LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I can't make up my mind. I can't figure out if this is goon natured scum hunting or rampant role fishing.

Well welcome to the game Rigel. I addressed the language thing in 143
LaptopGun wrote:sorry about that. I thought you were abbriviating "killer" to mean Serial Killer. I wasn't even thinkinglike you were that it was a generic catch all for whichever nightkill. My bad.
I also have speculated on this freudian slip thing, but that had petered out, up until recent developments .

Fonz we played twice before, did I miss count with you too? The first time was a newbie game. You led a crusade against a female player on Day one who turned out town. I had decided that the mafia had stoked this, which one did (as it turned ou). On Day 2 both mafia attempted to get you lynched, I defended you with the argument that your behavoir was so scummy that no scum would try it. No person would be so bold. I then almost got one of the mafia lynched, who I had suspected was, but unfortunately I went a little funny in the head and changed my vote. Which means I bought a role claim defense and went after a scummy looking town person (I think it was ChronX). The mafia of TooMuchPete (or whoever replaced him) and aquia night killed me then later ended up winning the game. The seond time we played was you getting replaced into the old New C9.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Have you been reading this thread, Spacecase?
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Oman »

Justin has convinced me (not to mention that arrogant tone that Kabenon used just cries for one of these).
Vote Kabenon

The Fonz: Are you opposed to me? Earlier I stated a thought on mafia theory and you gave a "please explain" and then you (I suppose Jokingly) did it again. Do you disagree with my point of view or think me scum or something?

I am against the connection between Kabenon and vollkan, I myself have versed Vollkan as scum (he shot himself). And he is a DANGEROUS scum player, not only can he hide well, the sheer weight of his words convinces a lot of players.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Spacecase
Spacecase
Goon
Spacecase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by Spacecase »

yes i have been reading, i figured out what you were talking about.
Get Lynched!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by vollkan »

Oman wrote: I myself have versed Vollkan as scum (he shot himself).
And, by shooting myself, I won the game :D

(Stargate SG1 Mafia. Endgame with me - scum but claimed mason, Oman - town busdriver, and DGB - town doc. I knew DGB would protect Oman and I figured Oman would be the type to use his power. Thus, I targeted myself, but it killed DGB)
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by Oman »

I took 40 minutes to make that choice.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:43 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Yes, I've chosen to play as Jdodge this game. You like?
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by Shteven »

Vollkan wrote:The case on Kab is not "mostly just tone" by any means.
That's an error on my part: I had been rewording that sentence a few times. I meant I didn't like Justin's tone in stating it. Looking back that wasn't very clear. I didn't want to lean too heavily on Justin for it, but I ended up basically removing the entire thing.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:11 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

Sorry, folks, as I haven't been on the thread for a few days... Starting tomorrow I should have more time to hop back in.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:15 am

Post by LaptopGun »

farside22 wrote:
@kabenon007:
Anyways either people listen or they don't, but you shouldn't just drop a case with a non response. You should be more aggressive. I wondered if you dropped it because you may have been trying to buss you partner. It seemed an odd play.
FOS LapTop
(you don't have to be wishy .
I just noticed another FOS so I thought I'd address that. I don't attempt to be wishy-washy, it just happens that way. There are also those cases when I try not to step on toes and that ends up robbing me of clarity. I try not to get all hellfire and brimstone until I vote and/or am convinced someone is scummy.

And while I have it quoted, I might as well try to come up with a possible explanation for kabeon's dropping of the wasq thing. I hardly see it as an attempt to bus a partner (hypothetically). Perhaps, and if kabeon wants to he can address this, he was saving the discrepency until he felt he could use or need it. Kind of like an ace in the hole if wasq came back and subsequently acted scummy.

