FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

We shouldn't lynch Tchill today. For starters, if he were scum, he'd probably have realized that Lapsa was confirmed. Or if not, he'd probably have been told she was confirmed by his partners. It's possible he contrived it, or that he's careless/oblivious scum, but both scenarios are unlikely as compared with assuming he's lazy/clueless town.

I also think his vote for Theta means we should lynch Theta first. The reason: If Tchill's scum, I don't think he'd have changed his mind on Theta so fluidly, unless Theta's scum too. Consider Tchill's behavior from each perspective:

If Tchill's scum but Theta town, he'd have known my Theta case was wrong and so he'd probably have doubled-down on his budding FourTrouble scumread rather than supporting my wagon.

If both Tchill and Theta are scum, Tchill would've known I was right about Theta, interpreted the case as stronger than it'd have appeared to a clueless townie, and so voted Theta while also townreading me (i.e. exactly what he did).

So we should lynch Theta before we lynch Tchill.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by Transcend »

What do people have against the letter T
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Yet another reason to lynch Theta: The weight of associative information points to Theta.

I know that some folks think associative information isn't helpful on D1 (i.e. pre-flip) but that's a general guideline, not an absolute rule. In the right circumstances, it's strong evidence of alignment, and this is one of those cases. The logic underlying the tell is straightforward: if X is scum, Y must be scum too. That alone doesn't tell you anything. It's a single connection so it's too weak to have any significance without flips. But, if you extend the logic to, if X, or W, or Z, or Q is scum, Y must be scum too, it increases the likelihood that Y is in fact scum, because the likelihood that there's scum among X/W/Z/Q is greater than the likelihood that there's scum among solely X.

That's what I see happening with Theta. If Tchill's scum, Theta's probably scum too. If WhyMafia's scum, Theta's probably scum too. If Transcend's scum, Theta's probably scum too. I'm not going to say there's a connection for every player but there's enough of them to increase the likelihood that Theta's scum.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

I'm fine with lynching theta. I guess I can see why you're pushing him so hard now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1122, Lapsa wrote:Image

The Pyramid

pharaoh:

egg

viziers:

fourT, pisskop, texcat

priests:

ginngie, mutton, lexa

scribes:

massive, gamma

craftsmen:

whyMafia, lore, tchill, crush

slaves:

penguin, albert

garbage:

pmysterious, platinum, vifam, theta, transcend

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

this (kinda) reveals my reads

more importantly:

provides very specific structure how I believe town should operate

take it for what it is -
Lapsa's trust pyramid
keep it detached from game flow and power roles

it should be most useful for town coordination
In post 1081, Lapsa wrote: when in doubt - just sheep the sum of my townreads and you won't ruin the game
players are sorted by a mixture of trust and subjectively weighted skill level (+ some other considerations)

I trust only 2 highest tiers in complete cooperation to ever modify it.
lower ranking players should sheep higher ranking players unless that hinders proactive scumhunting.
lower ranking players should obey higher ranking players when asked to do so

I believe that "craftsmen" are most susceptible for scum manipulations and might end up in lylo

P.s. watch out for slave revolts
Okay then
While I'll take your ideas into consideration I'm not just gonna bow to any of your high townreads who tries to lead me around
Also why the hell did this never show up in NY199?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1128, FourTrouble wrote:Yet another reason to lynch Theta: The weight of associative information points to Theta.

I know that some folks think associative information isn't helpful on D1 (i.e. pre-flip) but that's a general guideline, not an absolute rule. In the right circumstances, it's strong evidence of alignment, and this is one of those cases. The logic underlying the tell is straightforward: if X is scum, Y must be scum too. That alone doesn't tell you anything. It's a single connection so it's too weak to have any significance without flips. But, if you extend the logic to, if X, or W, or Z, or Q is scum, Y must be scum too, it increases the likelihood that Y is in fact scum, because the likelihood that there's scum among X/W/Z/Q is greater than the likelihood that there's scum among solely X.

