Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Skruffs »

shouldn't hasdgfas be colored orange, then?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:47 am

Post by ooba »

[quote="Skruffs"]shouldn't hasdgfas be colored orange, then?[/quote]
Umm , you're right - I do not know what the colouring is about then. Just noticed statusquo isn't green in everything too

[quote="MrBuddyLee"]KaleiÐoscøpe: 5 (Fritzler,
Thesp
Twomz
cicero
, Thestatusquo)
KaleiÐoscøpe: 9 (Fritzler,
Thesp
Twomz
cicero
, Thestatusquo,
Claus
, MrBuddyLee, hasdgfas,
Rosso Carne
)
KaleiÐoscøpe: 8 (Fritzler,
Thesp
Twomz
cicero
, Thestatusquo,
Claus
, hasdgfas,
Rosso Carne
)
KaleiÐoscøpe: 8 (
Thesp
Twomz
cicero
Thestatusquo
Claus
, hasdgfas,
Rosso Carne
, Guardian)
KaleiÐoscøpe: 8 (
Thesp
Twomz
cicero
Claus
, hasdgfas,
Rosso Carne
, Guardian, mikeburnfire)
KaleiÐoscøpe: 9 (
Thesp
Twomz
cicero
Claus
, hasdgfas,
Rosso Carne
, Guardian, mikeburnfire, Xtoxm)

Ninjas would be on kscope yesterday like Star Jones on a t-bone. In early, and not letting go til it's in da belly.

In other news, our Ninja Finder appeared to be on Thesp like flies on shinola.

unvote, vote: Thesp
[/quote]

I looked over the kills again and your 'ninja would have voted for kscope' logic is flawed. Here's the list of the kills:

Pirate
1.DrippingGoofball - Jack Aubrey (Pirate Finder)
forced to walk the plank

2.hasdgfas - Stan Laurel (Mason) -
Cutlassed
Night 2
3.Mgm - Sonny Chiba (Ninja Finder) -
keelhauled
Night 3

Goblin
1.MrBuddyLee - Luke Skywalker (Vig) - throat slit and
beaten to death

2.??? (Ergo ???)
3.Thok - Gandalf (Goblin Protector) - arm cleanly sliced off and
skulled bashed

Ninja
1.MrBuddyLee - Luke Skywalker (Vig) -
throat slit
and beaten to death
2.KScope
3.KScope

So the ninja's would not have known on Day 1 that KScope was Scum since they targetted him only from night 2 onwards.

Will read Mgm's posts again though
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Twomz »

I'm assuming that Thok's ability was a bodyguard ability and that the last Goblin targeted me.

I know that Skruffs is not a goblin /shrug. Since I'm probably dead tonight, that'll be the last of the "finders" alive. I suppose I can understand the last goblin taking his survival as more important than killing scum, but w/e.

So, we kill Ergo today... and maybe Thesp? Regardless, there is no secret information from the scum right now, the ninja's missing kill was Kscope, and the Goblins we know is most likely Ergo.

So I'll
vote: Ergo
. And I'll see what I can do about the other stuff later.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Thesp: 3 (Gorrad, MrBuddyLee, Rogueben)
Erg0: 2 (Claus, Twomz)

Not voting: 13 (Skruffs, JordanA24, Iammars, Kison, Samruc, mikeburnfire, cicero, Flameaxe, Erg0, UltimaAvalon, ooba, The Fonz, Thesp)

10 to lynch!

Deadline will be ~10th March

As things stand, Thesp would be lynched at deadline.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:29 am

Post by ooba »

thok wrote:The Fonz and Erg0 both seem protown for me, although a lot of that is from the fairly consistent play I see from both of them
I'm pretty certain Guardian was telling the truth yesterday about Erg0. But i can see a thok protector choosing to protect Erg0 on Night 2 - the kill would have failed even then. I do think it would better for both the town and the goblin scum if he just targets Erg0 (again?)

Thesp is a much better lynch - MGM seems to keep going after him again and again in his posts.

