Mafia 74: Minimally Flavoured - Game over!

egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by egruntz »

Skruffs wrote:
egruntz wrote:
FOS: Xylthixlm

No, not because he voted for me, but because he seems he wants to get the day done with, and skip right onto night. It's best to spend your time and gather the proper information before casting a vote, otherwise you could end up screwing your own team greatly. Why rush things when we've limited time, anyway? Why create a bandwagon just for the hell of it?

Not a scummy move, but something that grabbed my attention.

[OOC: Sorry for not posting in the last couple of days or so. This Christmas sure kept me busy! I've received a Nintendo Wii, along with Super Mario Galaxy, and some other accessories. That'll definitely keep me busy for a while! I'll still be keeping an eye out in this mafia, though; so no worries!]
Interesting. I haven't read through the whole game, just isolated egruntz to see how he 'knew' zyl was scum. The beginning fo the day was him defending no lynching, but in this post, he goes and fosses Xyl for, I guess, stirring up the game? It seems eqruntz's modus operandi is to limit the amount of information. No lynches. No bandwagons. Just... what... night? :)

This is later enforced when he votes DS for creating Bandwagons. (He votes DS, only fosses Xyl)

Sounds like distancing to me. ^.^
I mentioned no-lynching on day one if all we could do is randomly vote for people. Later I realized that wasn't such a good idea, and started to adapt to how you people play mafia over here.

Again, over speculation.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by Skruffs »

IF you had explained why you were suspicious of him, maybe. But you said you were suspicious of him for for creating a bandwagon - you later shifted that attack over to DS and kind of ignored Xyl, except to mention that yes, you still suspect him. There's a term for that; when you accuse your scum buddy of something, then move it onto a townie, and then when the townie comes up town, use that to try and 'clear' your partner.

It's not very long sighted in scope, though.
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by egruntz »

I mentioned that both DS and Xyl were creating bandwagons. I also mentioned that DS was doing it more so than Xyl. If that be the case, who do you think I would pay more attention toward?
egruntz
egruntz
Goon
egruntz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by egruntz »

Right. Then time to go eat.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I find it ironic that the townie(fonz) who came after me when I went after the mafia goon(xyl) also ended up dead. Along with the other person I was suspicious of(CKD). I'm gonna have to go have another look at day one, but right now what people are saying about egruntz is making sense, and his own posts are not doing anything to help his case.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by PJ. »

Okay before I adovacate the lynch of egruntz with a case I want to indulge in some kill speculation. I think that a vig/sk killed CKD and that there are 2 mafia groups, Xyl's thinking that Fonz was a threat and the other group thinking Xyl was a threat.

My second guess. We have a single, larger scumgroup and an SK and a Vig. Scum still shooting Fonz, Vig Shooting CKD and SK hitting Xyl due to Sk think Xyl is a threat. Do not take either of these as abosolute, they are simply my opinions on the matter. I don't think there should be a huge arguement about this, just throwing my opinions out there.

Egruntz should be lynched. Period. He is currently flailing and Xyl early actions seem to as if Xyl was trying to almost bus Egruntz.*refraining from directing the vig due to that being scummy*

By the way,
Huge FoS: BooKitty
If I wasn't positive that egruntz was scum, I'd want her lynched immediately. People seem to be ruling out the biggest most probable option. Godfather.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by PJ. »

EBWOP: Godfather appear innocent no immune. I retract most of my FoS but there are reasons I'm keeping secret. Possibly could be neutral.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Skruffs »

There's no reason to lynch bookitty because a claimed cop claimed to not get a result on her.

IS bookitty acting scummy? That's why she should be lynched. (If there is a reason)
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Korlash »

Interesting game... One thing... I don't really understand Panzer's 456 post...

Godfather appear innocent no immune... Is there suppose to be a comma in there?

Also do you automatically assume every cop calimed innocent is the godfather right off the bat?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Bookitty »

I think (not certain, but I think) that Panzerjager got confused and thought that a godfather would show up as "no result", rather than innocent. That's not been my experience, but he did retract his statement once he considered it. (About three minutes later.)

If I'm wrong, I suspect Panzerjager will correct me, but I thought he just made a mistake and then realised it.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:40 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I live in New Orleans and it is Mardi Gras weekend, so I will be very very drunk for most of the next five days. I'll be checking the site occasionally but won't be able to really participate until Wednesday, just to give everyone a heads up.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by PJ. »

No..BooKitty is right.

