show up after time, but until they are proven naive, there's no reason to think so.

But then again, Tarhalindur thought that one out of every three 'clumpings' was scum, and he thought that the mason-cop who had targetted him was naive, so I have no reason to think that TArhalindur is telling the truth about what he's saying.
Skruffs, the reason that I am so mistrustful of my investigation results is that I cannot square the investigation results with the way I'm seeing you play (or Battle Mage's claim, for that matter).

First: You have been continuously misrepresenting my views ever since I brought up the player list theory - you keep harping on about my original hypothesis when that hypothesis was conclusively disproved at the beginning of Day 3.

(Now, you might ask, why did I think that was the most plausible theory in the first place? The answer is that it was an educated guess. I saw the player list grouped into groups of three. Moreover, I knew that my masonry was unconfirmed and that I had another ability (note that Nightfall did not reveal that his role was identical to mine until Night 2). My gut conclusion was that each triad, in addition to a mechanical link (masonry, post restrictions, etc.), contained 1 power role, 1 relatively normal role, and 1 scum. This theory seemed to be reinforced by the fact that VitaminR - Korlash's predecessor - was utterly useless as a mason after N0. I will admit that it was a hasty hypothesis that could, and did, turn out to be wrong, but it was my hypothesis nonetheless.

Incidentally, my old doubts about VitR are one of three reasons why I haven't been taking advantage of my nighttalk capability. The others are somewhat limited enthusiasm and my perception that Korlash is an utterly useless mason partner, even if he's town.)

Second: You're being hypocritical. First, you misrepresent me and attack me for a spur-of-the-moment theory, then you try to use a spur-of-the-moment theory of your own to continue the attack? More to the point, you attack me for weak reasoning when your reasoning is based upon as many educated guesses as mine was?

Third: You attack me for thinking that I am naive, yet you subscribe to the same reasoning that lies behind my belief that I am probably naive (three sane mason-cops plus two scum-specific investigators would probably be utterly broken for the town).

(As for the merits of my naivety hypothesis - my doubts about my sanity, while fundamentally based on game balance concerns, are reinforced by some shaky flavor behind my investigation (it's not like gossip is the most reliable of sources, and popular teenage girls are often stereotyped as hopelessly naive about non-social matters) - ESPECIALLY given how closely integrated flavor and role seem to be in this game - and the fact that none of the Gossiping Masons appears to have gotten a guilty.)

Fourth: Your "I find it very interesting that neither of the claimed mason-cops has been targeted" a) reeks of inside knowledge (how can you *know* that neither of the mason-cops has been targeted?) and b) can only be answered by opening up a big fat can of WIFOM.

Fifth: If you really think that I am scum (and given the way you played yesterday, I find it difficult to believe otherwise), why aren't you backing up your words with food (or even a FoS for that matter)? To me, your play reeks of scum trying to push along a wagon without actually committing to the wagon.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Korlash »

So out of three mason cops we have... 0 guilty investigations... in... like what 3 days...

thats messed up... we suck at this X|
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Throw 100 peas at Tar

I'm not getting a good vibe about you. Your condemnation of Skruffs has nothing concrete. You theory sounds more like "in the know" than the theory Skruffs had (which you said implicated him).

I'm gonna look back for corellations between you and ABR.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You got to stop throwing those damn peas, Yam. We both know they are useless.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Speaking of which:

Mod: Can we have a Tally?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'm taking a break from mafiascum, and so request a replacement.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:57 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by Yamahako »

I can only assume they'll never deal damage :(

I guess only have 3 items I can fire at people that will deal damage.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by Korlash »

maybe they will cause loss of life then... XD Getting those obscure magic references in where ever I can you know...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by cicero »

tap tap tap.

Is this thing on?

This game is too fun for dying.

I think I'm gonna go figure out some questions for you people...
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Korlash »

Q) Why is the sky blue?

