Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Talitha »

Yay, Slay!

Well my vote on Farside is very lonely, very very lonely, and only 36 hours to deadline. It's the weekend here now and I will be hanging around and reconsidering my vote also.

MeMe: Vote-vote+vote-vote=flirting with voting, IMO. I realise you have given reasons. I wanted to make a small note of it in case one of you comes up as scum.

But thanks for aknowledging the card/link thing and giving your opinion.
MeMe wrote:if you don't have a feel one way or another on a player, why mention it?
What should I do when I don't have a feel? (rhetorical)
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by tyhess »

Sarcastro wrote:You know the funny bit, RW? The funny bit is that it always seems to be the people who, y'know, aren't very good at mafia who criticise my playstyle. I don't understand why I'm a distraction. It seems to me that the only people who are getting distracted are the people who are too stupid to realise that you don't have to take every single thing I say seriously. You're the one who just spent three posts not on, y'know, saying anything game relevant, but just criticising my play and saying that you hope the mafia kill me. Yeah, very productive, and not at all distracting. Don't you have better things to do? Like, say, find the scum? That's what I've been trying to do, and yet it somehow "distracts" you. What distracts you? The fact that I kept insisting Farside was scum? Well, yeah, that's because
I thought she was scum

Please don't blame me when you get yourselves all worked up because you don't like the way I phrase my suspicions or some bullshit. That doesn't change the fact that
I am contributing to the game and you are not
. You're sitting around insulting me for no reason just because, what, I defend myself against Farside's idiotic accusations too sarcastically? Boo-fucking-hoo. Grow up and play. You're the ones goddamn derailing the game by getting all worked up and whining. I don't give a shit if you don't like me - I don't like any of you very much, and yet I seem to get by just fine.

I wish I could point out how scummy it is that all of you are trying to focus on complaining about me instead of actually contributing, but sadly I know that it's not much of a scumtell, because you don't know any better. But here's a quick lesson for you: don't fucking whine about how you don't like someone's playstyle. Just play. Battle Mage used to annoy the hell out of me, and we got in some pretty big arguments, too. But we didn't derail entire games by talking about unrelated issues. If you want to criticise me for not providing enough evidence, fine (of course, ignoring the post where I summarise why I think Farside is scum probably isn't a good idea if you're going to do that), but don't bring entirely separate issues of playstyle in unless you're going to
explain why my playstyle makes me scum
. Given that I can show you plenty of game in which I act the same way as town, that's probably not a good strategy.
It's distracting because you never post any relevant info other than "your scum!!!" and you don't back anything up.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by JDGA »

Gah!!! Sorry Guys!

*JDGA points at sig >_>

Unfortunately, I kinda can't keep up with the game, so you might as well replace me :(
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:19 am

Post by Thesp »

Beep! Beep! replaces JDGA, effective immediately.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

please wagon AlKo already.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

*stretches from loong nap* Any lasagna left guys?
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:59 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

*passes over the Lasagna*
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Since I am looking at being deadline lynched, time is short, and self-preservation an issue. Therefore I will prioritize analysis the following players:

Monkey, al_kohaulec, and Sarcastro

Only because they each have two votes.

Please give me a few hours for each.
Beep! Beep!
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

Currently up to page 28, I am.. and this just popped out at me.
Iammars wrote:Whenever Pooky starts to make plans, he becomes more and more protown.
I'd be disinclined to think that myself, only because of a particular game at Thespival where he began leading the town to his own scum win. So I'm not sure that's an indication either way.
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ameliaslay wrote:Currently up to page 28, I am.. and this just popped out at me.
Iammars wrote:Whenever Pooky starts to make plans, he becomes more and more protown.
I'd be disinclined to think that myself, only because of a particular game at Thespival where he began leading the town to his own scum win. So I'm not sure that's an indication either way.
Indeed.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

ANALYSIS:

Monkey

Lurking and non-committal, overall. Nothing jumps at me. Therefore, Mastermind's vote, and Sarcastro's votes are suspicious, like they are hiding behind a dark horse rather than compromising themselves on the lead wagon, which would be me.

al_kohalek

Very active, positive contribution. Seems even more pro-town than Monkey. So I have to wonder why Battle Mage and curiouskarmadog are voting for him, and these two are suspicious for the same reason Mastermind and Sarcastro are voting for Monkey.

Sarcastro

In contrast to the other two players, Sarcastro is all over the place, and strikes me, alternately, as manipulative, stochastic, buddying, etc. Since his Monkey vote is suspicious, I will vote for Sarcastro.

vote: Sarcastro
Beep! Beep!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Talitha »

Beep!x2 wrote:Therefore I will prioritize analysis the following players:

Monkey, al_kohaulec, and Sarcastro
I hate to let QuickBen and JDGA scamper away under pressure, but to be fair to the replacements I agree with prioritizing these three at this late stage in the day. I think we should all vote for one of them.

