Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Guardian wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:
Vote: Guardian

Whats funny is you believe the things you type.
and yet you are still voting for me?

you posit I believe the things I type (true) and still vote me? Why? How can you possibly justify this?
Well, he can start by asking you to comprehend things better.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Guardian wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:
Vote: Guardian

Whats funny is you believe the things you type.
and yet you are still voting for me?

you posit I believe the things I type (true) and still vote me? Why? How can you possibly justify this?
I'm saying the things you type are pretty un-fucking-believable
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Also, you should comprehend things better
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Guardian »

Flameaxe, since you've provided no reason, still, for voting me, I'll assume it is unfettered bandwagoning?

and you last post makes absolutely no sense. seriously, diaf.

erg0 and mgm at least appear to believe they are doing the town a service in voting me. thok i think is scum, iammars, is at least trying to appear reasonable.

you and ultima avalon are just voting me for... nothing. it's really frustrating, and ruins the game (for me at least -- i bet some scum [maybe kscope and his buddes] are really enjoying it). remove your heads from your asses.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Haikus are Japanese, like ninjas.
FoS: Guardian
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Hooray. More irrelevant fluff.

Iammars
, you confirmed with pirate flavor and I found that to be suspicious. But this was back when we had nothing to go on. Does it bother you to be 800 pages in, and people are still discussing it like it's the most important thing that has happened?

If I recall correctly, and correct me if I'm wrong because I have trouble keeping this game straight, you said that wikipedia couldn't help you decide if your role was pirate/ninja/whatever. It seems to me that something like that would be pretty obvious. Why don't you tell me what your flavor is so I can look it up, if it's so difficult for you to define yourself?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Thok »

mikeburnfire wrote:If I recall correctly, and correct me if I'm wrong because I have trouble keeping this game straight, you said that wikipedia couldn't help you decide if your role was pirate/ninja/whatever. It seems to me that something like that would be pretty obvious. Why don't you tell me what your flavor is so I can look it up, if it's so difficult for you to define yourself?
Why are you fishing for Iammars' flavor?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Guardian wrote:
Iammars wrote:YAR!

I be confirming captain!
This post is also
highly suspect, considering
the day scene info.
Guardian wrote:No one has responded in any meaningful way to my points about UA's pirate avatar, or Iammars's confirming with pirate flavor. I believe the latter is a stronger point, and merits a change of vote at this juncture.
Guardian wrote:Alluding to a role-type on your first post can out you in any flavored game
And then, quite suddenly, you decided that
Guardian wrote:I think Iammars alignment is fairly unknown
And we never heard about it again....
Until you decide we should kill a lurker, and we get:
Guardian wrote:I definitely think Iammars is the best shot at being scum
And where does this lead right back to?
Guardian wrote:
Erg0 wrote:You've failed to establish that Mars' confirmation "Yar" is game-relevant. That's going to be a pretty tough one to sell.
How could it possibly be conceived to be not game relevant?

This game is *called* PIRATES v ninjas. Confirming AS_A_PIRATE is not game relevant???

???????
You know....maybe you're right. There is no case against you. In fact, your case against Mars is quite sound.

Of course, if that's true, then I could make a case about your constant use of (poorly made) haikus makes you a Ninja.

Yes. Thats a good case. About as good as yours anyway
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Thok wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:If I recall correctly, and correct me if I'm wrong because I have trouble keeping this game straight, you said that wikipedia couldn't help you decide if your role was pirate/ninja/whatever. It seems to me that something like that would be pretty obvious. Why don't you tell me what your flavor is so I can look it up, if it's so difficult for you to define yourself?
Why are you fishing for Iammars' flavor?
Thats not fishing. Fishing implies subtlety. That had the subtlety of a brick being thrown into a lake on a calm, quiet day.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by Twomz »

Wow, I go to work for a couple of hours and the thread explodes.

