Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:26 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Thesp: 4 (Guardian, hasdgfas, Gorrad, Mgm)
Twomz: 3 (KaleiÐoscøpe, Thestatusquo, mikeburnfire)
Gorrad: 2 (Flameaxe, The Fonz)
cicero: 2 (Iammars, UltimaAvalon)
Rosso Carne: 2 (Kison, Thok)
Sir Tornado: 2 (cicero, Claus)
Skruffs: 1 (Samruc)
UltimaAvalon: 1 (JordanA24)
Iammars: 1 (Sir Tornado)
Guardian: 1 (Erg0)
KaleiÐoscøpe: 1 (Fritzler)

Not voting: 5 (Skruffs, Rosso Carne, MrBuddyLee, Thesp, Twomz)

13 to lynch!

Deadline will be ~12th February.

Under Rule [05], nobody would be lynched at deadline.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:02 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

By the way, I'm holding off on releasing my N1 Vig target for several reasons.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:07 am

Post by Thesp »

MrBuddyLee wrote:By the way, I'm holding off on releasing my N1 Vig target for several reasons.
I was just thinking about this and going to ask about it. I'm curious as to why.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Skruffs »

My recent experience in Big Brother Mafia suggests that the theory that one scum group will "hunt" the other is posited by scum and NOT true. I'm still very bitter about that game, though. I was town and I played horribly, but scum did not have to hunt each other to win.

Fos : Erg0
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Erg0 »

From your description I'd say I had a similar experience in Candy Mafia, but I think I drew something different from it than you did. The scum don't have to hunt each other to ensure that
one
of the scum groups wins, but if they want
their
scum group to win then they need to get rid of at least some of the other scum or they're just relying on blind luck. Optimal scum play in a multiple-group game is to try and gain a numerical advantage over the other scum groups(s). Whether scum actually do this in practice I don't know - I've never been in that situation as scum. It's certainly what
I'd
do, though.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:18 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Happy birthday Erg0

I've been scum in a few multiple scum games in Scumchat, and basically what we did was we used the Day to kill those we thought were scum and Night to kill those we thought were Town. It gave Town a boosted confidence at their ability to hunt scum, when actually they were losing the whole time. It was fun.

On the subject of Massclaims, I do believe they are good for Town, and I have yet to see a situation where it was, indeed, not beneficial to Town. The reason I dropped the issue, and stopped answering questions, is I don't understand theory and such, and I can't really answer why I believe massclaims are good. I simply do. The other reason I dropped the issue, is because I don't want to see a massclaim in this game (at least, not this early), as I believe it could destroy the game, not necessarily in a Town loss, but it would ruin the air of mystery surrounding it as a Stoofer game, and quite possibly make it less fun.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Skruffs »

Umm...
Hmm.
If you really think Stoofer would make a game that would be breakable by mass claiming, I'm sorry for you.

I appreciate the thought, but not mass claiming because it would ruin the mystery is very short sighted. Or.. do you think that the scum would claim pirates nad ninjas and thus be exposed immediately? Explain your reasoning there.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Twomz »

UA wrote:Happy birthday Erg0
/bandwagon

@ MBF: Care to elaborate beyond you "wouldn't mind killing [me] today"?

@ TSQ:
TSQ wrote:Twomz, I am getting more and more suspicious of you. Every time you've posted in this thread its about how the game is giving you a headache and you don't feel like you're actually producing anything. This is true, you're not producing anything. I feel like it's almost become a smoke shield that you're using to avoid posting content. And for someone who has not added particularly anything to the day thusfar, I expect better than a one sentence blip about an argument that has already been made as an excuse to vote the player with the most number of votes.
I posted/am posting the way I did/am because the alternative is not posting at all. I prefer letting it be known that I am trying to contribute and failing as opposed to looking like I am trying to slip under the radar. The content/contributions will come in thread when I can reason them out. And what is wrong with agreeing with someone else's arguments to vote for someone? Are you saying that every time I vote I have to come up with a reason that no one has thought of? Are you fucking insane? And where does that leave people like K-scope, who not only doesn't come up with original reasons, but doesn't give any reasons at all?
Twomz, the only person I have ever actually seen that meta work on was creampuffeater.
Well, those are 2 of the 3 patterns I can remember, where the other one is I am almost always lynched Day 1 as doctor (or at least forced to claim). It is to the point where i am surprised when I doesn't happen in a game (for all 3 patterns). I wish I could give more examples, but my completed large games are all old and forgotten by me and others.

