Mini 532: Yaw's Split Open Mafia: (Game over)

bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:31 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Not voting (5): mikeburnfire, Holy, Drunken Piper, Skruffs, SensFan

With 5 alive it is 3 to lynch.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Drunken Piper wrote:Skruffs, so if Holy is on top of you list.
What are you waiting, for this I have missed?

Do you have questions for Holy or I,
or are you just waiting for town feelings to see who you want to push to die?

Holy was the top of my list until the above^
now I am wondering who really does wear the SK glove.
Hold on now, friend, let me take note
Why so eager for me to place my vote?

My intentions are clear, I stated suspicions
Of the two who are tops and my personal position

If I was trolling for opinions, as you seem to imply,
would I POST my opinions, first, I ask why?
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Drunken Piper »

you make a good point, and now we see eye to eye.
I was just wondering why there was no for on Holy or I?
(hic)
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

The reason Skruffs has kept his vote shelved
may be to allow talking, as did myself.

Even if somehow we don't lynch the SK
there is still one more chance that doth follow this day.

Just in case we are wrong with today's lynchee,
lets us preemptively discuss our plan B
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Holy »

>.>

I'm still suspicious with Sensfan though, he seems didn't have any opinion at all on this game.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:20 am

Post by SensFan »

If I had to choose a lynchee
My first choice would be Holy

If tomorrow dawns another Day
My gut says MBF might be the SK
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Holy »

XD

You said you want to lynch me (following the crowds? Lol!), but your gut says MBF is your SK, yeah right!

Well my gut, says it's you.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Skruffs »

Nobody is 'cleared' anymore, I suppose
Sensfan as sk could still open roles.

Em-Bee-Eff's theory about mafia masons
bore out like he said, exactly that way. which actually again, suggests he knew that hte SK wasn't the mason cuz maybe he was, but, that's hyperbole.

The scum are all gone, there is only a mason, a role opener, and three unpowereds mixed in with the sk and 4 townies.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:57 am

Post by SensFan »

Holy wrote:XD

You said you want to lynch me (following the crowds? Lol!), but your gut says MBF is your SK, yeah right!

Well my gut, says it's you.
No, my gut says that if its not you then it might be MBF.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:57 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Skruffs, you kept insisting that the SK was the roleblocker, but the only way you could explain it was if a scumcop declared a guilty on a scumroleswitcher, who in turn declared a guilty on a scumdoctor. You kept repeating it, but it didn't make any sense. DP kept insisting that he thought the SK was roleblocker too. But neither of you ever refuted my points as to why that was illogical.

and you never explained why you thought *I* was going to die last night.
DP wrote:if this could be wrong, please someone tell me.
but could the SK be a cop and the scum the RB?
I just saw this post from right before the lynch. I already explained, in great detail, why the cop can not be the SK. This is the second time I've had to repeat myself for DP.

I was going to vote Holy because of how she tried to kill the doc, but my gut wrenches when I read Skruff's posts. Not to mention that Sensfan and DP (DP especially) have easily been sliding by. So I'm going to wait for now.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Skruffs »

I was trying to , in teh case that we hadn't hammered scum, convince both scum to kill you with the thought that the other would kill the cop. If we hadn't lynched scum yesterday, it would have wifom'd scum last night. I'm not going to apologize for it. You would have been a better kill, townwise, than thanatos.

I just didn't understand the reasonoing behind mafia killing a mason and switching the other mason out. It jus doesn't make sense, it's not something I would see a mafia with a role swiwtcher nad a mason as doing;l; the mafia would, I would have thought, left the mason alive and traded the mason with a nother role, killing a fourth role, to completely avoid the 'trail' that led back to them. So it made more sense that an SK would kill his mason partner and then later claim, if need be, that he was actually the other mason... that's what it seemed like to me. mafia technically had a four person night-talking group by keeping the masons together and alive; and could flush out other power roles (like the roleblocker and cop) by randomly trading other people.

My next goal: See who was suspicious of Thanatos day one, or was strangely unsuspicious of him, of those remaining. There's no reason to think the doctor didn't actually protect thanatos night one, and that the sk tried to kill him. The alternative was that the SK and the mafia both killed the same person.

I kind of expected to get some prods today about my behavior yesterdaya; I'll just let you guys know now that I intend to figure out who the SK is before today's lynch, even if it feels like you guys are setting yourselves up to lynch me, which is what i'm picking up on, now. MBF's reactions are pinging me the most, Holy's second.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

There's no reason to think the doctor didn't actually protect thanatos night one, and that the sk tried to kill him.
There you go again, insisting that the mafia is a bunch of morons. Why would the scum protect a townie? They want town to die. It would be much smarter for them to NOT protect a townie, or even *GASP* protect themselves from the SK.
even if it feels like you guys are setting yourselves up to lynch me, which is what i'm picking up on, now.
I'm certainly leaning that way.

Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Holy »

mikeburnfire wrote:I was going to vote Holy because of how she tried to kill the doc
No! I was trying to lynch scum, only stupid townie-doc would claimed on no lynch danger (only 1 or 2 votes back then if I'm not mistaken).
Think clearly, please. Unless you're the scum.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Skruffs »

The mafia aren't morons? Are we talking about the same mafia, mbf? Didn't one mafia out another, or something like that? Didn't they kill a mason while switching the role of the other mason?
Just make sure you aren't trying to discredit me for discrediting's sake.

Okay, I'll take it on your word that the Sk didn't try to kill the cop, then... That leaves the only death, which means that the roleblocker, the scum mason, the mafia, and the sk all targetted one person last night.

There's no reason to think that mbf as sk would try to block and kill the same person... Of course there's no reason to think that mbf as scum actually rb'd someone at all.....

Sensfan, I do not think, is the sk.

Holy seems the most likely to me to have been mafia; I seem to recall some scummy interactions with some of the other scum... I don't think I can honestly remember what reason there is for thinking her as sk, wxcept her continued mentioning of the sk and the scum; she may not realize that the sk is as bad a role as mafia.

That leaves dp, who acted kinda funny when I posted him as #e on my list.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Holy »

@Skruffs: Mafia winning condition and SK winning condition, I believe aren't same. They're bad, but they're competing also. O noez, I acknowledge the SK winning condition, I must be scum! Yeah...
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'm aware of that, and I am glad you are aware of that, too.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:23 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

The mafia aren't morons? Are we talking about the same mafia, mbf? Didn't one mafia out another, or something like that? Didn't they kill a mason while switching the role of the other mason?
One mafia claimed to have a guilty on the scumdoctor, but he was already in a tight hole after being declared guilty by Thanatos and was probably trying to distance himself. And killing a mason while switching a mason role out is a good idea, IMO. Gets rid of a useless role.
That leaves the only death, which means that the roleblocker, the scum mason, the mafia, and the sk all targetted one person last night.
It's possible. Either that, or the SK tried to kill whomever the mafia doc protected. Both seem equally likely.

Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:38 am

Post by Holy »

^On Night 1, you said you blocked Zhao.

Mafia-doc possibly protected the mafia-switcher more than the mafia-mason.

Maybe Zhao-mason murdered because suspected as an SK by the Mafia, or simply to avoid suspicions to another mafia-mason.

Now, the SK possible scenario:
1. at the same time, Zhao suspected as Mafia by the SK, or
2. The SK target Phate-theplannermightbescum which protected by the mafia-doc
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

In the reread, which I found a little tough,
I have come to the conclusion that me doubts our SK is scruffs.

My suspicion of Holy, is going to and fro.
I see her words, but her actions today I would rather know.
I would like to see what she does today.
Which is why me thinks, her lynch should be waylaid.

MBF, is aggressive and has proven to be actively on the scum hunt.
But so would the SK and he could be putting on a front.
I say that he does have a townish look,
But I can not yet put him in my town book.

Sensfan I have thought was scum for some time.
I disagree with Skruffs, when last he chimed
in that he thought Sens was not the SK.
Why do you think this every day?

Most likely my vote will find it’s way to Sens,
Before this day comes to a close, my town friends.
(hic)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Skruffs »

If the Mafia doc had no reason to protect a townie, and protected one of their own, then the sk knew the doc was lying about the protection on the cop.

Considering the mafia DID have the doc AND the roleblocker, it still doesn't make sense that they would kill a townie and block the cop, when the better choice, the more logical choice, would have been to kill the cop and block someone else while protecting one of their own, and then claim a RB the next day.

I still think that killing the mason that wasn't being traded out was also dumb; it would have been better, even, to kill you, mbf, and have the other mason look guilty when you showed up as the mason. it would have removed a "useless role", which wasn't actually detrimental to scum considering they knew who both the masons were from the getgo, and led to the exact same 'breadtrail', except the trail would have led to the mason not killed first and then the swapped out one second. stil, killing any mason was dumb, when there was (at that point) a cop, roleblocker, role opener out there. Scum were not thinkign strategically that night. this is frther evidenced by the intentional-bussing the next day, etc.
basically, trading out one mason and killing the other wound up damning them, in my opinion. leaving the cop to be rbed the next night also damned them further, they should have focused on finding/killing the sk rather than trying an elaborate setup to appear town.

of the mason and the roleswitcher, the roleswitcher would be more worth saving by scum, n1. So i think we can reasonably be sure that hte SK only targetted one of the mason, the role switcher, and the cop. No other possibilities are realistic. all of them are dead, too, so that doesn't really 'help' clear anyone.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Considering the mafia DID have the doc AND the roleblocker, it still doesn't make sense that they would kill a townie and block the cop, when the better choice, the more logical choice, would have been to kill the cop and block someone else while protecting one of their own, and then claim a RB the next day.
If there wasn't a serial killer to plug into the equation, I would agree with you. Also, the mafia cannot kill, block, and protect in the same night if there is only two of them still alive.

