MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:41 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

There are two dead scum. If Thesp is scum, there are only threeish scum alive to direct him. If Erg0 is scum, there are only twoish scum we might consider listening to about who Thesp should target. 14 town directing Thesp, 2 scum directing Thesp. I'll take those odds.

unvote, vote: Erg0.
Claim or die, please. :)

ps. What's wrong with scum directing a dayvig, anyway? They clearly know better than we do who the scum are! :)

pps. Dear scum, please help me decide who to kill tonight!

ppps. To those blindly trusting Twomz's roleclaim, do you really think Stoof would have put 8 no-brainer confirmable roles in the game? 3 Protectors, 3 Finders, 1 Vig, 1 Resurrector! Surely at least one is scum?!
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Rogueben »

In response to your questions.

Cicero - Seemed solidly pro-town most of the game. Hasn't seemed to have more knowledge than he should, which is what I'd expect from scum. Some weaker points in his arguments that I don't agree with but overall I'd rate him as 45% on my scumdar (0% = confirmed town, 100% = confirmed scum).
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Twomz »

MBL wrote:ppps. To those blindly trusting Twomz's roleclaim, do you really think Stoof would have put 8 no-brainer confirmable roles in the game? 3 Protectors, 3 Finders, 1 Vig, 1 Resurrector! Surely at least one is scum?!
This is a good point... but the resurrector was confirmed because he DIED after using his ability, and it is more likely that there are 6 balanced cop/docs vs 3 groups of scum with limited crosskillings than that the 4th killer is a SK instead of a vig... but that last one wasn't true so meh.

But seriously, just me and the Pirate Protector left? On day 3? WTF?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by The Fonz »

If the suggestion is that 'Goblin Finder' is a safeclaim, well, Guardian clearly didn't get a safeclaim that good- why would anyone else?

But more to the point, I don't think anyone's blindly trusting it. The events surrounding Guardian make it more likely to be genuine, and in any case, such a claim paints a target on Twomz' back for a scumgroup that doesn't have a protector against it left alive, so I don't think it's worth worrying about it.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Iammars »

Kison wrote:...But I don't want people dismissing this as some kind of indisputable role and to let it slip under the rug, which is why I'm making a big deal about my skepticism.
Think about what it means if he is scum. If he has a one-shot daykill as scum and wants to use it on his partner to prove a point, he can go right ahead. But i would doubt a day-ending daykill given to scum. Not only do they get a free night, they would get an extra kill. That seems a little broken.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Twomz »

Henry Winkler wrote:If the suggestion is that 'Goblin Finder' is a safeclaim, well, Guardian clearly didn't get a safeclaim that good- why would anyone else?
This is an important note... that Guardian did in fact get not one, but two safeclaims. 18 safeclaims are in the game... or are they shared between scum buddies?

I also agree with Iammars about the brokenness of a day stopping dayvig in the scums hands. If what we have heard about Thesp's claim is true... then it's a pretty good indication of his alignment. Then again, he has to use it for us to know if it is true or not.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Skruffs »

There are 18 players left.
4 of them (at least) are clearable; Gorrad, MBL, Twomz, and the pirate protector.
That leaves 14 players.

There are (at least) three scum teams, at least one of each team left.
At minimum, there are 4 scum left, there could be 10 scum left (depending on if they all started with 2, and ending with if they had 4, which is the most IT hink a sane mod would put in a game with three scum groups).

Maybe we should all claim, now?If nothing else, it will hopefully get scum to try to hunt each other instead of decimating the town. (They can rely on MBL to do that). The goblins may have hit a scum group already, and the ninjas have already obviously hit the pirates twice, so there may be growing (read: exploitable) anxieties between the scum groups to try and hit each other now.

Thoughts?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Iammars »

Skruffs wrote:and the ninjas have already obviously hit the pirates twice,
When?

I'm unsure about mass-claim.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Skruffs »

[quote="Mr Stoofer"]
[*]
KaleiÐoscøpe - Dread Pirate Roberts - killed silently Night 3
[/quote]

Two hit rule?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Iammars »

[quote="Skruffs"][quote="Mr Stoofer"]
[*]
KaleiÐoscøpe - Dread Pirate Roberts - killed silently Night 3
[/quote]

Two hit rule?[/quote]

Good call. Forgot about that rule.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Mars, please answer 1284.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:14 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Erg0: 7 (Claus, cicero, Rogueben, The Fonz, Gorrad, Twomz, MrBuddyLee)
Thesp: 2 (ooba, Kison)
Kison: 1 (Erg0)

Not voting: 8 (Skruffs, JordanA24, Iammars, Cogito Ergo Sum, mikeburnfire, Flameaxe, UltimaAvalon, Thesp)

10 to lynch!

Deadline will be ~10th March

As things stand, Erg0 would be lynched at deadline.
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:20 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Cogito Ergo Sum replaces Samruc

The Vote Count above has been edited to reflect this.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

erg0, please claim.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:06 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

YARR!