Are there any points that I missed? Being tied at 2 votes with everyone is annoying, we need to consolidate some of these baseless votes... I doubt I'll have much free time tonight, but I should have plenty of time for a re-read (good god, 25 pages on Day 1 and with no one even 1/2 way to a lynch yet) tomorrow.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:24 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Skruffs wrote:Umm...
Hmm.
If you really think Stoofer would make a game that would be breakable by mass claiming, I'm sorry for you.

I appreciate the thought, but not mass claiming because it would ruin the mystery is very short sighted. Or.. do you think that the scum would claim pirates nad ninjas and thus be exposed immediately? Explain your reasoning there.
I meant it destroys games in general. Granted, the only experience I have of Stoofer games is Space Monkeys, which, if I recall correctly, was solved through mass claim, and a bunch of early morning Shirt games in Scumchat, which is basically a test to see who can fake claim the best.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Guardian »

Thesp-Thok connection:

I'm not sure if I believe in this atm, in any event, I'd not push for Thok's lynch before Thesp's atm, so I'm not particularly interested in it right now.

But, my reasoning:

First, there was a suspicious undercurrent of Thok & Thesp "knowing something we didn't know" that they discussed for a while, which felt to me like it might have been scum talk. This was the main thing I didn't like; their interaction didn't feel genuine.

Then, there are multiple instances where Thok calls Thesp town-like/null-tell for things that imo are very similar if not exactly the same to things he finds as scum tells for others, notably how Thesp acted on the Mars wagon.

Even recently, when I put out some bait using the questionable argument of appealing to authority by saying "look the masons are voting thesp, you should too", Thok jumped in and refocused an attack on me before anyone else had the chance to respond to my comment.

So, I feel like Thok and Thesp were communicating about something, and also I see Thok's recurring theme of defending Thesp for actions similar to what others have done, and trying to redirect discussion about Thesp to discussion of other candidates.

---

I have a few more things to say right now, but I'm going to split them up into separate posts. The above is the basis of my thinking on Thok being linked to Thesp. I don't neccesarily believe that Thok scum would imply Thesp scum, but Thesp scum might point to Thok scum.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Guardian »

Thesp, I don't think that interpretation of Gorrad-Iammars is very reasonable.

Gorrad said he didn't want to mess up another "secret plan" like he did earlier, so he put a weak FOS on to see where it went. Even so, he explicitly stated he didn't like the Iammars wagon, but that he'd like to hear what Iammars had to say.

I don't really buy seeing that interaction as a link, because I can't see myself seeing it as a link. It seems made up.
Do not lynch me.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Thesp »

Guardian wrote:Even recently, when I put out some bait using the questionable argument of appealing to authority by saying "look the masons are voting thesp, you should too", Thok jumped in and refocused an attack on me before anyone else had the chance to respond to my comment.
Am I reading this right - you have problems with Thok for calling you out on an argument you knew was problematic?

What???

I know that's not exclusively what you're saying, but this stands out to me as incredibly odd. I'm thinking more and more as I hear from you that you're just full of it, whether it's because you've pre-concluded that I'm scum and are trying to make the facts fit the theory, or because you're scum making it up. One more thing:
Guardian, numbers mine wrote:So,
(1)
I feel like Thok and Thesp were communicating about something, and also
(2)
I see Thok's recurring theme of defending Thesp for actions similar to what others have done, and
(3)
trying to redirect discussion about Thesp to discussion of other candidates.
I agree entirely with (1) - I'm not sure how it's an indication that the two communicating are more likely to be scum. As to (2), I'm interested in seeing what similarities you've observed, as I've noticed him defending me, but I haven't noticed what he's theoretically overlooked in others. As to (3), wouldn't that be the sensible thing to do if you thought the figure seemingly in the biggest spotlight wasn't scum? I know I would - I'm not sure why I would do any different.

