PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:09 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

thanks-- just YAW just a piece of site ediquette I was not fully aware.

Vote Internet Stranger

many reason for this vote looking through the thread.

He first of all started on the player being sent on a lynch train currently during day one for a lame reason. Gee he had a different idea about Gollum.

He had weird interactions with one Mr. Flay-- more so then the current lynch target has.

We do have multiple bad guys so prone to have a few weird interactions.

Internet Stranger may actually be associated with the spider character.

Unless it was a set up, Rick was primarily calling IS on his BS.

I see some things don't change no matter where you are, players often vote on lame reasons and seldom take time to think and sort things through.

The one interesting piece is tha Kor is an off voter. Of course if you add in all the non-voted like the player I am substituting for the off voter list is a bit longer.

At any rate, the current lynch train to me seems foolish and I find IS at the heart of it. Now maybe his style is to be wild and disjointed but if not a bad guy he sure seems to be helping them.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:09 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

He first of all started on the player being sent on a lynch train currently during day one for a lame reason. Gee he had a different idea about Gollum.
You certainly dont mean the player on the lynch train that just so happened to be a GOBLIN, do you?!?
He had weird interactions with one Mr. Flay-- more so then the current lynch target has.
What interactions? I dont even remember talking to him!
Spider character?!?! How the hell do you figure that?!? Now thats just fluttering crap into the air.
In case you havent noticed, everyone calls BS on IS. Including you.
I see some things don't change no matter where you are, players often vote on lame reasons and seldom take time to think and sort things through.
Yes, indeed. They dont. Helping the bad guys. Ridiculous. Were you not the one voting for me without even reading anything yet?

Coolbot, you should thank Mr Shady Character here.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:45 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Internet Stranger wrote:
You certainly dont mean the player on the lynch train that just so happened to be a GOBLIN, do you?!?

Nope-- I mean the player that is currently being lynched, you tried to drive toward being lynched the first day. Cast several votes his way. You DID NOT drive the Jediknight lynch train.
What interactions? I dont even remember talking to him!

Funny because you had an exchange--not quite sure what to make of it, but you had more conversation then the current lynchee had.
Spider character?!?! How the hell do you figure that?!? Now thats just fluttering crap into the air.

WEll whatever susbstance killed with the silky substance.
In case you havent noticed, everyone calls BS on IS. Including you.

So then you are a weak player who has no clue.
Yes, indeed. They dont. Helping the bad guys. Ridiculous. Were you not the one voting for me without even reading anything yet?

No I read. You were suspiscious and then what I read more detailed proved my guts to be correct.

Coolbot, you should thank Mr Shady Character here.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:42 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Internet Stranger wrote:What a load of crap, you people are clutching at straws again on a Day 1.

Your evil people are either Coolbot or Korais.

Unvote: Dragonmaster
Vote: Korais

And someone do something about lurkers. If you people want to have some silly vendetta, pick a lurker, not me.
IS first vote for mr Korais---

Mr. Flay was the first to vote for Korais. Atypical scum behavior but have seen it done. But here IS concludes 2 folks have to be evil-- based on WHAT?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:53 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Mr. Flay wrote:I still don't see why IS gets a pass. Granted, I've never played with him before, but he's essentially fingered 3 different people (dragonmaker, coolbot, and korais) for no visible reasons, votes for jediknight "just to end the day" when we haven't even heard from everyone, and seems to have some sort of feud with Yaw. He's even got people asking him who they should vote for, but not why (except Yaw). I'd vote for him, but he's bulletproof today, and then there's this...

Korais666 wrote:
Flay: We've only had one night, how could IS possibly be so sure of at least 3 people being guilty, even if he was a cop?
I didn't say he was sure of three people, I said there were ways to be sure someone is guilty. "sortamaybeevilbutmaybenot" is a townie vote, or a scum vote, IMO. My vote stands, but jediknight's looking better all the time.
Sorry IS-- you never did actually talk to Mr. Flay but he certainly made a weird comment to you. Korais and IS had a brief discussion about you.

So
UNVOTE INTERNET STRANGER

I do find the Rick link and the silky substance to point toward IS.

I will
vote Korais
here because that is a curious comment by flay defending while accusing. I do find IS behavior highly suspiscious but after taking a 2nd read after some sleep feel more comfortable going Korais route but the vote is piling rather fast but could provide interesting data.
drummer97531
drummer97531
Goon
drummer97531
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:43 am

Post by drummer97531 »

Welcome PeaceBringer. Glad to see you're an active player. Uh, I don't think IS was wondering where you got the spider role from. I think he was wondering how you connected it with him.
"Okay, that wasn't [i]completely[/i] true."
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:39 am

Post by mikehart »

Vote Count

korais666
( 8 ) -
Internet Stranger, Yaw, MMCL, Corsato, Flying Dutchman, Jaylen, drummer97531, Peace Bringer

Internet Stranger
( 1 ) - korais666
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:33 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Run that by me again, PeaceBringer? Why do you think IS has any connection to the spiders?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:42 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

SS- sorry thought I posted the explanation- must have hit preview instead of submit.

Rick's only suspect was who? Internet stranger. Other then joining the lynch train. IS was killed by the spider or web producing entity.

In general 4 reasons for a kill by a bad guy. Get rid of a dangerous player, hunting for cop, person had right suspects, or to throw suspiscion on the players suspects.

I don't know if Rick is a good and dangerous player to scum. This leads me to think cop hunting or he was on target with a suspect.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:46 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

btw just did a little research in to what where I play as termed Speedbumps. Meaning not participating in the game.

