Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Mgm »

Thesp wrote:Do you think it would be worthwhile to find this information out? A Pirate-finder could catch scum in a lie, and a vig cannot (largely speaking). This is in part why I still ponder whether or not it would be wise to make everyone claim pirate/ninja/neither - I'm not sure how useful it would be to the scum to know what townies are pirates/ninjas. If I were certain it wouldn't be useful to them, I'd press for it hardcore, because even scum lie here, there is something to catch them on (and I don't think townies would lie about this).
So exactly what would be the advantage of lying for the scum? Not lying means you cannot be caught in the lie.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Twomz »

I would have preferred a previgging claim, but eh, what's done is done. Maybe you don't get a dayvig today because you were rezzed?

How about instead of mass pirate/ninja/other claiming, if you are a pirate or ninja (protown) just say so. It will help your credibility later on and will stop scum from saying later on, "oh, yeah X is right I'm a ninja, but I'm a GOOD ninja" (DGB was pirate finder, I'm assuming there's a ninja tracker somewhere around here).

I guess we need to wait for MBL to hear back from the mod about his vigging situation.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Thesp »

Mgm wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Mgm wrote:
Guardian wrote:MGM's play has seemed very superficial and he has been going for "available"/easy targets. I'm equally unimpressed with the depth of his thinking. I'm not sure to what extent, if any, this has to say about his alignment, however.
Yes, you're totally correct, my play is totally superficial and unimpressive and it's not impressing me either. That's because it's day 1 with very little solid information to go on. It's going to be a lot better day 2.
This line of thought simply
must
go away from every mafia player's line of thought.
This is never a good excuse. This is a cop-out.
I could go around making spurious and baseless accusations, but I prefer to say useful stuff that actually makes sense.
I'm confused, are you suggesting you're incapable of good play on Day 1?
Mgm wrote:
Thesp wrote:Do you think it would be worthwhile to find this information out? A Pirate-finder could catch scum in a lie, and a vig cannot (largely speaking). This is in part why I still ponder whether or not it would be wise to make everyone claim pirate/ninja/neither - I'm not sure how useful it would be to the scum to know what townies are pirates/ninjas. If I were certain it wouldn't be useful to them, I'd press for it hardcore, because even scum lie here, there is something to catch them on (and I don't think townies would lie about this).
So exactly what would be the advantage of lying for the scum? Not lying means you cannot be caught in the lie.
I suspect it'd be useful to see who claimed to be pirate/ninja and who claimed to be neither. I think it'd be very interesting if 4 people claimed to be pirates, and 4 people claimed to be ninjas. It's not condemning in and of itself, but I think it'd be useful information. What do you think?

Gorrad, what do you think about being vigged?

Also, Mgm suspects me, so you know I'm innocent. :cool:
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Samruc »

A day-vigging "Frankenstein's monster" is unnerving...

@Fritzler: Did your role pm make it clear whether the resurrected player would be brought back as pro-town?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Guardian »

MBL, I think Thesp is the best person to run up at this point, if anyone is to be run up. Should he be yet? (shrug) Not quite.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:58 am

Post by cicero »

The correct answer on who to run up next is:

{drumroll}

Sir Tornado.

Vote: Sir Tornado

Hi!
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Thok »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Fritz brought me back cause I got a lightsaber and I plan to use it in his name. I mean, how often do you get your own pocket Jedi?
Why didn't you reread the game before deciding to vig somebody (assuming the vigging is real)? It feels like you were just trying to follow towns wishes and kill the person with the largest wagon on them, rather than decide who actually needed to be killed?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Well, I suppose I might as well claim due to my not being dead yet. I'm Oliver Hardy, mason with Stan Laurel, hasdgfas. I am told in my role PM that he's a good guy, 100% pro-town, so by vigging me at least you got a confirmed innocent. Now gee, if only you'd have let me claim CONFIRMABLE INNOCENT before you vigged, maybe I'd not be dead. MBL, you suck.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Gorrad wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Gorrad wrote:I wasn't very suspicious, no. I understood were people were coming from, but the basis of the wagon was so weak that I figured it had to be a trap I would be interrupting again by pointing out. I never intended to vote for him.
I don't believe this for a moment. I hope a vig has good sense and kills you dead tonight.
I'm a Hale and Hardy person. I think I can stand your disbelief, especially seein' as how I have nothing more to say on the matter.
Breadcrumb
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Claus »

99% the vig was just a ruse to try and rat out some scum - thus the "answer this quick" after the post. Also the mod has already done a votecount since the "daykill", so it is almost certainly fake.

