KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:14 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Well, I guess I could stir up some discussion by my claim now, so here it comes.

I'm Bill Clinton, a lover. So yes, I don't want to get lynched.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:29 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

KaleiÐoscøpe: 9 (Thesp, Twomz, cicero, Claus, hasdgfas, Rosso Carne, Guardian, mikeburnfire, Xtoxm)
Guardian: 8 (Erg0, Thok, Mgm, Flameaxe, UltimaAvalon, KaleiÐoscøpe, Iammars, Kison)
mikeburnfire: 2 (JordanA24, The Fonz)
Thesp: 1 (Gorrad)
Twomz: (Thestatusquo)

Not voting: 3 (Skruffs, Samruc, MrBuddyLee)

13 to lynch!

Deadline: 9am GMT Monday 11th February.

A reminder of the deadline rule:
[quote][05] At deadline, a person will be lynched if they have a majority of voters voting for them. That means you can be lynched with just one vote if only one person is voting. [/quote]
Currently 21 players are voting, which would mean that (since nobody has 11 votes), nobody would be lynched at deadline.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:56 am

Post by Mgm »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Well, I guess I could stir up some discussion by my claim now, so here it comes.

I'm Bill Clinton, a lover. So yes, I don't want to get lynched.[/quote] A lover as in the role? If there are any more specifics about your role, it's best you claim them too, because I doubt this claim is going to put anyone on the wagon off lynching you.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:01 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Yes, the lover role. And there aren't any other specifics to tell, because I'm not going to tell who my other lover is for obvious reasons.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:50 am

Post by Gorrad »

Ok, were you told specifically that your partner is protown like I was?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Mgm »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Yes, the lover role. And there aren't any other specifics to tell, because I'm not going to tell who my other lover is for obvious reasons.[/quote] Of course, I just want to make sure it's the standard lover role without any twists, so I have a clear picture of what you are claiming.

Please answer Gorrad's question too.
Show
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Thesp »

I don't trust the lover claim, but there's no way he's surviving to the endgame with it.
Unvote: Kaleidoscope, Vote: Skruffs.
I will move/remove it in a heartbeat to ensure a lynch. by the end of Saturday. That said, I think Guardian should claim, and get inevitabilities out of the way.

(And I also echo Gorrad's question.)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Mgm »

Thesp wrote:I don't trust the lover claim, but there's no way he's surviving to the endgame with it.
I will move/remove it in a heartbeat to ensure a lynch. by the end of Saturday. That said, I think Guardian should claim, and get inevitabilities out of the way.

(And I also echo Gorrad's question.)
Can you be a bit more specific as to why you don't trust that claim?
Show
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:53 am

Post by Skruffs »

This is bizarre. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to respond to, because Thesp is intentionally trying to not give me anything to respond to.

Just to confirm, this is what you have said in your last couple of posts, Thesp:
Thesp wrote: I find myself uncomfortable with Skruffs, as I read through.
Vote: Kaleidoscope
, though my vote would be just as happy on Sir Tornado or Skruffs.
Thesp wrote: I'm growing increasingly concerned with Skruffs, and I think he's highly likely to be scum.
Thesp wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Thesp:
You've again mentioned you thinking I might be scum, so I will again ask you why. You are still pinging hard on my scumdar, and you now appear to be scuttlling about like a cockroach. Speak up or I shall stamp on thee.
No.
Thesp wrote:
I will move/remove it in a heartbeat to ensure a lynch.
Is this really an attempt at an Argument Through Repitition, Thesp?

I am guessing it is because of this? That's the only time you've explained suspicion of me for any reason, and I'm really disappointed if you are actually using that as your basis. I'm gonna have to permanently remove you from my list, if so.
Thesp wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Thesp: asking for a vig to kill someone, when one vig is already dead?
I do find it noteworthy that you are acutely aware of who has died.
FOS: Skruffs.
Small, but notable.
I think in that little discussion, it was much more likely you were scum, trying to tell other scums who to kill. The only thing is, you were at least continuing your earlier 'game style' of pretending not to have a clue of what was going on in the game. Fossing me after directing a vig, right after earlier trying to force townies to claim pirate or ninja, which, again, suggests cross scum-group communication. Then lay low for a while, then pek back up to try and do stuff without being seen.

