Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Iammars »

Guardian wrote:Iammars (considering) -- OMGUS, as far as I can see.
[...]
Mafia games want to ENCOURAGE posting, not DISCOURAGE it. Thok MGM & Mars's reasons are all bullshit, and Erg0's reason is at best misguided.
You obviously need glasses then? May I suggest the pair in my avatar?

My main reason for voting you is you can't tell when I'm joking and when I'm being serious, and using me joking around as the basis for a major case.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Guardian »

I'm generally bad at telling when people are joking, and am of the opinion that joking has little place in mafia, because when you do something suspicious you can just go "oh, I was joking." :\
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by cicero »

Guardian wrote:I'm generally bad at telling when people are joking, and am of the opinion that joking has little place in mafia, because when you do something suspicious you can just go "oh, I was joking." :\
How do your haikus
Get an exception from this
I would like to know
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

unvote, vote: Guardian

Much better place than that silly Kscope wagon. Seriously guys.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Guardian »

cicero wrote:
Guardian wrote:I'm generally bad at telling when people are joking, and am of the opinion that joking has little place in mafia, because when you do something suspicious you can just go "oh, I was joking." :\
How do your haikus
Get an exception from this
I would like to know
Haikus are not jokes.
They are simply different.
Doesn't imply jest.
Do not lynch me.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Iammars »

Well, excuse me for having fun.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by Guardian »

I'm fine with you having fun, just I'm not fine with talking about game relevant information and then saying you are joking. I tend to have lots of fun while playing mafia (except when people vote for me for bullshit/no reason).

Like Flameaxe's recent vote, for example. Any explanation at all, Flameaxe?
Do not lynch me.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by Thok »

Guardian wrote:Thok -- I am "making stuff up." I've responded in detail to everything he brought up as "me making stuff up", he hasn't replied, and his vote is still on me.
Actually, there's at least two arguments I've complained about that you haven't discussed (your comment asking about whether or not Stoofer actually prodded Iammars, when it's a matter of public record that Iammars was prodded, and my analysis of what Iammars' comment about not knowing what Stoofer thinks of his role actually means.)

Also, you're turning a lot of the conversation between us into a "he said, she said". Your argument defending your the haiku and confirming like a pirate arguments ultimately boil down to "They are good arguments because I say they are good arguments." (This is most blatant with the confirming like a pirate argument; no matter how much you repeat it, there's no particular reason to believe that Iammars wasn't simply making a joke. The haiku arguments are barely better than this.)

Also, I'm partially voting you still because I don't really think your response to my attacks on you match my protown Guardian meta. In particular, you seem intent on slandering my scum hunting abilities, which seems to imply that you think I'm hunting scum and hence town. (Yes, there are multiple scum groups, but you seem more interested on trying to lynch lurkers then on considering the possibility that somebody attacking you is scum.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I don't want you to have fun.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Guardian »

Thok wrote:
Guardian wrote:Thok -- I am "making stuff up." I've responded in detail to everything he brought up as "me making stuff up", he hasn't replied, and his vote is still on me.
Actually, there's at least two arguments I've complained about that you haven't discussed (your comment asking about whether or not Stoofer actually prodded Iammars, when it's a matter of public record that Iammars was prodded
O.O? Really? I missed that, where did you bringit up? Where did Stoofer??
and my analysis of what Iammars' comment about not knowing what Stoofer thinks of his role actually means.
Not sure I read this either.
Also, you're turning a lot of the conversation between us into a "he said, she said". Your argument defending your the haiku and confirming like a pirate arguments ultimately boil down to "They are good arguments because I say they are good arguments."
I've said, as a pro-town player, in Ork mafia, that I thought copying my haiku was a scumtell. Maybe I am wrong, but I, as town, think this. So no.
This is most blatant with the confirming like a pirate argument; no matter how much you repeat it, there's no particular reason to believe that Iammars wasn't simply making a joke.
I don't think there is such thing as simply making a joke in mafia. I remember someone has a title IT'S A JOKE (emptyger?) to prove that.
Also, I'm partially voting you still because I don't really think your response to my attacks on you match my protown Guardian meta. In particular, you seem intent on slandering my scum hunting abilities, which seems to imply that you think I'm hunting scum and hence town.
wtf? I've said how I find you suspicious but can't put my finger on why. mostly it is BECAUSE of your slanderously bad scumhunting here -- I know Thok to be better than this.
(Yes, there are multiple scum groups, but you seem more interested on trying to lynch lurkers then on considering the possibility that somebody attacking you is scum.)
why would I be more likely to do this as scum than town?
Flameaxe wrote:I don't want you to have fun.
And now ther serious answer? Or you don't have one?
Do not lynch me.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Iammars »

Guardian wrote:
I think he was referring to me.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Guardian wrote:I'm fine with you having fun, just I'm not fine with talking about game relevant information and then saying you are joking. I tend to have lots of fun while playing mafia (except when people vote for me for bullshit/no reason).
You've failed to establish that Mars' confirmation "Yar" is game-relevant. That's going to be a pretty tough one to sell.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Guardian »

Erg0 wrote:
Guardian wrote:I'm fine with you having fun, just I'm not fine with talking about game relevant information and then saying you are joking. I tend to have lots of fun while playing mafia (except when people vote for me for bullshit/no reason).
You've failed to establish that Mars' confirmation "Yar" is game-relevant. That's going to be a pretty tough one to sell.
How could it possibly be conceived to be not game relevant?