I don't quite understand your last bit about the mason, cop, and roleswitcher.

Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

vote Sensfan
(hic)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Skruffs »

I thought you were suspicious of holy?
Why the attention on sensfan?
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

Drunken Piper wrote: My suspicion of Holy, is going to and fro.
I see her words, but her actions today I would rather know.
I would like to see what she does today.
(hic)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Skruffs »

SensFan wrote:Since this is a (partially) open set-up, I think we might be best off with a full claim. The scum will have no choice but to claim their actual roles (or get busted on a 1-for-1 basis), and we can ask for everyone to tell the town what they did the night before, forcing the Scum lie. Ideally, we can catch scum in lies in a few days...
As well as the rest of page 3. If Sensfan is the SK, then he is doing a good job at acting like he has no clue how the game works, at this point. He's also suggesting something that - as the role opener - would be unbeneficial to him and (at that point) likely to draw a lack of doc protection AS WELL as mafia fire, if he was SK. So just on this post, I'm pretty sure he's not the SK. Later agreed that the directing of role manipulators was good; not sure if (as role opener) he woudl have agreed to that more as town or as scum. Also don't see him bringing up the possibility of the reopener or roleswitcher being one of those killed. Quickben screwed up (lol) when he said that we didn't know that the reopener wasn't scum (cuz he knew the doc and switcher were, lol). Later disstraction votes o nDP while saying he is being distracting; this is righ tafter DP says that we should focus on lynching scum instead of arranging NKs, as well as claiming unpowered/no-role. Not good for him.
SensFan wrote:
kabenon007 wrote:Yeah, but that can dip into WIFOM for the record... but I agree that Korlash is seeming mostly townie to me.
That is not WIFOM in the slightest. WIFOM would be if he bussed a buddy, with the hopes of looking Town later on. What he did is STRICTLY WORSE than his other options as scum: he would alert the town of his theory, and it has ZERO chance of getting others to look favorably upon him.
HEh, which is what Sensfan did at the beginnign fo the game, which is why I think her's prolly not scum.

Holy's "You caught me!" page one probably isn't much of a scum tell. She was sayiong that Korlash was 'her scum' a few times page four, askign him to help her (lynch his scumbuddy). Could have been an attempt to communicate with mafia.
Post 146: Repeatedly refers to 'the scum' after correcting Phate on the abilities of the SK (Which had been mentioned the day before by someone else)... refers to "him", singularly, which makes me think she was inferring both the SK and that the sk is male... (ignoring Jex as possibility, though it could be a grammar thing)
Page 8, speculating only on what the mafia would do... not the SK... doesn't need to speculate on the SK?
post 203: fishing for DP's full claim shortly after others start claiming for a volunteer for Phate's disaster of a plan (may be unpowered , and thus hoping to get someone else pushed in front before she gets nommed for it, - points)
Later on saying that 'even she' couldn't be sure someone was scum goes against her claim to be an unpowered townie; it makes me think she considered her position in the game special.

Shortly before OTM was lynched, Zhao accused Holy of all the logical fallacies; a very intimidating list.

DP : V/LA most of hte time during Sensfan's 'mass claim' idea nad phate's follow up 'let's lynch and kill vanilla townies". Claims without any reason, dangerous to do as SK right after talk of using an unpowered townie as a guinea pig to test a plan. Bonus points to him for that.

Basically, here is my list of people that strike me as scum:
Holy
MBF
DrunkPipe
SensFan
Me.

Drunken Piper's points: Claiming unpowered for no reason shortly after discussion springs up about switching power roles into unpowered slots.

I don't think Sensfan SK would claim being a role opener so early in the day.
I don't think DP sk would claim unpowered at a time when people are discussing using an unpowered player as a death-bait for mafia.

I doubt sensfan would have suggested a mass claim as SK, so early on day one. Unecessary attention.

I don't like that MBF repeatedly stated that he had no leads on anyone towards teh END of day one, but was happy to list off Phate, Korlash, and Quickben (two of htem being scum) as votable at the beginning of the day. Also, I do'nt understand why he didn't RB one of THEM that night, instead of the mason. (I don't see a lot of suspicion towards that mason)

Holy has lots and lots of little things, but basically she tries to lay low, lower than MBF, lower than DP.

Unvote, Vote : Holy

Sorry miss.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”