Mafia 74: Minimally Flavoured - Game over!

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Prodding Xyzzy and Liamcool. Anyone else you guys want me to prod while I'm at it?
I play the games rul gud.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Rishi »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Prodding Xyzzy and Liamcool. Anyone else you guys want me to prod while I'm at it?
I'd like a prod. Sometimes I get lonely when I don't get any private messages.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by liamcool »

Hey. I'll be low activity until next Monday and then no activity until Wednesday. Sorry for the inconvienience.
we cry under the sheltering sky
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:26 am

Post by Skruffs »

"I'm not opposed to theoretical examinations - I am opposed to you assuming that he did something which is scummy in the absence of evidence. "

I am explaining why I think it as objectively as possible. You seem to be asking me for a cop claim, which is the only 'evidence' we are likely to find. That's not gonna happen. Sorry. ^.^
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:41 am

Post by vollkan »

:roll:

You continue to be obtuse about this. The argument you made was that the way Rishi announced his findings was such as to merit suspicion on the basis that it looked like he was trying to seem pro-town. You also suggested that Rishitown finding it was less likely than Rishiscum. I refuted this.

You then went about calling it a "personal scumtell" and I have denounced your appeal to subjective views. You gave objective arguments, I trashed them, and then you appeal to "personal" views.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:23 am

Post by Skruffs »

I started off by saying that Rishi's assertion that it was two scum groups might be from having inside knowledge. He took that into account by throwing out a weak alternative; that the mod 'messed up'. I pointed out that perhaps one of them was a death miller. Apparently you forgot all of this.

I agree that there are two scum groups, IT MAKES SENSE. Rishi's actions struck me. Trash what I say all you want; if I let it get to me, I'm going to stop scum hunting. So thank you for at least being opinionated about my opinions. ^.^

Again, though : What "EVIDENCE" are you looking for?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:31 am

Post by vollkan »

The "mod messing up" is a legitimate possibility. It isn't a "weaker" one.
Skruffs wrote: Again, though : What "EVIDENCE" are you looking for?
Anything that demonstrates why Rishi's actions are more likely to come from scum than town. Even that much will appease me. So far, you've just been asserting that what he said looks scummy, and I've been asserting the contrary. As accuser, the onus is on you.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Rishi »

I feel as though I should get involved in this argument, considering that it's about me.

Why would a "death miller" be called a "mafia goon"? That doesn't make sense. Perhaps Skruffs has inside knowledge of a death miller being in the game? (Okay, ridiculous argument!)

And, for the record, I never suggested that Elias made a mistake. I suggested that perhaps there wasn't a good reason he put the two goons in different colors.

Skruffs - if you are trying to determine my alignment, shouldn't you be asking ME questions? What does vollkan's opinion prove?

In any case, I don't think it's particularly healthy for the game when two players hijack the thread. It quashes all other discussion and, meanwhile, it allows everybody else to lurk.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Bookitty »

It also always makes me think, Wow, really excellent distancing. -makes a note of it-
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Antithesis
Antithesis
Goon
Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Antithesis »

The "mod messing up" is a legitimate possibility. It isn't a "weaker" one.
Elias wrote
Also, the coloring is indeed accurate.
Can we get back to the game now?
"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it."

Thomas Paine
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:21 am

Post by PJ. »

Because Phate has pretty much ridden off into the sunset, as in was posting heavily and now is not. That is a pet peeve of mine. Like I understand a couple days. Like 2 especially from a heavy poster such as phate but his last post was a vote on egruntz 10 days ago(which could very well be due to night but before that He posted on the 2nd and the last time he posted before the 2nd was January 19 which is something like 14 days. On top of his sketchy posting history his vote reeked of him Bussing his scumbuddy(egruntz) That is why I voted Phate.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:26 am

Post by PJ. »

EBWOP: That was me answering Snaps and I thought the Vollkan-Skruffs DEBATE was good. Very good, I think I've soaked up a lot of information from it. I think a 2-player debate is much better then Any ammount of players argueing. As long as the debate doesn't get out of hand, then I think it is healthy for the game but I agree it shouldn't go on for too long allowing everyone to jump on one guy or the other.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Skruffs »

Rishi wrote:Skruffs - if you are trying to determine my alignment, shouldn't you be asking ME questions? What does vollkan's opinion prove?
Is there something wrong with me also trying to determine VOLLKAN'S alignment? Maybe at the same time? I'm only 'one-track hounddog' when I'm sure of myself. Until I have a good lead, I follow several, rustling up new ones as I go.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Phate »

My lack of posting has been due to non-mafia issues. If you'll notice, I post more heavily on the weekends than during weekdays. This is no coincidence.

I think that the multiple colors probably denote multiple scumgroups. I can't think of a good reason for the mod to post different colours for each mafia member.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by PJ. »

Thank you phate for that gem,
Unvote, Vote:Phate
You should have more to say then that if you only post on weekends.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:35 pm

Xyzzy has not picked up his prod, but upon consulting the V/LA, I discovered that he is having trouble dealing with weather-induced house problems.

OhGodMyLife has been prodded.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Bookitty »

If there truly are two scum groups, then looking at how people interacted with Xyl and Egruntz won't be all that helpful. It also seems really strange, considering their behaviour looked exactly like distancing to me.