Anyhow I have something else to talk about:
@ Justin, I need a bit of clarification from you. I found your analysis of kabenon reasonable and certainly needs addressing. However I find it's at odds with what you told him previously in post 162 (fyi page 7). You talk about his suspicions of Shteven and specifically talk about the logic of the hypotetical freudian slip. I do not mean to suggest that this is bad analysis. What I want to know is, why does this not appear on your subsequent post explaining a whole host of new problems with kabenon? It seems you relegated it to a throwaway line about k's attacks on shteven. I would think that that only helps your case even more that kabeon never responded to you directly. He attempted to clarify it to others (such as Fonz, Vokan, and Farside when they questioned him) but you have not followed that line of questioning your self. Are you saying that as you put it "Quick thoughts" have been surpassed?

Relevent posts quoted below:
Justin Playfair wrote:Quick thoughts:

Kabenon,

I understand what you’re going for with Shteven, but the problem here is two-fold. First, to have real meaning the kind of slip you’re suggesting here would either have to be part of a pattern of behavior or be far more blatant in thinking of a situation from a scum perspective. Second, in and of itself, Shteven’s statement doesn’t approach the issue from the perspective you’re suggesting it does. I mean, from any reasonable examination of the situation it would seem most likely that Jesse Gunn would have been doctor protected last night.

Given that Shteven, even if he were scum, could not know that Jesse Gunn was protected last night if as scum he killed another target, and given that it would seem a logical assumption for town or scum that Jesse Gunn would be protected for anyone playing regardless of alignment, why would you consider what Shteven said to be particularly indicative of a scummy slip?
Justin Playfair wrote:I was a bit curious about Vollkan’s vote on Kabenon. Having reread the thread to check on Vollkan I find myself now a bit more curious about Kabenon.

Kabenon,

The fact that you have made the following two posts so early in our proceedings is of interest to me:
Kabenon007 wrote:A word of warning Phate, vollkan always gives off town vibes...
And then later, giving an example:
Kabenon007 wrote:I agree that a particular scumtell, or even town tell, cannot be placed on everyone. Take vollkan for instance. His large posts, contentful, appear pro-town. But he also does them when he is scum. I want to wait for a recent vote count before I vote, mostly because I don't have time to check myself. (I'm lazy and busy, sue me!)
All right, so you have warned us twice that Vollkan may be scum however town he may seem. Do you have any reasons for suspecting Vollkan beyond his usually seeming town that would warrant two warnings about him in the first nine pages?

So I guess I have two questions about this.

Who are you waiting on a vote count to vote on? You’ve already voted Shteven, making a rather persistent case against him. Is it Vollkan, which might be suggested by the linkage in the above post, or someone else?

Does your above statement about waiting to vote mean that you no longer believe the vote you already have on Shteven is appropriate?

This post bothers me some:
Kabenon007 wrote:Just expressing my opinion, Shteven. That way, when people ask what it was, I can go back and point to a specific spot and say, Look there it is! Instead of saying "Well, judging from how I worded this post, I felt XXX." Much more concrete, more helpful to the town.
First, because the post you made which you are referring to here is this:
Kabenon007 wrote:I think we should keep the idea that Jesse might be scum in the back of our minds, just as a last thought kind of thing. We can scum hunt without worrying about it too much. If we can't figure it out, we can always go back and examine him thoroughly later.
If you could please explain both how saying that Jesse might be scum or he might not but we can find out later is “concrete”, and how it is “helpful to town”. I understand how it might later be useful to you.

Finally there is this, in response to Farside22 asking you about your suspicions of Wesaq:
Kabenon007 wrote:Why do you want to know?
While it is perfectly appropriate to ask the question you are asking in return, it would also have been appropriate to answer Farside22’s question. In this case it actually would provide something “Much more concrete, more helpful to the town”.

Why did you choose not to answer Farside22’s question?

