Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Gorrad »

A cutlass is indeed a pirate sword. It's those wicked curved blades they're always depicted carrying.

Vote: Thesp
Carryover.

As for the endday scene, Fhwgwgads and I talked last night and figured that the most likely situation is a one-shot protection townie. With the cross-kill pseudo-protection, it's unlikely (although not out of the question) for a one-shot lynch protection to be scum. Next likely is a governor who realised what a stupid, scummy lynch it was. I'd have rather it gone through to help info today, but that's not my choice.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Guardian »

Thok wrote:Question for Guardian: If Xtoxm was really "the person you were most cetain was protown", why didn't you say anything when he was coming under pressure yesterday for his OMGUS vote on me?
1) Hyperbole. Gorrad & Cow were more town to me, as was MBL, as was Scope after claim.

2) He wasn't anywhere near being lynched.

3) We *had* a discussion about how it is bad to post those who I am getting high town vibes from.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:52 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Good morning, and praise the Lord! This brisk morning breeze has left me refreshed and renewed. Let us commence in killing the scum, my children.

vote: Guardian
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:58 am

Post by The Fonz »

Guardian wrote:
Thok wrote:Question for Guardian: If Xtoxm was really "the person you were most cetain was protown", why didn't you say anything when he was coming under pressure yesterday for his OMGUS vote on me?
1) Hyperbole. Gorrad & Cow were more town to me, as was MBL, as was Scope after claim.
Guardian, it's not hyperbole at all, you actually said this:
Guardian wrote:MBL, you had to kill the person I was most sure of as being town? :(.
All of one page ago.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Guardian »

I used hyperbole.
Do not lynch me.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Thok »

Guardian wrote:

2) He wasn't anywhere near being lynched.

3) We *had* a discussion about how it is bad to post those who I am getting high town vibes from.
While Xtoxm wasn't anywhere near being lynched, we did have a known vig alive and Xtoxm was a likely vig candidate the way yesterday ended (moreover, there was a nontrivial chance he could have been today's wagon.) And there's a difference between randomly saying "hey here's a bunch of people I find protown" near a deadline when it can't help and going "Hey stop attacking X. He's likely town for these reasons and attacking him is misguided."
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:59 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oh, I see, I thought you were accusing Thok of hyperbole.

Though i don't honestly see the point in making that post if it's not genuine.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Skruffs »

Also:
This wasn't adressed yesterday, but is there anyone else who would like to 'vouch' for Guardian's Samwise claim? Perhaps Frodo, Bilbo, Gandalf, Sauron, etc?
Anyone from that universe at all?

Stan Laurel - Partner of "Oliver Hardy", Hale and HARDY person, etc...two person team who had a series of moveies involving their encounters with various people n monstes.. i remember the one with a werewolf and the invisible man... anyways...

Bruce Lee - had his own chain of ninja movies, though I doubt that he was ever a secondary character.

Luke Skywalkeer could 'theoretically' be considered a ninja, (I'm not saying he is scum, merely that he fits the theme), but on that line of thought, Han Solo could be considered a Pirate... Guardian's claim suggests that MBL's should have been obi-wan or han solo, etc.

hum.

Fonz : Seems to be acting generaly more helpful than he was as scum in Open 35.
Thesp : Broken.
TheStatusQuo : Useless, but that's standard. He fake claimed a post restriction in my normal mini game once, just for fun, and as an experienced player that kind of broke my 'treat this guy as earnest' meter on him.
Thok : Ambivalent, however, he just called out a HUGE guardian scum tell from Open 19 - remember in Open 19 when you let Aimee get lynched because you were 'too busy' thinking IH was scum to move your vote to Romanus? Yeah, thok just called you out on doing that again.
Erg0 : His mindset, as he displays it anyways, is pretty similar to mine.

Guardian, my comment on thok holds true- that may be a meta on you that you haven't shaken yet. :)
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:08 am

Post by The Fonz »

Skruffs wrote:Also:
This wasn't adressed yesterday, but is there anyone else who would like to 'vouch' for Guardian's Samwise claim? Perhaps Frodo, Bilbo, Gandalf, Sauron, etc?
Apart from mason pairings, where presumably the two have to be from the same universe, i see no reason to think there is necessarily more than one character from each Mythos, nor do think it's fair to claim that we only have 'leading man' characters based on a handful of deaths.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Gorrad »

The Fonz wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Also:
Apart from mason pairings, where presumably the two have to be from the same universe, i see no reason to think there is necessarily more than one character from each Mythos, nor do think it's fair to claim that we only have 'leading man' characters based on a handful of deaths.
Agreed.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

Does it hurt to ask?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:22 am

Post by The Fonz »

Well, yes. Since the more roles that claim, the easier it is for the scum to get away with fakeclaims. Plus, if Gandalf were in the game, there'd be a not-altogether low chance of him being powerrole.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:34 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

@Skruffs: Bruce Lee is
NOT
a Ninja. Never has been, never will be.

That being said, I dont see what the big deal about a claim of Sam, in the context of secondary/main characters, in the sense that, compared to other characters, he isn't really
that
secondary. Tom Bombadil, Treebeard, Wormtongue would be more suspect, but Sam played a larger part than most characters, especially in Return of the King.

