armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm honestly of the opinion no reason is better than forced, hypocritical, empty ones.

My contradiction was hardly immediate. It was actually about 5 days before I starting thinking outside the lynch mob and looking at what was going around beyond it.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
timmytuttut31
timmytuttut31
Goon
timmytuttut31
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by timmytuttut31 »

armlx wrote:I'm honestly of the opinion no reason is better than forced, hypocritical, empty ones.

My contradiction was hardly immediate. It was actually about 5 days before I starting thinking outside the lynch mob and looking at what was going around beyond it.
fine it wasn't immediate, but I wasn't satisfied with how most people wanted to know why you voted GS. The only thing you ended up saying was that he wasn't so scummy after all! Quite a disappointment if you ask me.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by armlx »

He wasn't really scummy, and I'll admit I was wrong. My first vote was due to him continuously reminding us of mafia existing despite what I thought were evident comments on my part (which to be fair were very convoluted and confusing), which signed to me he was one of them. Then he OMGUS'ed and tried to really shirk suspicion instead of responding to the votes on him, so vote stood, and threw out the "What's a townie to do" line. All of which are scum tells for people not in their first 5 or so games, which it appears he is. I have seen many new players, including myself, do the exact same thing when they are in an awkward scenario.
timmytuttut31
timmytuttut31
Goon
timmytuttut31
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:32 am

Post by timmytuttut31 »

armlx wrote:He wasn't really scummy, and I'll admit I was wrong. My first vote was due to him continuously reminding us of mafia existing despite what I thought were evident comments on my part (which to be fair were very convoluted and confusing), which signed to me he was one of them. Then he OMGUS'ed and tried to really shirk suspicion instead of responding to the votes on him, so vote stood, and threw out the "What's a townie to do" line. All of which are scum tells for people not in their first 5 or so games, which it appears he is. I have seen many new players, including myself, do the exact same thing when they are in an awkward scenario.
that's all we needed to hear
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:55 am

Post by farside22 »

Why armix is a hypocrite:
armlx wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:
armlx wrote:
farside22 wrote:I'm not going to hammer GS. I still have issues with armix for his comment.
armlx wrote:
FOS Farside
. Rallied on GS, jumped off to rally on Rosso, now jumping off to rally again. Doing lots of latching on to votes (always 2nd on wagon very shortly after).
Later he states a 2nd vote is not a bandwagon, but he thinks it odd I'm the 2nd vote against someone.
I am trying to get reactions to why people are doing what they are doing that is how you find scum. Not by following a bandwagon.
It appears to me you keep trying to build on starting wagons in the hopes one spirals out of control. Hence the FOS.
If she wanted to be on a wagon that was spiraling out of control, why wouldn't she just tack her vote onto the GS wagon with no explanation? Oh wait, thats what YOU did.
Hardly. Jumping on the GS wagon without following valid reasoning would be the worst thing for scum to do. It's a lot easier for them to divert the attention from him today and just follow up on the suspicions from D1 on D2 or 3.
After this he see's I make a very valid point against GS and vote against him. (Which I still find GS comment BS.) So he votes for me for voting against GS. (Basically whether I voted for GS or not I'm scum to him)
He wasn't really scummy, and I'll admit I was wrong. My first vote was due to him continuously reminding us of mafia existing despite what I thought were evident comments on my part (which to be fair were very convoluted and confusing), which signed to me he was one of them. Then he OMGUS'ed and tried to really shirk suspicion instead of responding to the votes on him, so vote stood, and threw out the "What's a townie to do" line. All of which are scum tells for people not in their first 5 or so games, which it appears he is. I have seen many new players, including myself, do the exact same thing when they are in an awkward scenario.
Now he has insight and decides that GS isn't scummie because he is new. Should we give every player that is new the same attitude. If they show scum vibes are comments do we just ignore it? He sounds like exactly what he said I was doing.
Major FOS armix
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:52 am

Post by armlx »

There are specific scum tells that are also just newbie tells. The reason you voted GS is one of them (claiming in frustration, even if it won't help), which was the main logic behind the case on GS towards the end of the wagon IMO.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:50 am

Post by angelmouse »

Phate wrote:GS is the lynch today. He's scum.