That's what I see happening with Theta. If Tchill's scum, Theta's probably scum too. If WhyMafia's scum, Theta's probably scum too. If Transcend's scum, Theta's probably scum too. I'm not going to say there's a connection for every player but there's enough of them to increase the likelihood that Theta's scum.
So a lot lead
to
Theta; does Theta lead to anyone?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Vote Count 1.07

Lore [4]:
MuttonChopMagic, Lexa, Transcend, Gamma Emerald
Tchill13 [3]:
Crush, Egg, massive,
Theta Alpine [3]:
FourTrouble, WhyMafia, Tchill13
Gamma Emerald [3]:
PMysterious, platinum, pisskop
Transcend [3]:
PenguinPower, Lapsa, Ginngie
pisskop [1]:
Theta Alpine,
MuttonChopMagic [1]:
Lore
WhyMafia [1]:
Vifam,
PenguinPower [1]:
texcat
FourTrouble [1]:
Albert B. Rampage,

Not Voting [0]:

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline ends in (expired on 2017-06-13 19:30:00) on
June 13th.

Mod Notes:
Vifam is being replaced.
My laptop charger should be here Tuesday! I may or may not be able to post a vote count tomorrow. I'll try, but I'm unsure if I'll have access to a computer.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 1132, Boonskiies wrote:Tchill13 [4]: Crush, Egg, massive, pisskop
Lore [3]: MuttonChopMagic, Lexa, Transcend
the former is a shit lazy dumb bw

the latter is a wagon of the gods
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@mod I'm voting Lore rn
Also pisskop has two votes in that VC

Fixed
Last edited by Boonskiies on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Egg »

Transcend, regarding tchill I don't think newbie game meta translates to a large when you are using effort as a tell. He even said he was overwhelmed. I don't think he'd lie about that regardless of alignment.

Tchill, you say massive, theta, and crush need more attention but you aren't saying much about them outside of that. You even called massive a null read. If they need attention, shouldn't you get more specific or take a closer look at them?
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 1130, Gamma Emerald wrote: Okay then
While I'll take your ideas into consideration I'm not just gonna bow to any of your high townreads who tries to lead me around
Also why the hell did this never show up in NY199?
I don't expect anyone to blindly follow it - that would be stupid

NY199 sucked. mainly because of Titus
abcedminded
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:17 am

Post by MuttonChopMagic »

hi,
still happy with my vote guise
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:44 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 1122, Lapsa wrote:Image

The Pyramid

pharaoh:

egg

viziers:

fourT, pisskop, texcat

priests:

ginngie, mutton, lexa

scribes:

massive, gamma

craftsmen:

whyMafia, lore, tchill, crush

slaves:

penguin, albert

garbage:

pmysterious, platinum, vifam, theta, transcend

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

this (kinda) reveals my reads

more importantly:

provides very specific structure how I believe town should operate

take it for what it is -
Lapsa's trust pyramid
keep it detached from game flow and power roles

it should be most useful for town coordination
In post 1081, Lapsa wrote: when in doubt - just sheep the sum of my townreads and you won't ruin the game
players are sorted by a mixture of trust and subjectively weighted skill level (+ some other considerations)

I trust only 2 highest tiers in complete cooperation to ever modify it.
lower ranking players should sheep higher ranking players unless that hinders proactive scumhunting.
lower ranking players should obey higher ranking players when asked to do so

I believe that "craftsmen" are most susceptible for scum manipulations and might end up in lylo

P.s. watch out for slave revolts
Of all the things I expected to see in this game, a pyramid was the last thing I expected. Although, I must ask, what exactly does it take to be in the Garbage area of the tier, anyway? Wouldn't you rather place those guys in other categories, since it almost means nothing?
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:55 am

Post by Egg »

I'm asking people for reaFourtrouble's theta case isn't really selling me. Most of his concerns can be chalked up to personality and being lost in a large. I don't see anything from theta worth townreading, but I'm not convinced she's scum either. The one point that is interesting is the whole paying attention to the lynch thing. I'm not sure what to think about that, but it's interesting at least.

