FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:14 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1649, PMysterious wrote:Theta was definitely town, and willing to contribute whenever he can.
How is Theta "definitely" town?
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:19 am

Post by PMysterious »

Definitely may not be the best word, but contribution is key in a game of Mafia, and Theta showed a lot of that. Had he stayed, I think he'd be really good at keeping contributions up.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Egg »

In post 1399, MuttonChopMagic wrote:he doesn't have a super low effort scum game
that game egg linked is night and day
You're joking, right? I admit I didn't read very critically, but that ISO felt low effort to me.
lore wrote:well rhyming is fun and lapsa is IC.... one of those lines was a question not a true false statement. but i am not scum which is what i think you were asking about.
This follow up feels overexplain-y and nervous at effectively being asked "are you scum"
Lore
Lore
Goon
Lore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:25 am

Post by Lore »

In post 1652, Egg wrote:
In post 1399, MuttonChopMagic wrote:he doesn't have a super low effort scum game
You're joking, right? I admit I didn't read very critically, but that ISO felt low effort to me.
lore wrote:well rhyming is fun and lapsa is IC.... one of those lines was a question not a true false statement. but i am not scum which is what i think you were asking about.
This follow up feels overexplain-y and nervous at effectively being asked "are you scum"
he asked "is this true" and i explained which parts were true :P
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:27 am

Post by MuttonChopMagic »

In post 1652, Egg wrote:
yea, he wasn't low effort that game though he did lots of bus
my friend was in it and commented on how tryhard he was
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:27 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1651, PMysterious wrote:Definitely may not be the best word, but contribution is key in a game of Mafia, and Theta showed a lot of that. Had he stayed, I think he'd be really good at keeping contributions up.
I don't follow what you're saying. You read through Theta's posts, right? Where'd Theta contribute? How's Theta contributing more than your null reads? Why are Theta's contributions townie?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:28 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Massive, have you made any attempts to sort Mutton?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:34 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1601, PMysterious wrote:Transcend- Null. I haven't played with Trans, but there very well could be a big difference in this style compared to his previous style (from the game that was linked).

PenguinPower- Null. Lurking and full of fluff (very coincidental). This also means there is barely anything that can be used against this Penguin. Definitely not enough fire "power" to see him as scum, or town.

Lore- Null. Ever since the vote count was updated with him near the top, she hasn't said anything, despite being active for 3 days straight. However, she's back now, so I hope to see a lot more of Town out of her than anything.

massive- Null. Has some really strong posts, but follows it up with some posts containing fluff, or useless things.

Gamma Emerald- Null/Scum (I'm saying this because of what was said earlier.)

Tchill13- Null/Town. I see the massive amount of posts, and I understand his point of view rather clearly.

texcat- Null. I can't get a good read out of someone who doesn't post much.

Albert B. Rampage- Null/Scum. Very lurky, and a lot of what is said is fluff.

Egg- Null. Started out strong, but lately started showing less and less signs of activity (and a lot less quality).

Crush- Town. Like me in a lot of ways. I love that he didn't vote for Gamma despite seeing him as Scum, but rather just ask a few questions before trying to cast the vote. That is definitely something Scum would not do in the slightest. Just wish he would post more when he can (which is a fault I have too).
I don't see how you read Theta as more town than your nulls, especially Egg/Lore, since both have made significantly more "contribution" than Theta. Explain, please.

I also don't see how you read Tchill as null/town and Crush town. Both reads are unrealistic.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:49 am

Post by massive »

In post 1644, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 1639, massive wrote:This to me is just the normal hyperbolic over-the-top response that I see from modern Mafiascum players. Trying to make a case out of just this is never going to hold water because I bet at least three of the people you hope to get on this wagon have done this exact thing in their last three games.
The response isn't "normal hyperbolic over-the-top." It's thoughtless, mechanical, and unrealistic, because at that point in the game Egg was by far the most townie player in the game. I doubt Penguin's reads are this thoughtless, mechanical, and unrealistic as town.
In post 1639, massive wrote:You're answering "why would scum-Penguin vote Transcend" and not "why would he sit there and push the wagon, on the weakest of reasons, in most of his admittedly very few posts, with the likelihood that it goes absolutely nowhere, when he would be better served by being flexible with his vote and changing to a wagon that might go someplace."
Why are you interpreting this as a town-tell?
It's throwaway. You and I both agree it's throwaway, we're just seeing different reasons for it. You see it as being purposefully done in a hope to sway someone's opinion. I see it as a junk comment made on a junk read. And it's NAI, not a town tell. Which is why I ask why you think it's scummy, because I don't see it as anything to even include in a read.
In post 1656, FourTrouble wrote:Massive, have you made any attempts to sort Mutton?
I haven't and I doubt I will today, but I feel like Ginngie is town and would defer to her most likely. You also asked about PMyst and I don't need to quote it but will say I think PMyst is OK right now. I like that he is willing to put his opinions out and defend them where they are WILDLY different from the established consensus -- scum would find a way to match thoughts better.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:56 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1658, massive wrote:It's throwaway. You and I both agree it's throwaway, we're just seeing different reasons for it. You see it as being purposefully done in a hope to sway someone's opinion. I see it as a junk comment made on a junk read. And it's NAI, not a town tell. Which is why I ask why you think it's scummy, because I don't see it as anything to even include in a read.
I didn't say the vote on Transcend was scummy. My point is that it's consistent with a scum perspective. Penguin's scumtell is his mechanical response to Egg.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:58 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Massive, have you looked at Tchill's newbie game?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:27 am