I'm not sure what I want to do with the rest of the day. A part of me (the part that enjoys fun games) wants to continue to run up K-scope, because the likelihood that he will do anything besides make one line posts and vote people for no apparent reason is low. But, another part of me knows that this is what he always does, and that a WHOLE lot of people jumped on this wagon for very little reason. I know it kinda started snowballing after my vote, and that I have supported it up to now... but I was kinda hoping for some content from my vote, not just a "oh, lurker lynch lolz" wagon.

At least we can look back on this wagon cause there are probably several people from multiple scum groups on the wagon right now, even if at first glance it appears as if 1/2 the people on the wagon are either confirmed or not really being considered right now.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Twomz wrote:at first glance it appears as if 1/2 the people on the wagon are either confirmed or not really being considered right now.
Can you be more specific?
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:47 pm

Post by Mgm »

cicero wrote:I made the argument for lynching lurkers on day one already. Less information now (when we can afford it) in return for more information later (when we need it even more). It's a long-term strategic choice. Choose it or don't.

As for information we might gain.. did anyone else besides me notice Rocco Carne hop on the Kscope wagon? How could he justify such a thing? Wagon seems to have born possible fruit to me already.
If we go for this sort of 'strategic choices' we won't even make the end game to get the 'later' information. As for Rosso Carne, just seems easy lazy wagoning to me.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by Mgm »

Guardian wrote:If an Iammars wagon appears out of thin air, I'll join it gladly. Otherwise, a scope lynch is better than a me-lynch.

I'm of the mindset that if Scope has something to claim, he should claim it soon. If we're not lynching him, we need to find someone other than he or I in the span of 5 days.
In other words, you want to survive and would lynch badly to make it happen. There are other choices than you and Kscope, but you make no effort to look at other suspects. That first para is just a false dilemma.
Show
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Mgm »

Guardian wrote:<snip>

Mgm -- originally voted me because he misread my post in which I said Thok was trying to lynch a town player -- I am that town player. I obviously know that. duh.

<snip>
I've decided that no matter what, I'll stick through this game, unlike Big Love Mafia, but the reasons for voting me here are just as bullshit as the reasons for voting me there were.
I maintain that there is a wagon on me largely, if not exclusively, because I am the most prolific poster and proactive player and there are more of my posts/actions to attack

Mafia games want to ENCOURAGE posting, not DISCOURAGE it. Thok MGM & Mars's reasons are all bullshit, and Erg0's reason is at best misguided.
Yeah, my original reason wasn't good, but you fail to mention or even guess why I'm currently voting you.

On the second paragraph. You can maintain all you want, and bolding doesn't help, but there are plenty of people who can be both prolific and non-scummy. If you didn't push crap cases you wouldn't be voted at all even if you were prolific.
Show
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by Mgm »

Guardian wrote:
Erg0 wrote:It's a confirmation post - the game proper hasn't even started yet. That's like arguing that what someone said in the signup thread is game-relevant (I am aware that this has already happened).
In the signup thread, we haven't gotten our roles yet.

IN the confirmation thread, we HAD gotten our roles, and stoofer said to treat it as part of night 1. Clearly you see the difference, nO????
Let's assume for a moment that it is game relevant: how could you possibly know at the very first post in the game whether pirates or ninjas are scum without being scum yourself?
Show
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by Guardian »

Mgm wrote:
Guardian wrote:If an Iammars wagon appears out of thin air, I'll join it gladly. Otherwise, a scope lynch is better than a me-lynch.

I'm of the mindset that if Scope has something to claim, he should claim it soon. If we're not lynching him, we need to find someone other than he or I in the span of 5 days.
In other words, you want to survive and would lynch badly to make it happen. There are other choices than you and Kscope, but you make no effort to look at other suspects. That first para is just a false dilemma.
We have 5 days. I want to look at mars. Then Erg0 posts some bullshit about trying to manufacture a last minute wagon on me.