Vote : Thesp

Thok - Gandalf (Goblin Protector) - arm cleanly sliced off and
skulled bashed

What does everyone think about this? Guardian's hammer post paints thok as scum (although the part about role information is hardly believable). Why would the goblin target him? There are 2 reasons i can think of :

1) The Goblin isn't paying attention
2) The Goblin killed thok to make the others mentioned by Guardian 'look like they are in the clear'
The others mentioned by Guardian were : tsq,Fonz apart from Erg0,thok and myself. Of course , we soon move into Wifom territory here but still something to think about.

And i've also noticed that we've started to talk about the lone goblin or the last goblin (including myself) - All we have to back that up is the word of a dying scum for whom lying about the size about his group is in his best interests. (This has happened in the NoXKill i played in - one scum was outed and he continuously kept claiming 2 scum in his group while there were actually 3)
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:43 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ooba wrote:And i've also noticed that we've started to talk about the lone goblin or the last goblin (including myself) - All we have to back that up is the word of a dying scum for whom lying about the size about his group is in his best interests. (This has happened in the NoXKill i played in - one scum was outed and he continuously kept claiming 2 scum in his group while there were actually 3)
If, as the 3rd goblin, you'd like to no-kill for the next few nights to conceal your presence, that'd be just fine with the rest of us.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Twomz »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
ooba wrote:And i've also noticed that we've started to talk about the lone goblin or the last goblin (including myself) - All we have to back that up is the word of a dying scum for whom lying about the size about his group is in his best interests. (This has happened in the NoXKill i played in - one scum was outed and he continuously kept claiming 2 scum in his group while there were actually 3)
If, as the 3rd goblin, you'd like to no-kill for the next few nights to conceal your presence, that'd be just fine with the rest of us.
Agreed.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Skruffs »

We interrupt this program for a brief message for our sponsors:

AWESOME GAME MR STOOFER

and now back to your regularly scheduled program.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:51 am

Post by The Fonz »

ooba wrote:
I'm pretty certain Guardian was telling the truth yesterday about Erg0. But i can see a thok protector choosing to protect Erg0 on Night 2 - the kill would have failed even then. I do think it would better for both the town and the goblin scum if he just targets Erg0 (again?)

Thesp is a much better lynch - MGM seems to keep going after him again and again in his posts.
Right, let's get this straight. You're 'pretty certain' Guardian was truthful about Erg0. Given that what Guardian said about Erg0 implies he's 100% scum, that means you're 'pretty certain' Erg0 is scum. How is ANYONE a 'much better' lynch than someone you are pretty certain is scum?

Personally, I'm vacillating on Guardian/Erg0. It makes sense for guardian to finger a non-buddy as scum whether or not it's actually true. But the whole 'Moses coming down from the mountain' schtick Guardian seemed to be pulling at the beginning of yesterday makes me think he was planning to announce an incriminating result, which makes me think Erg0scum is more likely.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:37 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I would like to quickly add that I trust Guardian's statement about there being only one other redcoat 0%.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Skruffs »

cicero wrote:I can think of at least one reason why scum would know who else is scum though...

Beautiful house of cards element to this game.
I'm pretty sure that Erg0 is a good lynch.
I also am down on a Thesp lynch; even more so than Erg0; the quiet cop fingering is enough to justify it to me. IE I don't have to feel like I'm just saying he's scum just because he's been voting me since the beginning of day one.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Erg0 »

Skruffs wrote:This is a lot to process, but it looks like the scum are starting to lose their immunities to each other (yay).

I think mbl was in error to think that the goblin(s), or any scum, would target erg0; erg0 is the 'obvious' lynch choice today.

Big finger of suspicion on gorrad there:
guardian had no reason to lie about erg0
, and it seems the 'thok hate' was 'justified', thok must have indicated he knew goblins were scum in some way.
I find this, particularly the bolded part, very presumptuous. Guardian had plenty of reason to lie about Thok. Why would you automatically assume that my situation is different? Have you even really thought about it?

Frankly, the lot of you are seriously lacking in imagination. I find it very disappointing that you're not even trying to think outside the box here.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Twomz »

Since there is limited cross killing, 3 groups of 3 is plausible... but still kinda a fast game huh (with 4 kill attempts each night til MBL or a scum group is gone).