Anyway, thank you for any answers provided. For now:

Vote: Kabenon007
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 am

Post by -TinVision- »

Fourth Vote Count of Day Two:

kabenon007 - 4 (vollkan, Justin Playfair, farside22, Oman)
Oman - 1 (Phate)
farside22 - 1 (Shteven)
MelodyMan23 - 1 (Rigel)
Rigel (kabenon007)

Not voting - 7 (Jesse Gunn, LaptopGun, MadCrawdad, MelodyMan23, somestrangeflea, Spacecase, The Fonz)

With fifteen alive, it will take eight votes to lynch.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Phate »

Unvote

I'm not sure how I am on the kab case. I think I'd be okay with his lynch eventually, but I'd rather look around at other people first.

@those voting kab: If turns up scum, who are his scumbuddies? If turns up not scum, who?
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
MelodyMan23
MelodyMan23
Townie
MelodyMan23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by MelodyMan23 »

Vote: kabenon007
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by Shteven »

Mind telling us why, MelodyMan?

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by vollkan »

MelodyMan23 wrote: Vote: kabenon007
Newbie pouncing on the largest wagon with no explanation. Hmm...

@MelodyMan: I insist that you explain in detail why you personally think kabenon is worthy of your vote.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

He can't. Not without using the same data that he could just pick up from any of the other posts attacking me.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by vollkan »

Kabenon wrote: He can't. Not without using the same data that he could just pick up from any of the other posts attacking me.
I'm not expecting him to come up with his own completely revolutionary case, but I want a decent summation of why he thinks you are scummy. If he really is casting a proper vote, that shouldn't be difficult to articulate.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by Oman »

kabenon007 wrote:Yes, I've chosen to play as Jdodge this game. You like?
No. Jdodge does it but finds scum as town. You're jsut being a pretentious dick.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:22 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oman wrote:Jus

The Fonz: Are you opposed to me? Earlier I stated a thought on mafia theory and you gave a "please explain" and then you (I suppose Jokingly) did it again.
Jokingly? Hardly. I'm not 'against' you either (Well, unless you're scum, in which case by definition...) The explanation is rather simpler- when I don't understand what someone's saying, or it can be interpreted in more than one way, I ask them what they're actually getting at so I can respond to it.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:37 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Just because I haven't found scum yet doesn't mean I won't, Oman.
MelodyMan23
MelodyMan23
Townie
MelodyMan23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by MelodyMan23 »

Shteven wrote:Mind telling us why, MelodyMan?
No problem. After reading through the topic no one seemed to pop out at me as definate scum, however I knew I had to make a decision so I read through the cases that other people presented in giving out their vote. Justin Playfair's explanation of his vote persuaded me the most so I went with kabenon.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by vollkan »

MelodyMan23 wrote: I knew I had to make a decision
This isn't actually correct. You don't
have
to make a decision. If nobody leaps out to you as scummy, it is not a good idea to just vote someone for the sake of voting.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Phate »

Vote: MelodyMan23

This'll work.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:36 am

Post by Shteven »

MelodyMan23 wrote:
Shteven wrote:Mind telling us why, MelodyMan?
No problem. After reading through the topic no one seemed to pop out at me as definate scum, however I knew I had to make a decision so I read through the cases that other people presented in giving out their vote. Justin Playfair's explanation of his vote persuaded me the most so I went with kabenon.
This is exactly why Justin is so dangerous. He always makes good logical arguments. However, he's not always town. And if he is town, he's not always right. Logical does not mean that it correctly finds scum. Now, I'm by no means positive that he's scum here - I really just don't know. But his case gave me more pause than inspiration. It is 100% true; but it feels like he's eager to lynch. More than I think a town Justin would be.

Again, mostly just a feeling, which is why I wasn't sure if I should state it all upfront. We haven't heard anything more from him since.

LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Shteven I didn't want to bring it up until Justin returned and answered my question, but it's what I've been noticing. Justin hasn't acted like himaself since he "pressured" our resident cop to reveal a scum (and by result himself as cop). I don't know what's up but I miss his posts. He really does a great job with things... but that's the problem. I imagine h'd be a wicked good mafia goon.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”