Saying I am not intersted in non-Kscope targets is categorically untrue.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by Guardian »

Mgm wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Erg0 wrote:It's a confirmation post - the game proper hasn't even started yet. That's like arguing that what someone said in the signup thread is game-relevant (I am aware that this has already happened).

IN the confirmation thread, we HAD gotten our roles, and stoofer said to treat it as part of night 1. Clearly you see the difference, nO????
Let's assume for a moment that it is game relevant: how could you possibly know at the very first post in the game whether pirates or ninjas are scum without being scum yourself?
Stoofer's death scene had a pirate kill (obviously) and what appeared to be a ninja kill. It was completely obvious pirates were scum. Mars confirmed like a pirate.

Why confirm like scum, unless you are scum trying to do something tricky? (or joking, apparently :\)
Do not lynch me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Guardian wrote:
Mgm wrote:
Guardian wrote:

Stoofer's death scene had a pirate kill (obviously) and what appeared to be a ninja kill. It was completely obvious pirates were scum. Mars confirmed like a pirate.

Why confirm like scum, unless you are scum trying to do something tricky? (or joking, apparently :\)
Calling someone out for confirming with "yarr" in a game called PIRATES V. ninjas is just plain dumb.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Guardian wrote:
Mgm wrote:

We have 5 days. I want to look at mars. Then Erg0 posts some bullshit about trying to manufacture a last minute wagon on me.

Saying I am not intersted in non-Kscope targets is categorically untrue.
Last minute? I've been on you for most of the day, it's just taken this long for the prospect of an actual wagon to appear. I can't help it if people are slow.

In fact, all that I actually did in practice is ask Mars why he was consciously choosing not to vote you at a critical moment. If you come up scum I'll be looking very hard in his direction next.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Guardian »

Everyone voting for me (with the possible exception of Erg0) I think is a fool, or scum, or both:

Thok - scum
Mgm - fool
Flameaxe - fool
UA - fool

I can see how it might be seen that Thok is town, and I plan on looking more closely at him later (though, as I said a few days ago, I *should* be on v/la right now).

Thok aside, are the last three not trivially obvious to anyone (besides those 3)? If so, I'll try to explain in detail. To me, all 3 of their votes are just premised on ridiculous logic/assumptions.
Do not lynch me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Guardian wrote:Everyone voting for me (with the possible exception of Erg0) I think is a fool, or scum, or both:

Thok - scum
Mgm - fool
Flameaxe - fool
UA - fool

I can see how it might be seen that Thok is town, and I plan on looking more closely at him later (though, as I said a few days ago, I *should* be on v/la right now).

Thok aside, are the last three not trivially obvious to anyone (besides those 3)? If so, I'll try to explain in detail. To me, all 3 of their votes are just premised on ridiculous logic/assumptions.
Someone is missing some posts here.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Guardian wrote:
Mgm wrote:
Guardian wrote:

Right, because we all confirmed AFTER Stoofer gave us the death scene.

Yup. No bullshit here.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Guardian »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Mgm wrote:
Guardian wrote:

Yup. No bullshit here.
ROFL you are an ibecile.

I called Iammars scummy after the death scene.
at that point in time, I had the information of his confirming like a pirate, and the death scene, implying pirates = scum
. With that information, I put 1 + 1 = 2, and voted Mars.

holy shit, this is amusing, and sad.
Do not lynch me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Guardian wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Mgm wrote:
Guardian wrote:

Yup. No bullshit here.
ROFL you are an ibecile.

I called Iammars scummy after the death scene.
at that point in time, I had the information of his confirming like a pirate, and the death scene, implying pirates = scum
. With that information, I put 1 + 1 = 2, and voted Mars.

holy shit, this is amusing, and sad.
How much you pick at something silly like this is even more amusing. Yarr, it is. Come mateys! Let us find buried treasure! It certainly isn't in Guardian's case!
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

There was also a player who confirmed with a haiku. The death scene revealed a death by ninja. Why are you not attacking him for the exact same thing?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”