kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:26 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Vollkan wrote:Preventing reactions - Damn right. I intentionally stopped what I believed to be anti-town. I've had it explained to me, and I accept its legitimacy, but I stand by my actions.
The thing is, even if what was happening was anti-town, the reactions it would have caused still could have provided us with information. And information, however gleaned, is not anti-town.

@Mizzy- What should I have done differently? I did think for myself. That is why I said I agree with JDodge. I didn't just say exactly the same things as JDodge did, I said "Yes, this makes sense." And now I am digging deeper.

@Vollkan- The last time we played, I said something, you attacked me long and hard about it, and then, after a little banter, you backed off. Someone pressed you for backing off suddenly and acting as if it hadn't happened and then you said basically exactly the same thing as this post:
Vollkan wrote:I've argued here, and JDodge showed me that my adamancy was in error. Mini 542, however, demonstrates that I held my bombast objection in the best of faith.
That may be true, but it is way too close for my taste to just let slip by. That one isn't real condemning, but it is definitely not in your favor.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Mizzy »

kabenon007 wrote:@Mizzy- What should I have done differently? I did think for myself. That is why I said I agree with JDodge. I didn't just say exactly the same things as JDodge did, I said "Yes, this makes sense." And now I am digging deeper.
It was a vote out of left field, really, without much comment on things before hand. You also yes-manned JDodge, and while you changed some words around, you basically said the same things that others have been rehashing over and over with no new information or input beyond meta.

If you had spoken up about things first, done some chatting over it, and then decided to vote, I wouldn't have found the vote scummy.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by vollkan »

Kab wrote: The thing is, even if what was happening was anti-town, the reactions it would have caused still could have provided us with information. And information, however gleaned, is not anti-town.
I've already debated this same point at length with JDodge. It might do for you to read over things again, but let me remind you:
I did not believe that any such information would be helpful because I considered it impossible to judge. JDodge has explained how I am wrong on that count, and I've already stated that he showed me in error.
Kabenon wrote: @Vollkan- The last time we played, I said something, you attacked me long and hard about it, and then, after a little banter, you backed off. Someone pressed you for backing off suddenly and acting as if it hadn't happened and then you said basically exactly the same thing as this post:
Ohh of course. So, before I ask you to clarify, you say it is 358 "almost word for word" - but now it turns out that all you are referring to is me accepting someone else's argument in the end. And that's obviously scummy.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Kabenon wrote: @Vollkan- The last time we played, I said something, you attacked me long and hard about it, and then, after a little banter, you backed off. Someone pressed you for backing off suddenly and acting as if it hadn't happened and then you said basically exactly the same thing as this post:
But Volkan isn't acting here like it never happened. He's taking responsibility for his actions and admitting his faults; something I can't see scum doing easily. He's sticking to his guns, too, and his answers haven't changed. Any argument against what he did is going to stink of wine.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Vollkan wrote:Ohh of course. So, before I ask you to clarify, you say it is 358 "almost word for word" - but now it turns out that all you are referring to is me accepting someone else's argument in the end. And that's obviously scummy.
You blow things way out of proportion. I said, you may recall, it isn't that big of a deciding factor for me. It just didn't help. It was like another little rock added to a boulder, or some other such metaphor.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by vollkan »

kabenon007 wrote:
Vollkan wrote:Ohh of course. So, before I ask you to clarify, you say it is 358 "almost word for word" - but now it turns out that all you are referring to is me accepting someone else's argument in the end. And that's obviously scummy.
You blow things way out of proportion. I said, you may recall, it isn't that big of a deciding factor for me. It just didn't help. It was like another little rock added to a boulder, or some other such metaphor.
Let's go back to #245 by you:
Kab wrote: I agree with JDodge on this one. Vote: vollkan. You are in fact dodging questions with your long posts that can seem contentful but shirk around the important stuff sometimes, by preventing reactions. Reactions to the words written on this thread are, in my opinion, the most telling of all the information we have. Okay, so it's not quite THAT important, but it's pretty high up on the list. And your stepping in did in fact hamper those reactions, and therefore the information given to the town.
And plus, you are acting way too close to our first game. It's almost word for word.
I've bolded the comments you make linking this to Newbie 358. Here, you make no mention of the extent to which you suspect me based on Newbie 358. You say my play here matches "almost word for word" my play in a game where I was scum. That's a pretty powerful accusation to be making. And, I am not being facetious and literal-minded about "almost word for word" - without getting into a semantics debate, you strongly suggested a high degree of similarity between this game and Newbie 358.

Now, after I question you on this issue (as well as examining the other points you make) you then explain the reference in this way:
kabenon007 wrote:@Vollkan- The last time we played, I said something, you attacked me long and hard about it, and then, after a little banter, you backed off. Someone pressed you for backing off suddenly and acting as if it hadn't happened and then you said basically exactly the same thing as this post:
Vollkan wrote:I've argued here, and JDodge showed me that my adamancy was in error. Mini 542, however, demonstrates that I held my bombast objection in the best of faith.
That may be true, but it is way too close for my taste to just let slip by. That one isn't real condemning, but it is definitely not in your favor.
In an instant, what was a pretty strong accusation (ie. my play here allegedly being similar to my play in Newbie 358) is shown to be an absolute nullity - that I accepted someone else's argument in the end. The comparison you draw is also odious on a further level because I am nowhere near acting as if nothing had happened or trying to shirk from responsibility.

Also, the fact that you say this factor is just a rock onto a boulder doesn't in any way legitimise it. For one thing, there is no boulder - the point about me being evasive is complete rubbish (my challenge still stands :wink:), and the point about me blocking reactions, whilst a legitimate argument against me, has been presented by you without paying heed to my justifications (which were ultimately proven wrong) for that behaviour.

