Newbie 569: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Battousai »

^actually, I was trying to figure out why Claus did not get hammered. My reason were that either all the scum were already voting him, or he himself is scum. As I was making the list, it got longer because I had to add in the people who weren't active at the point, roland and quintox. Otherwise the list would have narrowed down the targets. I posted it to let people know what I was going at.

I usually do not post as much, cause I tend to get on once a day, and during that time no one is usually on to spark multiple posts.

@quintox- I'm not really a noob. I have only played 4 games here, but I have been played mafia and modded on another site for over a year.

Also quintox, I think pairing is extremely dangerous to do for us. When you lynch one member of the pair, people tend to think the other person is more likely town. Using it as evidence of their towniness.

Vote Count as of post 65:
Claus (2): Chickenfish, sonickid01
Quitex (1): rolandgarros
thevampireofdusseldorf (1): Claus

Not voting (3): Quitex, Battousai, thevampireofdusseldorf

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

FoS: Chickenfish

Seems to be the only one defending sonics L-1 move and putting pressure on Batt even though I do like this comment of chickenfish
Considering there are 7 people in this game, and even if you do suspect yourself to be scum (?) you wouldn't mention it, I can't say this is a truly incredible deduction. Seems like maybe you wanna be seen to be doing something but your not actually?
In my mind I see little reason to defend someone else at this stage of the game unless
a) He was my mafia partner
b) I had a very good read on him as Town

@Chickenfish you might have another explanation beyond these two but if you had to choose (and I assume you would go with b) I would like to ask you why you think sonic is town.
sonickid01
sonickid01
Townie
sonickid01
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by sonickid01 »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote: Another thing I cant understand: I place a FoS on sonic trying to get attention of him and onto me, perhaps you put the wrong name in there or I am not reading it right please explain this to me.
I think he means that by FoS-ing myself, he suspects that you were trying to draw attention to yourself or me rather than Claus, because he suspects that you and him are scum. I also do find that to be a bit suspicious as well; I interpret it as trying to scrape suspicion off of your partner, if you are both scum, and onto someone else.

Batt- lol, 6/7 people, the 7th being yourself. :P Suspicious as well, but I'm more unsure about Chickenfish.

However, on the other hand, I do agree with Chickenfish. At L-1, only a mafia member would try to just go in and lynch immediately. If anyone does go for the hammer, it's a huge sign that says "Hi! Lynch me, I'm scum!" (I screwed up a game on a different board by being hasty and not thinking and randomly hammering an innocent, so this sounds hypocritical from me. :P)

However, I doubt that with the knowledge that we're not going to do anything at L-1, no one will probably crack down.

I guess that I'm not extremely sure of Chicken, but he does seem (it's not really a joke this time, :P) a bit fishy.
FOMS: Chickenfish
[/b]
Avatar was originally done by Demetri Martin, smartest comedian in the world. It was then uploaded to the 'net by some guy.
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Quitex »

Ok, some quick thoughts:
First, @ Vampire, I tried to tell that you FOSed Sonic to take attention OFF you, and on him.
Also, you FOSed Claus to keep your distance with him, but not put him in a dangerous position by keeping him @ L-1.

@ Batt: It may be too early to pair people up, but, it is neccesary. I will give you the Benefit of the doubt as if you've played before, if you've done so well great for you, but I dont think that pairing possible scums is something that its not good.

and, its Q-U-I-T-E-X. Ye can call me QX, if it's easier :P
Yes, it's me Hugging Christina Aguilera (Avatar by Amyxlala, a friend of mine wooo)
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

Hmm what I've noticed is that now sonick FOMS'ed chicken after defending him a few posts later without exactly explaining why other than he's "unsure"... In response to your last question Quitex I would believe that Sonick and Chicken is the most likely scumpair, although I'm a bit hesitant about seeking scumpairs quite early in the game. With regard's to Batt, why Claus didn't get hammered is actually a valid question, and I'll think about the implications of that... I think thats a really good point to make by the way, and I can see where Chicken is right in that sense.
Chickenfish
Chickenfish
Goon
Chickenfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by Chickenfish »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:@Chickenfish you might have another explanation beyond these two but if you had to choose (and I assume you would go with b) I would like to ask you why you think sonic is town.
I don't particularly think sonic is town, but I'm not gonna jump up and say 'he L-1ed someone, he must be scum!'.
If I was to say "I like potatoes", and someone replied "He likes potatoes, he must be scum!", you wouldn't neccesarily have to believe I was town to tell them their logic is faulty would you?
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

Well you have to take into account the fact that potatoes as opposed to L-1ing has no relevance whatsoever in hunting scum.
Chickenfish
Chickenfish
Goon
Chickenfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by Chickenfish »

Yes, but you also have to take into account the fact that saying 'he's not scum for that' is not nearly the equivalent to saying 'he's town'
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Quitex »

LOL, roland! >_>
<3.
Yes, it's me Hugging Christina Aguilera (Avatar by Amyxlala, a friend of mine wooo)
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Claus »

Yay. Lots of activity.