Jedi != Ninja.

All in all, I believe this game is focused n pairings. There's the Pirate and Ninja, yes, but I wouldnt be too surprised to see a Chuck Norris or Jet Li to complement Bruce Lee, Obi-Wan or maybe Darth Vader to match Luke, and Frodo for Sam

As it stands, though, I think I'm going to back off of Guardian, for now. Re-reading, I think I'm more in a mindset of I want Guardian to be scum, more than I think he is.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:36 am

Post by The Fonz »

I think it's time Guardian put up or shut up.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Skruffs »

EH.. I mixed 'martial artist' with 'ninja'...
and if chuck norris is not in this game, I will be VERY disappointed...

UA: You're being amazingly unhelpful.. why are you shutting down that line of thought - you seem to think it's more likely guardian really is a power role than that he isn't, and yet you insist that you are probably 'trying' to make him llook like scum... which is it.. .are you suspicious of him or are you confident in him...
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Thesp: 2 (Mgm, Gorrad)
Skruffs: 1 (Thesp)
Guardian: 1 (mikeburnfire)

Not voting: 18 (Skruffs, Rogueben, Twomz, Flameaxe, The Fonz, UltimaAvalon, Claus, JordanA24, Guardian, Erg0, KaleiÐoscøpe, ooba, cicero, Iammars, Kison, Samruc, Thok, Guardian)

12 to lynch!

Deadline will be ~7th March

Under Rule [05], nobody would be lynched at deadline

This vote count includes an error (Guardian's name should not appear twice; MBL's name has been missed out). I have left it as is because the error is subsequently a topic of discussion -- Stoofer
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Guardian »

The Fonz wrote:I think it's time Guardian put up or shut up.
what does this mean?

I made the comment about xyl because of the non-power role claimed dues, he was the one I was most sure of. But obv there are power roles, like gorrad & MBl.

Thok, how am I supposed to think Xyl was a likely vig candidate? You were about the only one finding him suspicious. Why should I intervene in that scenario? How was he a likely wagon target today?

Skruffs, I'm not sure what meta you're finding, I don't get it.

Thok, Fonz, thanks for your thoughts, 3 more needed, and anyone else who can (like Skruffs did).
Do not lynch me.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:58 am

Post by The Fonz »

Guardian wrote:
The Fonz wrote:I think it's time Guardian put up or shut up.
what does this mean?
I either want to hear your result, or that it's not in the town's interests to declare it.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Guardian »

[quote="Mr Stoofer"]
Vote Count

Thesp: 2 (Mgm, Gorrad)
Skruffs: 1 (Thesp)
Guardian: 1 (mikeburnfire)

Not voting: 18 (Skruffs, Rogueben, Twomz, Flameaxe, The Fonz, UltimaAvalon, Claus, JordanA24, Guardian, Erg0, KaleiÐoscøpe, ooba, cicero, Iammars, Kison, Samruc, Thok, Guardian)

12 to lynch!

Deadline will be ~7th March

Under Rule [05], nobody would be lynched at deadline
[/quote]is there a reason MBL has no votes and I have two?
Do not lynch me.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:01 am

Post by The Fonz »

His claim is more solid than yours?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Twomz »

All right, since Guardian isn't gonna post his faked results, I might as well come out with my possibly game changing results.

Hello everyone, my name is Bilbo Baggins, and I have this nifty little sword called Sting, that whenever I get close to a goblin (which bothers me, because it was orcs in LotR) it glows blue. Since Guardian claimed to be my nephews good friend Sam, I decided to have a look... guess what, he wasn't Sam, he was a Goblin.

When the game started I wasn't sure if I should bring out the fact that I was a Goblin finder or not, mainly because I didn't know what to make of the role myself. Since it appears as if the two main scum groups are indeed ninjas and pirates, I'm not exactly sure where goblins fit into the game... but, I do know that Guardian lied about who he was, when there was no real reason for him to (saying he's a goblin who can follow people shouldn't have brought up suspicions against him unless he was a SK or part of a scum group and thought that some people might know that he was scum).

So, in conclusion, Guardian lied about his role when the only real reason for him to do so would have been if he was scum in some way. So
vote: Guardian

BTW, I got a not goblin on Fritz for my first action, I always check him because I usually auto-trust him for being awesome /shrug.

PS: My thought on the goblins is that maybe some of each scum group is a goblin (goblin pirates are believable to me... dunno about goblin ninjas though) or that it's a third scum group, although the kills so far mess with that theory.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Skruffs »

Remember how you were all anti-IH somewhere around day three or four... Romanus (your scum buddy) was the second leading wagon behind Aimee.

You continud voting IH (A non wagon), allowing Aimee to be lynched instead of Romanus, even though you said Aimee was most likely town AND that romanus was your second place scum.

Your reasoning was because IH was 'more scummy' to you, or some such.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:16 am

Post by cicero »

lmao. Pwnd.

Vote Guardian
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Vote: Guardian

This != situation in 68. Sorry.
I think it's time Guardian put up or shut up.
I approve this statement.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Skruffs »

simulpost..

see, UA? SEE?