The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Iammars wrote:Vampires generally represent cults. I think he's a cult-immune townie.
That's all I'm saying now.
That... is a stretch.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by cicero »

Iammars wrote:Vampires generally represent cults. I think he's a cult-immune townie.
I think that's good thinking outside the box actually. But this game apparently has Pirates, Ninjas and Goblins. And 26 players. Do you think there's room for a vampire cult as well? I don't really. I don't see room for a cult in here.

(at first I was going to type! Ha! Good thinking but not for the reason you say! There's no evidence of vampires anywhere in this game!! He's definitely lying!!! Then I realised their probably WOULD be no such evidence, cuz, um... it's a cult)
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Uh....k? Three scum groups, and a cult...makes perfect sense...

I don't think Thesp's dayvig, seeing as its day ending, should be town directed. Its essentially the same thing as a lynch, except if we mislynch, we only lose one town (as opposed to Thesp's mis-vig making 2 dead townies)
If Thesp really has Dayvigging powers, he should kill whoever the hell he wants to, whether its Erg0, or Skruffs, or Mars, or UA, or whoever.

Does this mean Erg0 should live? Not at all.

Vote: Erg0
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by cicero »

Unvote
to detract from what Ultima just did there.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by cicero »

I dont want Erg0 hammered until Thesp comes and vigs him and I disagree intensely with Ultima.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I disagree firmly. If we are to test Thesp's vigging abilities, we want to use them on someone who is most likely scum, since that minimises the risk if he's telling the truth, hence the idea to use it on the no1 lynch candidate. What you're proposing is either:

a) Thesp gets to make it to night without vigging at all
OR

b) Thesp vigs someone who is not the town's consensus choice for most likely scum.

Neither of those seem to me to be a particularly pro-town outcome.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Whats the big deal about testing? As far as I'm concerned, the only one's who should care if he really has dayvig powers, (and I only feel this way because of the multiple scumgroup scenario) are the scum. Whether he's lying or not, and regardless of his alignment, he now has at least two scum groups now considering him for the nightkill, simply because of the threat of the dayvig.

I'll also always oppose any sort of town-led consensus that isn't the lynch. I'm of the opinion that a single person will always make a better decision than any group of people, especially when that group of people consists of people who are opposing you.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Iammars »

How do we know that there's three groups? How do we know that it's not 2 groups and a SK? Note that we also haven't had a dead ninja scum yet. (Although ninjas are probably scum)

I am also not saying this just based of Erg0's claim.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Except that it is unlikely that he has already been targetted by scum, and scum have Xkill immunities.

Also: You'd prefer one person's vig decision to end the day immediately rather than pursuing a pseudolynch through the normal channels until there's a consensus?

Having Thesp vig at -1, therefore pseudohammering, doesn't have any obvious downside to me. If he's telling the truth, we'll never have a better opportunity to have him prove it whilst minimising the risks of his dying in the attempt. If he's lying, we're clearly better off knowing this.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Twomz »

I agree with the Thesp vig Ergo theorem. But... if Thesp CAN'T Dayvig... what is our course of action? Lynch Ergo today and thesp tomorrow? Or lynch thesp today and ergo tomorrow? Or let the goblins finish ergo off?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Lynch one, have MBL vig the other.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Skruffs »

twomz- I hate to be a pain in your patooka, but the goblins will probably go after you over erg0 tonight, if you aren't a goblin yourself.

Cicero's 1351:
Well it depends on how big the scum group sizes are. There are definitely at lest one goblin and at least one pirate and at least two ninjas left.
(I know this because I read the flavor at the beginning of the game.)

I personally think four scum groups, including one that can grow each night, is excessive, even if they were minimally sized. The interesting aspect of that, would be that the cult would have one-shot immunity as well; so previously town players like gorrad could be 'converted' into scum, and have NK immunity. Also, the cult would presumably be able to 'fail' at attempts to recruit scum, without being killed itself, because of the immunity rule. While I think that the possibilities of it are intriguing, I really don't think Stoofer would do that. Gorrad being in a cult does kind of make the way he's playing make more sense, though.
But if there's vampires, then there's probably zombies, too, and a werewolf, and maybe even a mummy.

