Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:16 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

I wanted to say something, but I'll wait for Joubert to reply first.

My mind still hasn't changed. I'm glad activity has picked up, though.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Joubert »

Korts, there's a difference between investigating and claiming. You're right when you say I did suggest that the real Cop investigate SF, but I don't think I used the word "should". I said he
could
do it, and not counter-claim, and I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with that, including you...

So, I said that, but I don't anymore, because I realize SensFan's PR is not serious enough. So the Cop should search elsewhere...
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by Imat »

Joubert wrote:Nice work, Cavebear, now you are definitely getting in the way of the Town. I'd swear it was staged...
For those of you still looking at Joubert with suspicion, this only heightened my admittedly limited suspicions. Hes barely referenced to, in fact only voted for to get more activity out of him, and he reacts by pushing back at Cavebear specifically. I don't like his whole reaction, so
FoS: Joubert

Also, for the "real" cop, if there is one, to investigate SF is rather pointless, as Korts said, because they can claim later when they know more of the Mafia and that will still verify SF. Lynching a potential Power Role, albeit a suspicious one, just because they annoy you is just plain idiocy. So, Cop, if you exist, gather more info, help us the best way you can.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Joubert »

That was so predictable, Imat. So if SF is not worth a lynch, then what do you suggest? By the way, I don't think anyone voted out of "annoyance" as you say. Or maybe it's some kind of projection. You are annoyed by it, but you prefer make it look like it's someone else...

Cavebear, I will vote you each time you change your mind and/or your vote. Any objection? I hope not, because that's exactly what you did to me...
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Imat »

I believe more than one person has said they don't want to put up with SF's PR for another day, hence voting out of annoyance. Also, I already suggested something, if you read back to one of my first posts. I suggested Lovo because his behavior has been scummy and, I believe, linked to SF. Therefore lynching Lovo and confirming his alignment will either confirm SF's scumminess or his innocence. However, it was a weak tie, I had some clues but not enough to really link them, so I kind of gave up on that until I have more evidence. You became the next player to look scummy, so I looked at what you were saying. Currently, I don't know who to lynch, but for now you look suspicious.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

I dont remember anyone voting out of annoyance...
I play the games rul gud.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

Because this has come up a couple times, it's idiotic to suggest that the real cop (assuming SF is scum, which is quite likely) should spend an investigation on SF. The real cop is the only person in the thread who knows for certain whether SF is lying or not, that's a wasted investigation in every way. Dumb suggestion.

I am in no way trying to squelch discussion, but the fact that people are, in general, starting to acknowledge that SF is not the lynch for today is ridiculous. You don't get beautiful stuff like this day 1 very often (a cop with a [ridiculous] pr in a mini-normal [you honestly think that role shows up in this format?]). For a day 1 lynch, I think the odds are extremely high.

I don't think any of the cases on anyone else hold a significant amount of water at the moment. I haven't been doing a ton of reading lately, as I've been in Thailand, but I'll try to give everything a decent readover when I get back and see if there's actually anything reasonably solid in all this fluff.
<><
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Wake me when we've lynched SensFan.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:26 am

Xylthixlm wrote:Wake me when
we've lynched SensFan.
september ends
that song is alright, but was overplayed.

but in all seriousness let's lynch SF, kthxbai.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Korts »

I'm sorry, but I don't see lynching SF as a pro-town cause. We may be wasting valuable information from his N1 investigation, if he hasn't been lying. I, for one, would like to hear what he has to say to us tomorrow, even if we have to decide whether to believe him or not. He hasn't been useless so far, and I think if he really is the cop, we should let him contribute. If he isn't cop, he'll slip up anyway.
scumchat never die
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Korts wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't see lynching SF as a pro-town cause. We may be wasting valuable information from his N1 investigation, if he hasn't been lying. I, for one, would like to hear what he has to say to us tomorrow, even if we have to decide whether to believe him or not. He hasn't been useless so far, and I think if he really is the cop, we should let him contribute. If he isn't cop, he'll slip up anyway.
If you don't want to lynch SensFan, why don't I see you pushing a case on someone else?

Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

Joubert wrote:Cavebear, I will vote you each time you change your mind and/or your vote. Any objection? I hope not, because that's exactly what you did to me...
I heavily object against that, actually. That wouldn't be constructive at all. I am doing nothing of that kind, I'm merely poking at you for first lurking and then for casting a vote that made me raise my eyebrow. Now you're being overly defensive, methinks, not that necessarily implies that you're scum or anything.

Just for the record, I'll give my opinion on the SensFan situation:
First of all, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's faking the whole thing. Not as scum, not as town. In fact, given the situation, I think he's one of the scummiest characters around... which really doesn't say very much given that we don't have much info on anyone. "But Cavebear", an imaginary listener whines, "if he's scummy shouldn't we just lynch him and get him out of the equation?" It's an option, and one I consider more attractive than just lynching someone randomly. However, he has claimed cop, and I simply can't see how finding someone else to lynch puts us in a worse place.
Correct me if my reasoning is off: If we (you) had gone ahead and lynched him right away, we'd get some information based on his alignment and who voted for who and what not going into day two. If we keep him alive for a day or two, we get information that's either reliable (he's actually cop) or not reliable (he's scum/insane). Mind you, we'd have to lynch someone else, but we'll have to lynch someone else sooner or later... And for now at least, we're not in any hurry. At least I'm not.