TTT is the lynch tomorrow. If he's town, we can look at armlx.
Can i have reasoning a to why these are your choices? Plus 3 days lynch already planned....sounds sus to me as if you know something we don't. All could chane after the first lynch depending on the outcome.
armlx wrote: There are specific scum tells that are also just newbie tells. The reason you voted GS is one of them (claiming in frustration, even if it won't help), which was the main logic behind the case on GS towards the end of the wagon IMO.
It wasn't the reason at the start, remember he claimed after several votes so argument flawed there......again....Spot has many reason for his votes, not just the claim.

Several players are very quiet, oEJo and Thorbjorn to name two. I would like to hear from them
Mod
can you prod please?
DoctorJimmy
DoctorJimmy
Goon
DoctorJimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:48 am

Post by DoctorJimmy »

@armlx: I'm curious, do you think timmytuttut88 should get the same leniency for his join date as GS? If not, why?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:33 am

Post by armlx »

DoctorJimmy wrote:@armlx: I'm curious, do you think timmytuttut88 should get the same leniency for his join date as GS? If not, why?
No. His behavior does not fall under the tells I let slide for new players. Its actually a lot closer to how I'ld expect a newbie scum player to act actually.
timmytuttut31
timmytuttut31
Goon
timmytuttut31
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by timmytuttut31 »

armlx wrote:
DoctorJimmy wrote:@armlx: I'm curious, do you think timmytuttut88 should get the same leniency for his join date as GS? If not, why?
No. His behavior does not fall under the tells I let slide for new players. Its actually a lot closer to how I'ld expect a newbie scum player to act actually.
what makes you think i'm scum? Is it because i put to much pressure on you?

@ phate: why do you think i should be the lynch for day 2?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by armlx »

Hardly. You have done everything people are attacking me for (with less reasoning) plus laid low between it all.
timmytuttut31
timmytuttut31
Goon
timmytuttut31
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by timmytuttut31 »

armlx wrote:Hardly. You have done everything people are attacking me for (with less reasoning) plus laid low between it all.
people attacked you for voting for no apparent reason, and argueing about the setup of this game. Show me where I did that please.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by armlx »

timmytuttut88 wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:
@ tttt88: You nailed it man. All I am is a wagoner.
wow your definetely not helping your case!
vote:Greasyspot
With no evidence past the point you weren't willing to vote.

Unvote comes right after GS wagon derails.

Also the post you vote me you attack Rosso, but just say I'm scummy and vote me.
timmytuttut31
timmytuttut31
Goon
timmytuttut31
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by timmytuttut31 »

armlx wrote:
timmytuttut88 wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:
@ tttt88: You nailed it man. All I am is a wagoner.
wow your definetely not helping your case!
vote:Greasyspot
With no evidence past the point you weren't willing to vote.

Unvote comes right after GS wagon derails.

Also the post you vote me you attack Rosso, but just say I'm scummy and vote me.
with no evidence? I asked him a question which he basically wouldn't answer so i voted him since he wasnt cooperating. I then didn't exactly want to have GS hammered yet since he could answer are questions later. So I unvoted since I figured you weren't exactly helping either and i wanted to hear your case. Nowyour basically OMGUSing me and saying that i'm a wagoner when all i'm trying to do is get some basic info.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Greasy Spot wrote:Here's the deal. I will role claim. I am a Townie. This could help the town if you let it. The mafia now knows I am a townie and will be a target for a night kill if I am not lynched. I am telling you this so as a town you can use this lynch vote to vote a mafia member out. If it doesn't work and the town is not happy, you may vote me out in Day 2 and I won't try to stop you.
farside22 wrote:My problem is GS made a really dumb comment. I mean really dumb. I'm trying to be nice. The logic that he stated that I quoted when I voted for him was out there to say the least. Basically scum will kill me because I've stated my role is the biggest BS I ever heard in an open game. Sometimes I give newbie a bit of a room, but newbie's acting scummie don't get the same bennifits.
I'm also good with armix for contradicting himself.
What I was trying to say here and obviously didn't get it across very well is as follows. Scum want to pick off Townies. If I come out and claim I am a Townie then I am an easy kill for them. Why would they want to lynch me when they could nightkill me when ever they wanted too. I said I would be a target for a nightkill because if the town believed me they wouldn't lynch me. If the scum pushed for my lynch then that would expose the scum.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:37 am

