Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Mizzy »

TrustGossip wrote:I don't think we'll have two trium claims today.

Simply because it would be (IMO) unlikely that two out of three triums would play despondently enough to warrant themselves as a potential lynch candidate.
But it IS possible that we might find a scummer who decides Miztef's way out looks damned shiny, too.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Elmo »

I think it's likely enough that he's telling the truth.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:53 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Mizzy wrote:
TrustGossip wrote:I don't think we'll have two trium claims today.

Simply because it would be (IMO) unlikely that two out of three triums would play despondently enough to warrant themselves as a potential lynch candidate.
But it IS possible that we might find a scummer who decides Miztef's way out looks damned shiny, too.
But that doesn't make sense.

Rishi managed to throw off any and all heat on his predecessor with his claim and accompanying suggestion.

What's to say a townie claim isn't more apt than triumvirate?

In addition, a triumvirate claim warrants a good deal of night investigation priority while a townie claim does not.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:58 am

Post by skitzer »

SECRET PLAN REVEALED!

OK, someone said it would be a good idea to lynch the player who last posted the longest time ago. So I said I agreed, intending someone to post to avoid lynch like the scummy scum they are.

So I observed, phate seemed to come out first, and as I read through the thread, another suspicion, Cephrir, also jumped out as well.

Vote: Cephrir

This may not make sense to you, but it does to me.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Mizzy »

TrustGossip wrote:But that doesn't make sense.

Rishi managed to throw off any and all heat on his predecessor with his claim and accompanying suggestion.

In addition, a triumvirate claim warrants a good deal of night investigation priority while a townie claim does not.
I didn't say it made sense...I just said it was
possible
. I'm trying to look at all of the outcomes I can see that
might
happen. *Sigh* I'll just STFU.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:07 am

Post by TrustGossip »

skitzer wrote:SECRET PLAN REVEALED!

OK, someone said it would be a good idea to lynch the player who last posted the longest time ago. So I said I agreed, intending someone to post to avoid lynch like the scummy scum they are.

So I observed, phate seemed to come out first, and as I read through the thread, another suspicion, Cephrir, also jumped out as well.

what.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:08 am

Post by TrustGossip »

Mizzy wrote:
TrustGossip wrote:But that doesn't make sense.

I didn't say it made sense...I just said it was
possible
. I'm trying to look at all of the outcomes I can see that
might
happen. *Sigh* I'll just STFU.
Mizzy don't worry. Your level of earnestness earns you townie points in my book. It's just I have some qualms with some of your conclusions. There is no use in being disenheartened.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:09 am

Post by skitzer »

Cephrir had not posted for a while, whoever announced the plan to lynch the person who last posted the longest ago, Cephrir is on Miztef (I think) lurker list, Cephrir soon posts afterwards

Get it?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Elmo »

Mmm. I can certainly see where skitzer is coming from. Personally I'm not sure
b
was caused by
a
, but you can see what he's aiming for.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Rishi »

skitzer wrote:Cephrir had not posted for a while, whoever announced the plan to lynch the person who last posted the longest ago, Cephrir is on Miztef (I think) lurker list, Cephrir soon posts afterwards

Get it?
Cephrir posted because I voted for him and had some suspicions on him.

Or did you miss that?
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Yeah, I totally saw you say that and was like OMG I HAVE TO POST OR SKITZER WILL LYNCH ME!!!11!1

Except not.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

skitzer wrote:Cephrir had not posted for a while, whoever announced the plan to lynch the person who last posted the longest ago, Cephrir is on Miztef (I think) lurker list, Cephrir soon posts afterwards

Get it?
Skitzer, I don't think you're capable of independent thought.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Elmo wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:What Elmo is doing causes people to overanalyze those posts.
I see.