That said, I wouldn't be sad if the Vig were real - although I think dayvigs are better spent on severe cases of lurkititis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Claus »

doh. Ninja'd by Gorrad's roleclaim. Meh, need to re-read heavily.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Thesp »

Gorrad wrote:Well, I suppose I might as well claim due to my not being dead yet. I'm Oliver Hardy, mason with Stan Laurel, hasdgfas. I am told in my role PM that he's a good guy, 100% pro-town, so by vigging me at least you got a confirmed innocent. Now gee, if only you'd have let me claim CONFIRMABLE INNOCENT before you vigged, maybe I'd not be dead. MBL, you suck.
I'm a 1000% sure MBL's vig was fake. hasdgfas, can you confirm?

Unvote.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Thok »

Claus wrote:99% the vig was just a ruse to try and rat out some scum - thus the "answer this quick" after the post. Also the mod has already done a votecount since the "daykill", so it is almost certainly fake.

That said, I wouldn't be sad if the Vig were real - although I think dayvigs are better spent on severe cases of lurkititis.
Even if the vig is fake, my comment still stands. I want to know why MBL would choose to fake vig the leading bandwagon, as opposed to actually reading the game and figuring out who he felt needed to die.

Now can we run up TSQ? Thesp's reaction to the MBL ressurection looks like a frustrated townie and I don't have any interested in voting him. I also hate TSQ's "I find Twomz scummy for voting the person I'm currently voting" comment.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Gosh darn it Gorrad, don't reveal two pro-town players if you don't have to. It would have been perfectly acceptable to just claim your role and name and mason's rolename. Stating who it is just gives more confirmed innocent players for the scum to kill.

So yes, this is a confirmation of me being masons with Gorrad. Yes, we are both told that we know the other one is pro-town. That is why I was opposed to a Gorrad lynch as strongly as I was.

Now off to reread more.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Claus »

unvote
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I thought I had to. Right after a ressurection, I was completely ready to accept a dayvig.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Kison »

Hi,

Sorry for my brief absence.

BuddyLee is back! Woot!
Thesp wrote:
Kison wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Kison wrote:Guardian, please explain the Thok<->Thesp link. Don't you think it's a little bit early to be drawing those kinds of conclusions?
This is wrong for several reasons.
Yeah? And I am suppose to take your word for that?
I don't care whether you do or not - in fact, you probably shouldn't. You should rethink whatever assumptions you have about this, and why at least one person thinks you're very wrong. Perhaps its a simple disagreement, but one of us is likely wrong or deceptive. (I suspect it's the former.)
I was more or less looking for what you thought was wrong and why you had such an opinion, but if you feel the need to state a flaw's existence without specifying what it might be, then so be it. I'll go grab some milk and cookies as I work to uncover this mystery.
Guardian wrote:Second, how strongly do you think I believed in the wagon in the first place? When people asked me about this, I said "I think my vote is in a good place for now." I Never said OMG Mars=Scumz lynch lynch/dayvig! If you read my posts carefully I was never that fervent about lynching Iammars, but his was among the first substantial wagons, and I thought the evidence I uncovered was the best we had to go on at the time.
Might I ask why you found Iammars to be scummier than, say, Gorrad, at the time? The problem I'm having here is not with the Iammars wagon in itself. Rather, it's the level it progressed to over a rather minute point. Yes, I realize that there are several people out there who see a major severity in saying "Yarr", but I simply have to disagree, and this is perhaps why I am troubled by the people who stuck with Iammars as their top lynch candidate for so long.
Thesp wrote:
Mgm wrote:
Guardian wrote:MGM's play has seemed very superficial and he has been going for "available"/easy targets. I'm equally unimpressed with the depth of his thinking. I'm not sure to what extent, if any, this has to say about his alignment, however.
Yes, you're totally correct, my play is totally superficial and unimpressive and it's not impressing me either. That's because it's day 1 with very little solid information to go on. It's going to be a lot better day 2.
This line of thought simply
must
go away from every mafia player's line of thought.
This is never a good excuse. This is a cop-out.
Amen. Day One is definitely painful and(to me) boring, but that does not mean there is nothing to go on.
MBL wrote:1) Was that a good vig or a bad vig?
Good choice on the who. If it was real, I would've smacked you for not letting him claim, though.
MBL wrote:2) Thesp is public enemy #2. Should we run him up next?
No. I'm not convinced of Thespscummage yet. I was mildly suspicious of him as I caught up, especially with regards to his tendency to avoid elaborating his response to others. Doesn't seal the deal for me, however.
Guardian wrote:I assume that MBL and Fritz are town, as I find that far most likely.
I would beg you not to turn "most likely" into an assumption. Assume nothing but what you know to be true!