I don't know what basis you're using to divine why someone is more likely to be scum, other than "I don't like how he's playing". I don't see how (in the case of (1) and (3)) those actions are likely to indicate that someone is scum, and in the case of (2), I just don't see it. I'm having a hard time taking you seriously anymore.

PPE:
Guardian wrote:Gorrad said he didn't want to mess up another "secret plan" like he did earlier, so he put a weak FOS on to see where it went. Even so, he explicitly stated he didn't like the Iammars wagon, but that he'd like to hear what Iammars had to say.
THAT'S EXACTLY WHY IT SHOULD THROW UP RED FLAGS. IT'S INDICATING WISHY-WASHINESS, WHICH IS MORE OFTEN SEEN IN SCUM. SCUM ESPECIALLY LIKE TO APPEAR THAT THEY ARE AGAINST THEIR PARTNERS WITHOUT PUTTING GENUINE PRESSURE, WHICH IS WHAT SAID QUOTE DID.

PS: In Mafia, the scum often do not tell the truth. I'm uncertain why you think I should have taken Gorrad at his word when he said he was just trying to play along, particularly when I thought he was likely to be scum at the time.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Guardian »

Erg0 wrote:I really have difficulty understanding why Guardian is kind of skating by for doing much the same thing as Thesp, but then abandoning his position when it became clear that it was becoming unpopular. At least Thesp stuck to his guns in the face of the wagon against him, which is either a sign that he was acting in good faith or a pretty big gamble if he's scum.
I want to reiterate that I don't think that is at all a fair assumption to make about my moving my vote. I abandoned it because your reasoning started to make some sense, and Thesp seemed like a more promising target.

You claim I couldn't have possibly been swayed by your arguments -- that's basically premising I'm up to no good to begin with, an assumption I find you having no basis for holding.

Speaking of which, what has Iammars actually done for us:
0) Confirmed like a pirate
1) Randomly voted cicero, a vote he has yet to change
2) Said he was away, and that's why he didn't respond.
3) Said he confirmed like a pirate because he felt like being in flavor, but wasn't a pirate yet wasn't, in fact, sure if he was a pirate.
4) Said he'd like to daykill Thesp for finding him suspicious. Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely opposed to the sentiment of daykilling Thesp -- but Iammars's reasons are basically "OMGUS".
Claimed Wikipedia wasn't helping him with his role.
5) Clarified -- Wikipedia had his role
but he couldn't tell from the wiki if his character was a pirate

The above is certainly not helpful, pro-town, and I find the part I bolded quite suspicious. I was fairly familiar with my role, but the first thing I did after confirming was checking wikipedia to make sure there wasn't some pirate/ninja connection I didn't know about. Furthermore, if I was in a state of uncertainty about whether or not my role was a pirate *in a stoofer game* I sure as hell would NOT confirm with pirate flavor because I *felt like it*.

I am definitely suspicious of Iammars, and I feel there is good reason to be.

Think about it: you are unsure if you are a pirate/not a pirate, and you confirm with pirate flavor??? Seriously???

My list right now is something like:
Thesp
Iammars
MBF
Those less actives I find suspicious, like Kison
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Guardian »

Thesp, I think a large ammount of your "refutation" of my argument is that you didn't understand I wasn't arguing for Thok being scum independently, bur rather that if you were scum Thok would be more likely to be scum.

