Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Twomz »

@ TSQ: ? What about my post higher up on the page answering Gorrad's question? I'm sorry if only posting once or twice a day means posting every 2-3 pages... geez.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

mikeburnfire wrote:^ Really? Because being hammered is one of the worst things that can happen to me, as it reduces the number of players on my side and worsens my chances of winning. Compared to that, voting for somebody I'm not sure about doesn't seem so bad.

And what do you mean by "Thok will probably hammer me"? You don't even have any votes on you at the moment.

FOS: TSQ
Well. for one thing I'Dd say this isn't true. I'd much rather die as a townie than several actions I can think of (one being out a power role) For another I'd point out that Kscope was getting up there in votes, so a vote for him at deadline might be a lynch of him at deadline, and considering the fact that I am not at all convinced he is scum, thats potentially a lynching vote on potentially a townie. Which is pretty bad.

But in addition, I the second part of your statement reveals how stupid your attempted interpretation of my post was...I don't have any votes on me, so why the hell would I be worried about a hammer in the sense of a lynching vote. I obviously meant hammer in exactly the sense that thok just posted.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Twomz, rate your own "Signal to noise" ration since I stopped voting you, and tell me what you come up with.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by Twomz »

Thestatusquo wrote:Twomz, rate your own "Signal to noise" ration since I stopped voting you, and tell me what you come up with.
No idea wtf you're talking about... please explain what "signal to noise" means... because to me it sounds like a signal to make noise or something... and ration? I don't even know what to think about that sentence.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I believe ration = ratio
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by cicero »

signal is to noise as substantive content is to bullshit.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Mgm »

The Fonz wrote:But I'm not going to accept that it's already determined that our choice is that narrow.
So you think there is enough time to drum up votes for another wagon within 48 hours?
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Mgm wrote:
The Fonz wrote:But I'm not going to accept that it's already determined that our choice is that narrow.
So you think there is enough time to drum up votes for another wagon within 48 hours?
There may be. It would be remiss of me not to at least try.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:35 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

KaleiÐoscøpe: 8 (Thesp, Twomz, cicero, Claus, hasdgfas, Rosso Carne, Guardian, mikeburnfire)
Guardian: 7 (Erg0, Thok, Mgm, Flameaxe, UltimaAvalon, KaleiÐoscøpe, Iammars)
mikeburnfire: 2 (JordanA24, The Fonz)
Thesp: 1 (Gorrad)
Iammars: 1 (Sir Tornado)
Rosso Carne: 1 (Kison)

Not voting: 4 (Skruffs, Samruc, MrBuddyLee, Thestatusquo)

13 to lynch!

Deadline: 9am GMT Monday 11th February.

A reminder of the deadline rule:
[quote][05] At deadline, a person will be lynched if they have a majority of voters voting for them. That means you can be lynched with just one vote if only one person is voting. [/quote]
Currently 20 players are voting, which would mean that (since nobody has 11 votes), nobody would be lynched at deadline.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:23 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Thok, what I was trying to say is that I usually don't vote someone in the tier just for my own skin, but I will if another player feels like doing so, even if he's far from being lynched yet. This is also because I believe it is a scumtell.

Furthermore I think your speculation is funny. ;)

I'm actually still quite amazed people still don't know how I play, as I usually come to action later in the game, as earlygame usually goes way to fast for me (For reference : #440 [which oddly enough no one replied to, but people do call me a lurker for not getting better into the game then]).

For the record, I will be claiming tomorrow if I'm still on top of the lynch, though I rather hope I don't have to.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:09 am

Post by Iammars »

As an update, Stoofer's refusing to tell me. He just linked me to the wikipedia article.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:17 am

Post by Twomz »

@ TSQ: Low, as I've said before. What is your point?
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:10 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Mars. We get it. You don't know. If you're not going to bare your name to us so we may interpret it for you, then kindly drop the subject.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Thesp »

I think Kaleidoscope should claim now - no sense in dragging it out. I'm especially bothered by how you're defiantly no contributing. You're not the only one, but it is egregious and must be stopped. Claim or die.