SO which are ya, ninja or pirate? :)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:48 am

Post by cicero »

:good posting:
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Thesp »

Skruffs wrote:The only thing is, you were at least continuing your earlier 'game style' of pretending not to have a clue of what was going on in the game.
I don't understand what you mean here.

Skruffs, there are a couple of reasons I'm not divulging more of why I'm suspicious of you - part of it is to see if other people see it too (and without them piggybacking on my reasons - I want to see if my sense is somewhat justified through that), I want to see how you react to my pressure (which I feel I've gotten useful response), and I don't want you to stop doing anything that I think indicates you're more likely to be scum (in case it's anamolous rather than consistent - I don't want you all self-conscious on me).

I also agree 100% that I deliberately laid low for a little while after the firestorm for a variety of reasons, some of which are real life concerns, some of which are page breadth concerns, and some of which were that I felt I was distracting the town by posting rather than helping it.

Happy with my vote, by the way.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Guardian »

Well, this is dumb. This will be, assuming none of the people before me are lying scum, the 1 (MBL) 2 (Fritz) 34 (cow + gorrad) 5 (kscope).... 6th town power role outed today. Oh, 7th, DGB died.

Congratulations everyone, especially me for playing badly and being suspicious, and those who pioneered this innovative and telling wagon on me. :\.

I'm Samwise Gamgee. I am a tracker. I think me being more confirmed is more important than MBL having a shroud of mystery -- I happened to target him N1, and he didn't target anyone for vig-ing.

I've never been a fan of Kscope's wagon; I joined it in hopes that maybe he was scum and at least wouldn't be a power role, and I wouldn't have to claim today, since me having to claim today only adds to the suckitude of day 1. Alas, while not sure I believe Kscope's claim, I definitely agree with Thesp's logic for not lynching him... so in that sense I "believe" his claim, you guys should believe mine, and we need a new wagon in 2 days.

unvote: Kscope

vote: Rosso Carne

This is pretty much a shot in the dark... He was amazingly hypocritical in joining Kscope's wagon though.

I *still* think Mars is a good wagon, I think MBF has been suspicious, Thesp I found suspicious earlier but I'm not sure I want lynched today... TSQ has some good points against Twomz, and there are worse things than trusting TSQ's gut (if he's town). Thesp, I'm not sure if I understand case against Skruffs.

Yeah :\....
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Guardian »

Oh, last thing: Kscope, in addition to answering if your partner is confirmed town to you -- do you know if you are confirmed town to your partner?

Maybe I'll do a re-read. 36 pages is way too long for a day, though, like I said earlier :\.

Later.
Do not lynch me.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:28 am

Post by hasdgfas »

One comment about the lover role though. The way I've usually seen it, it's been a pro-town with a scum. However, I know that that isn't always the case, I'm just a bit wary of a lover claim. I want to hear the answer to the question of whether each of them are confirmed town. However,
unvote
for now while I think.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Thesp »

Guardian wrote:I'm Samwise Gamgee. I am a tracker. I think me being more confirmed is more important than MBL having a shroud of mystery -- I happened to target him N1, and he didn't target anyone for vig-ing.
MBL, can you confirm?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:46 am

Post by Thok »

Thesp wrote:
Guardian wrote:I'm Samwise Gamgee. I am a tracker. I think me being more confirmed is more important than MBL having a shroud of mystery -- I happened to target him N1, and he didn't target anyone for vig-ing.
MBL, can you confirm?
You realize this is a mostly useless claim in terms of verification purposes.

I'd like to hear the flavor reasons for Samwise Gamgee being a tracker. Unlike most of the other characters we've seen claimed, there doesn't seem that strong a connection between the role name and the function.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Thesp »

Thok wrote:
Thesp wrote:
MBL, can you confirm?
You realize this is a mostly useless claim in terms of verification purposes.
Yes, but an anti-confirmation would be terribly significant.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Skruffs »

Agreed : but then again, we know MBL's role, we know that as a jedi he'd probably use his light sabre to hack someone to death. The only way Guardian can be disproven is if MBL claims a kill and then a doctor outs himself to confirm a protection, as far as i can see. Even if MBL claims akill, it is theoretical that MBL was also roleblocked.