Way too complicated.

I don't believe Erg0's claim, it just doesn't jibe. Bye bye, Erg0.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

@Mars. I said at least 2 groups. Also, Ninja SK is still scum.

@Fonz: regardless of how many hits he's had, if he's scum, he's going to die sooner or later. Also, the whole idea behind "testing" still relies on the whole idea of Town Consensus, and I'm much too firmly rooted to the idea that all of us is as dumb as none of us. We'll find out whether or not he's lying after he vigs or after he dies, which either is now likely to happen.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Twomz »

Yes Skruffs, I'm a Goblin. I not only hardcore bussed my scumbuddy (who had a strong roleclaim and was revealing information that would have lead to the lynching of a possible rival scum), but I revealed our 3rd scum group to the town, because I didn't think it was fair that all the townies didn't know about it.[/sarcasm]

Although this game is large, with 3 scum groups, I don't think it's big enough for a cult.
The Fonz wrote:Lynch one, have MBL vig the other.
Only if Thesp refuses to vig Ergo.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Recent notes:

1. Erg0- scum, scum, die die die

2. Mars- REALLY bad vibes from his last few posts. A vampire cult? Really? I frankly can't believe he's suggesting this. If we find a cultist, THEN we worry.

3. UA- Wow. Scum much? I can see no downsides to Thesp killing that outweigh the considerable benefits.

4. Cicero- Pretty sure he's town.

5. CES- I didn't like your response Re: Cicero. Was that a joke, saying that you have no read, or what?

6. Skruffs- Notice how he specifically targets the confirmed guy as a possible cult member? Skruffs, I don't know what your beef is with me, but snap out of it.

Thesp, I believe it's your show.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

unvote, vote: Thesp

attn: Kaleidoscope's scumpartner... can you please kill me tonight? Thanks.

(is directing the scum scummy?)
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by Rogueben »

6. Skruffs- Notice how he specifically targets the confirmed guy as a possible cult member? Skruffs, I don't know what your beef is with me, but snap out of it.
If there's a cult, then you being recruited could explain some of your play. In this place you are not confirmed at all (not saying there is a cult though).

I agree that cult speculation seems to be stretching a fair bit though.

Also:
Thesp: vig or die
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Rogueben wrote:If there's a cult, then you being recruited could explain some of your play.
Mind giving examples? Or are you just repeating what you heard scum say?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Sorry my point was that you weren't cleared if there was a cult, not that I had found anything to be suspicious of you in particular.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:26 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Erg0: 7 (Claus, cicero, Rogueben, The Fonz, Gorrad, Twomz, MrBuddyLee)
Thesp: 2 (ooba, Cogito Ergo Sum)
Kison: 1 (Erg0)

Not voting: 8 (Skruffs, JordanA24, Iammars, mikeburnfire, Flameaxe, UltimaAvalon, Thesp, Kison)

10 to lynch!

Deadline will be ~10th March

As things stand, Erg0 would be lynched at deadline.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Gorrad, yes.

UA, you are neglecting the fact that we really want to test Thesp's ability.

Unvote, vote: Thesp
*pressure*
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Skruffs »

Gorrad wrote: 2. Mars- REALLY bad vibes from his last few posts. A vampire cult? Really? I frankly can't believe he's suggesting this. If we find a cultist, THEN we worry.
If erg0 shows up as buffy, will you still hold this opinion?
Gorrad wrote:. UA- Wow. Scum much? I can see no downsides to Thesp killing that outweigh the considerable benefits.
Unless it's a one-shot, or used on a townie. Right?
Gorrad wrote:4. Cicero- Pretty sure he's town.
Why does this help the town when there are three scum kills per night as well as the badly directed vig?
Gorrad wrote: 6. Skruffs- Notice how he specifically targets the confirmed guy as a possible cult member? Skruffs, I don't know what your beef is with me, but snap out of it.
Umm... relax? did you not notice that i discredited the idea that there is a cult in the same post? Why so defensive about the idea?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Skruffs »

