Break my Cult-focused semiopen roleset

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Very interesting setup.

I'm not sure why the Vig can only kill once per game; these cults seem a little stronger then normal, what with the fact that after the recruiter's dead they're still a killing mafia group, and a little extra pro-town firepower is probably a good idea
What happens if the vig gets culted?

Also, I assume that if you're already in a cult, you can't be recruited into a rival cult, right?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:48 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, the cults ability to kill once the leader get killed *works*, but it's very strong. If the cult recruits twice and then the leader dies, then it's like the town caught the bad guy but then gets a 2 man mafia group added in halfway through a mini game. If you want to do that, I would suggest limiting the cults power otherwise; say, the cult can only act every other night, or something like that.

And btw, I tend to think think a kill every night vig is generally a good idea in a cult game; if the cult gets totally out of control, it can still give the town a chance to come back, and so keeps the game interesting for longer and gives the town more options. A one-shot vig is mostly just a safe claim in a game like this; a multi-shot vig, as you pointed out, probably dosn't want to claim because that'd make him a major cult target.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Mafia Discussion”