Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:24 am

Post by mikehart »

Final Vote Count

jediknight
( 13 ) -
Corsato, coolbot, Jaylen, MMCL, Gaspode, Argoti, Internet Stranger, the silent speaker, Tigris, Rick, Flying Dutchman, Mr.Flay, Yaw

Flying Dutchman
( 2 ) -
Lord Gurgi, Murk

Lord Gurgi
( 1 ) -
jediknight

Yaw
( 1 ) -
korais666

And with that jediknight was strung up. As he had the noose around his neck, he screamed out, "Long live the Great Goblin!!" As the town finally let him drop, his neck broke on impact. Obviously he was a goblin.

It is now
Night 2
choices by Tuesday.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:18 am

Post by mikehart »

well folks, sry for the absence comp probs when my sister dled a virus. i need to restart night 2 but im going on vacation on monday so day 2 wont start until thursday night. i apologize but this wasnt expected. btw i need all night two choices again

mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:58 pm

Post by mikehart »

Once again the town was lucky and unlucky during the night. Mr.Flay(William), a friend of NannookTheWolf's, was found dead. Somehow his throat was slashed. Unfortunately Argoti(Oin) was found dead but with no marks on him. Rick(Balin) was also found hung in a tree seemingly by a sticky silk.

It is
Day Two
, discuss my friends.

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:07 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Vote: Coolbot
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:08 pm

Actually, I just looked at the vote count. Might as well go with the one that didnt want to lynch the goblin.

Unvote: Coolbot
Vote: Korais
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:15 pm

Post by Yaw »

Oh. I was about to ask. Now I realize IS is still on yesterday.

Reread coming up. With a dead goblin and dead troll tonight, we should be able to figure out who the other members of those groups are...if they're here. Any news on the lurkers, mod?

And now we have spiders. There are a
lot
of scum in this game...
Success breeds suspicion
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:55 pm

Post by korais666 »

I'm looking over the night kills, and I'm really not seeing any rhyme or reason to them. Not really sure who would think to kill Argoti and Rick, Mr. Flay I can see the evidence behind, but mainly because he was pointing fingers at me.

IS: What exactly is your reasoning for voting for me other than that I was lurking, even though I wasn't lurking? There's no defence against a "you're scummy, so I'm going to vote for you." If you were a newbie I would understand, but I know you've been around a long time and I expect evidence at this point.
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:01 pm

Well, you didnt vote for the goblin last night. Thats enough of a lead for me to follow for now.
Show

Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:41 pm

Post by Yaw »

I'm willing to join this after a re-read. It's not because of Korais not voting for jediknight, though. The interaction between Korais and Mr. Flay strikes me as odd, so with Mr. Flay being a troll, that's my logic.
Vote: korais666

I will also note that I wasn't finding as much as I expected in the reread. I strongly suspect some of our lurkers are scum, and will be looking there next.

On thinking about it, "dead without marks" is probably the troll kill. Sitting on someone stuffed in a sack would do that.
Success breeds suspicion
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:18 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

It is the best logic we have as of right now.
Vote: korais666
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:56 pm

Post by Corsato »

Yaw, what do you mean with "the interaction between Korais and Mr. Flay"??
There were 13 people voting for jediknight yesterday, 11 were not. Why is Korais more suspicious then any of those 11 players?

Lord Gurgi, you were not on the jediknight bandwagon as well, so if you think that's a valid reason to bandwagon someone, then why shouldn't we bandwagon you?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:20 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Becase he was attacking me and others would as well if I lynched him, or voted for him in respnse to his vote for me.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Shivan_Dragon
Shivan_Dragon
Townie
Shivan_Dragon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:40 pm

Post by Shivan_Dragon »

Ok...so we have 1 troll left (I'm assuming), an appearance of the Mirkwood spiders, and I dunno, but could the unmarked kill be gollum? He "strangled" deagol to death to get the ring. I don't think strangling really leaves any marks.

I'll hold my vote until a few more people respond to the thread.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:03 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

FYI I will be on vacation until Wednesday, August 11, and I will not likely have internet access until I return. Sorry for the inconvenience.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:44 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

That reminds me, I will be in Ireland from the 10th to the 24th. I may or may not have access to the internet.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:47 am

Post by CoolBot »

There sure a large number of killing methods. The no marks kill is most mysterious, I think. It could be the trolls, I guess, but it seems they'd most likely leave a pile of bones.