But, moreover, the comparison point should not even be a "pebble" of an argument because it has no basis. As I have already said, the sole similarity is my acceptance of another's argument (out of interest, could you provide a reference to where in Newbie 358 you are talking about?).
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:16 pm

Post by Oman »

/Appeased.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:43 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Probably not, I probably can't find it, I'm really busy with classes at the moment, however, if I find time to do it, I will try. I'm terrible at digging up old posts though.
Vollkan wrote:In an instant, what was a pretty strong accusation (ie. my play here allegedly being similar to my play in Newbie 358) is shown to be an absolute nullity
The thing is, I didn't mean for it to be a strong accusation, so the fact that you took it to be a strong accusation says to me that it actually has some merit.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by vollkan »

Kabenon wrote: Probably not, I probably can't find it, I'm really busy with classes at the moment, however, if I find time to do it, I will try. I'm terrible at digging up old posts though.
So you were just going by recollection when you drew the accusatory link?
Kabenon wrote: The thing is, I didn't mean for it to be a strong accusation, so the fact that you took it to be a strong accusation says to me that it actually has some merit.
I didn't take it as a strong accusation. As I said in my previous post, the argument you tried to make is so baseless that it ought not even qualify as a "pebble" in a "boulder" (remembering that the case you are pushing is by no means a boulder, as I already stated).

The "strength" of the accusation doesn't determine its legitimacy. You made a crap argument, and I blew it out of the water. Whether or not you intended the argument to be enormously persuasive is irrelevant to my refutation of it.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:00 am

Post by Oman »

Prodding: SirTornado, Primate, Incognito, Adel, NabakovNabakov

All have been prodded. They must post very soon or be replaced.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Adel »

unvote, vote:kabenon007
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:39 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Vollkan wrote:In an instant, what was a
pretty strong accusation
(ie. my play here allegedly being similar to my play in Newbie 358) is shown to be an absolute nullity
Followed closely by...
Vollkan wrote:I didn't take it as a strong accusation
Hm... which one is the truth?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Mizzy »

kabenon007 wrote:
Vollkan wrote:In an instant,
what was
a pretty strong accusation (ie. my play here allegedly being similar to my play in Newbie 358) is shown to be an absolute nullity
Followed closely by...
Vollkan wrote:I didn't take it as a strong accusation
Hm... which one is the truth?
Both of them are. You missed the "what was." As in, you cheapened it.

kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:35 am

Post by kabenon007 »

No, you see, the fact that he called it a strong accusation and said "WAS" as you pointed out, meant that he took it, at one point, to be a strong accusation. As in the past. But then it was downgraded. But at one point he did in fact take it as a strong accusation. Why are you defending vollkan for him?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Incognito »

Picking up prod.

Still like my Adel vote.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Mizzy »

kabenon007 wrote:No, you see, the fact that he called it a strong accusation and said "WAS" as you pointed out, meant that he took it, at one point, to be a strong accusation. As in the past. But then it was downgraded. But at one point he did in fact take it as a strong accusation. Why are you defending vollkan for him?
I'm not defending him, I think you're over-analyzing and I'm attacking you for it. You're acting like you've been backed into a corner and I don't like it.

MAJORFoS: kabenon007

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:16 am

Post by JDodge »

kabenon007 wrote:No, you see, the fact that he called it a strong accusation and said "WAS" as you pointed out, meant that he took it, at one point, to be a strong accusation. As in the past. But then it was downgraded. But at one point he did in fact take it as a strong accusation. Why are you defending vollkan for him?
Then why the hell are you attacking him on supposedly saying two things at the same time when you admit yourself that he said that it was an admission that his past feelings have changed? Isn't that a bit contradictory?
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:26 am

Post by kabenon007 »

Because when I said it, and when he thought it was a strong accusation, it wasn't really all that strong of an accusation that I made, at least in my mind. The fact that he thought it was strong means that it must have struck something with him.

@Mizzy- Yes you sort of attacked me, but it was in the process of defending vollkan's posts. You take a stance on vollkan's posts that is not accusatory, and therefore is defensive of them.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Mizzy »

kabenon007 wrote:@Mizzy- Yes you sort of attacked me, but it was in the process of defending vollkan's posts. You take a stance on vollkan's posts that is not accusatory, and therefore is defensive of them.
Since when is there no neutral ground? Just because I didn't accuse him, it doesn't mean I defended him.

I pointed something out because I wanted to see your reaction to it specifically and rather than wait around and see if anyone else would say something, I did.

kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:49 am

Post by kabenon007 »

What neutral ground can there be when I comes to posts? You either believe them, or you don't.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Phate »

Or you reserve opinion.

"Taking a stand that is not accusatory" != "Defending".

If you continue to believe as you do, then I demand that right now, in your next post, you accurately tell who's scum and who's town. It will be noted later who you were blatantly defending and who you were vehemently accusing.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Yes, you can reserve your opinion, which Mizzy did not do. She put her opinion out there.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Phate »

No, she didn't. She pointed something out to see your reaction.

Also, you failed to tell who's scum and who's town. You must be scum trying to hide your buddies.

Vote: kabenon

I'm really not liking your recent play, kab. I voted you yesterday because I thought you were likely scum, and I'm more sure today than I was yesterday.

Note: I've still got my eye on you, Vollkan.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Phate »

unvote
Vote: kabenon

Fixed.

kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Phate wrote:No, she didn't. She pointed something out to see your reaction.
Yes... and that isn't putting her opinion out there...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”