Sorry guys, but I got a busy spell at work today and tomorrow. A more fleshed out post will probably come on saturday.

I'm enjoying this game :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

You also have to take into account the fact that this repetition of syntax is getting more and more ridiculous by the second o_O

Anywho, putting someone at L-1 can be a valid reason to suspect that someone is scum... Liking potatoes isn't...

And I wasn't saying that you were saying that he was town.. I'm just saying that -quotes second sentence above-
Chickenfish
Chickenfish
Goon
Chickenfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:41 pm

Post by Chickenfish »

You also have to take into account (:P) that my initial potatoes argument was in response to
thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:@Chickenfish you might have another explanation beyond these two but if you had to choose (and I assume you would go with b) I would like to ask you why you think sonic is town.
So I was just trying to point out that saying sonic's act wasn't entirely scummy, that doesn't follow on to I think sonic's town. While it can seem like a scummy act from sonic, I don't think it's nearly as big a deal as Battousai was making out in post 50.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:54 pm

not sure ive got this quoting thing write yet but im trying.......

sonickid01 wrote
However, I doubt that with the knowledge that we're not going to do anything at L-1, no one will probably crack down.
It had occured to me that perhaps claus and sonic could be partners........
placing a L-1 on your partner so early in the game, yes there is risk of town hammering but that is less likely than scum doing it and it could be a very bold move to distance each other for the rest of the game.......it does leave sonic with obvious pressure on him for this but I think most early stuff is more easily explained/forgoten.
Heh thought i would put this out there wildy speculative as it is.
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:19 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

oh vampire the code for quote.. [quote = "name"]blablabla[/quote] without the spaces... should look like this
rolandgarros wrote:blablabla
sonickid01
sonickid01
Townie
sonickid01
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:57 am

Post by sonickid01 »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:not sure ive got this quoting thing write yet but im trying.......

sonickid01 wrote
It had occured to me that perhaps claus and sonic could be partners........
placing a L-1 on your partner so early in the game, yes there is risk of town hammering but that is less likely than scum doing it and it could be a very bold move to distance each other for the rest of the game.......it does leave sonic with obvious pressure on him for this but I think most early stuff is more easily explained/forgoten.
Heh thought i would put this out there wildy speculative as it is.
What I meant by that is that if I were in the position of staring down L-1 this early into the game, if I were scum I don't think I'd let any information through because I would know it was a bluff. Later on, should there be significant evidence against me, I would reveal something most likely. Claus doesn't have much evidence against him and he probably knows that so putting him at L-1 probably won't get much, if anything.

I do not say I'm defending Claus. Although I don't have a lot of proof of this statement since I voted for Claus earlier to just try to get information out of him, which I now realize won't work because (see above opinion in paragraph), though I haven't unvoted off of him. All I mean is L-1 won't really work to get a whole lot of information this early in the game UNLESS we actually intend to lynch someone.

Like I said before, my suspicion's more to Chickenfish than anyone but not very heavily. Your Potatoes = L-1 argument sort of makes sense and sort of doesn't. L-1 is a very good reason to suspect someone depending on circumstance. L-1 is not entirely random like potatoes, however. :^P (I don't like that automatic smiley. XD *shot*) However, I was just trying to get info.

Vampire, I wasn't trying to distance myself from anyone. Like I said, I was trying to get information, but as it's my second game I think I was trying to jump in too early.
Avatar was originally done by Demetri Martin, smartest comedian in the world. It was then uploaded to the 'net by some guy.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:38 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Claus (2): Chickenfish, sonickid01
Quitex (1): rolandgarros
thevampireofdusseldorf (1): Claus

Not voting (3): Quitex, Battousai, thevampireofdusseldorf

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Battousai »

Quitex wrote: @ Batt: ...

and, its Q-U-I-T-E-X. Ye can call me QX, if it's easier
I guess I can call you QX, since everyone seems to like calling me Batt in every game. Even though the first syllabol is Bat :wink:

@vampire: If you're townie and going with pairs, you have to think like scum. If you see your scenerio as good play for scum, then scum could also see it that way. This game is all about suspicion, and if you see something like your scenerio, keep an eye on the people involved. Your supicion could lead you to the right track.

I'll try and add a little more tommorow, when I'm not half asleep. Also, I would like to ask everyone to remove their votes if they were random and only leave the ones there that you are using if you believe the person is scum or you are pressuring them.
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Quitex »

The issue with the non-random votes is that basically all votes but one or two are random:

CF votes for WOS. Reason: Lurking.
Vampire votes Claus. Reason: Creppy Santa.
Roland votes QX. Reason: Avatar.
Batt votes Roland. Reason: Avatar.
Sonic votes Batt. Reason: Naruto. (LOL, this one made me laugh)
CF votes Claus. Reason: Previous contradiction.
Claus votes Vampire. Reason: Doesn't like strategy.
Sonic votes Claus. Reason: To suck info out of him.

So we have that, amazingly, CF and Sonic's votes have a reason, plus Claus's one. This makes me think of, yet again, the scummyness of CF and Conic actually placing votes on a specific player for 2 different but yet acceptable reasons.
If they're not scum, then I would be very worried about this game. But I guess they actually are scum. And to prove my theory right, I'll L-1 Claus, and since the 2 scums are already voting him, no one will hammer him.