This game is *called* PIRATES v ninjas. Confirming AS_A_PIRATE is not game relevant???

???????
Do not lynch me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Iammars wrote:
Guardian wrote:
I wasn't.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:
Iammars wrote:
Guardian wrote:
I wasn't.
Yar. Never mind then, matey.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Guardian »

Flameaxe wrote:
Iammars wrote:
Guardian wrote:
I wasn't.
So now, after Iammars's incorrect assumption -- the serious answer: why did you vote me? and how could not wanting me to have fun have been your reason at that time? I hadn't said that bullshit votes make the game un-fun for me until after you bullshit voted me.
Do not lynch me.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Iammars »

Oh no, I just referred to Flameaxe as "matey" and greeted him with "yar." I must be indicated our alignment!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Guardian »

Iammars wrote:Yar. Never mind then, matey.
WTF.............. this makes me want to claw my eyes out.
Do not lynch me.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Erg0 »

It's a confirmation post - the game proper hasn't even started yet. That's like arguing that what someone said in the signup thread is game-relevant (I am aware that this has already happened).
V/LA most weekends.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Guardian »

Erg0 wrote:It's a confirmation post - the game proper hasn't even started yet. That's like arguing that what someone said in the signup thread is game-relevant (I am aware that this has already happened).
In the signup thread, we haven't gotten our roles yet.

IN the confirmation thread, we HAD gotten our roles, and stoofer said to treat it as part of night 1. Clearly you see the difference, nO????
Do not lynch me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Iammars wrote:Oh no, I just referred to Flameaxe as "matey" and greeted him with "yar." I must be indicated our alignment!
Yarr! He must walk the plank!
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Erg0 »

What I'm trying to get at is that we were still essentially in the "pre-game" stage and, as such, people would not generally be expected to post game-relevant content. As such, painting something that is said during confirmations as game-relevant requires a much higher standard of proof than if the same thing had been said during the game itself.

It's not at all unusual for players to confirm in a lighthearted or joking way - you can see that Claus and UA also added little bits of flavour to their confirmations. Comparing this to scumtells disguised as jokes during the actual game (e.g. EmpTyger's attempted joke) is not valid.
V/LA most weekends.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by Thok »

Guardian wrote:O.O? Really? I missed that, where did you bringit up? Where did Stoofer??
I brought this up in post 657, which mentioned Stoofer's prod of Iammars in post 571 and all of Iammars posting on MS between the prod and his posting in this game.

(This also had my analysis of Iammars "I'm not sure if I'm a pirate" comment.)

You responded to 657 immediately in 659.
This is most blatant with the confirming like a pirate argument; no matter how much you repeat it, there's no particular reason to believe that Iammars wasn't simply making a joke.
I don't think there is such thing as simply making a joke in mafia. I remember someone has a title IT'S A JOKE (emptyger?) to prove that.
Actually, that was just a joke. EmpTyger's done at least one April Fool's joke as town. (The original was in Les Mis min (Mini 167), where he was scum. The second was done in Princess Bride (Mini 303), when EmpTyger was town. The third was done in C&H, when he was scum. So, EmpTyger's willing to play this joke as either alignment.)
Also, I'm partially voting you still because I don't really think your response to my attacks on you match my protown Guardian meta. In particular, you seem intent on slandering my scum hunting abilities, which seems to imply that you think I'm hunting scum and hence town.
wtf? I've said how I find you suspicious but can't put my finger on why. mostly it is BECAUSE of your slanderously bad scumhunting here -- I know Thok to be better than this.
If you were town, you'd try harder than this to figure out "why you find me scummy." As scum, you can toss softball scum accusations and "Thok is playing badly accusations" at me and simply deflect your lynch long enough so that somebody not in your scum group will get lynched.
(Yes, there are multiple scum groups, but you seem more interested on trying to lynch lurkers then on considering the possibility that somebody attacking you is scum.)
why would I be more likely to do this as scum than town?
Because as scum, you know the people on you actually have valid reasons to see you hang, and that actually confronting them directly will probably get you lynched. It's much easier for you to just convince a bunch of people to go after lurkers.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Vote: Guardian

Whats funny is you believe the things you type.

You also still don't know how to write haikus
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by Guardian »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Vote: Guardian

Whats funny is you believe the things you type.
and yet you are still voting for me?

you posit I believe the things I type (true) and still vote me? Why? How can you possibly justify this?
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”