I really don't see why people think Guardian is more likely to be scum (especially after his genuine-looking tantrum), and I don't think he should be lynched today. I also don't think Iammars is more likely to be scum. (
Remind me to say something about communicating mod-communication from a theory-level after this game.
) I'm growing increasingly concerned with Skruffs, and I think he's highly likely to be scum.

For the record, I'm not comfortable with TSQ's unvote for reasons he himself stated. I don't know if I like The Fonz or not - he deserves far more attention as the game progresses.

Happy with my vote.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 am

Post by Thok »

Thesp wrote:I really don't see why people think Guardian is more likely to be scum (especially after his genuine-looking tantrum), and I don't think he should be lynched today.
If you spend any time reading Open 19, you wouldn't consider Guardian's tantrum a good argument argument for him being town.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Xtoxm replaces Sir Tornado

Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:15 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hey all ;) Some familiar faces here!
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Guardian »

Sorry for anyone I offended, but I was and am very annoyed at this game.

I really think Kscope & or I should claim, soon, if someone is to be lynched Saturday. I'd hate for us to be in a Kscope or me mentality and have both of us have believable claims......
Fonz wrote: A Guardian wagon remains preferable to a Scope or Mars one. My meta on G is inconclusive- I've seen him act like this with the mass omgus 'everyone against me is either scum or moron' thing as both town and scum. Though there's some validity to the claim that he's drawing more attention because he's active, it's a long way from true to suggest that it's the main reason for his wagon. That's massively overplaying it. He has, after all, implied scumminess twice off the basis of things that I don't consider scumtells.
Had I been inactive as, Sir T, or Rosso, or YOU Fonz, there would be about 0 votes on me right now. I'm very surprised Kscope got to so many votes.

That is what I mean by it being the main reason for my wagon.

I find it interesting that you rank Kscope less scummy than me, but your two OTHER targets are 2 of the 3 I'd pushed today. Then you say I find people scummy for things that aren't scumtells. :\.

TSQ: I am a sensitive person, and I get annoyed by crap logic vs. me in mafia. I apologize for reacting so harshly, but as for me having thin skin, I don't see why that merits "gtfo, good riddance" ...
Thok wrote:
Thesp wrote:I really don't see why people think Guardian is more likely to be scum (especially after his genuine-looking tantrum), and I don't think he should be lynched today.
If you spend any time reading Open 19, you wouldn't consider Guardian's tantrum a good argument argument for him being town.
In Open 19, day 4/5 is all I can think that you might be referring to, and at that point, I believed the reasons for voting me *were* BS.

I'd say me getting frustrated isn't neccesarily an indicator of my alignment (though Open 19 is the only game I remember where I got frustrated as scum), but it is a credible indicator that I think the reasons people are voting me are completely invalid.

---

KS is reluctant to claim, etc., I'm thinking I'll need to claim today, and I'm tempted to just get it over with. It really sucks for us that I have to claim today, it is anti-town and stupid, but if I must, I will.

If nothing major happens between now and tomorrow to convince me otherwise, I'll be claiming.

Scope's claim will be a major factor for me in terms of if I think he should be lynched or if we need to speed find someone else in the last few days....
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:08 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Guardian wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Mgm wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Erg0 wrote:It's a confirmation post - the game proper hasn't even started yet. That's like arguing that what someone said in the signup thread is game-relevant (I am aware that this has already happened).
In the signup thread, we haven't gotten our roles yet.

IN the confirmation thread, we HAD gotten our roles, and stoofer said to treat it as part of night 1. Clearly you see the difference, nO????
Let's assume for a moment that it is game relevant: how could you possibly know at the very first post in the game whether pirates or ninjas are scum without being scum yourself?
Stoofer's death scene had a pirate kill (obviously) and what appeared to be a ninja kill. It was completely obvious pirates were scum. Mars confirmed like a pirate.