Post by massive »

In post 1659, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 1658, massive wrote:It's throwaway. You and I both agree it's throwaway, we're just seeing different reasons for it. You see it as being purposefully done in a hope to sway someone's opinion. I see it as a junk comment made on a junk read. And it's NAI, not a town tell. Which is why I ask why you think it's scummy, because I don't see it as anything to even include in a read.
I didn't say the vote on Transcend was scummy. My point is that it's consistent with a scum perspective. Penguin's scumtell is his mechanical response to Egg.
And my point is that it's not. Town are just as likely to make that statement. You read it as "mechanical" as in it's forced or purposefully contrived. I read it as banter. I see way more examples of the latter in today's players than the former. Let me put it to you this way: Do you see any other examples in Penguin's postings that would indicate he is a scum with a well-thought-out scum gameplan?
In post 1660, FourTrouble wrote:Massive, have you looked at Tchill's newbie game?
I'm not really a "read other games" kinda guy. What would you hope I would gain from this?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:49 am

Post by Lapsa »

@pmysterious do you find #804 to be mostly fluff?
abcedminded
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1634, massive wrote:I'm not sure why scum-Penguin would sit on this Transcend wagon (and push it!) for the same IC-voting stuff from the very beginning. Someone tell me how that serves scum's win condition.
Easy vote bb
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:59 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1661, massive wrote:
In post 1659, FourTrouble wrote:
And my point is that it's not. Town are just as likely to make that statement. You read it as "mechanical" as in it's forced or purposefully contrived. I read it as banter. I see way more examples of the latter in today's players than the former. Let me put it to you this way: Do you see any other examples in Penguin's postings that would indicate he is a scum with a well-thought-out scum gameplan?
In post 1660, FourTrouble wrote:Massive, have you looked at Tchill's newbie game?
I'm not really a "read other games" kinda guy. What would you hope I would gain from this?
Re: Penguin - I'm not saying he's playing with a "well-thought-out scum gameplan" - to the contrary, I'm saying he's playing a "not-thinking-things-through scum game."

Re: Tchill - since he's your top scumread, I'm curious what you'd say about his play there.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1647, PMysterious wrote:
In post 1621, FourTrouble wrote: You love that he didn't vote Gamma despite reading him as scum? What's town about that?
I see that as Town, because that's not a vote on the wagon that could have lead to an early lynch. Had he voted, it could have lead to an early lynch, and not much discussion, which is something Scum want, and not Town.
Um if you read me as scum that would seem scummy since scum like to FOS their buddies while voting elsewhere.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:40 am

Post by massive »

If people aren't thinking their actions through, it's impossible to believe there's a specific motive behind it.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:43 am

Post by massive »

Also, I made it to post #6 I believe in Tchill's completed game before I noted that his initial scum game plan was to kowtow to experienced players and it reminded me how somehow he went from scumreading me for not gamesolving to suddenly townreading me for tunnelling him. Huh.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1666, massive wrote:If people aren't thinking their actions through, it's impossible to believe there's a specific motive behind it.
Is this a response to my last post
<Embrace The Void>

FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:47 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1666, massive wrote:If people aren't thinking their actions through, it's impossible to believe there's a specific motive behind it.
You're missing the forest for the trees. The issue isn't whether there's a motive behind Penguin's response to Egg. The issue is whether the response comes from town or scum. It likely comes from scum because it's mechanical/thoughtless. Townies have some sort of thought process for their reads; scum don't. So, the absence of thought is a scum-tell.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:48 am

Post by FourTrouble »

I'll take another look at Tchill.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:49 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Massive, if Tchill's scum, who do you think the others are? Let's assume there's 5 of 'em for analysis-sake.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:57 am

Post by massive »

In post 1669, FourTrouble wrote:Townies have some sort of thought process for their reads; scum don't.
And RIGHT HERE

IN THIS MOMENT

is where you and I disagree, and it comes down to this one sentence. Expecting townies to "have a thought process" or act otherwise townie ESPECIALLY in the current state of Mafiascum is asking too much. Expecting mafia to not be able to generate an authentic-looking read or act otherwise scummy is the same. If it was this easy there would be no point in playing the game. That's why, to me, the throwaway "so-and-so's partner" is NAI.

And now you may all get off my lawn.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

May I stay? I'd like some more milkshake.
<Embrace The Void>

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:00 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1647, PMysterious wrote:
In post 1621, FourTrouble wrote: You love that he didn't vote Gamma despite reading him as scum? What's town about that?
I see that as Town, because that's not a vote on the wagon that could have lead to an early lynch. Had he voted, it could have lead to an early lynch, and not much discussion, which is something Scum want, and not Town.
Oh.

Ya know, this is a really bad reason to town read someone and I have no idea how you came up with it.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”