How do you feel we should best scumhunt without being in danger of overanalyzing other people's posts?
It's simple, really. Try analyzing the posts yourself instead of making other people do it. If you see a specific post you think is worth mentioning, analyze it yourself. If you think there are people who are not contributing enough and you want to see some analysis from them, ask them to analyze a specific *person*, or just ask for analysis in general, but don't point them to a specific post and ask them to analyze it, because there is too much possibility of the results being skewed by focusing them on it. To put it to analogy, it's like putting a magnifying glass over an ant on the sidewalk. Sure, people can see the ant through it, but you're also likely to light the ant on fire, too. You could've just told people to look at the bugs in section of the sidewalk, and they would've seen the ant without need for a magnifying glass.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:43 pm

Phate, can you break up your replies into separate quotes next time? I hate it when people put their responses inside someone else's quote. It's really painful to have to do extra formatting of my posts just because you were too lazy to make your posts easier to read.
Phate wrote:
Mizzy wrote:
Phate wrote: Vote: MoS because after a reread, I think I was correct in my initial suspicion of him, and if he turns out to be a townie after all, he will be decreasingly active in his games. I don't really want to be part of an endgame with a lurker.
Scum love lynching lurkers, yes they do! Easy kills.
Yeah, they do like lynching lurkers. That's not actually what I was proposing, though. Read what you're quoting and see what I wrote: 1) I think he's scum and my initial suspicions were correct, and 2) as an afterthought, his potential for being an endgame lurker is icing on his lynch's cake.
I don't have *any* potential for being an endgame lurker. I hate lurkers. The reason I notified everyone of my decreased activity is because I may not post for a couple days at a time without being able to notify you in advance, and I just won't be on the site as often. If we get to a point where I'm so inactive that it will actually affect the game in a negative way, I will ask for replacement so that the game doesn't suffer.
Phate wrote:Asking someone what's up with someone else's post is at least as good as pointing it out yourself. If there's nothing to be found in a post, they'll tell you so - it won't send them on a "wild goose chase".
No, having someone else do your scumhunting for you is not really part of the game. It is a good way, as it was already said, of getting the info out there without catching blame yourself.

Pointing out someone's post and asking someone else what's up with it != having someone else do your scumhunting for you. I honestly can't see that as a viable scumtactic
at all
If you really think that's true, then I can't wait for the day I play a game with you where I'm scum. Heck, anyone who's played with Pooky as scum can tell you that it's a great scumtactic. You have no idea how often entire towns have been snowed by a scum seeming to contribute by asking everyone else to give their opinions on various topics instead of actually contributing his own opinion. It's a great active-lurker tactic, too.
Mizzy wrote:
Phate wrote:Do a recent meta of me. Watch my post count drop sharply in the last few months, then gradually begin to recuperate, with my 'meaty' post located almost exclusively on or near weekends. Things are going on in my life that takes precedence over mafia, but they're coming to an end, and I will have more time soon.
Already did, and what I dislike is that you were busy and yet stayed in the game when you could have been replaced with an active player. You posted just enough to get by, no more, and no less. Real life does come first, but it's not good or okay for busy players to active-lurk and bitch about the length of the game at the same time.
No, that's a bad idea. It's better for a player to have decreased activity if they know it'll get better later on than to have to replace them with an entirely new player. Replacements can kill games almost as much as inactivity can. It's better to have the same players all the way through the game if at all possible. That's why, as a mod, I prod players who haven't posted within the last 3-5 days, and then I replace them *IF* they don't post or notify me of a period of V/LA that they know they will return from.
Mizzy wrote:If you ARE a PR, then get off your ass and act like a townie.
Another thing I disagree with. It's not really a protown player's job to worry about "acting protown". They should be more worried about hunting scum and being correct in their opinions. That's not to say they should be all "fuck the world, I don't care what you think of me", but you can't just tell someone to "act protown", because if they're protown, they're probably already trying to do that. It's an empty statement that is fairly misleading.
Phate wrote:I don't believe him because every single aspect of his play so far has been indicative of scum hunting the triums rather than triums trying to blend in with the townies.