Why confirm like scum, unless you are scum trying to do something tricky? (or joking, apparently :\)
Right, because we all confirmed AFTER Stoofer gave us the death scene.

Yup. No bullshit here.
ROFL you are an ibecile.

I called Iammars scummy after the death scene.
at that point in time, I had the information of his confirming like a pirate, and the death scene, implying pirates = scum
. With that information, I put 1 + 1 = 2, and voted Mars.

holy shit, this is amusing, and sad.
There was also a player who confirmed with a haiku. The death scene revealed a death by ninja. Why are you not attacking him for the exact same thing?
Still didn't answer the question
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Guardian »

ps: Gorrad, cow, MBL: Only one of you is voting for me or scope, and none of you have been particularly active.

Being pseudo-confirmed town is a great chance to *lead*, and make things happen, without lots of suspicion back for it :\. so use this opportunity.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Guardian »

Haiku doesn't mean ninja to me. Yarr does mean pirate. Haiku means buddhist monk. I've never seen a ninja say anything.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Guardian »

And, at that time in the game, I thouight you were copying me pre-game announcement that I'd use haikus. So I didn't aprticularly think that it had anything to do with game-flavor, even if I associated haiku with ninja.
Do not lynch me.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:05 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Guardian wrote:ps: Gorrad, cow, MBL: Only one of you is voting for me or scope, and none of you have been particularly active.

Being pseudo-confirmed town is a great chance to *lead*, and make things happen, without lots of suspicion back for it :\. so use this opportunity.
I usually am quite aggressive with my suspicions, but this game has had so many long posts that I'm kinda lost right now.

however, at the moment, i feel kscope is being too lurky(no, playstyle isn't an excuse. day 1 is just as important as any other day) and guardian seems to be a frustrated townie at this point.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Got to go with my gut
Vote: Twomz
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Kison »

Hi,

Don't you love the look of mr. blue's face? He's smirking at
you

...Because he thinks this is pathetic!

Thank you, Thesp, for the response. There wasn't much urgency, but I like to have people's thoughts down so they don't make up a story as they go somewhere down the line, "...well I did this because at the time I thought this..."

I will refrain from smacking Iammars with a piece of salmon because we've already been down that road and we ain't getting much further than we currently are with him.

Guardian, why the frak are you still pestering him(post 633ish)? Time to move on!

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Content is overrated. You should vote for the people you consider suspicious.[/quote]

Hi,

FoS : KaleiÐoscøpe

Please tell me why you're in this game if you don't feel like playing?

[quote="mikeburnfire"]I retract my vote on Twomz.
unvote
[/quote]

Why?

Let's drop the yarr thing already, for the love of god.

[quote="The Fonz"]I'm really not comfortable with wagonning someone for something you admit he 'always' does. I don't think Kscope is one of those players whose very existence is town-threatening, and I don't think two weeks to deadline is a reason to lynch just anybody.[/quote]

Yeah? Who should we lynch then?

I protest lynching Iammars. First off, unless there's an idiot vigilante killing night zero, I think it's fairly safe to conclude there are two killing factions. That being said, one of those factions will eventually kill Iammars/"partner" either under suspicion of the masonry being disadvantageous down the line, or under suspicion of being part of the opposing scum group. Why should we waste a lynch on this when it will probably sort itself out later on? Even if it doesn't, we can take care of that later.

[quote="Clause"]Meh. Are you guys really going to give SirT a lurker pass? sad. Well, he is not the only one being given one.[/quote]

The problem, I think, is the fact there are more lurkers than just him. Kscope is condoning his own lurking. That is naughty. Clause, you of all people should know about naughty. Don't play me for a fool.

Unvote

Vote : Guardian

I've played with Kalei town before. I've played with Guardian scum. Kalei is acting the same. Guardian is acting the same.

I know Guardian acts similarly as town, but I find that I dislike what he's pushing far more.

I WILL move my vote if it will prevent a no-lynch.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”