Thesp wrote:
Guardian wrote:Even recently, when I put out some bait using the questionable argument of appealing to authority by saying "look the masons are voting thesp, you should too", Thok jumped in and refocused an attack on me before anyone else had the chance to respond to my comment.
Am I reading this right - you have problems with Thok for calling you out on an argument you knew was problematic?
I have a question for you -- I put this argument out there, to see how people would respond -- just like you put your argument out there that we should all claim pirate/not pirate.

You got really angry with Gorrad for messing that up; how is this scenario different?
Thesp wrote:I'm thinking more and more as I hear from you that you're just full of it, whether it's because you've pre-concluded that I'm scum and are trying to make the facts fit the theory, or because you're scum making it up.
I see no basis for this other than you asserting it right now. It's great that "you are thinking it more and more" but that isn't anything I can refute and is pretty substance-free.
Thesp wrote:One more thing:
(1)
(2)
I see Thok's recurring theme of defending Thesp for actions similar to what others have done, and
(3)
I agree entirely with (1) - I'm not sure how it's an indication that the two communicating are more likely to be scum.
Conspiring about a secret with a scum isn't a scumtell? I'm not arguing for Thok being scum. I arguing that, assuming Thesp is scum, Thok may be scum with Thesp.
Thesp wrote:As to (2), I'm interested in seeing what similarities you've observed, as I've noticed him defending me, but I haven't noticed what he's theoretically overlooked in others.
I understand the reasons he's giving, but for examples with Iammars wagon, he finds others scummy for it but not you, because you were more stubborn. That seems odd.
Thesp wrote:As to (3), wouldn't that be the sensible thing to do if you thought the figure seemingly in the biggest spotlight wasn't scum? I know I would - I'm not sure why I would do any different.
Thesp, I'm not using this as a case for (Thok-scum). I am using it as a case for (Thesp scum may imply Thok scum). Surely directing attention away from a scum onto others is an indication you may be paired with them.
Guardian wrote:I don't know what basis you're using to divine why someone is more likely to be scum, other than "I don't like how he's playing".
Then you need to work on your critical reading skills :\. Firstly, I'm not using any of this to directly say (Thok is scum). Secondly, of those I do find suspicious, I have substantive arguments that make sense.
Thesp wrote:I don't see how (in the case of (1) and (3)) those actions are likely to indicate that someone is scum, and in the case of (2), I just don't see it.
They don't indicate he is scum independently, that wasn't the point....
Thesp wrote:I'm having a hard time taking you seriously anymore.
This is nothing but rhetoric; a baseless, empty sentence.
Thesp wrote:
Guardian wrote:Gorrad said he didn't want to mess up another "secret plan" like he did earlier, so he put a weak FOS on to see where it went. Even so, he explicitly stated he didn't like the Iammars wagon, but that he'd like to hear what Iammars had to say.
THAT'S EXACTLY WHY IT SHOULD THROW UP RED FLAGS. IT'S INDICATING WISHY-WASHINESS, WHICH IS MORE OFTEN SEEN IN SCUM.
Yeah? What about a townie power role who has some suspicion on him and doesn't want to be outed, or a vanilla who doesn't want to be lynched?
Thesp wrote:SCUM ESPECIALLY LIKE TO APPEAR THAT THEY ARE AGAINST THEIR PARTNERS WITHOUT PUTTING GENUINE PRESSURE, WHICH IS WHAT SAID QUOTE DID.
I don't really see how he was anything more than superficially seeming to apply pressure -- the content of his post was basically "I don't buy it, but let's see what Iammars says." This wouldn't have gotten him any leverage if Iammars showed up scum.
Thesp wrote:PS: In Mafia, the scum often do not tell the truth.
Wait, no, you're kidding!? People... LIE... in mafia??? Please, teach me more.[/sarcasm]

Come on, Thesp! I'm saying I didn't see a lie where you did. Obviously people lie. I tried to explain why I didn't think Gorrad was lying -- not that no one lies..
Thesp wrote:I'm uncertain why you think I should have taken Gorrad at his word when he said he was just trying to play along, particularly when I thought he was likely to be scum at the time.
Wait -- you are using this bit as an argument for why he was scum. You can't base an argument for someone being scum with "I thought he was likely to be scum, so I interpreted this as himg being scum." Circular arguments have no place in mafia.
Do not lynch me.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Thesp »