For now, I'm going to

unvote; vote OhGodMyLife
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:34 am

Post by vollkan »

Bookitty wrote: If there truly are two scum groups, then looking at how people interacted with Xyl and Egruntz won't be all that helpful. It also seems really strange, considering their behaviour looked exactly like distancing to me.
I do agree that it's bizarre. I mean, my distancing analysis worked in catching scum just fine - except if there are two scum groups (which Elias's confirmation of the colours being deliberate would strongly suggest) the scum weren't actually distancing :D

I'm still going to go back over the interactions. Distancing tells are still distancing tells even if there are two scum groups.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:46 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Bookitty wrote: For now, I'm going to

unvote; vote OhGodMyLife
...why? A reason would be helpful if I'm going to say anything in my own defense.

Same goes for Rishi. You voted me yesterday saying you'd come back and give a better explanation later, but never did. All you said at the time was that Fonz and CKD had been on my case. Yes they're both confirmed town, but did you at least take the time to go see that Fonz's reason for voting me was for attacking xyl of all people, who is now confirmed scum? Could you find your own reason for voting instead of latching onto the confirmed townie's misguided reason?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Skruffs »

ZING!!!!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Bookitty »

OhGodMyLife:
OhGodMyLife wrote:QFT. I imagine egruntz is trying to use his mind and his vote to help the town in the way he thinks is best. It just so happens he has a different view of how day one should go down from the majority here.
OhGodMyLife wrote:Xylthixlm, you've been making me uneasy lately. Could just be your playstyle, but I'd like to hear more out of you that just one liners, and you've been way too focused on the way that snaps has been writing rather than whats actually going on in the game. Also this:
Xylthixlm wrote:Sufficiently bad idiots can be antitown without being scum.
really struck me the wrong way. Lets leave the stupid people alone and go after the scummy people, shall we?
(followed by a vote on Xylthixlm)
OhGodMyLife wrote:OK, Xyl, you've more than reassured me, so thank you for addressing that. The biggest reason for my vote was because I think the DS bandwagon and constant talk of egruntz' no-lynch theory were consuming too much of the town's attention and I wanted to get people to look elsewhere.
These posts in particular seem to be trying to divert attention away from egruntz. Additionally, in the last one, you did the thing that made me suspicious of Xylthixlm in the first place, which is to make a very strong attack and then just abandon it and pronounce yourself "reassured".
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:08 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Bookitty, I didn't consider my attack against xyl particularly strong at the time, which is why I was persuaded so quickly to unvote. Fonz's quick defense of him also made me vacillate, because I was getting a pro-town vibe from him regardless of his coming after me. Nobody else seemed to feel suspicious of xyl at all, but I was trying to bring up a topic of discussion aside from DS and egruntz, as I said in the post you quoted. Obviously I failed on that note, as DS/eteo ended up getting lynched anyway. Yeah it looks bad that egruntz did turn out to be newbscum trying to get us to no-lynch, but I honestly just bought the argument that it was just people trying to lynch a newb for newbtells instead of real scum tells.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Rishi »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
Bookitty wrote: For now, I'm going to

unvote; vote OhGodMyLife
...why? A reason would be helpful if I'm going to say anything in my own defense.

Same goes for Rishi. You voted me yesterday saying you'd come back and give a better explanation later, but never did. All you said at the time was that Fonz and CKD had been on my case. Yes they're both confirmed town, but did you at least take the time to go see that Fonz's reason for voting me was for attacking xyl of all people, who is now confirmed scum? Could you find your own reason for voting instead of latching onto the confirmed townie's misguided reason?
Yesterday, I didn't have time to come back and post reasons for your lynch. It was mostly based on the fact that you've been semi lurking, and not giving much analysis on anything. A lot of posts with very little actual content is usually a red flag for me.

Yesterday's lynch developed very fast.

But you'll notice that I'm not voting you at the moment. Need to think about this. No one is jumping out at me as a scum suspect.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:27 pm

The Official Hyperactive Mod Flavorless Votecount:

Xyzzy - 1
(Snaps the pirate)
Rishi - 1
(skruffs)
OhGodMyLife - 1
(Bookitty)
Phate - 1
(panzerjager)
Antithesis - 0

Bookitty - 0

liamcool - 0

Snaps the pirate - 0

panzerjager - 0

Hasdgfas - 0

Skruffs - 0

Vollkan - 0

Nobody - 9
(Antithesis, Vollkan, Phate, hasdgfas, Xyzzy, liamcool, OhGodMyLife, Rishi)

With
alive, it will take
to lynch.

Deadline will be
Sunday, March 9th, at 10 PM EST.

Snaps_the_Pirate
Snaps_the_Pirate
Goon
Snaps_the_Pirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Snaps_the_Pirate »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Xyzzy has not picked up his prod, but upon consulting the V/LA, I discovered that he is having trouble dealing with weather-induced house problems.
Well, I can cut some slack to someone having RL problems. I was voteing for him to get a response.
Unvote : Xyzzy

Of course, this doesn't let him of the hook. I expect to see more and better posts from him once he has his problems taken care of.

Another player I have noticed lurking is Liamcool. He hasn't posted much of either quantity or quality.
Vote : Liamcool

Of the other players who have votes against them, Rishi, OhGodMyLife, and Phate, none of them seem particularly scummy to me. Perhaps those who have cast votes could elaborate on their arguments?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”