Why the
HELL
would a Trium member advocate a massclaim? Come on, people. I would have believed a vanilla claim out of Miztef much faster than a trium claim. Not too long ago he was talking about how claims are irrelevant - that was because he found it more likely that he was going to get a trium lynched than to be close to lynch himself. Now, naturally, he's changed his mind.

Nothing in Miztef's prior play has suggested trium at all. No breadcrumbs, nothing.

Someone has already mentioned that we can't just go "oh, ok" and meekly unvote every time anyone claims triumvirate. Because, you know, scum lie sometimes.
I don't see why being a Trium member automatically means you'd be unwilling to mass claim. If a strategy was devised where mass claim could help the town, you should support it regardless of your role. If Miztef was convinced that mass claim would help the town, he would support it. I don't think that supporting it is a good enough reason to think that he's not a Trium, but I have to admit, I didn't think Miztef would claim Trium either. I totally had him pegged as a townie in the back of my mind, but then again, what's not to say that he was trying to play like a townie so he wasn't found by scum?

Either way, I don't think we should lynch him today. His defense seems earnest, so I believe his claim.
Permanent V/LA.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by Elmo »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:If you really think that's true, then I can't wait for the day I play a game with you where I'm scum. Heck, anyone who's played with Pooky as scum can tell you that it's a great scumtactic. You have no idea how often entire towns have been snowed by a scum seeming to contribute by asking everyone else to give their opinions on various topics instead of actually contributing his own opinion.
Hm. Would you happen to have a good example or two, from memory?

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:29 am

Not offhand, no.
Permanent V/LA.
TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:50 am

Post by TrustGossip »

You realize that this post looks incredibly advantageous don't you? We're four days from deadline and you post after not posting in a bit with a vote you concede that you came to an independent conclusion upon and do not provide evidence? Mafia is not a game played in a vacuum.

Please explain yourself or I believe I found a comfortable place to stamp my vote upon.
Compcrack

Basically crack.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Mizzy »

TrustGossip wrote:You realize that this post looks incredibly advantageous don't you? We're four days from deadline and you post after not posting in a bit with a vote you concede that you came to an independent conclusion upon and do not provide evidence? Mafia is not a game played in a vacuum.

Please explain yourself or I believe I found a comfortable place to stamp my vote upon.
It also seems interesting that this (skitzer's odd vote) comes after Ceph posted asking why he was being targeted for lurkerish-actions but skitzer was not. That pings my scumdar.

IGMEOY: Skitzer

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Rishi »

Four days to deadline. Who are we lynching? Pointing fingers and speculating are not all that productive right now. I don't like listmaking, but we need to do something.

I would be comfortable with lynching any of the following: Cephrir, Phate, skitzer, Thin_Man, SSF, me (roughly in that order). I am not sure if I believe Miztef's claim or not, but it seems best to avoid his lynch for today.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

Phate or skitzer would be good with me.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:45 am

Rishi, why would you be comfortable with lynching yourself over like, half the game?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:45 am

NVM. Stupid question.
Permanent V/LA.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Partial reading:

Miztef: will not vote against Trium claim today.
MoS: definitely looks pro-town.
TGossip: very worried about the back and forth between Miztef and himself. The adversarial tone feels very contrived.
Beep! Beep!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Mod:
Primate (Thin_Man's main account, I believe) has not picked up prods in another game he is in with me. Thought you ought to know!

TrustGossip
TrustGossip
Goon
TrustGossip
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by TrustGossip »

Beep! Beep! wrote:Partial reading:

Miztef: will not vote against Trium claim today.
MoS: definitely looks pro-town.
TGossip: very worried about the back and forth between Miztef and himself. The adversarial tone feels very contrived.
What? I know this is only a partial reading but I really don't understand what you're saying in your section about me.
Compcrack

Basically crack.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”