Guardian wrote:Thesp, I think a large ammount of your "refutation" of my argument is that you didn't understand I wasn't arguing for Thok being scum independently, bur rather that if you were scum Thok would be more likely to be scum.
No, I picked up on that. I didn't understand why you thought the particular interactions between Thok and I are more likely to come from scum, and you sure didn't give any basis for asserting that.
Guardian wrote:
Thesp wrote:
I have a question for you -- I put this argument out there, to see how people would respond -- just like you put your argument out there that we should all claim pirate/not pirate.

You got really angry with Gorrad for messing that up; how is this scenario different?
I'm not sure how scum would respond differently here than town.
Guardian wrote:
Thesp wrote:One more thing:
(1)
(2)
(3)
I agree entirely with (1) - I'm not sure how it's an indication that the two communicating are more likely to be scum.
Conspiring about a secret with a scum isn't a scumtell? I'm not arguing for Thok being scum. I arguing that, assuming Thesp is scum, Thok may be scum with Thesp.
This makes mild sense in that limited context, but even then, it's extremely rare for scum to operate this way. Why would they? There's
zero
compelling reason to.

Guardian wrote:
Thesp wrote:
THAT'S EXACTLY WHY IT SHOULD THROW UP RED FLAGS. IT'S INDICATING WISHY-WASHINESS, WHICH IS MORE OFTEN SEEN IN SCUM.
Yeah? What about a townie power role who has some suspicion on him and doesn't want to be outed, or a vanilla who doesn't want to be lynched?
I have absolutely no clue why what you're saying has anything to do with what we're talking about.

Guardian wrote:
Thesp wrote:PS: In Mafia, the scum often do not tell the truth.
Wait, no, you're kidding!? People... LIE... in mafia??? Please, teach me more.[/sarcasm]

Come on, Thesp! I'm saying I didn't see a lie where you did. Obviously people lie. I tried to explain why I didn't think Gorrad was lying -- not that no one lies..
It seemed to me you were trying to explain why
I
shouldn't have thought Gorrad was lying, which is fundamentally different.
Guardian wrote:
Thesp wrote:I'm uncertain why you think I should have taken Gorrad at his word when he said he was just trying to play along, particularly when I thought he was likely to be scum at the time.
Wait -- you are using this bit as an argument for why he was scum.
No, I am not. I am using it as an example of why I saw no reason to take Gorrad at his word, though it seemed you thought I should.

I really need to stop encouraging you by responding to your posts - I need to do productive things rather than post when I'm incensed. In fact, that's what I'm going to do today: someone slap me with a fish if I quote Guardian again before Day 2. In fact, Day 1 will probably be better this way.

[ignore Guardian]
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Thok »

Thesp wrote:This makes mild sense in that limited context, but even then, it's extremely rare for scum to operate this way. Why would they? There's
zero
compelling reason to.
Also there are multiple occasions where I have done this whole being vague about stuff as town (Kingmaker 1 and Space Monkey Mafia are the big examples, and Chrono Trigger also qualifies to a lesser extent.)
---------------

As for me defending Thesp, yes I have been. I've been pretty blatant about it. I feel pretty comfortable in Thesp being town, having seen his own behavior and how town has reacted to various things. I've explained that Thesp feels like a person who was actually trying to hunt for scum, and that his behavior with respect to Iammars and Gorrad seemed townlike.

Just because somebody runs up a protown player doesn't make them scum; the townie in question may have acted in a scummy manner. You need to try to analyze the method and reason of why people ran up who they did. If you read my comments when I defend Thesp, I've made it clear that Thesp had a consistent world view in terms of who he was pressuring (if you actually thought the pirate thing with Iammars was a scum tell, the rest of Thesp's play fits in with that), and that Thesp was sticking his neck out in order to get Iammars/Gorrad lynched to an extent that others weren't.

