Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:15 am

Post by Incognito »

Yeah, I'm thinking the Bodyguard is just synonymous with a Doctor. What do you mean by "blind protect", WhoMe??

Anyhow,
Vote: Nanosauromo
, for being the Mod of my mini-game!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Incognito »

Mod:
I think you said something about the text color being difficult to read. Yes, it is! Please change and thank you.

K, how's this?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Incognito »

Battle Mage, I'm not a big fan of the way you've claimed Miller either. We know that the Cop is dead, and you seem to be doubting the existence of another investigative role. Despite this, you've still claimed Miller because Sir Tornado said that Miller claims should be made early to prevent wasted Cop investigations. If you doubt the existence of another Cop-like role, why do you still feel the need to claim Miller?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #54 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Incognito »

Unvote; Vote: Matt_S

I don't care much for the argument between letters and syllables but the bigger picture is your vote on VanDamien after he voted for andersonw seemed a bit too knee-jerk response-ish. I can't ignore that as just a newbie tell as you seem to be asking for.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Incognito »

Matt_S wrote:
Incognito wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Matt_S

I don't care much for the argument between letters and syllables but the bigger picture is your vote on VanDamien after he voted for andersonw seemed a bit too knee-jerk response-ish. I can't ignore that as just a newbie tell as you seem to be asking for.
I should have never done that, you're right. Andersonw wasn't in danger of being lynched so I shouldn't have done anything. That's why I unvoted, because I realized I overreacted. I just thought we had better things to discuss than a newbie saying he's a newbie.
The thing is I don't think VanDamien's vote was only inspired by someone claiming to be a newbie. Andersonw stated that we should basically "forgive" him if he says something stupid. Thus he was "playing the newbie card". I generally don't like statements like this because they seem pre-emptive; i.e. he can patch a lot of his comments up to being new and force us to consider him unreadable, which is generally unhealthy for the game. The same kind of thing applies to skitzer's comment about Battle Mage.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #95 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Incognito »

Matt_S wrote:I overreacted partly because I'm in the same boat as him. I didn't want him to get lynched for saying something I didn't. Also, I've only played in really small games. In games as large as this one a single vote on someone isn't a threat, and I didn't think about that before voting.

And what makes you think his lynch means more to me than anyone else's lynch? If anyone was about to be lynched for a single post, I'd have to try and stop it. Would you let such a thing pass? According to the last vote count, only Battle Mage, Andersonw and I have more than 1 vote, and I saw that Rosso Carne just got a second vote. I FoS'd Battle Mage before because I seriously thought he was fishy. Now, several people have bandwagoned, hence me withdrawing my FoS. I really can't think of anything to say to defend him that hasn't already been said, and the same for Rosso Carne. Plus, the main thing I learned from voting for you is that I need to be more conservative with my votes.
Matt, I'm having a hard time with a lot of your posts. You seem to have this idea that too many votes on one person this early in the game is bad for any player. The number of votes you classify as being "too many" is a rather low number for this kind of set-up. We have 27 living players in this game and it takes one more than half the total number of living players to reach a lynch. This means that on Day 1 we need
14 votes
on one player in order to have that person lynched. The only time someone is
really
in any danger of reaching a lynch is when he or she begins reaching the L-2 and L-1 levels.

You, Battle Mage, and Rosso Carne each have 3 votes apiece and andersonw received some flak for playing the newbie card. Is there any reason you feel that the two players besides yourself shouldn't have the number of votes they've accumulated? Are they really in any real danger because they've accumulated 3 votes apiece? Further, how do you expect to gain information from players without getting a good, strong bandwagon going on them?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #233 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Incognito »

This game annoys me sorta. Why are so many people not voting? We need a good, solid bandwagon to gauge reactions from players and after reading thenextepisode's posts, he looks like a good place to start!

Unvote; Vote: thenextepisode
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #235 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Incognito »

curiouskarmadog wrote:other than wanting to gauage other people and supporting bandwagoning, any reason you think he deserves your vote?
Simple. His first post said next to nothing; anyone who did a fair read over the game from the very beginning of the game to the very point that he posted could have produced the same exact summary that thenextepisode did. Next he complains about a lack of scum hunting and does nothing to contribute to maybe move forward and actually hunt scum.

Also, I think his complaint about a lack of scum hunting couldn't be further from the truth - I could see a number of instances within the thread where people have been questioning other people's actions to try to determine alignments. For example the cases that have come up against Battle Mage, the case that I and a few others brought up against Matt_S and andersonw, the case against Rosso Carne, and now the recent case against Nanosauromo. To just enter the game and say "all I see is talk about theory and speculation" seems lazy to me especially when actual hunting
has
gone on in certain locations within the thread. Hence he gets my vote.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #310 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Incognito »

armlx wrote:I forgot to mention in my last post that Incongito also lurked before coming back to hop on the wagon. He's the only person so far that's close enough to overcome Battlemage as a legitimate lynch choice IMO. The other 2 are more FOS worthy, with definite potential for pressuring.
Hi. Good timing. I promise I won't neglect this game anymore or like two of my other games. The vote on thenextepisode was more for pressure since he seemed to not be voicing his opinion about much (except to pop in every now and then to recap the game). It seems to have worked since he did begin talking finally. Having said that,
unvote
while I catch up with the latest happenings.