Twomz wrote:Yes Skruffs, I'm a Goblin. I not only hardcore bussed my scumbuddy (who had a strong roleclaim and was revealing information that would have lead to the lynching of a possible rival scum), but I revealed our 3rd scum group to the town, because I didn't think it was fair that all the townies didn't know about it.[/sarcasm]
I'm not acussing you of being a goblin, twomz. I believe you are a cop, it fits the so far established pattern of the game. My post was merely inferring that unless you are a goblin, you are probably their target tonight.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:13 am

Post by Thesp »

I'd like to make this day more productive than using me to kill here, but I suspect that may be anywhere from unlikely to impossible at this juncture. I want a few more people to weigh in significantly first. I find it odd that I think Skruffs is making more sense than anyone else right now, though I don't know if it's from self-preservation or not. (Not that self-preservation is inherently bad for a player to have!)
Ooba wrote:But there's no way that Buffy would be vanilla.
This is a silly assumption to make.

I like UltimaAvalon's line of thinking (which Skruffs and mikeburnfire touch upon earlier), especially here:
UltimaAvalon wrote:Whats the big deal about testing? As far as I'm concerned, the only one's who should care if he really has dayvig powers, (and I only feel this way because of the multiple scumgroup scenario) are the scum. Whether he's lying or not, and regardless of his alignment, he now has at least two scum groups now considering him for the nightkill, simply because of the threat of the dayvig.

I'll also always oppose any sort of town-led consensus that isn't the lynch. I'm of the opinion that a single person will always make a better decision than any group of people, especially when that group of people consists of people who are opposing you.
To some real extent, if I listen to "the will of the people" and let that determine my actions, it could be anywhere from 0%-50+% scum-influenced. If I make the choice myself, I know my actions are 100% non-scum influenced (except to the extent conversation in the thread goes, etc.).

cicero, do you really doubt my ability? Note that when the MBL fake-kill came up, I said I was 1000% sure MBL didn't have a daykill -
because his role was "Vig" and mine was "Day Vig"
. I knew there was an explicit difference between our roles. (On that note, I'm not sure what MBL means when he says my reaction was "understated, then overstated". Can you explain what you see there? (Also, it's an absurd ability to claim if I can't back it up, especially as it doesn't verify my alignment unless I kill a townie, in which case I really, really would get killed for it.)

I also think this warrants more explanation:

How do we know that there's three groups? How do we know that it's not 2 groups and a SK? Note that we also haven't had a dead ninja scum yet. (Although ninjas are probably scum)

I am also not saying this just based of Erg0's claim.
I think the cat's out of the bag on this one, and any scum who may know more here have already been clued into anything they need to know from your less-than-subtle posts. This warrants explanation
now
, especially since you are asserting a semi-rolebased defense of the popular lynch for the day. (For the record, I don't believe Erg0's claim one bit, but since someone
who has expressed cluelessness about his own role
is suggesting some evidence that Erg0 may be town, it should be heard.)

I'm really, really, really not liking RogueBen's "follow the crowd and don't do anything significant" style of play. Coupled with TSQ's unusual jump off of Kaleidoscope on D1, I think he's a significant candidate for scumhood.
MrBuddyLee wrote:Thesp, Erg0, what do you guys make of Claus's (and cicero's) behavior re: you?
I've disagreed with many of the conclusions he came to (especially how he came to them. I've appreciated his activity, and I think he's genuinely wrong on things, as his frustration about too many players on D1 seems genuine. (I know I misread Guardian on frustration, but I feel this way about Claus nonetheless.) I'm intrigued to hear why he thinks I don't have the ability to daykill.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Skruffs »

scumhood... that just dounds dirty.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”