Thesp:
I'm as interested in finding scum as you are. It's very odd to say "I'm not going to say why I'm suspicious of you because you'll become self conscious" - the whole intent of that sentence, it would seem, would be designed to make someone feel self conscious. It sounds, the way you phrased it, like you are hoping someone ELSE will find a reason for you to latch onto, which you can then say "Yeah, that's it, there. *cough*" ... which isns't very fair for me; you appear to be tryign to find collaboration without allowing defense. If you really want to do that, to me, thene fine... I attacked you first so you are allowed to be as tricky as you want towards me. I just hope ou will *Eventually* sit up straight enough to be responsible for what you are trying to do. You're giving me a very oil, car-salesman like vibe right now, I *really* don't like it.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Guardian »

Flavor: I'm a hobbit, no one notices me, I can sneak around easily and follow people.

I can't get much better than that without quoting.
Do not lynch me.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:20 am

Post by Twomz »

I have a question, is everyone a one of from their respective books/movies/w/e? Or are there going to be little knots of people that share the same origin?

unvote
I agree with the doubt that he will live to the endgame with his role, if he is telling the truth.

My gut tells me right now to believe Guardian. So I will
vote: Rosso Carne
for a competing bandwagon. He has posted so little that there is nothing I can really use as evidence beyond what has already been said (hypocrisy on the k-scope wagon).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:45 am

Post by cicero »

Unvote. Vote Rosso Carne

Seein' as how I'm the one who pointed out said hypocrisy, I shall join you for a bit, Mr. Twomz.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Thesp »

Skruffs wrote:Thesp:
I'm as interested in finding scum as you are. It's very odd to say "I'm not going to say why I'm suspicious of you because you'll become self conscious" - the whole intent of that sentence, it would seem, would be designed to make someone feel self conscious. It sounds, the way you phrased it, like you are hoping someone ELSE will find a reason for you to latch onto, which you can then say "Yeah, that's it, there. *cough*" ... which isns't very fair for me; you appear to be tryign to find collaboration without allowing defense. If you really want to do that, to me, thene fine... I attacked you first so you are allowed to be as tricky as you want towards me. I just hope ou will *Eventually* sit up straight enough to be responsible for what you are trying to do. You're giving me a very oil, car-salesman like vibe right now, I *really* don't like it.
Ok.

Unvote: Skruffs, Vote: Rosso Carne.
I don't mind this wagon, and it might need some last-second help to get somewhere. I'd still rather lynch Skruffs and will move my vote back there should traction be necessary.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:54 am

Post by cicero »

Thesp. You dont want to lynch skruffs. That is
bullshi-
malarkey.

It's close to deadline and you aren't making a case, you are playing poker instead. My guess is you don't want to lynch Skruffs at all. You want to give the illusion of activity in a safe area. You're worried about any of the other wagons you've pursued coming up as town and indicting you, so you want to become patron saint of a hopeless case.

That's what it looks like to me anyway from over in the cheap seats.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:57 am

Post by Thesp »

cicero wrote:Thesp. You dont want to lynch skruffs. That is
bullshi-
malarkey.

It's close to deadline and you aren't making a case, you are playing poker instead. My guess is you don't want to lynch Skruffs at all. You want to give the illusion of activity in a safe area. You're worried about any of the other wagons you've pursued coming up as town and indicting you, so you want to become patron saint of a hopeless case.

That's what it looks like to me anyway from over in the cheap seats.
If we can't take care of Skruffs in the next 36 hours (which seems likely), I'll be more than happy to work on him tomorrow. Would you join me? ;)
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:59 am

Post by cicero »

Entirely possibly. All depends on if I actually see a case. On my own or in agreement with you. But right now your press on Skruffs just made you look more like scum to me. knowwuti'msayin'.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”