Whymafia's reaction to the case on theta interests me more than the case itself. It looks like another "a lot of words" situation where he goes "oh cool" and votes. When asked about it, he seems to have trouble saying what he actually agreed with (see the parenthesis where he second guesses and says he's being hypocritical).
massive wrote:36-Tchill is calling for attention on people instead of actually questioning them himself. Why is he expecting others to do the heavy lifting? Still happy with my vote.
Exactly!
tchill wrote:I'm asking people for reads of others I'm suspicious about and I'm trying to get them to do the heavy lifting? There's reasons I'm already suspicious about you. Asking what others think is a much better way to get something talked about.
Hold up. Now these are scum reads? What happened to this:
tchill wrote:I just said they needed more attention. Never listed my scum reads
?
whymafia wrote:First time playing with him. He's usually like this?
Does it matter? He's the one player whose alignment we don't have to sort.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:58 am

Post by Transcend »

hi,
still happy with my vote guise
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:19 am

Post by massive »

In post 1084, Tchill13 wrote:Massive hasn't attempted to game solve at all.
It sure seems like, for very early in your Mafia career, you certainly have picked up on one pretty good keyword. I wonder how many of the other 19 players you would qualify as "trying to game solve."

I already know you don't think Transcend is trying to game solve thanks to . Why isn't Transcend in the name of players you keep namedropping?
In post 1091, Lore wrote: (side note: tchill, 38: voted on transcend when everyone was voting transcend for his vote on lapsa. if that vote wasn't because lapsa was confirmed town and transcend had voted for him i would be interested to know what it WAS for)
This by the way is an awesome catch.
In post 1126, FourTrouble wrote:We shouldn't lynch Tchill today. For starters, if he were scum, he'd probably have realized that Lapsa was confirmed. Or if not, he'd probably have been told she was confirmed by his partners. It's possible he contrived it, or that he's careless/oblivious scum, but both scenarios are unlikely as compared with assuming he's lazy/clueless town.
Again, I can picture no circumstance under which you have ever been scum on this site. Why does being scum necessitate not realizing Lapsa is confirmed town? In that case everyone who ever voted for Lapsa would be conftown. Why do you believe his partners would pass along that information? WHEN do you believe his partners would have passed that information? Do you have inside knowledge of scum daytalk? Why is careless-town more likely than careless-scum?

===

I am unconvinced on Lore. Theta has 12 posts and should probably be replaced instead. So we need more Tchill votes.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:56 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1141, massive wrote:Again, I can picture no circumstance under which you have ever been scum on this site. Why does being scum necessitate not realizing Lapsa is confirmed town? In that case everyone who ever voted for Lapsa would be conftown. Why do you believe his partners would pass along that information? WHEN do you believe his partners would have passed that information? Do you have inside knowledge of scum daytalk? Why is careless-town more likely than careless-scum?
I've been scum on this site and others.

I'm weighing probabilities. I don't know if scum have daytalk but they usually do, so it's probable they do. If scum have daytalk, it's probable they discussed Lapsa's confirmation. If Tchill's scum, it's less likely he'd have been as careless as he's been, because scum usually aren't as careless as townies. You weigh the probabilities. They suggest Tchill's town.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:59 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1131, Gamma Emerald wrote:So a lot lead to Theta; does Theta lead to anyone?
I dunno. I haven't looked into that yet.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:08 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Lore, why were you townreading Texcat?
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 1138, PMysterious wrote: Although, I must ask, what exactly does it take to be in the Garbage area of the tier, anyway?
playing in a way I can't trust a single bit
In post 1138, PMysterious wrote: Wouldn't you rather place those guys in other categories, since it almost means nothing?
it means fuckton

no - you wouldn't elect complete stranger or biggest crook as a president just to know him

hierarchy is what makes it different from regular reads list
abcedminded
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:21 am

Post by Transcend »

Shoot: Lore

L8z
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 1146, Transcend wrote:
Shoot: Lore

L8z
stop pushing for mislynch, Transcend
abcedminded
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Lapsa »

@pmysterious

you would be decent slave or perhaps even tier higher

but your ISO is shit, you don't appear genuinely clueless and for some reason Transcend enjoys hardcore townreading you
abcedminded
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:32 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 1139, Egg wrote: Whymafia's reaction to the case on theta interests me more than the case itself. It looks like another "a lot of words" situation where he goes "oh cool" and votes.
When asked about it, he seems to have trouble saying what he actually agreed with (see the parenthesis where he second guesses and says he's being hypocritical).
perhaps pisskop's read on whymafia could be useful here.
I suspect that latest interactions might have made him a convert

Theta slot is shit
abcedminded

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”