Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote: Does anyone think they are a miller and would be willing to be investigated to check out that theory?
Yeh, i've got an inkling i'm a miller. I mean it wasnt in my role pm, but my gut tells me the Mod sent me the wrong pm. /sarcasm

How would you THINK you are a miller?
You either are or you arent.
Skruffs wrote: Battlemage is still scum,as usual. His bag of tricks is empty so he's waiting for a chance to look heroic and misdirect town to amislynch. Seen itb efore.
Sometime i would like to see a record of your vote history. Then i'll remind you of this point and watch you cry with shame. lol
If you have anything new to bring to the game, please do. Id actually rather see you lurk than actively mislead the town.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Yamahako »

I'll post a response sometime today
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:15 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The February 5 deadline is not retractable!

Nice to see that you have learnt a lesson, and keeping the cafeteria clean.

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:18 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Penguins of the Serengeti (which is really Nightfall using an alt account to avoid confusion) will be replacing ABR.

He's busy for the next few days, but he promised he would try to post and toss.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Hey BAttleMage:

You mean like when I moved the lynch away from Fonz (COP) and onto Lowell(SCUM)?

As compared to you, who wanted me lynched for having renewable bad behavior notes, only to THEN acede that that is, in fact, how the game works?? Who's entire purpose this game seems to be tossing cheap jabs at people rather than scum hunting?
Who only posts in the game after someone notes that he's lurking? Who basically broke every single claiming rule there is in the game so far, but still is having ht epretensions of being a good player?

Heh heh heh. Right. When you are contributing, I'll resopnd to you again. Until then, continue waiting until the next chance for you to be oppurtunistic.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Gorgon: I'm not saying you are pullign the newbie card. I am saying that it's not totally unusual for cops to receive innocents every night, for a while. THe same thing happened to me as my first time as a cop in Love Boat mafia.

And look at who's been investigated:
Skruffs, Skruffs, Battle Mage, Yamahako, and (I forget). That's five people, or whatnot, right/ Out of 30 or so? Do you ahve a reason to believe that any of those people should have come up scum? If you do, please say why.

The reason scum would be more likely to say it is because they would KNOW if oen of their own have been investigated, which would tell them the cops are naive. There's no reason to assume it otherwise. THe only way we can tell is if someone they have claimed to have investigated, comes up scum. That infers they are scum or naive.
(I'm willing to believe that Tar is scum, but I Say that in every post.)

How about the foreign kids. Is there any reason to suggest that some of them are either A) Admins (of say the foreign language sector) or B) Soup scum (of, say, ethnic foods?)

I doubt that all of them could be scum, I also doubt that all of htem would be town.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by TheHermit »

I can say, with
grand certitude
, that I am neither admin scum nor soup scum. For this reason I would hesitate to say that any foreigner is or is not scum. If all foreigners were scum, that would make it too easy to find them; if the opposite, you have a confirmed townie problem. Either way, it is likely that there is at least one of use that does not hail from this country. Whatever this country happens to be.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:58 am

Post by mneme »

Konichiwa.

I don't think it's beyond possibility that all the foreign-language students are town. Since regardless, we're not confirmed (because we can't be sure that all foreign-lang students are town), it's not by any means a particularly strong role. (also, FL characters don't fit all that well into Admin or Soup -- one could shoehorn them in, but it's not a great fit).

I agree that Gorgon's certainty of the gossips being naive points to the possiblitiy of him and probably one of those "cleared" being naive.

We've got a tight-ish deadline, so...

throw one perl line sushi roll at Gorgon
Did I say too much?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:06 am

Post by cicero »

Yamahako wrote:I'll post a response sometime today
Today is over. Well...the today you posted that.

Throw sandwich at Yamahako
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote:Hey BAttleMage:

You mean like when I moved the lynch away from Fonz (COP) and onto Lowell(SCUM)?
No i was actually referring to your opportunistic wagonning of Hasdgfas yesterday. -.-

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:14 am

Post by cicero »

Why do you two snipe back and forth but never actually throw food at each other?

I'm not trying to goad you to do it. I'm trying to figure out the sincerity of your accusations.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

cicero wrote:Why do you two snipe back and forth but never actually throw food at each other?

I'm not trying to goad you to do it. I'm trying to figure out the sincerity of your accusations.
If Skruffs is scum, he isnt the ONLY scum. Unless theres some hope of actually getting him lynched, me throwing food at him achieves nothing, and merely gives the town less chance of hitting a perhaps easier scum target.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:26 am

Post by cicero »

I dont think either of you are scum, really. But that answer seems kind of scummy. If he's not the only scum, who do you think is scummier?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Gorgon »

mneme wrote: I agree that Gorgon's certainty of the gossips being naive points to the possiblitiy of him and probably one of those "cleared" being naive.
What do you mean? Is the second 'naive' supposed to read 'scum', perhaps?

As for your question, Skruffs, no I don't have any clear reason, per se, to believe any of the people cleared are actually guilty. I didn't even have a full grasp of who had been cleared when I said I believed the cops were naive.

I didn't f*cking think things this far. If you want to lynch me for that, go ahead. It's not like I'm in way too many games for my taste anyway.

I get why this is scummy now - it might have indicated that I have the hidden knowledge that one of the people cleared are scum, but it's not. There's of course little I can say at this point to convince you otherwise.