Godfather's appear innocent on investigation, they are not immune. I was thinking they were immune, giving him a "no result" but i checked the wiki and I was wrong.

Right, now I'm putting my money on role blocker. Reasons to be withheld for now.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Korlash »

Did a bit of backpeddeling in thie gmase to try and get a bit more active... here are som things from today at least...
Skruffs wrote: Anyways, no way to know at this time, but I would be a bit wary of people saying "Wow xyl had me completely fooled" - I always consider statements like that to be scum covering their tracks.
And I consider statements where you outline what a scum might do beforehand thus preventing the scum from doing it a bit of coaching for your partners. Just wondering why you would inform the scum not to do something is all...
Skruffs wrote:There's a term for that; when you accuse your scum buddy of something, then move it onto a townie, and then when the townie comes up town, use that to try and 'clear' your partner.
thats one long term... clouldn;t we condense it into one word... like... partner clearing... wait thats two words... dangit...

man... not a lot more I could add to the Egruntz thing... that one seems pretty cut and dry. I'll wait to see what he says when he gets back from eating...

and thats about it... man I'm helpful eh... ^^

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Korlash »

EBWOP: Man... ignore all those dang spellcheck errors... <.< It was that guy over there I swear!

liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by liamcool »

Antithesis wrote:
Rishi wrote:Since it appears I am being roleblocked I guess its a safe assumption to hope there isn't a framer at work. Maybe if we are lucky we can lynch the blocker today and I can do a better job.
This might seem like a stupid suggestion, but has anyone else even thought of the possibility of Antithesis either A) investigating someone else last night and keeping results to himself (god knows why) or B) not investigating at all last night, due to the possibility that he's not a cop, and the real cop has decided to keep to himself for now?

I personally don't believe either, just wanted to throw them out as thereotical scenarios.
Korlash wrote:
Skruffs wrote:There's a term for that; when you accuse your scum buddy of something, then move it onto a townie, and then when the townie comes up town, use that to try and 'clear' your partner.
thats one long term... clouldn;t we condense it into one word... like... partner clearing... wait thats two words... dangit...
Distancing?
we cry under the sheltering sky
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Korlash »

hmmm I don't know if trying to clear your partner is the same as distancing though.... I always thought of distancing as bussing without the lynch.

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by vollkan »

Egruntz wrote: Knew Xyl was scum >.>.
Good for you! I agree with hasdfas that this looks like trying to score points.
Skruffs wrote: It all depends on the mod. Some mods only have Guilty results - a "No result" can mean that the player is innocent, or that the investigation failed.

Of course, BooKitty could also be a Neutral player, like a survivor, or whatnot, and sometimes those dont' show up.
I think the most likely explanation would be RB. If "No Result" is what happens for neutral players, then that is a possibility, but RB is more common.