I'm wondering about Yaw. Jedi attacked him late, after it was pretty apparant Jedi was going to be lynched. At the about the same time, Yaw jumped off the wagon, and after that was pretty reluctant about casting the lynching vote.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:58 am

Post by Yaw »

Corsato wrote:Yaw, what do you mean with "the interaction between Korais and Mr. Flay"??
There were 13 people voting for jediknight yesterday, 11 were not. Why is Korais more suspicious then any of those 11 players?
To be honest, I generally don't look much for who votes for who. (Well, I do, but it's not that high on my list of things to look for.) I look for how people interact with one another, especially how people interact with known scum while they're alive. There's some fishy interaction between Korais and Mr. Flay away from the main focus of the day that leads to to believe they might be working together. Looked like a fake argument designed to separate them from one another. At least it's enough for me to want to check it out. (Here's where I differ from IS -- I think Korais is a troll if scum, IS thinks he's a goblin.)
CoolBot wrote:I'm wondering about Yaw. Jedi attacked him late, after it was pretty apparant Jedi was going to be lynched. At the about the same time, Yaw jumped off the wagon, and after that was pretty reluctant about casting the lynching vote.
Jediknight attacked a number of people yesterday, though. Even so, I don't think your logic holds up well -- I was the first on the jediknight-wagon, insisted on it being a good bandwagon, and carried it through. Were I his partner, I would not be shining a big lynching spotlight on jediknight like that. You're also really misinterpreting my actions, CoolBot. I tried to slow the lynch down to allow people to say something before the day ended. I never tried to
stop
the lynch from occurring, and was quite sure that lynching jediknight was the right thing to do day 1.

Which reminds me, mod, what is going on with dragonmaster and Kommandant? Are they in this game, or are they getting replaced?
Success breeds suspicion
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:33 am

Post by MMCL »

Having just re-read things myself, I am tempted to join the bandwagon. Not only was the bickering a give-away, but the IS issue still grates on me...

I can't quite put my finger on it but Im suspicious of IS too...

For now, I think Korais', defence was too 'over-the-top' and seems just staged.
Vote: Korais
as one vote does not a lynch make and suspicion does not always have to have a reason - sometimes gut feelings can be remarkably accurate.

I will
FOS: IS
too for good measure.
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:50 am

Post by korais666 »

Internet Stranger wrote:Might as well go with the one that didnt want to lynch the goblin.
Re-read the first day. I *did* want to lynch him. I just wanted to hear from the lurkers first. A couple people popped up and voted for him first, so that was the end of the story.

Also: How does a troll attacking me make me scummy?
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:52 am

Post by Corsato »

Lord Gurdi wrote:Becase he was attacking me and others would as well if I lynched him, or voted for him in respnse to his vote for me.
Then can hardly be called an explanation for your behaviour.

Yaw, I'm curious about the suspicious interaction between Korais and Mr Flaw, could you be more specific?
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:53 am

Post by MMCL »

It makes me think you are deliberately creating a distance between yourself and the troll...
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:20 pm

Post by Yaw »

Actually, it's more the other way around -- Mr. Flay creating deliberate distance between himself and Korais. But since you wanted examples...
Mr. Flay wrote:And then there's this from Korais666:
you have to figure that when ANYONE says somebody is "evil" day 1, they usually mean "evilmaybenotreallysurejustguessing"
*bzzzt* Sorry, did you forget completely about cops? We've already had a Night 1, there could be somebody out there (several somebodies, maybe) with what they believe to be
prima facie
evidence of someone's guilt. Paranoid/insane cops, maybe, but strong in their convictions. :?

Since Jediknight is leaving for a week, the merciful thing to do would be to run the bandwagon out and kill him now. His partial role-claim really stinks; a one-shot doc, only if he targets the right player? Only likely if every person gets an ability, and we already saw that Nori got 'townie'...

Howecver I don't want to push it over the edge until lurkers like Uraj45 and indentureddjinn have a chance to 'say' something. My vote for Korias666 is confirmed.
Let's go through this. First of all, Korais actually
is
correct in his assessment quoted here. With the way IS was going on day 1, if he were a cop he'd be going on two investigations to be that sure, which is impossible. Why argue with Korais, then? Worse, you can see from the context here that this post came after Jediknight claimed, at which point it should have been pretty clear that the given roleclaim stunk. Yet, Mr. Flay simply acknowledges this is the case, advocates something pretty close to lynching for the sake of lynching, and then
confirms his vote on Korais
. Why on earth would he do that? Certainly there's nothing in what Mr. Flay has said to justify that kind of step, especially since he's already acknowledged that Jediknight's claim stinks. This entire thing looks quite forced. With the bandwagon going pretty hard in Jediknight's direction, the only reason I can think of for this is to work in a plausible "we're not working together" defense for later.

Look through Mr. Flay's posts for yourself. He harps on Korais far too much when Korais was under little actual pressure. I think this indicates something scummy going on between the two of them.
Success breeds suspicion
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:41 pm

Post by mikehart »

Vote Count

korais666
(3) - Internet Stranger, Yaw, MMCL

Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:41 pm

Post by Corsato »

Thank you for your explanation Yaw, I see what you mean now. Just to keep things moving I will put another one on korais666 (for the record, I think he's scummy enough to warrent a vote).

Vote Korais666
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:34 pm

Nothing to add, just that Korais is scum and that im not lurking.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”