Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Mgm »

If that is not an ongoing game, you'd better quote/link it.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Remind me which this game was? I believe I have pointed out that scum often use speed as an argument to derail a wagon on a buddy when they can't refute the arguments, yes.

Four votes in under three hours, including three consecutive posts switching to Rosso, from zero before, including at least two by seriously dodgy people, and with little reasoning beyond 'He's lurking' though, rings my scumdar. I see a very strong likelihood of following here, and I'm getting lynch of convenience vibes too.

It also strikes me as somewhat disengenuous how Cicero attacks a player he's voting for the very reason of lurking, for providing 'radio silence since the wagon sprung up' less than 48 hours after it appeared.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Guardian »

Rosso has 7 votes. He is the best chance at a lynch.

If you show up, unvote and vote him.

No lynch day 1 is pretty disastrous :\. I guess if he is a power role, no lynch better, but seriously we need info.

Even Thesp at this point seems like a lost cause. See you guys tomorrow.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh I can't see anyone other than Rosso being lynched here. I probably won't bother coming on in the morning.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I'll check back before I go to bed tonight. I agree No Lynch d1 sucks, but I'm not giving up hope on a Thesp lynch yet.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

The Fonz wrote:Remind me which this game was? I believe I have pointed out that scum often use speed as an argument to derail a wagon on a buddy when they can't refute the arguments, yes.

Four votes in under three hours, including three consecutive posts switching to Rosso, from zero before, including at least two by seriously dodgy people, and with little reasoning beyond 'He's lurking' though, rings my scumdar. I see a very strong likelihood of following here, and I'm getting lynch of convenience vibes too.

It also strikes me as somewhat disengenuous how Cicero attacks a player he's voting for the very reason of lurking, for providing 'radio silence since the wagon sprung up' less than 48 hours after it appeared.
I forget what game it was, probably heroes smalltown? Have we ever played together before?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Thok »

The Fonz wrote:RFour votes in under three hours, including three consecutive posts switching to Rosso, from zero before, including at least two by seriously dodgy people, and with little reasoning beyond 'He's lurking' though, rings my scumdar. I see a very strong likelihood of following here, and I'm getting lynch of convenience vibes too.
It's not just "his lurking", it's also that his last two votes seem really weird. He jumped on the KScope wagon for no reason, and given that was essentially a pure lurker wagon, Rosso's vote seems incredibly hypocritical.

His next vote was for Guardian
after
he claimed (and again, he didn't provide a reason.)

For what it's worth, his only contributions to the thread are a random vote on TSQ, and a never clarified comment about certain Cicero comments being scummy.

I doubt Rosso is scum with Guardian (and I think my disagreement about people's assessment of Thesp has been manifestly clear.) But there's no reason Rosso can't be scum with other people.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by The Fonz »

It wasn't that one... I seem to recall saying it somewhere in NY. In any case, said game is ongoing.

And the 'It's Rosso or nothing' sentiments have showed up right on cue. If you can get four votes on Rosso in three hours and make him the presumptive lynch favourite from a base of no votes whatsoever in that time, there's still time to sell the Thesp lynch.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Thok wrote:
It's not just "his lurking", it's also that his last two votes seem really weird. He jumped on the KScope wagon for no reason, and given that was essentially a pure lurker wagon, Rosso's vote seems incredibly hypocritical.

His next vote was for Guardian
after
he claimed (and again, he didn't provide a reason.)
It's a vote for a player who I don't recall ever being exactly forthcoming on day ones, for not being forthcoming. I don't like it. I will be on an hour before deadline most likely, so I'm hoping for some movement before then.

I'm thinking an RC RC would probably be in the town's interests, if not.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Well you have 8 hours til deadline Fonz...Personnally I think it's heading to no lynch.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

unvote
Vote: Rosso

I wont be available to change my vote if this wagon veers onto someone else like its been doing all weekend.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

My vote aint goin nowhere.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Thesp wrote:
cicero wrote:Thesp - an active player who I've talked about already. Most recently,I've found his 11th hour Skruffs push without reasons to be, as I said, a highly scummy attempt to distance from whatever lynch finally occurs on the chance that it comes up town.
I thought I'd expressed my discomfort with Skruffs on a number of occasions prior. :? Am I wrong?
I think he's calling out that you bread-crumbed discomfort without actually backing it up. So just saying you expressed it doesn't mean anything; again, it's just an argument through repetition. That you planned it ahead of time makes it less respectable, not more, considering the emptiness of it.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I don't like The Fonz. (I mean, I like you as a person, just not in game ^.^)
I see possible Cicero/Thesp connection.

We definitely need more unvotes on non-large wagons and consolidation of those votes into one wagon.

Guardian claimed and seems to still be at as many votes as Thesp is, who didn't claim. Why?
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Unvote, Vote: Rosso Carne

This lynch is better than no lynch.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by Kison »

Hi,

Unvote

Vote : Rosso Carne

I call bullshit on the speed of this wagon looking sketchy. We're closing in on a deadline. What the hell do you expect?!?!?

I'm not ready to off Thesp yet.

Guardian's claim can be tested to an extent.

Rosso sketchy for all reasons I said when I initially voted him/her.

If we go to no-lynch, I'm going to unleash some fury.

Later!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by Guardian »

people, like Fonz and MGM, who are reluctant to make a lynch happen// trying to find a reason not to vote RC and are calling this lynch suspicious should be looked at closely tomorrow, especially if RC is scum. Remember this if I'm dead. Even if RC is town, why do they not want a lynch to happen?