PBPA of egruntz

0: Pushes NL. He seems to think that the random votes are intended to push a random lynch. Given the fact he is inexperienced, this is feasible to come from newbtown or newbscum. Interestingly, he doesn't vote for NL - saying he wants it to be discussed. This looks like he is trying to avoid potentially going against a consensus.
1: Continues pushing No Lynch, says his experience on other sites has it as a good thing.
2: More about his past experience
3: Shifts his position to say that we just shouldn't be voting or lynching randomly - which isn't the same as pushing NL.
4: Keeps opposing random votes. Says "Sure random voting helps stir up discussion, but otherwise I see no use for it" This is pretty stupid, since the only point of random voting IS to stir up discussion. He's basically admitting that random voting does exactly what it is meant to.
5: Corrects someone who voted for Liam instead of himself due to quote mux-ip
6: Says that he personally thinks NL is good, despite having also been opposed on other sites. Now he says that he doesn't think there is any need to NL, just that it is a good option. Again, his position varies since it was initially that he thought NL was best.
7: FoSes Xyl. This is interesting. The reason for the FoS is that he thinks Xyl wants to rush a lynch. However, egruntz makes it clear that "Not a scummy move, but something that grabbed my attention." Trying to make an attack, but also downplaying its significance. Smells like distancing.
8: Rejects that he is either newb or scum
9: "As I mentioned before, it would be best to not lynch at all if we all can't come up with a final and positive conclusion that a certain person is mafia." Actually, what you mentioned before has now varied several times.
10: Typo
11: Now says that D1 doesn't give enough evidence on which to base a lynch (and, of course, then you get to D2 with nothing and make a crappy lynch so you are actually worse off)
12: Says that you should be as sure as possible before lynching
13: Advocates getting rid of idiots.
14: Votes DS for BWing and being "too defensive". This was sixth on the wagon and is not very much substantiated.
15: Suspects (in order) DS, Mills, Xyl. The fact Xyl is in third place smacks of distancing (put a scumbuddy in your top suspects).
16: Promises content
17: "Knew Xyl was scum" Yeah, I bet you did :roll:
18: Says it wasn't trying to get points and was just "a friendly note." It might well be a "friendly note" (WTF is a friendly note?) but that doesn't rule the brownie-point seeking out.
19: Apparently he initially raised NL only against random lynching and later started to adapt to our playstyle. He was, in fact, consistently pushing NL, albeit for ever-changing reasons, and only cast a vote when it got him onto a cushy BW.
20: Says that he chose DS over Xyl since DS was doing more wagoning. First up, what about Mills? Secondly, you only had Xyl as a third suspect (you weren't expressing conviction that he was scum) and gave no explanation for that professed suspicion.
21: "Time to go eat"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm a little wary of how much suspicion this guy merits, because he seems to be immensely naive. Nonetheless, his shifty advocacy of NL, his lack of scumhunting (apart from a slapdash DS vote) and what looks an awful lot like distancing to Xyl make him very suspicious in my eyes.

Egruntz, you have some explaining to do.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:40 pm

Post by PJ. »

My 2 cents. I like lynching newbie scum therefore lynch egruntz.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Skruffs »

Korlash wrote:
Skruffs wrote: Anyways, no way to know at this time, but I would be a bit wary of people saying "Wow xyl had me completely fooled" - I always consider statements like that to be scum covering their tracks.
And I consider statements where you outline what a scum might do beforehand thus preventing the scum from doing it a bit of coaching for your partners. Just wondering why you would inform the scum not to do something is all...

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure everyone has already commented anything they are going to comment, IE 'reactions' about Xyl.
Inasmuch, scum have probably already said anything they intend to say.

What did you say about him dying?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Skruffs »

liamcool wrote:
Korlash wrote:
Distancing?
No.. I think it's more like "False Negatives" or something like that. It happened in Open 19, a nightless game. John (scum) slipped, was tied to Occult (town), the wagon moved from John to Occult... I saw it then and tried to warn everyone but it was too late, Occult was lynched, adn then Battlemage (scum) the next day tried to use Occult's towniness to clear John.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by PJ. »

The Back-Up cop is dead so we know there has to be a cop. By virtue of no one counter claiming Antithesis, antithesis is pretty definently cop, and by virtue of(warning: I'm about to coin a new term) "Metamodding" Mafia probably has a roleblocker. Not only is that the most common site-wide it is the most common for elias personally. I'm willing to beat it is a roleblocker, but enough setup speculation aND trying to out smart the mod, lets lynch egruntz.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

I have thought about it, and after looking at vollkan's PBPA, which put all of egruntz's posts in perspective...
vote: egruntz

I haven't seen anything real useful from him, and after the day 1 of pushing NL, the trying to get brownie points really reeks of scum.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Korlash »

skruffs wrote:What did you say about him dying?
I don't know.. let me check my 5 posts in this game and find out... [/slap]

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Phate »

After a reread of Egruntz, I'm very close to voting him. First, however:
Mod: I'd like a votecount
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

The "Sorry for the delay" Flavorless Votecount:

egruntz - 3
(Bookitty, Panzerjager, hasdgfas)
Korlash - 1
(Snaps_the_Pirate)
OhGodMyLife - 1
(Rishi)
Antithesis - 0

Bookitty - 0

liamcool - 0

Snaps the pirate - 0

panzerjager - 0

Xyzzy - 0

Hasdgfas - 0

Skruffs - 0

Phate - 0

Rishi - 0

Vollkan - 0

Nobody - 9
(Antithesis, Vollkan, Phate, Skruffs, Xyzzy, liamcool, OhGodMyLife, Korlash, egruntz)

With
fourteen
alive, it will take
eight
to lynch.

Deadline will be
Sunday, February 24th, at 10 PM EST.

I play the games rul gud.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”