---------------
Not fond of Guardian essentially retconning that his "masons and me are voting for Thesp, so you should do so also" is a trap. If it actually was, why didn't he react immediately in 584? Moreover, his comparison of my behavior to Gorrad's behavior is bizarre as an argument for me being scum.

Blah, Guardian feels like he's trying to make stuff up, which gives me a big Open 19 vibe which means he needs to be lynched ASAP.

unvote Rosso Carne, vote Guardian
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Dammit, guys. I really want to participate, but you keep making huge posts that I have to sift through. I feel like I'm in over my head here. After this game, I'm going to stick with minis.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by cicero »

It isnt minis. It's thesp and guardian.

You are both banned from quoting each other. Paraphrasing for the win.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Guardian »

Thok wrote:Blah, Guardian feels like he's trying to make stuff up, which gives me a big Open 19 vibe which means he needs to be lynched ASAP.
I find it hard to believe you think that. The reasoned arguments here are a FAR cry from the bullshit I was espousing in 19. For everyone's refernce: In 19 I was scum and, for example, I pursued one player for 5+ game days, and one of my main arguments against him was
that he responded to posts
. Comparing that to my arguments here is absurd.

---

Thesp -- you followed my case on Iammars for longer than I did, for a while there. Now I'm not making any sense and you find it hard to take me seriously, and you should be slapped if you quote me? Pretty HUGE turnaround.

Also, I note that you quoted about half of my points, I assume in your opinion the worst ones. If you're going to quote my posts and respond, at least do a half decent job of doing so.

Ignoring me, claiming I'm making things up, and asserting that you find it hard to take me seriously aren't going to make me go away, or make my arguments go away.

A very easy thing to do as scum is to ignore arguments against you; if you aren't called on it, it is a much better tact than actually responding, as attackers of you can easily slip to the background and you can start wagons on others. I find it hard to believe Thesp, as town, would decide to completely ignore a player. What if I were scum? Wouldn't he want to pay close attention and point that out. Very suspicious.
Do not lynch me.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Thesp »

cicero wrote:It isnt minis. It's thesp and guardian.

You are both banned from quoting each other. Paraphrasing for the win.
I swear I'm going to be a good boy about this, though it's taking every ounce of my restraint. Guardian is lucky I'm not Twito.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Thok »

Guardian wrote:
Thok wrote:Blah, Guardian feels like he's trying to make stuff up, which gives me a big Open 19 vibe which means he needs to be lynched ASAP.
I find it hard to believe you think that. The reasoned arguments here are a FAR cry from the bullshit I was espousing in 19. For everyone's refernce: In 19 I was scum and, for example, I pursued one player for 5+ game days, and one of my main arguments against him was
that he responded to posts
. Comparing that to my arguments here is absurd.
You've attacked people for confirming like a pirate and copying your haikus, among other things. There's also the "trap" you claimed to have set.

These are reasoned argument?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by Iammars »