P.S. I
don't
think Battle Mage is a legitimate choice for a lynch. His replies to all of the questions regarding his claim have been sincere, and I feel like he's been keeping the game moving along. Also, I wouldn't expect Battle Mage (who often receives a lot of attention just for being him) to pull off some "I'm a miller and not scum" type of gambit from page 1 of the thread. I could be wrong though.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #339 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Incognito »

Okay, I think I'm just about caught up.

armlx, I've got a few questions for you related to your stance on Battle Mage. Your stance seems to be that because Battle Mage has claimed the role of Miller and we have no verifiable, fool-proof way of determining whether or not he's telling the truth, he should be lynched at some point in the game. Let's suppose Battle Mage does an exceptionally good job at what he has listed as one of his interests in his profile: scum hunting. Do you think he still would be a good candidate for the lynch?

*Bonus point* Why or why not?

Nemesis and Antithesis, I've liked your contributions to the game so far but I've noticed that neither of you are currently voting. Where do your suspicions lie at this point in the game?

EJ, I'd like to lend my voice to others and ask you to explain your vote on Charity.

thenextepisode, while I've appreciated your increase in contribution since votes were placed on you, is there any reason you've chosen to FoS skitzer as opposed to vote for him?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #345 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Incognito »

armlx wrote:
Incognito wrote: armlx, I've got a few questions for you related to your stance on Battle Mage. Your stance seems to be that because Battle Mage has claimed the role of Miller and we have no verifiable, fool-proof way of determining whether or not he's telling the truth, he should be lynched at some point in the game. Let's suppose Battle Mage does an exceptionally good job at what he has listed as one of his interests in his profile: scum hunting. Do you think he still would be a good candidate for the lynch?

*Bonus point* Why or why not?
Yes, he is still a good choice for the lynch. He is still acting scummy on top of the claim. Other people could become better choices however, and definitely had he not acted just as scummy as those people have so far I would be 100% in favor of putting off his lynch for a later day under the understanding it has to happen eventually. However, like I said, it's pretty much to the point where I'ld be voting him regardless of calling his WIFOM.
armlx, you say that you're in favor of putting off his lynch for a later day as though you have some additional knowledge or something. Let's suppose that Battle Mage's miller claim is truthful. What makes you think he will last long enough that his lynch will likely be inevitable? Don't you think the scum would most likely take out someone who has confirmed himself/herself to be a townie?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #347 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by Incognito »

Imat wrote:Just a question, which may or may not be better put in another part of the forum, what does FoS stand for? The S is probably Scum, but I can't figure out the rest...
FoS stands for "finger of suspicion". It doesn't
really
count for anything but it's used by a person to imply that he/she finds the person he/she is FoS-ing suspicious. In this case, Khelvaster finds armlx suspicious but he's not ready to vote for him yet (if at all) so he's giving him the FoS instead.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #361 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Incognito »

armlx, I asked you a question that you seemed to overlook. Could you please respond to this post as well: Post 345?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #386 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Incognito »

armlx, I really don't see why you continue to FoS me or rank me so high on your suspicion list. I've already explained the motivation behind my thenextepisode vote in this post: Post 310. If you have a look at his contribution pre-vote, you'll see his ppd in-thread was around 0.22 ppd. In between the time of my vote and subsequent unvote, his ppd shot up to 2.0 ppd. And now that I've unvoted, he has yet to contribute again. Do you really feel that a player like that doesn't deserve some pressure?

Also, thanks for responding to my question. But looking at this post:
armlx wrote:As for why he won't die, lets assume BM is town. Why would scum kill someone that the town will always doubt at least a little bit? He wouldn't die as scum either, as every scum group would think the same thing. More or less, either way he lives unless the town decides he should die, whether it be vig or lynch.
Did the mod mention anything about there being more than one scum group? How do you know that there is more than one? This is yet another instance where you seem to have some additional information that I wouldn't expect town to have.
Charity wrote:I voted for Battle Mage before but decided to unvote because people were like keeping their votes. There's only suspicions and I don't know how to figure out scum or not. I just need more practice I guess. I would like people to try to convince me to vote for a certain person.
Charity, how many games of Mafia have you played prior to this one? As far as figuring out scum, town should try to keep the discussion going thereby prolonging the days to gather good amounts of information about players' relationships and vote patterns. Looking for inconsistencies and irregularities in people's play has a tendency to help to track down scum as well or looking for areas where players have lied. There is no universal scumtell but to sit back and wait for people to convince you to vote for a certain player isn't exactly pro-town behavior.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #420 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:34 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote: thenextepisode

No longer a pressure vote; this vote is more than justified. The guy has to practically be begged just to post and each time he does post, the contribution is very wishy-washy with mere FoS's instead of actual votes and very minor game summaries. He feels like newb scum to me.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #437 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Incognito »

thenextepisode wrote:rosso didn't vote me, he "killed" me.
he might be a dayvig, he might be joking.
either way, its not a vote, so theres only one vote on me from incognito.
Again he pops into the thread the moment the spotlight is flashed in his direction. thenextepisode, do you care to elaborate on your suspicions? Add other content to the game? Place a vote on someone? Do something other than actively lurking?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #484 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Incognito »

Charity was also replaced in one of her games and Nanosauromo is the mod of one of my mini-games. I know he's sparsely on.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #488 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Incognito »

I, too, would like an explanation. oEJo seems to be switching his votes rather spasmodically each time upon re-entering the thread.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”