So far no votes cast by these players.

Not voted- Narninian, Uraj45, yggdrasil, Meaning of Life 42, indentureddjinn

and this there current story

MOL- last active August 3rd- only posts to sign up as replacement.

Indent- last post july 23rd-been inactive- posted a couple times to say hey I am around and will say something later

Yggdrasil- replacement-vacation till 11th—

Uraj45- on vacation, limited action and game was stalled has checked in on other games.

Narninian-active on site but not in game thread

I realize this is a long game and plagued with having to replace but of those inactives the most curious is Narninian-- ulitmate speedbump.

Possible low flying scum or related to the game stalling?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:49 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Korais, Claim? Now is the best time.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:50 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

sorry MOL looks to be another replacement who has not checked in. Date in queu says 9th not 3rd.

My reading of the dates of last post then might be a little off.

Ident is the one who seems AWOL from sight.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:54 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

oh and then there is Shivan Dragon who was last posting in this thread on 8/6 but has yet to vote this game-- (don't know if they replaced anyone)
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:57 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

indentureddjinn wrote:sorry still reading thred, get back to you tomorrow

his last post-- apparently he is the one to be runnign mystery novels theme-- hope the guy is alright. Long time away from an apparent active user.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:12 am

Post by Yaw »

Haven't seen anything from Murk today either, and I think Gaspode's still on vacation. If any of them show up on AIM, I'll prod. We just call them lurkers, by the way.
PeaceBringer wrote:In general 4 reasons for a kill by a bad guy. Get rid of a dangerous player, hunting for cop, person had right suspects, or to throw suspiscion on the players suspects.
Or because they can. Experienced scum tend to kill randomly, or as close as possible. It means they're harder to track down by people looking for reasons behind night kills. Incidentally, that's why I almost never use night kills as scum "tells". At any rate, Rick
is
a good player.

Also, IS
always
posts like this. No matter what the role, he's always the scummiest-looking person around. It's his playing style, and he makes it work for him. (I think I have a good clue as to why.) As others have mentioned, nobody's quite sure how to tell when he's scum, and he's a good enough mafia hunter when town that it isn't worth lynching him as an object lesson (not that any such lesson would take). Best bet is to let him be, ride his scum-hunting prowess as far as we can (even if he is scum, he'll be trying to take out the scum groups he isn't a part of), and have a cop check him out. If there's an experienced cop in this game, I expect that's already been done, and if there's an inexperienced cop in this game, I except that will be done tonight at the latest.

I agree it's getting close to claiming time for Korais. If the claim is inadequate, I'd prefer to see our second replacement show up, at least, before we lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:15 am

Post by MMCL »

I agree with the Korais should claim now 'calls'... and also agree that we should not lynch until the 2nd replacement has had time to join.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:22 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

YAW-- a randomn kill falls under set up category. Kill someone for no reason in particular to throw off.

I tend to look at everything and see patterns. Again I don't know from squat but the kill is worth paying attention to. If IS is an often early viewed player then cool.

I already moved my vote anyway. Just wanted to throw the comment out there. Any piece of information can be important and experience scums will work away from known trends and change things up.

Oh and Rick was a day 2 kill--- Bad Guys do usually put thought into their kills.

if this was LOR would think A gollum tie to spider-- but since hobbit not sure why we are getting spider type kill- I would say we cannot rule out a tie to gollum with spider-- just based on LOR--
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:31 am

Post by Yaw »

PeaceBringer wrote:if this was LOR would think A gollum tie to spider-- but since hobbit not sure why we are getting spider type kill- I would say we cannot rule out a tie to gollum with spider-- just based on LOR--
There was a large battle with giant spiders in Mirkwood in "The Hobbit". Spiders set upon the dwarves in the night, webbed them all up, but Bilbo woke up before the spiders had finished cocooning him. Putting on the ring, he was able to fight off the spiders and rescue the dwarves. So yes, there is sufficient backing for a group of spiders in this game, and that group would have no connection to Gollum whatsoever.
Success breeds suspicion
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:07 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

thanks YAW been ages since read the hobbit--

far more up to date on LOTR-

Tolkien was consistent. So yes spiders clearly seperate group then--interesting.
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:09 am

Post by meaning of life 42 »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
i'm here.
just replaced, so i realy havn't had a chance to see what's going on yet...................................k....................yup..............
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:51 am

so, how's everyone feeling tonight, good? how bout we start off with a few jokes?
ok.
-If you get your nipple biten off by a beaver....................
-If you think N'SYNC is where your dirty dishes are...................
-If your dad's cell number has nothing to do with a telephone number...........
-If an episode of Walker Texas Ranger has changed your life..........
-If you've ever worn a tub-top to a funeral home...........
-If you've ever opened a beer during a eulugy(spelling?????).............
-If you have ever ridden an electric floor buffer..........
-if you've ever emptied the back of your pick up truck by driving real fast backwards and then slamming on the breaks..............
-If you've ever used a bar stool for a walker.........

..................ya might be a redneck.
Ok.
bye.
OHh, i'm not gonna be able to be on during week days, got high school.(sucks) sry. k.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:54 am

Post by MMCL »

FOS: meaning of life 42
:twisted:
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:58 am

Post by the silent speaker »

vote: meaning of life 42
for spamming. That's just annoying, man.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:07 pm

ohh, well sry. i'm new here.

vote: SS
because he's a big meanie. LOL. no, because he can't stand a littl humor once in a while.
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:53 pm

i'm new here, so can some one tell me what FOS means?
FOS: meaning of life 42

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”