But, taking into account the way the cops that have been revealed so far work, there shouldn't be any Godfathers... and nothing has really pointed out a roleblocker or daykilling scum. So, if we have 3 groups of 3 goons that can crosskill after one shot, then that seems fair. Or there could be 2 groups of 3 goons and a group of a goon and a guy with an ability. 2 goons and a guy with an ability... I dunno about that... but if it's true than it's very possible it's still 3 groups of 3.

Either way, I think there is more evidence of a Ergo scum than of Thesp scum. But there is still evidence of a Thesp scummage. It would be nice to drop off a scum group this early in the game (hint hint).
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Erg0 »

The Fonz wrote:Personally, I'm vacillating on Guardian/Erg0. It makes sense for guardian to finger a non-buddy as scum whether or not it's actually true. But the whole 'Moses coming down from the mountain' schtick Guardian seemed to be pulling at the beginning of yesterday makes me think he was planning to announce an incriminating result, which makes me think Erg0scum is more likely.
I'll note that the "incriminating result" was based on something that Guardian had absolutely no way of knowing. Even if he'd found out I was scum, there would only have been a 50% chance that his claimed result would be correct.
V/LA most weekends.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Twomz »

Erg0 wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Personally, I'm vacillating on Guardian/Erg0. It makes sense for guardian to finger a non-buddy as scum whether or not it's actually true. But the whole 'Moses coming down from the mountain' schtick Guardian seemed to be pulling at the beginning of yesterday makes me think he was planning to announce an incriminating result, which makes me think Erg0scum is more likely.
I'll note that the "incriminating result" was based on something that Guardian had absolutely no way of knowing. Even if he'd found out I was scum, there would only have been a 50% chance that his claimed result would be correct.
What 50% chance? And do you agree that the best plan of action for Guardian would be to give out as much information on other scum groups as possible to help take pressure off his buddy(ies)?
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Erg0 »

1. There would only be a 50% chance of him guessing the right scumgroup (pirates) if he had information based on goblin kills.

2. You're assuming that he has the information to give out in the first place.
V/LA most weekends.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Skruffs »

THe reason for Guardian's hate on you vs his hate on Thok is completely different - He hadn't claimed to have targetted Thok. His reveal on you could very well, and most likely WAS (Knowing guardian) a "I'm taking you down with me" gambit - for one thing it puts attention on you and less on his partner(s).

With Thok, it's not nearly as much a case. Maybe he saw you as scum and so thoguht thok was your partner.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Erg0 »

I disagree. I do think that Guardian was trying to get me killed because it was to his group's advantage, but not for the reason you so blithely assume.
V/LA most weekends.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Skruffs »

Oh, well in that case... excuse my blitheness.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Gorrad »

Gorrad wrote:Oy, last remaining goblin- You really targetted Erg0 the other night? Kill him yourself. You want him outta the way at least as much as we do, and we have other things to do than follow the advice of your scumbuddy.
Quoted for bump/emphasis.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

Something seems odd. Why did Gandalf have his own paragraph, and Bruce Lee just a byline?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Gorrad »

Skruffs wrote:Something seems odd. Why did Gandalf have his own paragraph, and Bruce Lee just a byline?
I dunno, because Stoofer has different priorities than you? A lot of people only had one line.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Erg0 »

Stoofer likes LotR? I dunno, Sonny Chiba got bumped to the bottom too.

I'm also noticing that, judging by the kills so far, it appears that every single player in this game is either scum or a power role.
V/LA most weekends.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Twomz »

Because Stoofer wanted to make it obvious that two people targeted Gandalf?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Gorrad »

Erg0 wrote:Stoofer likes LotR? I dunno, Sonny Chiba got bumped to the bottom too.

I'm also noticing that, judging by the kills so far, it appears that every single player in this game is either scum or a power role.
I saw that too. Makes a cetain amount of sense, given the flavor, but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an Ultimate-Showdown-of-Ultimate-Destiny-style vanilla bystander.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”