Sorry guys. Long Post.
1. cicero
Grr. You keep spelling my name wrong.
I can find my character on Wikipedia, in fact there's a nice big page. Not sure if it makes him a pirate or not though. And yes I know there's more to internet research than Wikipedia. But the question is if Stoof considers my character a pirate or not, not if the internet considers my character a pirate or not.
2. Claus
Skipping posts more than 3 paragraphs is not a good thing. Nothing should be ignored in a mafia game, although some things have more meaning than others.
3. Erg0
Happy Birthday!
4. Flameaxe
5. Fritzler
Hey cool! You can ressurect people. I might have waited a day, but that's cool. Besides, it's Fritzler. If you have a one-shot ability that you don't use Day 1, I would think that you were mentally ill or something.
6. Gorrad
Yeah, I don't like speculation, especially since we don't have a lot of information. We know that there are at least two groups, but no clue of what their alignment is, and we have two dead, one of which isn't even part of those two groups. This game is going to be weird, but I wouldn't start speculating until we know more information as a town.
Massclaiming isn't always bad, just not always a good idea. Someone shouldn't be attacked for considering it, especially partial massclaims.
7. Guardian
Started the bandwagon against me. What I find bad about this is that there is more than 1 explanation for the same thing. I could just be a pirate confirming like a pirate. Or i decided to do it not based on my role. I like doing those things in mafia games just for the fun of it.
What's wrong with there being a choice between you and Thesp? If we have the scum narrowed down to two people, then that makes it easier for us to lynch correctly.
8. hasdgfas
9. Iammars
Obviously town. Duh. Y'all be crazy for bandwagoning him.
10. JordanA24
Ochkam's Razor? What's that?
11. KaleiÐoscøpe
12. Kison
13. Mgm
Talk much? If anyone's post restricted, it's probably you.
Finally someone points out why Guardian's logic is crap logic.
No, my character didn't command a ship. Why couldn't Stoof give me a character I knew about?
14. mikeburnfire
Going after TSQ much?
Why do you find it so hard to interpret haikus? I find it easier and more fun.
15. MrBuddyLee - Luke Skywalker (Vig) - throat slit and beaten to death Night 1 - resurrected day 1
Interesting bluff with the day vig. I need to think more about this action.
I don't see any good reason the town shouldn't know you're target last night. There better be something good. At this point, I doubt that the Daykill is real, seeing as the vig daykilling and nightkilling means that we've got a crapload of powerful scum.
16. Rosso Carne
17. Samruc
Why in the world are you trying to guess the setup with 14 pages worth of information to look back on?
18. Sir Tornado
19. Skruffs
C'mon Skruffs, there's plenty of good people here.
20. The Fonz
21. Thesp
You honestly expected the pirate confirming to be affected by my role? Especially with a player who likes to have fun a lot?
I don't get the Gorrad-me link.
You're arguing against Thok, yet you like his air of secrecy? That sounds weird. Not sure if it points to town or scum though.
Yeah, it is about outguessing the mod. It assumes that I saw my role PM, saw that I was ninja scum, then decided that pirates would have to be town and therefore confirm town. I would never assume that in a large theme run by Stoofer.
Look at the players in the game. I seriously expect that all one-shot abilities will be gone by the end of today.
I agree on your analysis of info role v. vig.
22. Thestatusquo
If there was only one way for me to answer the question, what was the point in asking me in the first place? You might as well consider me scum without asking me the question.
You joke around in mafia games, yet find me scummy for doing so?
23. Thok
Constantly pushing against my bandwagon for me. Thanks a lot.
24. Twomz
Firstly, Happy Birthday.
Now, how can you agree with SirT and MBF? They didn't say anything, they just hopped onto the bandwagon.
25. UltimaAvalon
The people who don't take Day 1 seriously are the reason why some Day 1s take forever to complete.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:43 pm

Post by Thok »

Iammars, do you believe everybody in this game has been classified by Stoofer as either a pirate or a ninja? If so, why?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by Twomz »

Iammars wrote: Now, how can you agree with SirT and MBF? They didn't say anything, they just hopped onto the bandwagon.
I think there may have been one point in the game where I agreed with MBF... but I don't remember ever agreeing with Sir T. I'll see if I can find what you're talking about though :? .
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by Twomz »

Wait, you meant that bandwagon that I was on until you posted then I got off over 15 pages ago? Have you caught up on reading yet? Here I was thinking later on in the day, like when I voted for Gorrad.

BTW, I am assuming that this is the post you are referring to?
Twomz wrote:<snip>

That being said, a part of me agrees with Guardian, Sir T, and MBF. Even though I think there is too much of a chance that it was just some flavorful fun, this is Day 1... so
Vote: Iammars
. With 13 to lynch, I am not worried about a quicklynch right now anyway ;).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”