This is why I have been quiet in this game - I don't really know what's going on in it ... and of course the minute I say anything game relevant, it's blown out of proportion like it's a huge tell, just because it's not well thought out. I f*cking hate tells.

Regarding the foreign kids, I'm not sure all of them are town. It's just a little too simplistic to set things up so all the people with foreign language posting restrictions are town, IMO.

Anyway, if I had to vote right now, it would be Yamahoko. The questions that cicero dug up for him were actually quite interesting, and his reluctance to answer them is troublesome.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:31 am

Post by cicero »

I'm troubled by how many people in this game are just running out the clock.

Are you all doing it to make your alpha strikes have more power on February 5th?

FOS FUCKING LURKERS{/b]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:31 am

Post by cicero »

FOS FUCKING LURKERS
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Skruffs »

cicero : I snipe at him because he is playing completely retardedly, and has been ever since i pointed out that playing intelligently is usually a scum tell. Nobody seems to put any consideration, in fact other people try to put accusations on ME because I am constantly pickign out scummy behavior he does. What am I suppose to do? I keep hoping scum will kill him, but they never do. Obviously the bad behavior notes don't seem to do anything. I hopd that they would 'add up' over several days into a day vig, that didn't work. i tried using them over many people twith the hopes it would roleblock scum, but i don't know if that worked. Since he's a vanilla with a power role, I'm not going to try and get a power role lynched. Although his role is a contradiction just in claiming it, i don't go after claimed power roles when there are bigger fish to fry.

battle mage has very carefully built up a reputation of being incredibly bad at mafia when he is town, and not so bad when he is scum. I have a reputation for just sounding crazy to people because icome up with ideas and speculations that don't make sense.

Here's a theory, maybe bad behavior notes keep kids 'grounded' for the night, which prevents them from being able to do their night actions - like talking on the phone, maybe. it might also act as a sort of protection, like miniature jailkeeping or whatnot.

would either of hte cops mind if i gave them a bad behvior note, to see if it stops them from doing their actions?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Gorgon »

Anyway, this game started out with 24 people, which is a bit less than 30.

Are
you
paying attention, Skruffs?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Gorgon »

I get why you're going after BM, Skruffs, and I also get why it's not working - BM is too erratic a player, especially when he's town. His scummy behaviour is too easily written off because of this.

I'm not ruling out the possibility that he' scum, though. Especially since he hasn't contributed much of value to this game for quite some time now.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yamahako has an 'innocent' on him, though, right?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:40 am

Post by mneme »

Gorgon wrote:
mneme wrote: I agree that Gorgon's certainty of the gossips being naive points to the possiblitiy of him and probably one of those "cleared" being naive.
What do you mean? Is the second 'naive' supposed to read 'scum', perhaps?
Hai. 2nd "naive" was supposed to be scum. Oops.

I suspect the gossips are not perfect cops in some fashion myself, but that's because 3 cops with full cop powers and a mason role are COMPLETELY BROKEN -- they'd be able to make investigations secretly, while sharing them with their mason partners and making sure they don't overlap until they have the whole town scoped out; even without confirmation, they'd have pretty good odds not revealing investigations since they were unlikely to lose all three members in one night, or even two at once (it's hard for the mafias to coordinate their kills...), and even without public reveals, their invesitagions would be "safe".

The fact that our masons haven't played that way (and, in fact, seem to have played exactly the opposite way, concealing their abilities and targets from one another as well as the town) points to a combination of bad play (what, nobody suggested this. Of three townie masons?) or more likely, one or more of the "masons" being scum. That said, if one assumes none of the masons are scum, then it's most likely that their investigatory power isn't complete -- 3 townie cop-masons, even without confirmation, woudl be too likely to break the game as above. So I'd guess either their sanity is in question or there's some reliability hack as mentioned earlier (ie, %naive, where % is masons targetting a player/masons left), simply for game balance reasons.
Gorgon wrote: This is why I have been quiet in this game - I don't really know what's going on in it ... and of course the minute I say anything game relevant, it's blown out of proportion like it's a huge tell, just because it's not well thought out. I f*cking hate tells.
Tells are tells; they're important, but not that important.

But the biggest tell is lurkish, passive behavior.
Did I say too much?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Gorgon »

Skruffs wrote:Yamahako has an 'innocent' on him, though, right?
True. But if one assumes that the mason-cops are naive, this is irrelevant.

Not that I'm stating this assumption as fact
, but I think it's likely. I do at least think it's quite likely that not all of
three
mason-cops are completely sane. That's just way too overpowered.

Also, the cheerleader nature of the flavour is another indicator, IMO. If they're just gossiping cheerleaders, I'm not sure they'd make for such good actual investigators.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:42 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:Yamahako has an 'innocent' on him, though, right?
Which innocent? Not that it matters that much because he'd need two innocents or a coordinated mason innocent for me to absolve him.

But I forget. Who cleared him?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Gorgon »

mneme wrote:Tells are tells; they're important, but not that important.

But the biggest tell is lurkish, passive behavior.
Glad you agree. I agree with the second one as well, and know that I am guilty of passiveness in this game. I'm trying to change that now ... a plus is that I'm actually not as insanely busy these days as I was for way too long, so I actually have some time to devote to MS.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:44 am

Post by cicero »

aye. Like I said, it's either that the masons arent really cops at all (naive) or that they need to work together to find a guilty. Three full cops plus a soup cop and an admin cop... well, that's obviously town OP. It's always been clear to me that the masons had to be gimpy in some way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”