At page 7, I am not a fan of Thesp's vehemence here. Also, it's ceteris paribus, not parabis, Thesp.

Vote: erg0
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:30 am

Okay, I've read the game. Want erg0 and Skruffs dead, don't trust Thesp.

Thesp should daykill erg0. YARR!

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Kison »

Hi,

Unvote
(was voting Thesp)

I think Erg0 is at L-2. That's close enough

Claim time.

In response to whoever said that we should let Thesp randomly choose someone at a time of his choosing for fear of scum manipulation(I think it was Mikey) ..... come on now? Thesp's claimed ability takes the place of a lynch. If scum are so super manipulative over who Thesp chooses, we might as well not lynch anymore because it's 'too dangerous' that they're manipulating our votes.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Twomz »

Step 1: Ergo claims
Step 2: Town discusses claim
Step 3: Thesp vigs Ergo or other scummy player?
Step 4: ?
Step 5: Profit
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Skruffs »

Okay:
Presuming that thesp is telling the truth:
If thesp is town, then whoever he day vigs will die, town or not, but he may die as well.

If he's scum, then there are at least three options here:
If he's a pirate, (who have killed every night so far and so have not yet hit scum) then the only people he can kill today are townies (and die) or a fellow pirate; I am assuming scum groups do not have immunity against themselves, I think the 1st post refers to other scum groups.

If he's a ninja. He can kill pirates or ninjas or townies, which definitely ups the non-lethal usability of his role.

If he's a goblin, pretty much the only person he can vig is erg0, if erg0 is the person goblins tried to kill before.

With that in mind, it offers a duel reason for thesp to hold onto his power, wether scum or town; if scum, it's more likely his attack will go through, and if town, later on in the game will most likely have a smaller ratio of town to scum and thus it's more likely he can kill without dying himself.

I am wary of asking thesp to use his attack on erg0, I am getting the impression that the people who are blarghing for erg0 vigging don't care wether thesp or erg0 is town or not. What I mean is, there's not forethought here, there is just people calling for blood.

Hi CES, you're looking healthy.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:54 am

Stoofs
, does rule 17 apply to possible daykills?

'Cause I don't think that's a logical assumption, Skruffs.

And I really want to test Thesp's ability, because I don't trust him one bit. It also seems unlikely to me that Thesp would be Guardian's buddy.
Skruffs wrote:I am wary of asking thesp to use his attack on erg0, I am getting the impression that the people who are blarghing for erg0 vigging don't care wether thesp or erg0 is town or not. What I mean is, there's not forethought here, there is just people calling for blood.
I strongly believe erg0 is scum and I trust Thesp as far as I can throw a slab of marble. I don't believe your characterisation is accurate and I want you to point out who is guilty of this attitude. Because I'm not seeing it.

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:56 am

Post by cicero »

cicero wrote:MBF no need to talk in the abstract. We have a particular situation here. Look at it. We have doubts about both of their
claims.
alignments In order for it to go wrong, Town's best instincts have to be wrong twice. And ignoring it means letting Thesp bounce along from day to day untested while he waits for that PERFECT moment to substitute his judgement for the town's and kill. It's a power we don't need, used by a person we don't trust, against another person we don't trust.

From a risk reward perspective, this is a no brainer.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Erg0 »

Ok, time for a claim.

I am Buffy Summers (aka Buffy the Vampire Slayer, for those who don't know). My PM tells me that I'm a plain old townie, but circumstancial evidence leads me to think that I may have an additional facet to my role - I suspect that I may be at least partially NK immune. This is both flavour based (Wikipedia tells me that I died and came back to life in the TV show), and also based on a possible explanation for the lack of a goblin kill on night 2.

I had a fairly specific strategy in mind for today to test this theory and try to maximise my remaining usefulness to the town, but that's unlikely to come to fruition now.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:39 am

Yeah, no.

Thesp, it's time to unsheath your katana.

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Skruffs »

See, CES? That lack of drive to do the research - or even think about it further than what it takes to try and get Thesp to use his ability is exactly what i am talking about.
Mr Stoofer wrote:
Special Rules for Pirates v. Ninjas!

[17] All bad guys (scum) have one-shot immunity against any scum group. In other words, for a scum cross-kill to occur, a bad guy must be targeted twice by the same scum group. If a kill fails for that reason, the targeting scum group will be told that that was why their kill failed.
Erg0's claim is not really believable in my eyes; nobody has claimed any partial or hidden roles, and every role that has a special ability is also restricted or neutral/harmful to town (possibly) in some way. (MBL's restriction of course is that he can only kill doctors, har har)

On the other hand, though
The only thing that gives it credence is Ooba's role, who wasn't killed when he was lynched.

Ooba, you may be able to shine light on erg0's claim: Do you know why you weren't lynched day 1?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:59 am

Skruffs, I'm well aware of rule 17, but I see it as dealing with nightkills, not daykills. There's no part of the research I haven't done.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”