Some players (besides the 4 claimed ones) look obviously town to me but I'm not sure revealing that is a good thing so I won't.

looks like RC lynch is going to happen. Here's to hoping we get lucky and he's lurkerscum.
Do not lynch me.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

unvote, vote Rosso

=_=
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Gods above... My vote goes right back onto Thesp tommorow, but for now I suppose it's time to pray to Olidammara that he's bussing.

Unvote
Vote: Rosso Carne
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Thok »

Just checked in preview and we are 12 votes on RC.
Guardian wrote:people, like Fonz and MGM, who are reluctant to make a lynch happen// trying to find a reason not to vote RC and are calling this lynch suspicious should be looked at closely tomorrow, especially if RC is scum. Remember this if I'm dead. Even if RC is town, why do they not want a lynch to happen?
Because Rosso might be some sort of power role? It's clear that The Fonz and MGM want some sort of lynch to happen; they just happen to prefer a Thesp lynch to a Rosso lynch.
Some players (besides the 4 claimed ones) look obviously town to me but I'm not sure revealing that is a good thing so I won't.
This seems like a pointless comment. I also have no idea why a protown player would want to spit out his list of likely protown players less than 24 hours before a deadline. This feels like an attempt by scumyou to suggest nightkill targets to other scum groups.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Twomz »

I believe that is 12 votes for Rosso. Are we gonna just hammer him, or are we actually gonna wait for a claim and no lynch if it is good (or, wagon someone else, but I dunno how in the heck we'd pull that off).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by Guardian »

Thok wrote:Just checked in preview and we are 12 votes on RC.
Guardian wrote:people, like Fonz and MGM, who are reluctant to make a lynch happen// trying to find a reason not to vote RC and are calling this lynch suspicious should be looked at closely tomorrow, especially if RC is scum. Remember this if I'm dead. Even if RC is town, why do they not want a lynch to happen?
Because Rosso might be some sort of power role? It's clear that The Fonz and MGM want some sort of lynch to happen; they just happen to prefer a Thesp lynch to a Rosso lynch.
I think at the point we are at that wanting a non-Rosso lynch for today is equivalent to wanting no lynch. I disagree entirely that a Thesp lynch is just as viable as a Rosso lynch when Rosso has 3 more votes and we have like 12 hours left or some.

I'll be very sad if Rosso is a power role. Rosso has had every chance to stop his wagon and/or claim if he is a power role, or even townie. He's done *nothing*.
This seems like a pointless comment. I also have no idea why a protown player would want to spit out his list of likely protown players less than 24 hours before a deadline.
Yeah maybe it was pointless. I wrote them out, but thought about it, and I decided it was bad to. So maybe I should have deleted the whole thing. I was paranoid of being dead tomorrow wanted to leave thoughts behind. But with all the suspicion on me and lots of other claimed power roles I guess scum groups wouldn't. And even if I am dead, saying people I think are town just makes them get killed. So that's why I said revealing them is not sure good thing.
This feels like an attempt by scumyou to suggest nightkill targets to other scum groups.
To other scum groups who can read scum-me's mind? o.o It was just me editing my post at 12:30 or what. I don't understand how me not mentioning players makes scums be able to find them.
Do not lynch me.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by Thok »

Guardian wrote:
This feels like an attempt by scumyou to suggest nightkill targets to other scum groups.
To other scum groups who can read scum-me's mind? o.o It was just me editing my post at 12:30 or what. I don't understand how me not mentioning players makes scums be able to find them.
Rolls eyes.

Obviously, in the scenario where you are scum, you're hoping somebody stupid will suggest that you do list your suggested targets, and then you get a chance to present a list of townish looking people which gives other scum groups a chance to take them out for you.

By only suggesting the idea rather than posting a list, you have an appearance of plausible deniability if somebody calls you out for it.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Kison wrote:Hi,

Unvote

Vote : Rosso Carne

I call bullshit on the speed of this wagon looking sketchy. We're closing in on a deadline. What the hell do you expect?!?!?
THere are plenty of issues that have been discussed at length today. Rosso's contribution or lack thereof is not one of them.
Strawman, strawman, strawman! And also an attempt to bully people into supporting your chosen wagon. Oh, anyone who doesn't support this one specific wagon wants a no-lynch! NO WE DON'T. In fact, I specifically said I'd show up an hour before deadline (ie- now, as I have) and that is to ensure the no-lynch doesn't happen.

You built up a wagon based on an admitted premise of 'this is a shot in the dark, but he hasn't said much' and are now pushing it, as predicted, on the grounds that it's the only game in town. Trying to browbeat anyone who dissents, and avoid scrutiny.

I believe there are enough votes to avoid the no-lynch now anyway, but
unvote
to make sure. I won't hammer, even if Rosso showing up and claiming is a somewhat forlorn hope.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:03 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

End of Day 1 Vote Count

Rosso Carne: 12 (Guardian, Twomz, cicero, Thesp, Thok, Claus, Xtoxm, UltimaAvalon, Erg0, Kison, mikeburnfire, Gorrad)

Guardian: 4 (Flameaxe, Iammars, Thestatusquo, Rosso Carne)
Thesp: 1 (Mgm)
mikeburnfire: 1 (JordanA24)

Not voting: 6 (Skruffs, Samruc, MrBuddyLee, hasdgfas, KaleiÐoscøpe, The Fonz)

13 to lynch!

But with 18 players voting, Rosso Carne has a majority of those voting at deadline.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”