A) Because tiny azure whlplings dart back and forth at incredible speeds causing the air to turn a light shade of blue.

B) Becuase all humans turn semi-color blind when they tilt their heads up cause them to see only blue with periodical splotches of other colors.

C) Because Mith told it to be blue.

D) Korlash is talking? Screw him!

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:30 am

Post by Gorgon »

Well yeah - it very much seems like the mason-cops are naive. I find it hard to believe that they've used all their investigations on townies.

Anyway, what happened to BM? Did he forget about this game?
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:14 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

BM prodded. He'd fallen asleep on his sandwich. Anyone else?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:44 am

Post by mneme »

Me! Prod me! Hai!

Ok, maybe not. I'll post a more substantive post later.
Did I say too much?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I have a sandwich?
I got a prod, requested by someone called Grogon. rofl

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Battle Mage wrote:I have a sandwich?
I got a prod, requested by someone called Grogon. rofl

BM
That's me. I like grog!

Bring the Grog on!

P.S. No, I'm not drunk.

P.P.S. I wish I had some grog to throw.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by cicero »

Questions: Round 1. Contestant: Yamahako!

@yamahako:

Earlier you were considering scum to be ABR and Skitzer. Some questions:

1) What is your case against them again?
2) Who do you think is more likely to be scum?
3) Why did you stop pursuing cases against them.
4) Do you have a top three scum now? What direction should we pursue today
5) You said both of these things. One early and one late:
Yamahako wrote:I think the BM and Skruffs thing is just out of hand - and I think they are both town to be honest. The only person who I am 99% sure about is Skitzer... his last post is horribly scummy - and he's used the same scum logic before today.
Yamahako wrote:I believe that Battle Mage and Skruffs are members of the same mafia - purposefully arguing to distract the town.
What changed your mind? What do you think now?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:43 am

Post by cicero »

Mod: Request that you prod all players
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:48 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'm willing to vote Gorgon today. ^.^

There is no reason to assume that the cops are naive or lying based on their investigations, just because they have all received innocents. I belive Tarhalindur is scum, but that's because of slips he's made, but I'm not going to actively go after it yet, scum will eventually have to kill both of them, just because of the risk that they might be un-naive.

Anyone who was in ORK MAFIA should know that sometimes the cops just have horrible investigative skills; Shanba in that game 'cleared' the godfather n1, investigated townies the entire game, and finally found the miller.

Does anyone think they are a miller and would be willing to be investigated to check out that theory?

Battlemage is still scum,as usual. His bag of tricks is empty so he's waiting for a chance to look heroic and misdirect town to amislynch. Seen itb efore.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Gorgon »

Skruffs wrote:I'm willing to vote Gorgon today. ^.^

There is no reason to assume that the cops are naive or lying based on their investigations, just because they have all received innocents. I belive Tarhalindur is scum, but that's because of slips he's made, but I'm not going to actively go after it yet, scum will eventually have to kill both of them, just because of the risk that they might be un-naive.

Anyone who was in ORK MAFIA should know that sometimes the cops just have horrible investigative skills; Shanba in that game 'cleared' the godfather n1, investigated townies the entire game, and finally found the miller.

Does anyone think they are a miller and would be willing to be investigated to check out that theory?
So, you're willing to vote me because I agreed that the mason-cops seem to be naive? I don't quite understand ...

There were further arguments offered, besides the fact that they have no guilty investigations. One of the strongest ones, IMO, was the fact that none of them have received guilty investigations, and thus I mentioned that. I could have written a long essay where I reiterated all the arguments offered, but I saw no need to.

Also - no, I was not in ORK MAFIA, nor have I read it. You may have wastly superior stores of data to support the assertion that this is not an unusual situation, but I do not. I'm not pulling the newbie card here, just saying that I'm less experienced than you. For example, this is my first large game ever.

Also, how was that assertion scummy? Why would scum be more likely to say it? You left that out of your accusation.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”