Vote: Claus

Reason: To prove that the 2 scums are already voting for you.

Yes, I know this is a risky move, but I've played so passively the last games I have to switch strategy. Be Mr. Agressive welcomed to the game.
YES, I ALREADY KNOW I AM L-1ing.
Yes, I already know I am somewhat using Vampire's strategy: To point one way and attack another, but this strategy is perfect.
Multiple Scenarios wrote:
SCENARIO 1.If Claus gets hammered, that means that the one hammering is scum. Why? Because they need a townie out of this game, soon.

SCENARIO 2.Sonic or CF unvotes. This will lead me to think they're actually scum, waiting for a third townie to vote and then he can hammer.

SCENARIO 3.Nothing happens. This may be due to:
a) Both scums are already attacking him
b) Claus is scum
c) The scums are -very- intelligent and wont hammer... right away.

SCENARIO 4.Claus gets hammered, turns out to be scum. His Partner would either have a vote on me OR I'd get killed on night 1. If I have no votes, his P would be the one that gets more irate about it.

SCENARIO 5.I get a vote from Claus only and someone from CF/Sonic unvotes. This means that Claus is scum and his Scum partner is who unvotes him.

SCENARIO 6.I get 2 votes from Claus's and someone else. Again this'll mean that they're scum and they are willing to get a Lynch FAST by putting me in a L-1 situation as well.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:50 pm

Interestng move QX but I would like to point out that in your own list of possible scenarios
only
Scenario 2 and Scenario 3 a) point to your theory of sonic/fish
while
Scenario 3 b), Scenario 4, Scenario 5 & Scenario 6 implicate claus

And as far as I can guess the most likely thing to happen Scenario 3, only one of the three explanations points to sonic/fish.
This could be seen as good way to try and prove the sonic/fish scum pair and push for one of them to be lynched but based on your list and the knwledge that claus wasn't hammered before in the same situation I find this all highly dubious.

Claus is due to post tommorow and I would be keen to hear what Battousai & rolandgarros have to say about QX's post.
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

Well first of all
unvote: quitex
because my vote was a random vote to begin with.

With regards to quitex's last vote, looking back on the points he made as well as the points others have made and my own conclusion, I think that his move is quite aggressive, but we can probably get results from it. However, take into account scenario 3c. What if claus doesn't get hammered? Then we're stuck, because that tells us either one of three things, one of which (3c) leaves us with no information gained. That's the only flaw I can see in this aggressive move.
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by Quitex »

Note that I took into account all possible scenarios, not only the ones I believe will actually happen.
sonickid01
sonickid01
Townie
sonickid01
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:42 am

Post by sonickid01 »

Great move, Quitex. Me and Chicken voting for the same person does sorta point to a possibility of scuminess. However, my only reasoning for voting Claus was to get a bit of info, nothing more than that. I put him at L-1 with that because I knew there wouldn't be a lynch this early like I said earlier, unless there was a hammer of mafia. Chicken, on the other hand, was voting for an actual reason. If we were both the scumpair, we wouldn't vote the same person this early- it'd give ourselves away.

If I were to think of a scumpair possibility, it'd be Claus and Vampire. Vampire "randomvoted" Claus. Perhaps to draw suspicion away from the possibility since random votes mean nothing. Then I vote for Claus, and he unvotes, but keeps an FoS on him to make it look unsuspicious.

I'm now suspicious of Claus & Vampire in addition to Chicken, but that's half the players. :/[/b]
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:01 am

Post by Quitex »

Im glad you actually have suspicions on some players (Not all of them as Batt, LOL) but narrowing it to half o'em is good.
Sonic wrote:Me and Chicken voting for the same person does sorta point to a possibility of scuminess.
So you're telling us you're both possible scum?
Sonic wrote:I put him at L-1 with that because I knew there wouldn't be a lynch this early like I said earlier
How'd you know? Gut feeling? For the record, Gut feeling is good when you're @ day 2 and a scum was killed on day 1. But gut feeling may cost us a game on day 1.
Sonic wrote:I'm now suspicious of Claus & Vampire in addition to Chicken
Note here that you're suspicious of the other 3 people on this game that are under the hammer. Are you trying to convince someone to vote for Claus and FOS Vampire on their way, while making CF and yourself less scummypartnerlike?
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Quitex »

Sonic wrote: Great move, Quitex.
Ugh sorry for double post.... ergh >< ;_; :(
Why "Great"?
And one more question. What scenario you think it's more likely to happen?

and, thanks ^^ LOL! <3
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Battousai »

obviously scenerio 3, one way or another, is going to happen. I see your logic, but you left out a possibility in scenerio 3. Vampire, roland, myself, and you could be half the scum. Of course they want clause hammered, but since it's an obvious trap they can weigh the outcomes better and decide not to vote at all.

Your gambit is very aggressive, which leans on you being scum trying to act really pro-town, or your play style as town is very aggressive.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”