I am tossing up between voting for Alko & Monkey... quick guys, convince me that I don't want to vote for you and I'll vote for the other guy.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Sarcastro »

tyhess wrote:It's distracting because you never post any relevant info other than "your scum!!!" and you don't back anything up.
Tyhess, you can keep on saying it, but that doesn't make it true. I made it very clear why I thought Farside was scum up until the whole picture thing. There was Pooky's original reason, there was what looked like a bussing attempt, there was the doctor claim (with no result until we asked for one), and there was the way she kept trying to throw suspicion onto someone else. There was also, of course, that general gut feeling I got while reading her posts, but I've learned that most people think for some reason that having a gut feeling about someone is scummy.

I've stated this before, Tyhess. And yet you just ignore me and keep saying that I don't have any reasoning. Yes, I do frequently make statements that people are scum without stating my reasoning, but almost always because I've already done so or because I will in the near future. Do you require me to summarise my reasons for voting for someone every time I say or imply that they're scum? I'm just trying to understand what's so distracting here.

I strongly disagree with "prioritising" me, because I'm quite obviously not scum. Monkey is clearly today's lynch.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:12 am

Post by tyhess »

Sarcastro wrote:
tyhess wrote:
I've stated this before, Tyhess. And yet you just ignore me and keep saying that I don't have any reasoning. Yes, I do frequently make statements that people are scum without stating my reasoning, but almost always because I've already done so or because I will in the near future. Do you require me to summarise my reasons for voting for someone every time I say or imply that they're scum? I'm just trying to understand what's so distracting here.

I strongly disagree with "prioritising" me, because I'm quite obviously not scum. Monkey is clearly today's lynch.
Yes, I do, if you keep screaming at us and implying we're dumb for not going along on you and following you like a cult leader. Your last sentence is case in point.

Does anyone have a problem with me recruiting Sarcastro tonight? I would like everyone's opinion on that.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Talitha »

I'd prefer you recruit someone who isn't voting. Like Iammars.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Sarcastro »

When did I scream at you? When did I imply that you're dumb for not going along with me? I mean, yeah, obviously I think you
should
go along with me, but I don't
expect
everyone to.

What's wrong with saying that I'm clearly not scum? I've refuted the rather illogical allegations against me, so I'm not really sure why anyone would consider me a legitimate lynchee.

And yes, I have a problem with you recruiting me, because it's
blatantly anti-town
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I oppose you recruiting Sarc. I don't see any reason for it.

Either you think Sarc is town, and whether or not we agree with his opinion, he should be able to voice it, or you think he is scum, and we should be lynching him, not toying with his vote.

Do not recruit Sarc.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by tyhess »

Ok....just checking....
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by Iammars »

Ameliaslay wrote:Currently up to page 28, I am.. and this just popped out at me.
But did he come up with a detailed plan for the win, or did he just generally lead the town?

@Talitha: Yeah, I know. But just because I didn't find anyone scummy and I wasn't able to post for a week doesn't mean I should necessarily lose my vote.

Now, if we needed to prove something with tyhess, then I would volunteer to test since I haven't been voting much this game, but I don't see the purpose right now.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Beep-Beep, I think a claim might be in order? It's getting very close.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Holy »

Unvote. Vote: Monkey.

Concerning farside, I prefer giving her one more chance to convince us of her innocence after we lynch Monkey.

tyhess wrote:Does anyone have a problem with me recruiting Sarcastro tonight? I would like everyone's opinion on that.
I'm opposing this. He's voting and contributing, we're able to see his pattern to analyze whether he's scum or not.

Talitha wrote:I'd prefer you recruit someone who isn't voting. Like Iammars.
I can see with your point about Iammars for the candidate, that's why I'm really curious for farside's choosy PBPA, she said that I and also MeMe aren't contributing, i.e. lurking but said nothing about Iammars, which I think is the one who actually kind of lurking.
But I oppose any recruit this soon, it isn't helping us much IMHO.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by Talitha »

unvote:farside

I want to retract my comment about prioritising certain players as I'm now taking into consideration the fact that a lynch is assured today.

I really want to vote for Iammars, but this jester thing is doing my nut in.

Help?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:33 pm

Post by Talitha »

OK time to man-up, I guess. If the jester pulls out a win, then good for them. Sitting back being too afraid to lynch anyone is not going to help the town. Besides, a lynch is assured anyway.

Also, the more people we have tied for the lead the greater the chance the jester can vote for him/herself at deadline and win.

After going over wolfcrier's posts, I got the feeling he was genuinely annoyed at being voted. (Feeling better about him not being jester). Beep Beep seems more suspicious of the people who are voting for the players who aren't her than she is of the players who are voting for her. This doesn't seem naturally town-like to me.

vote: Beep! Beep!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:02 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote Beep Beep
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:49 am

Post by Holy »

Hm, I really thought wolfcrier's posts were so jester-like though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”