I'm going to have to agree with Thesp on his point that going for the vigilante over the cop was a bad move. Town can lynch. That's what they do. A cop lets you do that more accurately. However, I don't think complaining about it is going to undo anything.

OK, I just read Gorrad's claim.

Unvote

You outed your mason partner... WHY?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Gorrad, for future reference: You never out your mason buddy/buddies. You claim mason, then if you turn up dead, if there is only one other mason, he/she claims to avoid fake mason claims by scum if that mason turns up dead before having time to claim. Outing confirmed innocents is always a bad thing because then the scum have free targets that nobody will vote for later.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Because I thought I was dead. The fact that I can confirm him protown would have helped later. Otherwise, there would be people either a) thinking he might be scum partnered with town (If I didn't say he was confirmed) or b) claiming Laurel (if I did say he was confirmed, but not who he was). Obviously, I didn't WANT to claimt his early, but I felt I had no better option.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Simulposted. Hasdgfas, let's chalk that up to my never being mason before.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Unvote Vote: Twomz

He strikes me as scummy.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by Guardian »

*is extremely gratified about being correct about Gorrad*

now especially, I think Thesp owes the town to explain this BS Gorrad - Mars link he claimed to see so clearly earlier

People, I'm usually right about these things, just few listen to me and I have a hard time convincing people. Listen to me better :[ ].

Protip: Thesp needs more votes.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Guardian »

Kison wrote:
Guardian wrote:Second, how strongly do you think I believed in the wagon in the first place? When people asked me about this, I said "I think my vote is in a good place for now." I Never said OMG Mars=Scumz lynch lynch/dayvig! If you read my posts carefully I was never that fervent about lynching Iammars, but his was among the first substantial wagons, and I thought the evidence I uncovered was the best we had to go on at the time.
Might I ask why you found Iammars to be scummier than, say, Gorrad, at the time?
Cuz I'm pretty baller about figuring out who is/isn't scum. I never saw one case on Gorrad that was convincing to me that he was scummy, and a few cases (especially some comments from Thesp) that seemed completely contrived/made up.

Kison wrote:The problem I'm having here is not with the Iammars wagon in itself. Rather, it's the level it progressed to over a rather minute point. Yes, I realize that there are several people out there who see a major severity in saying "Yarr", but I simply have to disagree, and this is perhaps why I am troubled by the people who stuck with Iammars as their top lynch candidate for so long.
I stuck with Iammars until I found Thesp. No one else proposed anyone better while I was on Iammars. So I don't see how one could be troubled by me staying on Iammars.

Also -- "the level it progressed to"? Your post implies you find me suspicious; I find it odd to blame the first voter for "the level it progressed to".
Do not lynch me.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Unvote
Ugghgerhrrhghjgewhjgrkwqjgkehr!!!!
GORRAD!

/SMACK

Why the hell would you claim your partners name?

WHY!?

UGHHHHH

Sjbefkehwsfhilwjetgfhre
Now can we run up TSQ? Thesp's reaction to the MBL ressurection looks like a frustrated townie and I don't have any interested in voting him. I also hate TSQ's "I find Twomz scummy for voting the person I'm currently voting" comment.
Furthermore, thok, that wasn't at all why I said he was suspicious to me. I said that he was lurking in plain sight. Many of his posts have a "Jeez I'm sorry for not posting content, this game is too fast...Don't look over here for content, thanks." Theme to them. For him to then come in and vote the person with the most votes without any original logic at all to me screams of opportunism. What does it say to you? What does the fact that he voted the person that I was voting have to do with anything? Are we not allowed to be wrong about the person we were voting, especially on day one? You're really stretching to find me suspicious.

In fact, I think twomz could use a little pressure.
vote: Twomz
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Thok »

Guardian wrote:now especially, I think Thesp owes the town to explain this BS Gorrad - Mars link he claimed to see so clearly earlier
If I ask you to try to explain the (IMHO) BS Thesp-Thok link you suggested earlier, would try to explain that? Or have you decided to discard that?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”