By keeping SF alive for a day or two we'll get information that we, at some point in the game, will be able to judge is trustworthy or not. If we lynch him now, we get no info, guaranteed. More information is good for the town.

Therefore, I think we should take some time to round up an alternative or two. If, by the time people get really bored and thinks "omg we should just lynch someone already this game is like so dull i dont care who" and you STILL think SensFan is so scummy it doesn't motivate the potential extra information, then fine, let him hang. As for me, I'm all for throwing some extra pressure around and see if anyone cracks. Right now, I think Joubert is an interesting person to out under pressure.

Those of you still voting for SensFan, please state your reason for doing this given my above reasoning.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Korts »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Korts wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't see lynching SF as a pro-town cause. We may be wasting valuable information from his N1 investigation, if he hasn't been lying. I, for one, would like to hear what he has to say to us tomorrow, even if we have to decide whether to believe him or not. He hasn't been useless so far, and I think if he really is the cop, we should let him contribute. If he isn't cop, he'll slip up anyway.
If you don't want to lynch SensFan, why don't I see you pushing a case on someone else?
I am pushing--well, not pushing so much, more nudging--a case on Joubert. My vote's already on him, and I have stated my reasons, pretty much.
scumchat never die
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:46 am

Cavebear, I really dont like being told what to do. I've laid out my reasons for voting Sensfan, go back and read. Your reason for not voting him seems to be that we dont get info if we lynch him today, but thats not true. We get all the info of who was on his wagon and who was defending him. Especially if he turns out scum which is the greatest likelihood. I'm almost certain he's faking the PR, and I really doubt he would do that were he truly a cop, as it makes him stand out more and seem a more likely lynch. therefore the info we get from him tomorrow will likely just be scum lies and completely wifom. I'd rather not waste a day for misinfo from a fakeclaiming scum.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Joubert »

Cavebear, it was an expression, not that I would really vote you anytime, unless you act scummy enough to go beyond a FoS...
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Imat »

Xyl just stepped right up in my mind. "Wake me when SF's been lynched" ? There is no way a comment like that ain't scummy. Anybody truly fighting For the Town and not Against it should be open to other votes based on more scummy behavior. If a lurker were to pop up now and start acting all scummy, would you still vote for SF, who, as has been pointed out, may actually be a cop? You're behavior in this matter, Xyl, has caught my eye since day one, and I am fairly confident a side comment like that raises you in everybody elses eyes as well. Joubert, you wanted to know who I'd vote instead of SF today, Xyl is my answer.
UnVote, Vote: Xilthixlm
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:35 am

sigh. why do all the noobs respond to jokes like that? Its pretty obvious that he was just noting that he was for the lynch of sensfan still. Do you honestly think he means to abandon the game entirely until SF is lynched? Do you actually think he was closing himself to all other opinions for day 1?

Sigh. MS is really going downhill these days.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Imat »

I'm just saying its not a very Pro-Town comment. Even if he was joking, a joke like that is not something a Pro-Town player would make, IMO.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:14 pm

why is any joke worse then another? What decides it? I would made that joke as town. I've made similar ones before. Thats why I responded to it in jest. Because its a joke, simply furthering what hes already expressed in previous posts. To vote based on it is ridiculous.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Fine. Wake me when we've lynched SensFan, or when there is a bandwagon on someone else.

Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Imat »

I had other suspicions before. And joking about lynching somebody, though funny when talking about this game, is not funny when playing this game. But again, I had other suspicions.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

1) SensFan is scum.
2) Lynching SensFan will give a lot of very interesting information about the people who are, and aren't, on his bandwagon.
3) Not lynching SensFan will put us right back in the same position tomorrow.

If you can convince me that someone else is scummier than SensFan, I'll change my vote. In the meanwhile, all this "SensFan is scum" "No he isn't" is completely useless. A number of people need to either vote SensFan, or find someone scummier. Simply arguing against the lynch accomplishes
nothing
for the town.

Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Shanba wrote:(no offence, but your modding display so far has not convinced me)
Offense Taken: Modkill Effective Immediately
>_>
<_<
I'm kidding, of course. I have been kind of shabby modding this game (haven't made any big screwups, but haven't been the most attentive either,) and I'd like to offer all you players my apologies.
Votecount of the day is:

Sensfan(5)--Xylthixlm, jerubbaal, Joubert, Cogito Ergo Scum, Elias_The_Thief
Xylthixlm(1)-- Ting
lovo14(1)--Imat
Joubert(4)--Shanba, SensFan, Korts , Cavebear with a Toothache

With 12 alive, it will be 7 to lynch!
Last edited by Khelvaster on Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

In order to determine the usefulness of SF's information, we will have to spend multiple days verifying it, not to mention the chance that he might just claim he was roleblocked (which he would be if the scum had an rb and he was actually the cop). If he claims roleblocked, we're having this same conversation again, exactly. If he claims a guilty, we have to follow him to a probable townie lynch to verify, and if he claims innocent, it could take 3 to 4 days to get anything useful.

Just to make sure I am understanding your last statement completely, SF, you are saying that you talked with Khel before the game and determined that voting in words was too "easy"?
<><
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

I agree with Xyl, jerubbaal, Joubert and Elias, hence my vote for SF, who I still think is the best lynch for today. I haven't seen anything scummy in Joubert's posts yet.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”