Post by armlx »

Greasy Spot wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:Here's the deal. I will role claim. I am a Townie. This could help the town if you let it. The mafia now knows I am a townie and will be a target for a night kill if I am not lynched. I am telling you this so as a town you can use this lynch vote to vote a mafia member out. If it doesn't work and the town is not happy, you may vote me out in Day 2 and I won't try to stop you.
farside22 wrote:My problem is GS made a really dumb comment. I mean really dumb. I'm trying to be nice. The logic that he stated that I quoted when I voted for him was out there to say the least. Basically scum will kill me because I've stated my role is the biggest BS I ever heard in an open game. Sometimes I give newbie a bit of a room, but newbie's acting scummie don't get the same bennifits.
What I was trying to say here and obviously didn't get it across very well is as follows. Scum want to pick off Townies. If I come out and claim I am a Townie then I am an easy kill for them. Why would they want to lynch me when they could nightkill me when ever they wanted too. I said I would be a target for a nightkill because if the town believed me they wouldn't lynch me. If the scum pushed for my lynch then that would expose the scum.
Except claiming Townie is what everyone in this game would claim if they are asked.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:48 am

Post by farside22 »

armlx wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:
Except claiming Townie is what everyone in this game would claim if they are asked.
Thank you. Thank you. Ugh. I make this joke in every game so far but it's the truth.

Will the scum please come out and tell us you are scum so we can lynch you??

Cricket*

Yeah I didn't think so.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:16 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Unvote, Vote: Greasy Spot

The mafia would not NK you for claiming town, that is just dumb. Every single claim this game will be vanilla townie, and if you really weren't mafia then the actual scum would know this, making you just as legitimate an NK as anyone else not in their scum group. In fact, if you weren't the lynch today, you would almost certainly be left alive to continue taking flak tomorrow.

I can see that there is a large contingent of the town that strongly prefers lynching GS today instead of armlx. I agree GS looks like scum, so I'm OK with his lynch (thus my vote change), and I feel he and armlx are likely members of different scum pairs. However, oEJo and possibly phate are pinging my scumdar for so insistently denying an armlx lynch over GS today. I would still prefer to see armlx be the lynch today because I think he's looked just as scummy as GS and he's less of a noob so there's not as much chance of it just being stupidity. Since that idea hasn't gained any traction though, I'll let it slide until tomorrow.
timmytuttut31
timmytuttut31
Goon
timmytuttut31
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by timmytuttut31 »

vote count please?
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by oEJo »

OGML - I'm not sure where you got the impression I was wanting an armlx lynch. I retract my statement "He made a mistake, let him off" or whatever. That was a stupid, tired post.

I'm fairly sure Greasy Spot is scum.
Just call me EJ.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by oEJo »

Unvote
Just call me EJ.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by armlx »

oEJo wrote:OGML - I'm not sure where you got the impression I was wanting an armlx lynch. I retract my statement "He made a mistake, let him off" or whatever. That was a stupid, tired post.

So you are saying you made a mistake in accepting the fact I had made a mistake and we should accept your mistake? Or am I reading this wrong.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

armlx wrote:
oEJo wrote:OGML - I'm not sure where you got the impression I was wanting an armlx lynch. I retract my statement "He made a mistake, let him off" or whatever. That was a stupid, tired post.

So you are saying you made a mistake in accepting the fact I had made a mistake and we should accept your mistake? Or am I reading this wrong.
I don't particularly think you made a mistake armlx, I just think you're mafia
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 247

with 12 alive, 7 will lynch before deadline

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
¬Greasy Spot
: 5 : DoctorJimmy, Killah Nine, Phate, farside22, OhGodMyLife
armlx
: 1 : Greasy Spot
farside22
: 1 : armlx,
timmytuttut88
: 1 : Thorbjorn
oEJo
: 1 : angelmouse

not voting
: 2 :Rosso Carne, timmytuttut88, oEJo

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
Day 1's deadline is February 19

I'll send out the requested prods tomorrow when I have time.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by oEJo »

@Armlx: I'm retracting this post:
oEJo wrote:
Vote: farside22

He admitted that he made a mistake. Not many people do that. Why jump on him for it?
@OGML - Where did you get the impression I wanted an armlx lynch? Please show me.
Just call me EJ.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”